Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? (2243 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by danduchi(m): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
It felt so right giving it to the poor and deformed. The Bible says we should give it to the Church, but these less fortunate are God's children, right? And as the song goes, "whatsoever you do, to the least of my brothers, you do onto me". So who should the tithe be given to?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by munchfani: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
POOR!!...#SAYNOTOPRIVATEJETS
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
The Church.

What the church now decides to do with it is less your concern.

NB: if u thereafter feel liking stretching a helping hand to d less priveledged, u can do so frm d 90% left smiley but d use of dat 10% sudnt b compromized

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by McCarlito(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
It is better given to the poor, needy or the less previledged.... I don't trust these pastors grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by fromnigeria(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
Both. they need it.

Poor most importantly.
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Do it out of ur convictions, anybody u feel u should; out of ur convictions.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by fromnigeria(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Both.
they need it.

Poor most importantly.
Remember as long as you've done it to one of these ones, you've done it for me. in matthew.
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
How much is your tithe that makes you think it will have impact on a poor person's life Afterall, It is 10 percent and unless you work in the top top posts, it isn't too substantial. However, If you and other Christians in your drop that 10 percent, it becomes very substantial indeed. Now, your church forwards part of the money to the HQ; Use some for the upkeep of the church and, believe it or not, actually use the remaining for Charity! That's the honest truth bro...........
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by williams20(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
Give your tithe to your pastor ........ Whether or not he gives the poor is not your business
Fulfill that ordinance of God and keep getting blessed , don't be too wise

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Annunaki(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
I am yet to come across one single scripture in the whole bible that remotely even begins to suggest we tithe of our income to the church or pastor. Not even the often touted malachi 3:10 suggests that except you twist and misapply the verse.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by sholay2011(m): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
SirWere:
How much is your tithe that makes you think it will have impact on a poor person's life Afterall, It is 10 percent and unless you work in the top top posts, it isn't too substantial. However, If you and other Christians in your drop that 10 percent, it becomes very substantial indeed. Now, your church forwards part of the money to the HQ; Use some for the upkeep of the church and, believe it or not, actually use the remaining for Charity! That's the honest truth bro...........
I am firmly in support of tithe but your post is very very silly. What can't 10% of one's income do in a poor person's life? You don't need to work in 'top top posts'. If I collect 100k as salary, 10k is enough to make a difference. Little drops of water form the mighty ocean. Or are you insinuating the church will give one poor person 200,000 because everyone has contributed their 10% together? Pfft!!! No be only one poor person the church go use the tithe of many to help.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by opeyemmmy(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
adedayourt:
The Church.

What the church now decides to do with it is less you concern.

NB: if u thereafter feel liking stretching a helping hand to d less priveledged, u can do so frm d 90% left smiley but d use of dat 10% sudnt b compromized

williams20:
Give your tithe to your pastor ........ Whether or not he gives the poor is not your business
Fulfill that ordinance of God and keep getting blessed , don't be too wise

You guys don't mean it...angry undecided
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
opeyemmmy:

You don't mean it...angry undecided

i mean every letter in that sentence, quote me b4 any bishop of any denomination
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by opeyemmmy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
adedayourt:

i mean every letter in that sentence, quote me b4 any bishop of any denomination

I don't need to quote you before anyone. I'll give mine to the needy.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
opeyemmmy:

I don't need to quote you before anyone. I'll give mine to the needy.

som things are morally justified. (fron d moralist pov)

but doz tins dont weigh wen tried under d law

if u wana help d poor do it frm d 90%. d 10% has been desigated to tithe nd tithe only
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Annunaki(m): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
adedayourt:

som things are morally justified. (fron d moralist pov)

but doz tins dont weigh wen tried under d law

if u wana help d poor do it frm d 90%. d 10% has been desigated to tithe nd tithe only

The bible makes it clear that tithes can be consumed by the tither and even given to the poor. Deut 14:22-29
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
Annunaki:

The bible makes it clear that tithes can be consumed by the tither and even given to the poor. Deut 14:22-29
VERY INTERESTING PART IF THE SCRIPTURE U AV QUOTED BROV BUT LET ME QUICKLY CLEAR OUR UNDERSTNDING BOUT DAT PLACE smiley

I need u to understnd dat in the era wen d bible was written, der was nothing like "salary" or "monetary" increase. it was basically in form of farm produce and lifestock. nd u also understnd God dont eat such.

Therefore wen dey offer there thite to God in the place God chooses IN FORM OF SACRIFICE OR PEACE OFFERING, (read vs23 thoroughly) den dey go bck nd eat the roasted animal dey offer to God.

Remba how d story of God nd abram wen with isaac fr sacrifice nd d animal. wen d animal was offered God dint eat d flesh but abram nd his family did.

Likewise in our dispensation, if u take ur tithe to church in monetry term (u av fulfilled ur part by payin it) now d pastor can now decide to buy food stuff fr d less priviledged in d church (dats d part if eating d tithe).
d eatin sud b done by d church nt u.

