Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,088 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) (9110 Views)

5 Reasons Why I Agree TECNO Is For Nigerians / Tecno Is Set To Launch Tecno Camon X – To Join The Camon Series / Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
eflintsone:
wen I said reliable fones I did nt mean all dz fones u juz listed I meant samsung,htc,sony ..etc

I listed those phones cos they are lesser than Samsung, LG et al but better than tecno and still makes better phones than them at affordable prices.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 29, 2015
ollah1:

and u think an average joe knows what a chipset is called let alone the versions used.

below are the things they care about

Camera
memory card
battery life
Android
candy crush, Temple run, subway surfer

hehe Nigerians are easy to scam
yea they don't.but its not Nigeria alone its people around the whole world.its why apple can get away with committing some more modern specs in their phones and still be selling them bye 600-1000$
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 29, 2015
MrOra:

Don't try and tackle the S6 please, that's one of the top 3 phones in the world, Tecno isn't even recognized by cyanogenmod and you expect people to spend the same range of money on it.
not trying to tackle it oooo.but 4 me that's the only weakness the s6 has
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 29, 2015
ewizard1:

Brother, let dem use Himalaya X76 Chipset, Nigerians would still question them.

The base is... "Tecno Devices was known to be CHEAPLY built for Africa" Just that reason is why they cant just price their phones anyhow.

Example, Samsung and Apple devices are known to be costly rigth from earlier. And they really did their homework rigth.
probably,but brands lyk huawei and xiaomi mostly started with budget phones now people love their flagship phones like Mi note pro and huawei mate s.trust me if a manufacturer steps up their game and can promise frequent updates like major phones then people will forget their status as budget phone manufacturers asap.after all where were apple and Samsung previously compared to Nokia,Sony,Motorola.
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 29, 2015
davthom:
yea they don't.but its not Nigeria alone its people around the whole world.its why apple can get away with committing some more modern specs in their phones and still be selling them bye 600-1000$

Apple's case is different. They have one advantage which is iOS. First a customer selects the platform he wants then the OEM. If you want Android, there are gazillion phones you can select from but if you want iOS then its iPhone. If iOS was cross platform then Apple wouldn't be milking its customers

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 29, 2015
All of you making uncomplimentary remarks about Tecno will in the near future swallow your words.
Agreed Tecno is not yet a top brand but they are in the right path.
After-all that was exactly how Samsung started.
The Young Shall Grow!!!
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by MrOra(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2015
davthom:
not trying to tackle it oooo.but 4 me that's the only weakness the s6 has
You could be the 128gb
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by KuliMart: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2015
ollah1:
Nigerians culd be really gullible.. With 70k you can buy these super cool uk used phones with supports and updates

HTC M8
Samsung Galaxy S5 / Note 4
LG G3
Sony Xperia Z3

With that amount you can buy better Chinese phones with better performance

Moto X 2015
One plus two
Elephone P800
Xiaomi MI3
Gionee E5
UMI Iron
Doogee
Jiayu

Loads more and you will still keep some change.

Nigerians should wise up. Next month, another Tecno would debut but this time, MarshMallow Android 6.0 would be the OS and they will consider that as an upgrade.

70k ain't beans to buy crap

We sell those brands.
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by KuliMart: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2015
ollah1:

and u think an average joe knows what a chipset is called let alone the versions used.

below are the things they care about

Camera
memory card
battery life
Android
candy crush, Temple run, subway surfer

hehe Nigerians are easy to scam

That is the problem, they care about capacity of MP and battery without checking of it's interpolated or not.
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2015
KuliMart:

We sell those brands.

thanks but not interested cos i got a new phone few months ago. Its for those that needs to look outside for better phones at a cheaper rate
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by decub: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
kevoh:
If your house rent is 69k or 70k per annum as some of the dolts that commented, you are probably a low income earner and should not be concerning yourself and complaining over smart electronic devices that are of premium price! angry It was never meant for your type! angry angry

What happened to ''cut your coat according to your size'' and proper money management among youths? Who are you planning to impress with a 70k phone when you can hardly live in a good environment and appartment that worths more than your 70k rent?
Your first paragraph was particularly wrong because there are places in Nigeria you can get a decent 2 B/R flat for 70K and it doesn't mean the inhabitants are low income earners but simply because of the nature/location of their job/business. If you live in highbrow areas and spend high on accommodation, it doesn't make you classy cos there are those who prefer serene atmosphere and would also save more.

Lest I forget, it's "cut your coat according to your cloth".

Don't get it twisted, cos I believe in; "if you've got it, then flaunt it".
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by kevoh(m): 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
decub:

Lest I forget, it's "cut your coat according to your cloth".

Don't get it twisted, cos I believe in; "if you've got it, then flaunt it".
You are the one getting it twisted, if you have what it takes to get it and flaunt it then why are you whining and crying on the internet like a baby that the price of a device is 70k and is equivalent to your rent? Shows that you can't afford it! You were not forced to buy it in the first place!

