Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? (2252 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Annunaki(m): 6:53am On Sep 29, 2015
adedayourt:

den ans d ques.

in wat form was the wages paid

Evidence that the wages was paid with money (shekels) as already been showed to you so stop playing games.
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by sunnyt1(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2015
The big question is; should you pay tithe?

If tithe was that important, would Jesus not have emphasized it? He only made reference to it once when criticizing the pharises strict adherence to the jewish law.

If tithe was that important, would Apostle Paul who publicized christianity this much not have emphasized it?

If tithe was that important, would all the Apostles and disciples not have preached it?

Instead, these people talked about giving to the poor and needy.

I have a question, are we old or new testament christians?

If we are new testament christians, it means GRACE has covered the old testament laws, there are many of them which tithe is one of.

So, why didnt grace cover tithe? In other words, There are so many things we refer to as old testament activities, and being new testament christians that we are, we dont do them because Jesus has come and died on the cross, thats what we believe and thats what out pastors preach, so why didnt grace cover tithe of all other laws?

Any pastor who wants to preach tithe should also preach the other old testament laws, there are over 400 of them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Christians Should Be Involved Politics / Would You Regret It After At Last, There's No Heaven / This Is The Real History Of How The Quran Was Compiled - Must See!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.