So basically pple of old dint eat der tithe, it was taken to God acknowledging him for d increase (spiritual) den eat d produce (physical)

vs 22 xpressly stats tithing
den vs 23 -29 states how it sud be done
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by basille(m): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
Please give to the poor. They need it more.
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Annunaki(m): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
adedayourt:

VERY INTERESTING PART IF THE SCRIPTURE U AV QUOTED BROV BUT LET ME QUICKLY CLEAR OUR UNDERSTNDING BOUT DAT PLACE smiley

I need u to understnd dat in the era wen d bible was written, der was nothing like "salary" or "monetary" increase. it was basically in form of farm produce and lifestock. nd u also understnd God dont eat such.

Therefore wen dey offer there thite to God in the place God chooses IN FORM OF SACRIFICE OR PEACE OFFERING, (read vs23 thoroughly) den dey go bck nd eat the roasted animal dey offer to God.

Remba how d story of God nd abram wen with isaac fr sacrifice nd d animal. wen d animal was offered God dint eat d flesh but abram nd his family did.

Likewise in our dispensation, if u take ur tithe to church in monetry term (u av fulfilled ur part by payin it) now d pastor can now decide to buy food stuff fr d less priviledged in d church (dats d part if eating d tithe).

So basically pple of old dint eat der tithe, it was taken to God acknowledging him for d increase (spiritual) den eat d produce (physical)

You are very wrong, monetary wages existed in the bible as far back as the book of genesis. Abraham had over 300 servants whom he paid wages and he also bought a piece of land with money as documented in the book of genesis. Monetary tithe from income doctrine is a modern day invention that was started in america just 120 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Annunaki:

You are very wrong, monetary wages existed in the bible as far back as the book of genesis. Abraham had over 300 servants whom he paid wages and he also bought a piece of land with money as documented in the book of genesis. Monetary tithe from income doctrine is a modern day invention that was started in america just 120 years ago.

b4 we go futher tell me the name dey call d dey spent or monetary wage as u called it smiley , if i dont get a rply in 10 mins i ll com bck nd ans my ques mysef
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by openmine(m): 1:02am On Sep 28, 2015
adedayourt:

shocked shocked Father of God shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ....Guy u just twisted that scripture grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by openmine(m): 1:16am On Sep 28, 2015
adedayourt:

b4 we go futher tell me the name dey call d dey spent or monetary wage as u called it smiley , if i dont get a rply in 10 mins i ll com bck nd ans my ques mysef

shekels of silver

To even buttress the fact that money existed during the time of the law of moses,that same scripture you twisted even urged the tither to convert his farm produce and first born of his herds and flocks into money(shekels of silver) incase the place to the temple was too far
Deuteronomy 14:24-26

but if in doubt,please explain to me what is obtainable NOW using Deuteronomy 14:22-23 as a guide

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by waldigit: 4:08am On Sep 28, 2015
danduchi:
It felt so right giving it to the poor and deformed. The Bible says we should give it to the Church, but these less fortunate are God's children, right? And as the song goes, "whatsoever you do, to the least of my brothers, you do onto me". So who should the tithe be given to?
If the poor get it their body is ministerd to, if the church get she is supposed to minister to both the body and soul of the poor. So do the judgement.
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 28, 2015
danduchi:
I suggest you read the link below to enlighten you of how the tithe is illegal nd should exist in the christian world.

#note: it's very lenghty, but reading it will free your mind from the burden placed by fraudulent preachers.

www.tentmaker.org/books/TheTitheisIllegal.html
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 28, 2015
openmine:

shekels of silver

To even buttress the fact that money existed during the time of the law of moses,that same scripture you twisted even urged the tither to convert his farm produce and first born of his herds and flocks into money(shekels of silver) incase the place to the temple was too far

but if in doubt,please explain to me what is obtainable NOW using Deuteronomy 14:22-23 as a guide
deutoronomy 14:24-26

"But if that
place is too distant and you have been blessed
by the LORD your God and cannot carry your
tithe (because the place where the LORD will
choose to put his Name is so far away), then
exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver
with you and go to the place the LORD your God
will choose. Use the silver to buy whatever
you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented
drink, or anything you wish.

Notice the part below

Then you and your
household shall eat there in the presence of the
LORD your God and rejoice."

The bible didn't say take money to the temple, it only said convert whatever you have to money for easier carriage if you live far from the temple, and when you get there, use the money to buy whatever food or beverage you like and eat it there with your household. The bible didn't say you should give pastors money, so stop being scammed.

Read

www.tentmaker.org/books/
TheTitheisIllegal.html

1 Like

Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by Annunaki(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2015
adedayourt:

The verse below proves that people were already earning salaries(wages) as far back as when the tithe law was given.

Deut 24:15
Pay them their wages each day before sunset, because they are poor and are counting on it. Otherwise they may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin.
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by openmine(m): 7:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
juicee1:
deutoronomy 14:24-26

"But if that
place is too distant and you have been blessed
by the LORD your God and cannot carry your
tithe (because the place where the LORD will
choose to put his Name is so far away), then
exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver
with you and go to the place the LORD your God
will choose. Use the silver to buy whatever
you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented
drink, or anything you wish.

Notice the part below

Then you and your
household shall eat there in the presence of the
LORD your God and rejoice."

