Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,334 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Is Sport Betting A Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sport Betting A Sin? (30144 Views)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / Kindly Reply: Is Sport Betting A Sin? / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by kelmicheal: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2015
kevoh:

Your initial premise holds that ''anything bring money to take money is not accepted'' which is actually a fallacy as business,education,betting,farming e.t.c virtually almost every money earning venture in life all fall in the same category. Maybe you should look up on your comments, think hard about it before generalising and clicking the Nairaland submit button next time.
i guess u are one of those fake pastors that like to twist the bible in another dimesion from the work of GOD..U dnt mind claiming STEALING is not a sin as well abi?
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by cabaliciouscabal: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2015
Well for me I don't think Betting is a sin, I would rather say it is a hobby wea pple indulge in, now Wat I frown at is wen u indulge in it in a lustful manner to d point dat u use ur children or house rent to stake for a game, it den becomes ill responsibilities , in life every human beings has virtually one place or d other wea his luck or gift is embedded, it could be playing sport games, art, acting, or even betting. Even in d Bible Elijah had Betting with king Ahab to bring out d gods he serve to light up d arranged woods and d king's gods couldn't act and prophet Elijah call his own God to send down fire and God answered him and he won d Betting. So in a way I don't think dat betting is a sin.

Afterall Seeing Vision is One Of God's Gift.
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by anigbajumo(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2015
cristweeezy:
baba I feel u jare. If guys no get money,na dem go sti dey tok say some guys broke, if guys ask dem for money,dem no go help, if guys dey yahoo,dem go tok say e no good, if guys dey rob,dem go tok say e bad, guys finish skul,no work... Lol

U understand jawe
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by kevoh(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2015
kelmicheal:
i guess u are one of those fake pastors that like to twist the bible in another dimesion from the work of GOD..U dnt mind claiming STEALING is not a sin as well abi?
Kikiki grin , he calls me a Pastor! grin Dude gets boxed to a tight corner with his silly generalisations of money earning and has no meaningful arguement as a comeback, next thing he switches to character assasination and Ad hominems ! LMAO cheesy
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by tunapawizzy: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2015
eddydey:

sure! I did yesterday.
How much did u stake how much did u win
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by kelmicheal: 11:05am On Sep 27, 2015
kevoh:

Kikiki grin , he calls me a Pastor! grin Dude gets boxed to a tight corner with his silly generalisations of money earning and has no meaningful arguement as a comeback, next thing he switches to character assasination and Ad hominems ! LMAO cheesy
guy leave betting and find a better jobs to do i no blame naija guys na situation of the country
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by 2scorehigh(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2015
Is sports betting a sin? Na wa o! What kind of question is this?! Anyway sha, why not ask Akin Alabi? grin

Well, on a more serious note, it is what it is. If you think it is a sin, then it is. If you think it's not, then it's not.
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by ishiamu(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2015
donphilopus:

Lol. . .Today is another day though!

Mek I dash u game even though we don't believe 2geda wen it comes 2 politics, u want?
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by charlesucheh(m): 11:25am On Sep 27, 2015
colormebad:
Is sport betting a sin?

Can one pay tithe from betting proceeds?
QUESTIONS: -did you steal anybody's money to bet?
- Are you up to 18 years of age?
- is your mind psychologically stable for it?
- can you control yourself (maturity)?
If all these questions are answered correctly and positively, then it means one can be said to be free of any ill effect attach to sport betting in itself.
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by femi4: 11:29am On Sep 27, 2015
Richhard:

Not all bro, I earn my income betting online, and won this yesterday
Humm...Robbing paul to pay Peter. It reminds me of heat transfer cliche

Money loss by one = Money won by you.
In this type of business, not every body wins.

Only the seller and few customers/buyers win

1 Like

Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by kevoh(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2015
kelmicheal:
guy leave betting and find a better jobs to do i no blame naija guys na situation of the country
Kikiki grin , he thinks I don't have a good job and has not even read my first post on this thread to know my stance about the whole issue! Let me help you out with my first post again:
kevoh:
You will be amazed at the charity work most of these bet houses do and to crown it all they do pay TAX to the government thereby increasing goverment revenue. 95% of prosperity-preaching and tithe collecting houses are against TAX and have never paid a dime.

