Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Happy Father's Day! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Father's Day! (4773 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Child Wished You Happy Father's Day This Way? (pic) / Happy father's day (true Story) / Father's Day: What Do You Love Most About Your Dad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Father's Day! by Stegomiah: 12:08am On Jun 16, 2013
'A true father is always there for his child.
He is there to spill tears of happiness when his eyes fall upon his infant daughter.
He is there with arms to catch her when she takes her first steps or stumbles.
He is there to teach her at the youngest age, even though she might not understand half of it.
He is there to help her color inside the lines, make her grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, and tie her shoes.
He is there to hug her and kiss her on her first days of school, and to walk her in if need be.
He is there to teach her and tease her and laugh with her.
He is always there to embarrass her, but that's part of life.
He is there to tell her to go ask her mother, when her mother told her to ask him.
He is there to lecture her, prepare her for the monster called high school.
He is there to put up with her teenage moods and her co-ed relationships.
He is there to approve, disapprove, accept and forgive.
He is there to give her a big bundle of flowers when she graduates, to smile when her name is called and feel proud.
He is there to embrace her and kiss her before she goes to live and learn a thousand miles away.
He is there to see her become a workingwoman, to walk her down the aisle (or not, if her independence and stubbornness prevail after all).
He is there to watch her grow as the lines on his face grow.
He is there to welcome her home, always, and let her hug him and smell the smell she remembers from childhood, the warm, protecting, comforting smell of dad. But most of all,
He is always there to love her. And
she is always there to love him back'.
Dad, I love you, happy Fathers Day!

Fathers Day is always celebrated in most part of the world on every third Sunday in the month of june, and today the 16th of June, 2013 can not an Exemption!

This thread is dedicated to all Fathers including the about to be fathers, if you like you can share pictures; pictures with ur child/children, picture of you with your Father...

Wishing all the Fathers a happy Fathers day!!!

4 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day! by spikesC(m): 12:11am On Jun 16, 2013
cool

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day! by Nobody: 2:18am On Jun 16, 2013
I was just going to open a similar thread. grin Lovely poem, btw.

I'm not a poet but I want to celebrate my pops today. And since I've been dropping shabby freestyles of late, I might as well drop one for my pops. Not a rapper but I do freestyle from time to time and record myself. wink

This is straight off-the-dome, straight from the heart, with no chaser and no edit(ing) - for my pops. Happy fathers' day!! - I love you, pops!!!

I went from a boy to a teenager and now an adult
Raised me the African way 'cos you never wanted me to be a dolt
I remember the beatings and scolding(s)
The family gatherings and the monthly meetings
With Shina Peters, Fela Kuti, King Sunny Ade, and Ebenezer Obey serenading the feelings
Guitar boy by Victor Uwaifo was my favourite, can't tell me nothing
Used to dance with you and mum; and I want to dance with you again
I'm older now trying to find my way in this cold world of no pain no gain
Everything you told me back then, now I understand better
Now I'm fully charged so I'm taking out the charger
Forever seeking knowledge that will make me smarter and tougher
Always warned by my African father that snake in disguise can emerge as partner
Being a man ain't easy and you raised a versatile young soldier
Raised me to be strong as an ox with a strong mentality and an African mindset
And my mind is set to go forth and conquer the planet
I'll forever be grateful to you pops, I love you!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day! by Sanboy25: 10:04am On Jun 16, 2013
obowunmi: Some men are just sperm donors not fathers...
Lol, such positivity. grin
Happy Father's day to all the daddies on NL! kiss
Re: Happy Father's Day! by Madawaki01(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2013
Happy floggers fathers day
Re: Happy Father's Day! by fitzmayowa: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2013
Happy Fathers Day...and RIP to the dead Fathers

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day! by everyday: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2013
Wetin consine me
Re: Happy Father's Day! by Willgates(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2013
i wish my dari coughno codswill Obut Akpabio eferi api fara's day!
Re: Happy Father's Day! by mosho2good: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2013
Is dat going to give me money 4 alomo and bread i want 2 eat.
Re: Happy Father's Day! by firstolalekan(m): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2013
Okay
Re: Happy Father's Day! by omar22(m): 11:31am On Jun 16, 2013
Today will be a great day on BBM or Facebook as some girls will realise that friends dad is their sugardad ....... grin grin grin
Re: Happy Father's Day! by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2013
happy father"s day "OLD BOY" its not easy reasing a legend like me....
Re: Happy Father's Day! by efosanice: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2013
Happy fathers' day, all my life, i have been trying to prove to you that you are wrong and i am right, i hope you are now convinced beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Happy Father's Day! by eforce: 11:34am On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Happy Father's Day! by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2013
Abeg NLers, when is the official Father and Mother's day in Nigeria?
Re: Happy Father's Day! by eforce: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2013
I grew up fatherless, was fatherless since the age of 13, Here are lesson l learnt from growing up in a house where the biological father is absent.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/06/growing-up-fatherless-lessons-i-learnt.html

