Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. (4890 Views)

Top 15 Most Selected Courses By Students In JAMB UTME 2017 / 2017 List Of Most Selected Courses In Nigeria / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by thankyouJesus(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
[b]Some nairalanders call me Mr. Contoversy, others, Mr. Saythetruth. Last year, precisely november, I discussed about the above topic, if you miss it, here is a link www.nairaland.com/1994232/best-nigerian-universities-some-selected.
Change is the constant thing in life, due to evolving curriculum, educational policies, merging markets, the lists need to be updated. As usual;
DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 89%.
The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.
1. Civil Engineering
-FUTO
-Covenant
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN
2. Mechanical Engineering
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI
-Enugu State University of Science and Technology
-Ambrose Alli University
3. Computer Engineering
-UNN
-Ambrose Alli University
-OAU
-LAUTECH
-FUTMINNA
4. Agricultural Engineering
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN
-UI
-Ahmadu Bello University
5 Electronics Electrical Engineering
-FUTO
-OAU
-Covenant
-Unilag
-UI
6. Chemical Engineering
-OAU
-Covenant
-FUTO
-Ahmadu Bello University
-FUTMINNA
7. Petroleum Engineering
-Unilag
-FUTO
-PTI
-UI
-Covenant
8. Mathematics
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-NMC
-UNILAG
9. Physics
-FUTO
-OAU
-UI
-BAYERO
-ABU
10. Pure/Industrial Chemistry
-UI
-UNILORIN
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
11. Biology/Zoology/Botany
-Covenant
-UI
-Uniabuja
-FUTMINNA
-UNILAG
12. Microbiology/Parasitology
-UNN
-FUTA
-OAU
-ABU
-UNILAG
13. Biochemistry
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-ABU
14. Geography/Meteology/Regional Planning
-UI
-ABU
-UNIUYO
-UNIJOS
-UNILORIN
15. Geophysics/Geology
-FUTO
-FUTA
-OAU
-UI
-UNIJOS
16. Accounting
-Covenant
-ABU
-UNILAG
-National Open University
-UNIJOS
17. Economics
-OAU
-UI
-Bayero University
-UNIUYO
-UNN
18. Law
-LASU
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-ABU
19. Computer Science
-BABCOCK
-Covenant
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNN
20. Philosophy
-UNILAG
-UNICAL
-UNN
-Imo State University
-University of Abuja
21. Sociology
-UNN
-UniAbuja
-ABU
-UI
-UNILORIN
22. Psychology
-UNN
-OAU
-Enugu State University Covenant
-Benue State University
23. Business Administration
-UNN
-ABU
-Madonna University
-UNILORIN
-Unilag
24. Guidance and Counselling
-UNILORIN
-UI
-UNILAG
-OAU
25. Banking and Finance
-Covenant
-UNILAG
-UNN
-UNIBEN
26. Pharmacy
-UI
-UNILAG
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIJOS
27. Medicine and Surgery
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-Unilag
-Lasu
28. Dentistry
-UNN
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI
29. Veterinary Medicine
-ABU
-UI
-UNN
-Usman Danfodio University
-University of Maiduguri
30. Mass Communication
-Caleb
-UNIJOS
-UNILORIN
-UNN
-Institute of Mass Communication
31. Political Science
-OAU
-Enugu State Science and Techonology University
-UNN
-ABU
-NAtioinal Open University
32. Nursing
-Lasu
-UI
-UNN
-OAU
-Uniben
33. Laboratory Techology
-FUTO
-Lautech
-ABU
-UNIPORT
-Nigeria Institute of Science Laboratory Technology
34. Food Science/Technology
-UNAAB
-OAU
-UNN
-FUTA
-FUOYE
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.
[/b]
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Unsad(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
Uniport - Runs Girlism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by jasssbabe(f): 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
But Futa no get petroleum Engineering ooooooo
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by thankyouJesus(m): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
jasssbabe:
It was an oversight, thank you.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by hulkhiharitoz(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
Let me park my Volvo here..
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by GodswillAJudins(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
FUTA is the best in engineering.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by thankyouJesus(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
GodswillAJudins:
FUTA is the best in engineering.
According to who? Answer with facts and verifiable links
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Temmi001: 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
jasssbabe:
leave the guy and his unresearched list. Smh. Mediocrity at its acme.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by thankyouJesus(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
Temmi001:
leave the guy and his unresearched list. Smh. Mediocrity at its acme.
Your opinion
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Winna01(m): 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
iffa hear angry ...
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
FUTA nko
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Winna01(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
jasssbabe:
dont mind the guy, all in the name of making FP