Now every addiction is bad even addiction to Nairaland and betting is more DANGEROUS, it could drain all your entire savings in the blink of an eye. 90% of bettors ALWAYS lose but few smart and sometimes lucky Fellas still win.
Time to ignore your posts and you mentioning me!
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by charlesucheh(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
kelmicheal:
We just need to pray for GOD to dash the Mumu SENSE!!!
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
it is not stated in the bible that "thou shall not gamble" or "thou shall not bet" but the reason why youths of nowadays engage in betting is for quick money and the Holy Bible clearly stated in Proverbs 28:22 A stingy man hastens after wealth and does not
know that poverty will come upon him.Also in

Proverbs 28:20
A faithful man will abound with blessings, but
whoever hastens to be rich will not go
unpunished.

Youths venture in to gambling just to get fast money and whoever hasten to be rich will not go unpunished
flee from "Nariabait" and the rest. Flee from Pool it will make you a Fool.Flee from Lottery it will make your life a misery. No matter how you want to paint it gambling will still remain black like charcoal.Gambling is a sin!
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by kevoh(m): 11:40am On Sep 27, 2015
charlesucheh:
While you are at it, also pray to your god to teach you to be less insultive and how to make objective and mature comments on a forum. Bonne chance!
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by kelmicheal: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
charlesucheh:
abi o his rightful sense needs to come back for good
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by donphilopus: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
ishiamu:

Mek I dash u game even though we don't believe 2geda wen it comes 2 politics, u want?

Send me the game lemme scrutinise them!
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by temodent(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
colormebad:
Is sport betting a sin?

Can one pay tithe from betting proceeds?

Is adultery a sin ?. Whatever answer you give to that should answer your question appropriately.
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by God2man(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
Have you prayerfully sought the face of God before betting?

Have you?

If not,

Then it is difficult to say if it is a sin or not.

God told me in the dream not to participate in betting

God2man
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by picknstake: 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
SUNDAY MATCH PREDICTIONS ARE AVAILABLE HERE FOR FREE http://www.picknstake.com/2015/09/sunday-accumulation-variety-27-09-2015.html
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by noah91(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
Then, is playing american visa lottery a sin?
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by homesteady(m): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
It is not a sin!
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by cristweeezy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
anigbajumo:

U understand jawe
I'm not addicted buh I can't leave it... Addiction is wen u use ur money,mayb school fees or house rent to risk.
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by onyxo76(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
tunapawizzy:
Do people really win sport bets
i do. practically every weekend. Its a way to take care of a few loose ends for the next week like fuel for generator, running around etc. Don't get me wrong though, its not a full time job for me. just something to earn some change aside my salary, i personally don't use school fees, rent or money for house upkeep to punt.\
Once i have a spare 1k by friday ,if i feel like punting for that day i'll turn it to 5k by saturday night...no boasting!
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by tommyich06: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
Psalm 15:5 talks how about how we can not please God if we continue to gambling, Proverb 20:21 and 28:20 talks about how such move will jot make us innocent and such end can never be blessed. if it is not right 100years ago it can never be right now
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by ETHIX(m): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
It is a sin oooo

Everyone that said no failed to back it up with the scripture. Well, since they don't read the bible they resulted to what they think is right.

They failed to condemn themselves since they are guilty of the sin. They justify their act with their unbiblical act.

Any act of Gambling is a sin.
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by saladin24(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Another name for betting is Poverty Alleviation Programme
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by HeavenShield: 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
dominique:
It's same as gambling and gambling is a sin.

Gambling Is Swearing. Sports betting is Putting your money into usury...
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by anigbajumo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
cristweeezy:
I'm not addicted buh I can't leave it... Addiction is wen u use ur money,mayb school fees or house rent to risk.

Hw much I dy use play it dat m'addicted to it...hw cum I go use my tution fee to play it?

M'also nt addicted to it bt I cnt leav it,av even stake 2day's game.
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by 14teenK: 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
undecidedWatched "NOAH" yesterday,just remembered dat killing animals for food den was a Sin But now .....Man consumes anything ...i believe soccer betting becomes a Sin wen u allow it take control of u.....In oda words wouldn't advice anyone to even play it der is always some kinda spriti dat draws u to it......seriously der is nothing as sweet as chopping d moni u struggled to get.. grin undecided
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by eddydey(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
tunapawizzy:
How much did u stake how much did u win
I stake #100 , but I will not mention how much I win for security reasons grin
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by EmekaBlue(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Forget abt d sin or no sin part..All i have to say sports betting is fun until u start losing badly..Choi..MY MONEY OOOO
Re: Is Sport Betting A Sin? by Revolva(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Even pope John Francis n his vatican goons de bet..oyedepo de bet with adboye..kumuyi also de bet style style...I beg make una parkwell...money na money as long as u no carry gun get am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Exact Reason Why God Pour Too Much Blessings On Solomon / What Is The Funniest And Most Unnecessary Testimony You Have Heard In Church. / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.