Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Another Air Crash Averted - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Air Crash Averted (685 Views)

Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor / Plane Crash Averted As Drunk Pilot Slumps In Cockpit With 99 Passengers / Stop Spreading False Information - Dana Air Reacts To Alleged Air Crash In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Air Crash Averted by ayojosh2k(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2015
Kenya Airline KQ504 lost both engines while Passangers completed boarding.

I am from my way from Tanzania to Ghana via Kenya. Got to Nairobi on time, waiting for the connection flight as usual.
A 40 minutes delay was initially announced, we waited patiently. After almost two hours of waiting, boarding was announced and we were taken to the aircraft. The plane looks obviously very old, but we held on to our faiths as usual.

Boarding completed and the aircraft attempted to my and there was a sudden quiet. The pilot announced that they had a few technical issues and they will fix it in 10mins. After about 25mins, the pilot announced again that that have lost the engines unfortunately and the plane is not serviceable.

We were marched out of the plane back to the lobby where we await our fate. In simple terms, we are stranded.

Fp, pls.

Re: Another Air Crash Averted by Perfectwazobia: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2015
Thank God
Re: Another Air Crash Averted by benedictnsi(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2015
That's good
Re: Another Air Crash Averted by Nawtiguy: 11:10am On Sep 26, 2015
Congrats. Could have been worse.
Re: Another Air Crash Averted by tpiander: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hope nigerian planes will not liftoff if they notice engine problems.
Re: Another Air Crash Averted by davodyguy: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
Thank God the pilotloves his life too and didn't attempt a take off. It would have been disaster.

We thank God

(1) (Reply)

Help me get here / 5 Types Of Soccer Fans You Will Find At Viewing Centres / Warning For Those Going To Terminus In Jos Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.