The bible didn't say take money to the temple, it only said convert whatever you have to money for easier carriage if you live far from the temple, and when you get there, use the money to buy whatever food or beverage you like and eat it there with your household. The bible didn't say you should give pastors money, so stop being scammed.

Read

www.tentmaker.org/books/
TheTitheisIllegal.html

grin grin grin grin grin scam ke.. cheesy
i guess you misunderstood me...please try to see the "subject matter" before rebutting...
my response to that guy was because he said there was no exchange using money or payment of wages during the time of the law according to Deuteronomy 14:22-29 ...and i provided answers in that respect...
If you know me well enough on the religion section,you should know am a non-tither...and that we have been blessed to freely give from our heart without compulsion ...
hope my explanation is explicit enough for you.. cool cool
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Annunaki:

The verse below proves that people were already earning salaries(wages) as far back as when the tithe law was given.

Deut 24:15
Pay them their wages each day before sunset, because they are poor and are counting on it. Otherwise they may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin.

den ans d ques.

in wat form was the wages paid
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
openmine:

shekels of silver

let me also clear dat prt fr u,

assume u goin to kaduna frm lag nd u av 50cows as tithe, wat d scripture permits u to do it convert ur cows to cash get to kaduna nd buy WATEVER UR HEART DESIRES wit d proceed frm d 50cows nd eat b4 d lord.

pls dont read d scriptur in part or read a verse in isolation, read in full fr better understndin
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by openmine(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
adedayourt:

let me also clear dat prt fr u,

assume u goin to kaduna frm lag nd u av 50cows as tithe, wat d scripture permits u to do it convert ur cows to cash get to kaduna nd buy WATEVER UR HEART DESIRES wit d proceed frm d 50cows nd eat b4 d lord.

pls dont read d scriptur in part or read a verse in isolation, read in full fr better understndin

gud...now dat u r in agreement dat ur tithe must b eaten by you....have u eaten ur tithe yet or do u pay all of dem to ur pastor?
have u given part of ur tithe to d motherless,needy,and stranger every 3rd. yr according 2 Deuteronomy 14
sincerely speaking,do u abide by wat dose scriptures in Deuteronomy say...?

am not reading in isolation....u wrongly stated dat money wasn't used during d time of d law...u said farm produce were a means of exchange...but Dats not d case because money was already in existence during d time of Abraham...Infact money was mentioned more Dan 20 times during d time of Abraham...workers and labourers were in existence and also collected salaries or wages...so where did u get d idea dat farm produce was a means of exchange during d time of d law...?

contrary 2 ur assertion,i have studied Deuteronomy 14 and its entire contents are as clear as daylight....
The scripture I gave u even clarifies dat money was actually used....
its left for u 2 state where I didn't understand in dat Scripture.... tanks
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by adedayourt(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
openmine:

gud...now dat u r in agreement dat ur tithe must b eaten by you....have u eaten ur tithe yet or do u pay all of dem to ur pastor?
have u given part of ur tithe to d motherless,needy,and stranger every 3rd. yr according 2 Deuteronomy 14
sincerely speaking,do u abide by wat dose scriptures in Deuteronomy say...?

am not reading in isolation....u wrongly stated dat money wasn't used during d time of d law...u said farm produce were a means of exchange...but Dats not d case because money was already in existence during d time of Abraham...Infact money was mentioned more Dan 20 times during d time of Abraham...workers and labourers were in existence and also collected salaries or wages...so where did u get d idea dat farm produce was a means of exchange during d time of d law...?

contrary 2 ur assertion,i have studied Deuteronomy 14 and its entire contents are as clear as daylight....
The scripture I gave u even clarifies dat money was actually used....
its left for u 2 state where I didn't understand in dat Scripture.... tanks

IF EATING UR TITHE IS UR UNDERSTNDING OF DAT SIMPLE PASSAGE, CONT. NOT EVEN BABA ADEBOYE (HONOUR TO HIM) CAN TELL ME TITHE ARE TO BE EATEN ND I LL ACCEPT.

SO QUIT TEACHING THE WRONG U INDULGED IN smiley

nice chatting u up dou
Re: Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor? by openmine(m): 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
adedayourt:

IF EATING UR TITHE IS UR UNDERSTNDING OF DAT SIMPLE PASSAGE, CONT. NOT EVEN BABA ADEBOYE (HONOUR TO HIM) CAN TELL ME TITHE ARE TO BE EATEN ND I LL ACCEPT.

SO QUIT TEACHING THE WRONG U INDULGED IN smiley

nice chatting u up dou
grin grin grin grin sorry mate...u r d one wrongly twisting wats not there...no matter how you tend to mend those scriptures,it will still tell you the same tin...whether you use american illustrations or wateva...its will still give you the same meaning cheesy cheesy..so quit trying to put wats not on those scriptures....its exactly wat it says....deal with it grin grin
And no offense but if baba pastor adeboye eats his tithe,you will still come on the religious section justifying wat he did.... wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Still On Tithing – I Disagree With Daddy Oyedepo! / Agora The Movie And The Story Of Hypatia. / You Are On A Mission-pastor Chris

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.