Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? (59342 Views)

Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / With This Kind Of Job Requirement; It Is Well! (pix Attached) / What Job Can A Person Apply For Without Nysc Certificate Yet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by opuro(m): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2009
just give it to him here
WHY MAKE IT PERSONAL?
abi u be fouronenine?
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by winnag: 9:47am On Apr 23, 2009
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.quote {width:350px; padding: 6px; border: solid 1px #456B8F; font: 10px helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; color: #222222; background-color: #ffffff}
.quote a {font: 13px arial, serif; color: #003399; text-decoration: underline}
.quote a:hover {color: #FF9900; }
-->
</style><div class="quote"><a href="http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/34228/42/" target="_blank">Okiro petitions CJN over judge’s release of robbery kingpin</a>
Vanguard Online Edition - Thursday, 23 April 2009
<div align="right">© <a href="http://www.vanguardngr.com" target="_blank">Vanguard Online Edition</a></div></div>
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by ozoluaohis(m): 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2009
Hello.

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by dejirule: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2009
in the police
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by sofeo(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ ozoluaohis,

Thanks for your real advice, It's highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by vescucci(m): 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2009
Will you sharrap and go and read accounting?
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by sofeo(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2009
Lol, I should study accounting?,

That's funny. We already have enough accantants in Nigeria, and I think we need enough criminologists that will be monitoring those accantants so that they won't eat Nigerian money.
And also, Nigeria is full of fraudulent, so we really need criminologists ok?.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by enomakos(m): 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2009
mine guy u also get a job as an hangman in nigeria pirsons,hanging criminals
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by sofeo(m): 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2009
Lol, wetin you mean?
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by enomakos(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2009
mine guy u also get a job as an hangman in nigeria pirsons,hanging criminals
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by upstart200: 1:41am On Apr 26, 2009
Basically a criminologist can work as a security officer of any organisation be private or public.[color=#006600][/color] smiley

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by upstart200: 2:11am On Apr 26, 2009
Criminology is a lucrative course hence you can find employement in any estabilishment on your graduation.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by goldieloc(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2009
the options u have are Nigeria Police Force, EFCC, & ICPC
i suggest efcc cos their package is gud and attractive but i wont go into details.
best of luck
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by Scottx(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2009
If it is Nigeria forget what u studied at school. Nigeria is all about no connection no job. Take for instance our president and his vice. our president is a teacher and his vice a zoologist. Today there are in position that does not concern their discipline. The major thing is for u to make sure that u have Bsc and can defend your self anywhere. Ovation editor is a typical example, he studied yoruba in one the nigerian university
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by Scottx(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2009
If it is Nigeria forget what u studied at school. Nigeria is all about no connection no job. Take for instance our president and his vice. our president is a teacher and his vice a zoologist. Today there are in position that does not concern their discipline. The major thing is for u to make sure that u have Bsc and can defend your self anywhere. Ovation editor is a typical example, he studied yoruba in one the nigerian university

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by Scottx(m): 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2009
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by la23409: 2:16am On Sep 20, 2009
Hey Poster,
If you are determined to study this course go ahead and let the sky be your peak.
I am proud to tell you that i am also a student of Criminology and have very good insight of what it is to be one,
Never mind where you will work or do when you finish skool,
Plenty work dey for you, even being a private investigator, you will ave right to practice and even prosecute people like a real cop,
There are plenty of people out there willing to pay the price to get a professional handle their investigation cases and the chances are there hence there are very few people in Nigeria with such profession which i am one,
I have a war badge and i know how much the force value people this this not more a B.A in Criminology or Psychology,
Enjoy your course and meet me at the top if you are able to make it lets jail all these yahoo boyz who are discouraging you, LOL
Just be focused and worry not on what to do with the degree but how to get it,
By the time you finish Nigeria Police Force may Need a new Inspector General who has a Degree in criminology and that would be an opportunity for you,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by dagashini: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2009
In this country,bonafide thieves are in a vantage position to become policemen while people like you can fill the void left by thieves, you know vice-versa.Guy this is naija where things go backward,where pikin dey breast-feed in mama,where noise dey make man,where you go take your hard earned money to dey insure insurance company
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by igubesteve(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
It not bad meen, go for it we need able men in this our nation
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by olusegunabidemi(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
You can study the course at Federal university of Dutse in Jigawa state or Bayero university in Kano, for more prove visit the school website or JAMB site. The course is my dream course.
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by Joshkeith(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is a long time ago though. Just joined nairaland. Also want to study the course. Need help and guidlines. Do not know how to reach to you "la234..." Its what I want to go into.
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by Tobbey(m): 10:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
sofeo:
Lol, I should study accounting?,

That's funny. We already have enough accantants in Nigeria, and I think we need enough criminologists that will be monitoring those accantants so that they won't eat Nigerian money.
And also, Nigeria is full of fraudulent, so we really need criminologists ok?.

Have you heard of Forensic accountants?
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2017
grin

passing by
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by acolad(m): 12:34am On Jul 28, 2017
I see a lot of ignorant comments here. Criminology is a good course and is not just limited to police work.
As a criminologist.. you can work as a paralegal, work with immigration, virtually all force in nigeria. Sss, Frsc, efcc, icpc, nscdc, customs etc. You can get a banking job. You can decide to join the military through the direct short service. You can actually work in any kind of establishment cos every establishment needs security. It ll be an added advantage if you have a first degree in lets say..computer science and PGD or masters in criminology. And if you are studying criminology as a first degree, you can go for any information techology course at the masters level. Dont be discouraged. Criminology is a good course. And guess what . Nigeria paramilitary like customs, immigrations, sss, is among goverment establishment that pays good salary.
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by Tobbey(m): 1:36am On Oct 24, 2017
acolad:
I see a lot of ignorant comments here. Criminology is a good course and is not just limited to police work.
As a criminologist.. you can work as a paralegal, work with immigration, virtually all force in nigeria. Sss, Frsc, efcc, icpc, nscdc, customs etc. You can get a banking job. You can decide to join the military through the direct short service. You can actually work in any kind of establishment cos every establishment needs security. It ll be an added advantage if you have a first degree in lets say..computer science and PGD or masters in criminology. And if you are studying criminology as a first degree, you can go for any information techology course at the masters level. Dont be discouraged. Criminology is a good course. And guess what . Nigeria paramilitary like customs, immigrations, sss, is among goverment establishment that pays good salary.

I have Bsc Accounting.
Msc Accounting (Thesis on Forensic Accounting)
Having interest in Criminology.
Can I do PhD direct in Criminilogy direct?
Re: What Kind Of Job Can A Criminologist Get In Nigeria? by ikefty(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2019
[quote author=Tobbey post=61712385]

I have Bsc Accounting.
Msc Accounting (Thesis on Forensic Accounting)
Having interest in Criminology.
Can I do PhD direct in Criminilogy direct? [Yes you can do it/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Week Job With KPMG / Zenith Bank Aptitude Test 2020 / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.