Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Lost Acts In The Modern Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lost Acts In The Modern Church (576 Views)

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing / What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 27, 2015
When I say modern churches I refer not to the Pentecostals or Protestants alone rather I refer to "them," the Orthodox and the Catholic Faith.The broad and breadth of the church throughout the world.

Looking at the state of the church now one cannot but noticed some great difference between the early church and our now modern church in terms of Acts.

And Below are some of the acts of the early Church the modern church have lost.

1. Lost Act Of Discipleship: "Go ye ........and make disciples....... teaching them all I have commanded you." Churches can today boast of a million members but few, if any of the members , can boast of ten disciples each. Discipleship need to be encouraged in the churches as it was in the early church because of its great advantage.

2. Lost Act Of Holiness: Churches today are of little concern with Holiness of the body on the part of the members for all they care is about the number of members as that help business when it comes to tithe and offerings. Holiness of body should be encouraged in the churches if we want the Power of old to be known again.

3. Lost Act Of Giving: Then, the early church take not from people but give to the people who are in need but today the church take all and give nothing in return. Christ said sell your possesion and give to the poor,didn't he? But today I see a billion dollars building standing in church premises when a whole state cannot pay workers salaries why can't these buildings be sold and be distributed to these people? The church must return to the ancient path.

4. Lost Act Of Love: Need I to say anything more on Love? I think it's there for all to see.No love at all in the churches.You will agree with me that even those that claims to only love in words and not in deeds if it were not so why then did we Still have jobless people in the churches? Upon all the contributions made now and then in the churches can't money be given to them to start a business. The church has lost her first love

5. Lost Act Of Unity: A house divided against itself Christ said "cannot stand." I believe the church is one and the better we realized this the better. The church must do away with denominationalism.You as a member of the body of Christ must get rid of that mindset. Together we stand apart we fall.

In the message to the seven churches lies great warning from the Lord of Host. The church is gradually loosing her authority and power due to the above reasons.They do say, Satan days is short but I can say to you though Satan days is short yet the church days is shorter. We don't have much time left.Let us altogether return to the ancient paths,the path the early church walked in and by it conquered the world with the Gospel of Christ.God bless the church.

Cc: Lalasticlala
OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2015
Reading this, I feel like crying coz you are not just right, it is the blunt truth...but who and what will deliver the church from this cocoon they have woven themself into?
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2015
olatemitayo:
Reading this, I feel like crying coz you are not just right, it is the blunt truth...but who and what will deliver the church from this cocoon they have woven themself into?
The who is Christ and the what is Repentance. But that is just the scratch I think exchange of ideas on this issue can help the church. So what do you think the church can do?

Lalasticlala can you move this to the FP the church need to discuss.
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by lomprico(m): 10:13am On Sep 27, 2015
Another wonderful religious post.
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 27, 2015
I don't know about other churches but in my church, we still do these things
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Aizenosa(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2015
In my church it still goes on, but still, it is not like the early days of Christianity.
Also, people tend to be very different when it comes to perfection, what one person might do another might dislike, when the church strives to help it's members many close there ears and hearts and prefer to live according to their ways.
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Princewell2012(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
My brother this has been my massage all days.
How i wish these should be moved to the front page.

One of the characteristics of a christian is given.
but today Christians are the most stingiest sets of people.

The pastors preferred to prayed for than giving you money when it is glaring at him that you needed money at that moment.

Am talking from experience.

Before there is nothing like richest pastor, the most expensive cathedral, largest auditorium, and the most populated church in the whole world.

But today that's has been the order of the day.

May God help us.
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
SirWere:
I don't know about other churches but in my church, we still do these things
Good one.....Continue in it
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Princewell2012:

My brother this has been my massage all days.
How i wish these should be moved to the front page.

One of the characteristics of a christian is given.
but today Christians are the most stingiest sets of people.

The pastors preferred to prayed for than giving you money when it is glaring at him that you needed money at that moment.

Am talking from experience.

Before there is nothing like richest pastor, the most expensive cathedral, largest auditorium, and the most populated church in the whole world.

But today that's has been the order of the day.

May God help us.
I quite agree with you......things have really fallen apart

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Lost Acts In The Modern Church by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Aizenosa:
In my church it still goes on, but still, it is not like the early days of Christianity.
Also, people tend to be very different when it comes to perfection, what one person might do another might dislike, when the church strives to help it's members many close there ears and hearts and prefer to live according to their ways.
And such is not the Faith of the fathers

(1) (Reply)

F A I T H / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/10/15 / Proof Of Life After Death.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.