Re: Happy Father's Day! by CrazyMan(m): 11:41am On Jun 16, 2013
Happy fathers day to all fathers (mine inclusive) may you all live to a ripe old age before departing this world.
Re: Happy Father's Day! by nifemi25(m): 11:41am On Jun 16, 2013
How I wish he was still alive But still yet am still saying happy fathers day to him. Rip dad
Re: Happy Father's Day! by paulinse(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2013
Happy father's day
Re: Happy Father's Day! by CohenJane: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
My Dad is late; I buried him by my own hand, put him the grave myself, I never cried because I needed to be strong for my siblings.

I'm missing my dad every second of my life, I miss him the more when I was returning from camp with my NYSC Kaki. How glad would he have been? In his voice, he would have exclaimed: "Ha! Adewale, I'm so proud of you, I'm so happy!

Happy Fathers Day to all whose father is still around; please share some joyful moment with him.

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day! by elrony(m): 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Woulda gotten him sumfin nice today,buh he ain't no more!!!..,happy Father's Day to all 'em good dad out there!!
Re: Happy Father's Day! by uzoo: 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Happy father's day to all the fathers there.

I Just want to appreciate you daddy, I thank the lord for making you my father , My friend, My mentor , My Hero, My Teacher, and the Shoulder that was always there for me to lean on.

No High School/college/University or Training could ever teach me all what I have learnt from you and I am still learning from you.

No gift to you today can measure up to what you gave/still giving me. Your wisdom is like Gold ,Your Physical and Emotional strength has always been and still is my mirror.

I love you Daddy!
Re: Happy Father's Day! by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
CohenJane: My Dad is late; I buried him by my own hand, put him the grave myself, I never cried because I needed to be strong for my siblings.

I'm missing my dad every second of my life, I miss him the more when I was returning from camp with my NYSC Kaki. How glad would he have been? In his voice, he would have exclaimed: "Ha! Adewale, I'm so proud of you, I'm so happy!

Happy Fathers Day to all whose father is still around; please share some joyful moment with him.

Tears/emotions doesn't make you a weakling.

condolences for your loss
Re: Happy Father's Day! by Kaybaba5(m): 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO FATHERS OUT THERE, I LOVE YOU DAD, RIP
Re: Happy Father's Day! by Symphony007: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
My sympaties to all fathers..just look at this thread. It has not even made one page but a mothers day thrend will be running into 5 by now. This thread is a prolific attestation of how nairalanders feel about their fathers.
Re: Happy Father's Day! by MrChris1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
Happy Father's Day!!!

Re: Happy Father's Day! by kolamilan(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
DAD,
When i was born,
You were there to catch me when i fall, whenever and
wherever.
When i said my first words,
You were there for me,
to teach me the whole dictionary if need be.
When i took my first steps,
You were there to encourage me on.
When i had my first day at school,
you were there to give me advice and help me with
my homework.
I still havent finished school,
or walked down the aisle, or had my first child.
But i know you will be there for me through all these
times and more, the good and bad.
So i just wrote this to say 'I LOVE YOU DAD!!!'
Re: Happy Father's Day! by teelacruz(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thank γφυ Daddy, u've always bn my Mentor. Love u plenty
Re: Happy Father's Day! by delors(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
My pa na correct guy. Thanks for not using a CD, I wouldnt be on Nairaland today. God bless you dad.

Re: Happy Father's Day! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
This year january 20th marked 28years you left your beautiful wife and five beautiful kids including a 6months old(me_smothly) in this world. Though i don't really know what you looked like or know any of your behaviours before you left us,but dear daddy i will always love you. When i was small i envied my friends who had someone they calls dad,oh daddy i missed a fatherly care and i used to be very stubborn because there was no one to scold me. Dad am happy to tell you today that that little baby you left behind is doing wonderfully well and i really missed you,until we meets to part no more.late MR OJO AKINOLA......i still loves you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Sort This Out Pls / Things You Expect To Happen During Honeymoon / My Pastor Husband Marries A Second Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.