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by swhiss: 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Waste of thread space!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by pweetyoge(f): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
UNN my alma mater##
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by psychologist(m): 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
Unilagolodo.com
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Futurecrown(m): 7:18am On Sep 29, 2015
thankyouJesus:
[b]Some nairalanders call me Mr. Contoversy, others, Mr. Saythetruth. Last year, precisely november, I discussed about the above topic, if you miss it, here is a link www.nairaland.com/1994232/best-nigerian-universities-some-selected.
Change is the constant thing in life, due to evolving curriculum, educational policies, merging markets, the lists need to be updated. As usual;
DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 89%.
The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.
1. Civil Engineering
-FUTO
-Covenant
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN
2. Mechanical Engineering
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI
-Enugu State University of Science and Technology
-Ambrose Alli University
3. Computer Engineering
-UNN
-Ambrose Alli University
-OAU
-LAUTECH
-FUTMINNA
4. Agricultural Engineering
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN
-UI
-Ahmadu Bello University
5 Electronics Electrical Engineering
-FUTO
-OAU
-Covenant
-Unilag
-UI
6. Chemical Engineering
-OAU
-Covenant
-FUTO
-Ahmadu Bello University
-FUTMINNA
7. Petroleum Engineering
-Unilag
-FUTO
-PTI
-UI
-Covenant
8. Mathematics
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-NMC
-UNILAG
9. Physics
-FUTO
-OAU
-UI
-BAYERO
-ABU
10. Pure/Industrial Chemistry
-UI
-UNILORIN
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
11. Biology/Zoology/Botany
-Covenant
-UI
-Uniabuja
-FUTMINNA
-UNILAG
12. Microbiology/Parasitology
-UNN
-FUTA
-OAU
-ABU
-UNILAG
13. Biochemistry
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-ABU
14. Geography/Meteology/Regional Planning
-UI
-ABU
-UNIUYO
-UNIJOS
-UNILORIN
15. Geophysics/Geology
-FUTO
-FUTA
-OAU
-UI
-UNIJOS
16. Accounting
-Covenant
-ABU
-UNILAG
-National Open University
-UNIJOS
17. Economics
-OAU
-UI
-Bayero University
-UNIUYO
-UNN
18. Law
-LASU
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-ABU
19. Computer Science
-BABCOCK
-Covenant
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNN
20. Philosophy
-UNILAG
-UNICAL
-UNN
-Imo State University
-University of Abuja
21. Sociology
-UNN
-UniAbuja
-ABU
-UI
-UNILORIN
22. Psychology
-UNN
-OAU
-Enugu State University Covenant
-Benue State University
23. Business Administration
-UNN
-ABU
-Madonna University
-UNILORIN
-Unilag
24. Guidance and Counselling
-UNILORIN
-UI
-UNILAG
-OAU
25. Banking and Finance
-Covenant
-UNILAG
-UNN
-UNIBEN
26. Pharmacy
-UI
-UNILAG
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIJOS
27. Medicine and Surgery
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-Unilag
-Lasu
28. Dentistry
-UNN
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI
29. Veterinary Medicine
-ABU
-UI
-UNN
-Usman Danfodio University
-University of Maiduguri
30. Mass Communication
-Caleb
-UNIJOS
-UNILORIN
-UNN
-Institute of Mass Communication
31. Political Science
-OAU
-Enugu State Science and Techonology University
-UNN
-ABU
-NAtioinal Open University
32. Nursing
-Lasu
-UI
-UNN
-OAU
-Uniben
33. Laboratory Techology
-FUTO
-Lautech
-ABU
-UNIPORT
-Nigeria Institute of Science Laboratory Technology
34. Food Science/Technology
-UNAAB
-OAU
-UNN
-FUTA
-FUOYE
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.
[/b]
These show how myopic you are to fabricate all this inconsequential list. Talking about Engineering prowes in Nigerian you must make reference to UNIBEN. But whats PTI doing on the list of best University? Moreover i need all the parameters you used to compile all the list.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by thankyouJesus(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Futurecrown:
These show how myopic you are to fabricate all this inconsequential list. Talking about Engineering prowes in Nigerian you must make reference to UNIBEN. But whats PTI doing on the list of best University? Moreover i need all the parameters you used to compile all the list.
SMH. Get a good dictionary, check for the meaning of the following words, University, Degree, and College. After that, we can pick holes on discussions base on fact.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Futurecrown(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
thankyouJesus:
SMH. Get a good dictionary, check for the meaning of the following words, University, Degree, and College. After that, we can pick holes on discussions base on fact.
You re deluded and bereft of idea. just answer my question, Is PTI a University or Degree awarding institution? cos i knw you re a diction master.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by thankyouJesus(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
Futurecrown:
You re deluded and bereft of idea. just answer my question, Is PTI a University or Degree awarding institution? cos i knw you re a diction master.
1. university - /juːnɪˈvəːsɪti/ noun, a high-level educational institution in which students study for degrees and academic research is done.
2. degree is the state of recognized completion of studies at a school or university.
Stop displaying your ignonrance and the INSULTS.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by Futurecrown(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
thankyouJesus:
1. university - /juːnɪˈvəːsɪti/ noun, a high-level educational institution in which students study for degrees and academic research is done.
2. degree is the state of recognized completion of studies at a school or university.
Stop displaying your ignonrance and the INSULTS.
So PTI award degree?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by thankyouJesus(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Futurecrown:
So PTI award degree?
check number 2 again
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by eche45(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
OP, JUST TRY BORROW BRAIN. Rubbish thread.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses; Part 2. by karacte111(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
UI and OAU all the way. Destination : frontpage cc: seun lalasticlala ishilove jarus agentofchange r231 sonofmark friedplantain

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Of Us Graduated From School Unclad. What Our Lecturers Never Told Us! / Painfull UTME Result!!! / Can Any Mistake Made On Post Utme Form Be Corrected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.