Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. - Education (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (723572 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by kingMuski(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
exhibit7432:
Guys.. ..Is this real! !
funny sha....so d guy just create. Kofa account yesterday 17 Oct 2016
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Ksslib(m): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
kingMuski:
na now dem waan calculate result.....make dem Bleep off
Oga, Uniben has already compiled her admission list as at the time of this post. Anybody that suggests otherwise is a drunkard.

That post was for the guy who wants something to hold on to before the list surfaces.

My posts are not facts- never take them as facts, to avoid pointing accusing fingers at the end. I was only speculating like he requested of me.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by 11Anonymous(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
enniewest:
What course are you going for
Biochemistry. What about you?

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ksslib:

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, from all indications, Uniben WILL use calculations made using both jamb and waec grades to arrive at a cut-off mark that as usual, will vary according to departments.

Use both Unillorin's and Unilag's calculation system that made front page not too long ago and tell me what score you arrived at at the end after using each system.

Ya'll on this thread can do it and paste your scores here, to get an imaginary, but yet realistic average that might not be too far from what uniben MIGHT use. But I no sure say una go green co-operate with each other.

At the end, just put it at the back of your mind that not getting admission is not the end of the world. Your potential as a person is what matters most, school or no school. This will somehow lower your expectation before the list arrives and cushion the blow should things go south. Trust me, chool is overrated--take that from somebody already in the system.

I wish you well
Please, can you state how unilorin and unilag calculated their scores? I missed the threads.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Ksslib(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Geofavor:
Please, can you state how unilorin and unilag calculated their scores? I missed the threads.
https://www.nairaland.com/3411366/ui-vs-unilags-method-screening
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by chem112: 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ksslib:

Well, from all indications, Uniben WILL use calculations made using both jamb and waec grades to arrive at a cut-off mark that as usual, will vary according to departments.

Use both Unillorin's and Unilag's calculation system that made front page not too long ago and tell me what score you arrived at at the end after using each system.

Ya'll on this thread can do it and paste your scores here, to get an imaginary, but yet realistic average that might not be too far from what uniben MIGHT use. But I no sure say una go green co-operate with each other.

At the end, just put it at the back of your mind that not getting admission is not the end of the world. Your potential as a person is what matters most, school or no school. This will somehow lower your expectation before the list arrives and cushion the blow should things go south. Trust me, chool is overrated--take that from somebody already in the system.

I wish you well
how did unilorin and unilag calculate their cut off mark so dat I can use it to calculate my score

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by stred: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Unilag 76 Ui 73 angry I for just pick one of those schools cry bros ksslib do you know the cut offs

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by chem112: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
stred:
Unilag 76 Ui 73 angry I for just pick one of those schools cry bros ksslib do you know the cut offs
what was ur waec grade in ur five compulsory subject and jamb score.what course are u going for
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by stred: 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
chem112:

what was ur waec grade in ur five compulsory subject and jamb score.what course are u going for
I can't tell you I don't wanna give away my identity cool if I told you, some people would recognize me here cry
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by chem112: 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
stred:
I can't tell you I don't wanna give away my identity cool if I told you, some people would recognize me here cry
OK I understand u,what ur course
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by stred: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
chem112:

OK I understand u,what ur course
aye dentistry my man cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by 2gbasky22(m): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
uniben has started giving admission

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by CaptEColeJnr: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
stred:
Lmao Favour Lawrence
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by CaptEColeJnr: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
stred:
aye dentistry my man cool
It's pharmacy wink
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by CaptEColeJnr: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
It's Point System that will definitely be used.. Anyone saying otherwise must be drunk on ethanol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by chem112: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
It's Point System that will definitely be used.. Anyone saying otherwise must be drunk on ethanol
which course are u going for
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by exhibit7432(m): 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
FROM ADMIN

UNIBEN SET TO RELEASE ADMISSION LIST BY REGISTRAR.

