Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

"GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / "GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. (2478 Views)

Grab This Now Brethren, 600,000 Email List For Sale @ Cheap Price / How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog / Over 600 Tutorials On Web Hosting, Design And Search Engine Optimization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. by 01ghostmode: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
"GHOST PUSH", does that sounds like the title of a Hollywood movie? I bet you "ghost push" is far from being that. Rather ghost push is the most sophisticated and wide spread virus ever on the android OS.
SO WHAT'S "GHOST PUSH"?

Ghost push is an Android OS virus that comes embedded in apps and shows itself as a secure and normal app so you don't ever suspect that there's anything wrong with the app. 

HOW DOES "GHOST PUSH" OPERATE?

Ghost push operates by automatically installing malicious apps into your phone without your consent, thereby spreading itself further into your phone and increasing its strength. According to experts at CM Security Research Lab, "over 600,000 android users have been affected within a single

day"

Experts at CM Security also reports that "if your phone gets the virus, it'll automatically gain the highest authority and be able to root your device and download apps like "Monkey test" and "Time service" without your permission. This behaviour will not only make your phone slow and drain your battery, but it'll also consume lots of cellular data. With "Ghost push" on your phone, it'll be able to do whatever it likes using that root access"

HOW DO I KNOW IF AM AFFECTED?

The first surest way to know if your phone is infected ifs to look out for these two apps: "Monkey Test" and" Time Service" in your application drawer. Another way you'll know your phone is infected is when you start noticing that some apps which you have no idea where they're coming from starts being installed in your phone.

HOW DO I REMOVE IT?
f you suspect your phone is infected or you see the malware "Money Test" on your phone and you try to uninstall manually, you'll be surprised that the app will still be there when next you reboot your phone, this is because the app now has root access on your phone and takes full precedence when you boot your phone. So what do I do, you might ask? The first thing you should do is to download "CM Security" from play store and use it to scan your phone, depending on how infected your phone is, this CM Security should solve the issue. But in case the malwares were not uninstalled, the guys at CM Security Lab had also developed a dedicated app particularly to deal with this "Ghost Push" malware and you can download it from HERE.

And that's it for today, but if you have ANY question not covered by this post, feel free to ask them using the comments box below.

Rem: Always stay safe whenever you are online.

BONUS:

Here's a list of apps confirmed to carry the "Ghost Push" malware:

Word Lock          Time Service                          All-Star Fruit Slash

Pinky Girls           Fast Booster                         Simple Flashlight

Amazon               Indian Sexy Stories 2.           Daily Racing

Monkey Test       Talking Tom 3                       Memory Booster

etc. 

source:
http://www.oddytech..com/2015/09/ghost-push-worst-virus-affecting-over.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: "GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
I like the way u lifted the whole story from Google, u even turned monkey test to money test, all join. My phone has been affected with this fatherfucker and I still dey battle with am, Trojan Horse app can kill it but ur phone must have root access
Re: "GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. by 01ghostmode: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
southniyikaye:
I like the way u lifted the whole story from Google, u even turned monkey test to money test, all join. My phone has been affected with this fatherfucker and I still dey battle with am, Trojan Horse app can kill it but ur phone must have root access
Thanks 4d review...

And u can see, I quoted d guys I lifted their article.
Shalom!
Re: "GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. by F22RAPTOR(m): 6:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
01ghostmode:
"GHOST PUSH", does that sounds like the title of a Hollywood movie? I bet you "ghost push" is far from being that. Rather ghost push is the most sophisticated and wide spread virus ever on the android OS.
SO WHAT'S "GHOST PUSH"?

Ghost push is an Android OS virus that comes embedded in apps and shows itself as a secure and normal app so you don't ever suspect that there's anything wrong with the app. 

HOW DOES "GHOST PUSH" OPERATE?

Ghost push operates by automatically installing malicious apps into your phone without your consent, thereby spreading itself further into your phone and increasing its strength. According to experts at CM Security Research Lab, "over 600,000 android users have been affected within a single

day"

Experts at CM Security also reports that "if your phone gets the virus, it'll automatically gain the highest authority and be able to root your device and download apps like "Monkey test" and "Time service" without your permission. This behaviour will not only make your phone slow and drain your battery, but it'll also consume lots of cellular data. With "Ghost push" on your phone, it'll be able to do whatever it likes using that root access"

HOW DO I KNOW IF AM AFFECTED?

The first surest way to know if your phone is infected ifs to look out for these two apps: "Monkey Test" and" Time Service" in your application drawer. Another way you'll know your phone is infected is when you start noticing that some apps which you have no idea where they're coming from starts being installed in your phone.

HOW DO I REMOVE IT?
f you suspect your phone is infected or you see the malware "Money Test" on your phone and you try to uninstall manually, you'll be surprised that the app will still be there when next you reboot your phone, this is because the app now has root access on your phone and takes full precedence when you boot your phone. So what do I do, you might ask? The first thing you should do is to download "CM Security" from play store and use it to scan your phone, depending on how infected your phone is, this CM Security should solve the issue. But in case the malwares were not uninstalled, the guys at CM Security Lab had also developed a dedicated app particularly to deal with this "Ghost Push" malware and you can download it from HERE.

And that's it for today, but if you have ANY question not covered by this post, feel free to ask them using the comments box below.

Rem: Always stay safe whenever you are online.

BONUS:

Here's a list of apps confirmed to carry the "Ghost Push" malware:

Word Lock          Time Service                          All-Star Fruit Slash

Pinky Girls           Fast Booster                         Simple Flashlight

Amazon               Indian Sexy Stories 2.           Daily Racing

Monkey Test       Talking Tom 3                       Memory Booster

etc. 

source:
http://www.oddytech..com/2015/09/ghost-push-worst-virus-affecting-over.html?m=1

Handled a device that showed all these symptoms, I just changed the OS and it was all good. But with this info, I may not have to go through that stress again.
Re: "GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. by 01ghostmode: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

Handled a device that showed all these symptoms, I just changed the OS and it was all good. But with this info, I may not have to go through that stress again.
Yeah, with this, u don't have to go through all that again.

(1) (Reply)

Pls: How Can I Bypass Websense Filter / Javascript LRC Parser / Pidgin English Wiki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.