When A.kin Al.abi bought that his SUV for $650 000, did you hear him complain and whine on social media? No! He simply ordered for it and flaunted it! That's how those who can afford stuffs behave,THEY GO FOR IT, if you cannot afford it then its way above your income and not meant for your kind. It's simple logic!
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 30, 2015
Tobilastik:
....... NA by force to buy m? Samsung of 180k nkor?
how dare u mention Samsung on this thread
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by princetom1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
kevoh:

You are the one getting it twisted, if you have what it takes to get it and flaunt it then why are you whining and crying on the internet like a baby that the price of a device is 70k and is equivalent to your rent? Shows that you can't afford it! You were not forced to buy it in the first place!

When A.kin Al.abi bought that his SUV for $650 000, did you hear him complain and whine on social media? No! He simply ordered for it and flaunted it! That's how those who can afford stuffs behave,THEY GO FOR IT, if you cannot afford it then its way above your income and not meant for your kind. It's simple logic!

Reading through ur comments, hmn,
Am nt someone to judge, but don't look down on someone even if he/she is a begger. I think ur comments are overboard, the argument shouldn't get to this.
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by princetom1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
And i have read alot of "is it by force to comment".
Seriously its not but don't we have freedom of expressing ourselves again? Be it sane or insane.
The fact that many people complaining about it means something is wrong and if am to be fair, its not worth d money at all. Yes, quote me any day, anytime, anywhere.
What happens to having value for our hard earned money? For those looking down on others because of their views regarding price, are u saying all of tho commenting are poor and cant really afford it? No, they are dissapointed with the pricing. But then, nobody is forcing u to buy. its also good u complain, so that wen they fail, they can know why they fail

1 Like

Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by kevoh(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
princetom1:

Reading through ur comments, hmn,
Am nt someone to judge, but don't look down on someone even if he/she is a begger. I think ur comments are overboard, the argument shouldn't get to this.
Oga, there's nothing overboard here.I'm not looking down on anyone.Some products are of premium price and made for a specific target market. It's called BUSINESS. There's a diamond encrusted Iphone at about $15million targeted at the big boys e.g Saudi princes. I can't afford that Iphone at the same time I'm not complaining either, there are other Iphones I can afford if I must buy one. It's simple logic really! Just plain and simple! If you can't afford it move over to something you can afford, all the noise complaining about the price being equivalent to your house rent is just petty. You were not forced with a gun to your head to buy. I'm done with this argument!
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nsonaso(m): 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
kevoh:

Oga, there's nothing overboard here.I'm not looking down on anyone.Some products are of premium price and made for a specific target market. It's called BUSINESS. There's a diamond encrusted Iphone at about $15million targeted at the big boys e.g Saudi princes. I can't afford that Iphone at the same time I'm not complaining either, there are other Iphones I can afford if I must buy one. It's simple logic really! Just plain and simple! If you can't afford it move over to something you can afford, all the noise complaining about the price being equivalent to your house rent is just petty. You were not forced with a gun to your head to buy. I'm done with this argument!
See bro for the fact that people complain about the price doesn't mean they can't afford it... I too I complained about the price (even created the thread)... is not that am feeling proud though but just to clear some fact.
Am currently using iPhone 5s 64GB I bought it brand new 140k, HTC One M7 Dual SIM brand new 70k (i bought two of them the same day from the same shop at the same time) later within that same month I bought TECNO H6 18k which I later exchange with my friends GiONEE M2

I complained about the price of TECNO phantom 5 not because I cant afford it but because I know what is in there. (I.e I know what is inside TECNO phantom 5) spec sheet = / = Quality.

Take it or leave it
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nsonaso(m): 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
Thank you bro... Many people doesn't understand this simple logic
ollah1:

Apple's case is different. They have one advantage which is iOS. First a customer selects the platform he wants then the OEM. If you want Android, there are gazillion phones you can select from but if you want iOS then its iPhone. If iOS was cross platform then Apple wouldn't be milking its customers
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
okitikpo:
Truth is that the real issue with the price of the Phantom 5 is that there are lots of phones in similar category and some even better that their prices are halved. So that's the problem Tecno will encounter. Except for core Tecno fans, you won't tell me that you will see other phones with similar features and performances and that cost way lower than Tecno and still go for Tecno.

Gionee M5 beta am x10
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by Hotdiamond(m): 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
The problem with tecno is the abysmal second value. Someone b pricing it 20k after some months of use
Re: TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) by giftedben: 1:29am On Dec 08, 2015
70k for a phone that cant even get its products reviewed by gsmarena, phonearena, android authority or even cnet. As long as am concerned tecno cant be trusted with my 70k. What about after sales services like OS update incase of bugs. Serious anybody getting that for 70k knows nothing about business. Top brands are out there with second hand value.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Itel A60 Is A Complete Waste Of Time And Money Here Is Why / LG Mobile Service Centres In Lagos Please / Mtn Still Has The Highest Gsm Internet And Mobile Subscribers In Q1 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.