Howdy greatest UNIBEN ASPIRANTS. I don't need to ask how was your day cause I know it was disappointing. Disappointing because of the much awaited admission list that was said to be released on Monday 17th October as alleged by a post turned out to be a hoax. Even the 'fuente de origen'(source of origin) and progenitor of the post, UNIBEN GIST,has since deleted the post from his blog. I even heard that a cohort of the said rumour,NAIRALAND FORUM, turned to an arena of gladiators(aspirants) exchanging verbal fists as a result of the controversy stirred by by the news. I heard that some members of this group were so sticknecked with certainty validated the rumour. Now, i wanna pose this question to such persons; where is the list? I have always advised that probability terminologies should accompany reported speeches and hear-says without authentication and confirmation. I have been mute and kept my kool since Friday last week. I know you guyz may wanna ask why the silence. First, I was trying to adhere to the principal enacted ethics of science; OBSERVATION. Secondly, I was trying not to step in anyone's toes and brand myself all-knowing.
Away from that.
As at in the day of the emergence of the news,I got a couple of emails from aspirants inquiring if the news was true. I replied with a promise of making some calls and getting back to them. To others who were so enthusiastic to call,I took pains to explicitly explain my findings and UNIBEN ADMISSION STATUS UPLOAD PROCESS to them. Efua, Rapheal, Queen, Lazarus and a couple of other aspirants will attest to this.
(Off record)
I was able to contact a distant relation who happens to work in the office of the Registrar (room 13/14 VC's quarters). According to her,she was unaware of any pronouncement made by by the Registrar as regards admission because they(in that office) are solely responsible for incoming and outgoing documents/letters of the Registrar's office.
I thereafter contacted a staff in ICT/CRPU. According to him,the admission list is already worked upon like I indicated in the post I sent last week, and upload of candidates admission status commenced since Monday 10th October. As at 2am on Tuesday 11th October, the uploading process was depleted because that was the said day DIRECT ENTRY students were required to reprint their date and venue screening details. On Thursday around 11am, the uploading process was hibernated and completely stalled as all attention was given to the direct entry CBT screening slated for Friday 14th and Saturday 15th October. The uploading process continued on Monday 17th October.
This is to say that some candidates have been already admitted, though it is not yet visible. I know many of you will be discombobulated but I will try to explicitly reiterate. According to the CRPU staff,during the course of uploading the admission status, for candidates who are qualified to be admitted, it is not immediately reflected in their application record or JAMB portal until the institution dims it fit to publicly announce the release of the admission list. It is only then the admission status will be made visible and effected.
I Will also want you to know that the uploading process is still going on and admission list will be released soonest when the school annunciate it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pprovost:

I have something doing dear. Something rewarding. I guess you don't mean that as insult?

harryakand seems to understand me better though. I think something is wrong this year. This snail speed approach is unlike Uniben.
nah
It wasn't an insult
Didn't even think of it.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by thatniqqress(f): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
HonourablePomk:
What are you doing here you this old meat?? (˘̯˘ )ʃ
grin tongue
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ksslib:

I wish you well

UI(University of Ibadan) not Ilorin cool

Meanwhile, these two schools above(UI and Unilag) used 50:50 while UNN used 60:40 and OAU used 70:30 jamb to waec ratio.

All these schools made their modalities public early enough bro. Uniben aspirants deserve to know the specific modalities for their admission by now too.

You are doing a good job here though.

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by stred: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Lmao Favour Lawrence
Who is that cry
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by stred: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pprovost:

Meanwhile, these two schools above(UI and Unilag) used 50:50 while UNN used 60:40 and OAU used 70:30 jamb to waec ratio.

All these schools made their modalities public early enough bro. Uniben aspirants deserve to know the specific modalities for their admission by now too.

correct your post oau changed from 70:30 to 50:50

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Page07:
nah It wasn't an insult Didn't even think of it.
Oh! Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
stred:
correct your post oau changed from 70:30 to 50:50

Sure? and UNN?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by stred: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pprovost:

Sure? and UNN?
yeah Unn is 60:40
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Ksslib(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
stred:
Oh boy see score! Your head dey hot oh. If Uniben adopts either of the models, it will be a negative miracle for you not to gain admission.

Uniben is verrrrrrrrry secretive with their cut-off marks for admission. I don't think Uniben has ever officially released cut-off marks. Even the printed slip containing cut-off marks that was making rounds last year was merely a speculation.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by chem112: 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ksslib:

Oh boy see score! Your head dey hot oh. If Uniben adopts either of the models, it will be a negative miracle for you not to gain admission.

Uniben is verrrrrrrrry secretive with their cut-off marks for admission. I don't think Uniben has ever officially released cut-off marks. Even the printed slip containing cut-off marks that was making rounds last year was merely a speculation.
pls can we see the print out of the cut off mark
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by chem112: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
let's start posting our scores using unilag and UI scoring system
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Ksslib(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pprovost:

Thanks for the correction.

Anyways, let's just wait and see. But I have this strong conviction that irrespective of the model one uses to calculate their final score, 60 should be fine to at least secure admission. Below 55 should be treading on dangerous waters.

I take God beg una, make una no eat me raw. I am just assuming. As a matter of fact I was just thinking out loud rubbish.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Ksslib(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
chem112:

pls can we see the print out of the cut off mark
Venus, do you still have it?

Robinhez, you?

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Branzy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
use this link to check ur uniben admission status
https://uniben.waeup.org/applicants/checkstatus
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Ksslib(m): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Abeg, make una use style begin check kofa this night. Nobody will know for sure immediately the list comes out. It will spread by word of mouth first, before school will officially announce. That was how it happened during my set.

I am saying this beacuse names for permanent accommodation have been pasted at various halls of residence. I think It was pasted today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (379) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.