Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Stop Playing Politics With Hid’s Death – Fayose Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Playing Politics With Hid’s Death – Fayose Warns (375 Views)

Lai Mohammed Slams FFK & Fayose, Warns Nigerians On Fake News Regarding Buhari / FG Playing Politics With Niger Delta Dialogue – MEND / APC, FG Hounded Alamieyeseigha To Death - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Playing Politics With Hid’s Death – Fayose Warns by FREEEMANAN(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2015
[b]Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose has warned Nigerian politicians against playing politics with the death of the late matriarch of Awolowo dynasty, Chief (Mrs) Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo.

Fayose, who spoke in Ikenne-Remo, Ogun State when he paid a condolence visit to the Awolowo family, was accompanied by the Senator representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Ben Murray-Bruce.
He said the deceased should not be celebrated for political reasons,advising that politicians should rather sustain her legacy and that of her late husband, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

The Ekiti governor noted that visiting the Awolowos should not just be a one-off thing aimed at scoring cheap political points and making publicity stunts.

Others who also paid condolence visits yesterday included former Head of Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan; prominent industrialist, Dr Oba Otudeko, and the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana, who was represented by the Osi Olubadan, Senator Lekan Balogun, and Ekerin Olubadan, High Chief Abimbola Ajibola.

Fayose said “One thing I like to remind all politicians; it is in our way to make politics out of people’s lives, to celebrate them for political reasons.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/stop-playing-politics-with-hids-death-fayose-warns/

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Stop Playing Politics With Hid’s Death – Fayose Warns by munchfani: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2015
FAYOSE THE VAGABOND
Re: Stop Playing Politics With Hid’s Death – Fayose Warns by Perfectwazobia: 9:13am On Sep 26, 2015
Ok and noted
Re: Stop Playing Politics With Hid’s Death – Fayose Warns by henchamb(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2015
Always going off point both in speeches and leadership skills.

1 Like

Re: Stop Playing Politics With Hid’s Death – Fayose Warns by orunto27: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2015
HID is Politics. High In Democracy. Action Wheeler Objects. But you and Mimiko should be wary of Tinubu/Remo/Ogun/Oyo/Lagos brand s of Yoruba politics.HID is gone. Onii is gone. Awo has been long gone. Yorubas should forget whatever misdeeds of OBJ and rally round him for Yorubas unity. He loves Yoruba. He loves Nigeria. He loves Democracy. He loves a good world around him. He is a Soldier and a gentleman. As a world leader, he accepted the biafran surrender and has won laurels for Nigeria. I know he knows what GEJ did cleverly wrong to lose the election, but we are all Nigerians, and I know that he will be willing to share his very rich opinions with Mimiko and Fayiose if they approach again like their father and family.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Civil Society Mourns Bilikisu Yusuf / I’ll Fulfil My Electoral Promises, Ambode Assures / Senate Gets Buhari’s List Of Ministers Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.