Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon (4777 Views)

Would You Allow This To Happen To Your Grandfather? Pic: / After Your Honeymoon You Found This On Him, What Will You Do ? / Ladies: 8 Signs You Expect Too Much From Your Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by Rogo: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2009
hello nairaland family the above question have been troubling my mind because am thinking of getting involve soon.
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by ican(f): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ Poster
Will like to share my thoughts with you, As u prepare for your HoneyMoon, invariably for the Married Life, Start studying the Scriptures that are related to Marriage, (Husbands love ur wife, wives be submissive to your own husband, Ephe 5:22-33), Also, get books on this issue, I mean good books, I recommend the "Act of Marriage", u may start to read the book two weeks to ur wedding, it is loaded and it is strictly for married couples or couples intending to get married soon, not for boys and girls,
Then during Honey Moon, you guys should discuss some issues, and then agree on standards you want to set for your marriage, e.g, how do you intend to resolve conflicts?, how many children do u intend to have, will you like to travel abroad later, and so on, important issues of marriage could be discussed during this period,
Then, if your wife is a virgin, then u may need to get a gel (pls not VASELINE!, I recommend K-Y Gel) that could help in the disvirgining process, it could be very painful without this, u can drastically reduce the pains by applying this gel, A clear description of how to use it is in "The Act of Marriage", the book I recommended up there,
You may discover some differences during HoneyMoon or sometimes later in Marriage, but pls whatever, always know that you are in IT for forever, so always seek to resolve not to aggravate issues, Tell God about ur concerns because He is very interested, HE is the author of Marriage, He knows all about it, He brought the idea of Marriage up in the first place, So talk to Him when there is/are concerns,
And also know that whether yor marriag ewokrs or not, it dependly on YOU SOLELY!!!!! dont ever blame anyone for your failures, you made the decision to get married so u should stay up to your decison, like I said God is there to see u through.

Finally, have FUN!, dont let the devil rob you of the fun of your Honey Moon (invariably marriage) cus of one unnecessary argument(s), here and there, Be quick to forgive your spouse if any offence comes up, if u dont forgive, you will miss the joy which you should have in marriage,

Marraige is fun, enjoyable, beautiful , wonderful and full of Blessings, BUT it is Hard work, u have to work at it to make sure it is what God calls it,

I hope I have given some tips, All the Best,
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by prittigrrr(f): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2009
Excellent advice!
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by ifyalways(f): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2009
Expect Nothing and everything,have fun and just fun.Think of no one else But yourself and your spouse.shut out the world and do your thing.
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by Ben13: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
expect fun.
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2009
@topic
You know na wink
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by hotstuff06(f): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2009
ican:

@ Poster
Will like to share my thoughts with you, As u prepare for your HoneyMoon, invariably for the Married Life, Start studying the Scriptures that are related to Marriage, (Husbands love ur wife, wives be submissive to your own husband, Ephe 5:22-33), Also, get books on this issue, I mean good books, I recommend the "Act of Marriage", u may start to read the book two weeks to ur wedding, it is loaded and it is strictly for married couples or couples intending to get married soon, not for boys and girls,
Then during Honey Moon, you guys should discuss some issues, and then agree on standards you want to set for your marriage, e.g, how do you intend to resolve conflicts?, how many children do u intend to have, will you like to travel abroad later, and so on, important issues of marriage could be discussed during this period,
Then, if your wife is a virgin, then u may need to get a gel (pls not VASELINE!, I recommend K-Y Gel) that could help in the disvirgining process, it could be very painful without this, u can drastically reduce the pains by applying this gel, A clear description of how to use it is in "The Act of Marriage", the book I recommended up there,
You may discover some differences during HoneyMoon or sometimes later in Marriage, but pls whatever, always know that you are in IT for forever, so always seek to resolve not to aggravate issues, Tell God about ur concerns because He is very interested, HE is the author of Marriage, He knows all about it, He brought the idea of Marriage up in the first place, So talk to Him when there is/are concerns,
And also know that whether yor marriag ewokrs or not, it dependly on YOU SOLELY!!!!! dont ever blame anyone for your failures, you made the decision to get married so u should stay up to your decison, like I said God is there to see u through.

Finally, have FUN!, dont let the devil rob you of the fun of your Honey Moon (invariably marriage) cus of one unnecessary argument(s), here and there, Be quick to forgive your spouse if any offence comes up, if u dont forgive, you will miss the joy which you should have in marriage,

Marraige is fun, enjoyable, beautiful , wonderful and full of Blessings, BUT it is Hard work, u have to work at it to make sure it is what God calls it,

I hope I have given some tips, All the Best,

All above is true, however i would storngly advice the bolded part above be discussed before marriage?
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by spikedcylinder: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2009
ican:

Blimey! Then what do you guys discuss during courtship? The kind of conflicts that arise when you're courting might also arise afterwards, how were they dealt with? The number of children should be agreed upon before marriage, no? What if after you're married one person decides they don't want kids? Brad and Jen come to mind. . . undecided
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by sparta(f): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2009
The discussion parts (children, finances, travelling) should have been done before marriage not during honey moon. Honey moon is for fun.
Re: Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon by sparta(f): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2009
The discussion parts (children, finances, travelling) should have been done before marriage not during honey moon. Honey moon is for fun.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Father's Day! / I Need Your Candid Advice / How Do I Deal With A Weak Wife...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.