Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,083 members, 7,859,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:26 PM

Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter (855 Views)

Disregard Baseless Rumours About Buhari's Death - Garba Shehu / Sylva Mobilises Bayelsa APC Members To Clear Refuse / Confusion In Bayelsa APC As INEC Submission Deadline Closes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by alcmene: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
The Chairman, All Progressives Congress, Bayelsa State chapter, Chief Tiwei Orunimighe, has said the party in the state stands by the victory of former governor and leader of the party, Chief Timipre Sylva, at the governorship primary.

The primary election has elicited much controversy as it is claimed that Sylva emerged winner through a ‘kangaroo’ arrangement.

The election was said to be marred by violence which resulted in more than 15 aspirants scampering for safety as well as members of the election committee headed by the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, being held hostage in the arena.

Oshiomhole has since claimed that Sylva’s thugs held him hostage in an attempt to force him to conduct the primary in the midst of violence.

The Edo State Governor was said to be rescued by the combined forces of the military and operatives of the Department of State Security on the orders of the Chief of Defence Staff.

But Orunimighe, who insisted that the primary had been won and lost, said the rumour of cancellation of the election was baseless and unfounded.

He said, “As a chairman of Bayelsa APC, I am not aware of any cancellation of the primary. With all due respect to the National Chairman of our party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, he said nobody should make an announcement except they cleared with him.

“I want to believe that people who made statements from the national secretariat did not have clearance with him. As a state chairman, I am aware that the rumour of cancellation came even when we were on the election ground. It was all over the social media. I think it was made by one of their publicists. After that Odigie-Oyegun directed that nobody should make any statement without obtaining clearance from him.

“The national chairman is a man who knows his onions. Having set up an election panel, he knows the next thing is to wait for the outcome or report of the committee set up to administer the primary. Maybe they will set up an appeal committee. We are expecting that by Monday or Tuesday (today). So, I believe the cancellation rumour does not stand.

“For now, election has been held and I think that is how it stands. Chief Timipre Sylva won the primary conducted last Tuesday.”
The chairman said he believed that some aspirants might might be aggrieved, adding that the party was working towards harmonising their grieviances ahead of the December 5 governorship poll.

He exonerated himself of being biased during the primary, stressing that in a contest of that nature, tongues were bound to wag.

He stated, “I do not know who accused us. We are not biased. As a chairman, I believe that I have managed the party to the best of my ability. When it came to the period of voting, I was also a delegate.

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-stand-by-sylvas-victory-bayelsa-apc/

Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by nice101(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by BlackrulesDworld(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
Are those our leader
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by sdindan: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hahahahahah grin
APC's broom is falling apart
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by psucc(m): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
A house built on falsehood.
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by Benedict44(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
hmmm....the broom is now scattering....
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by NextGovernor(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
They should take it easy because Nigerians are watching.
Sylvia and Alaibe combine ticket can't even get 30% vote, so their party ticket tussle is of no relevant. Let's see how it ends.

Nextgovernor
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by helpee(m): 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
ANOTHER PARTY OF COMMEDIANS(APC)....LOL
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by shakaZuIlu: 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
apc fighting apc

no kwams grin

i love this cheesy
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by BloodyK1ller: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
shakaZuIlu:
apc fighting apc

no kwams grin

i love this cheesy

Yes oooooo
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by shakaZuIlu: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
BloodyK1ller:

Yes oooooo

cc
lalasticlala Seun obinoscopy
this guy is trolling the board

derailing threads with tribal comments

please check his posts to confirm that
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by BloodyK1ller: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
shakaZuIlu:

cc
lalasticlala Seun obinoscopy
this guy is trolling the board

derailing threads with tribal comments

please check his posts to confirm that

why

This is the guy we were talking about the other day
Re: Disregard Abuja APC Men...bayelsa APC Chapter by Okanokan(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Chief Tiwe is being economical with the truth. I guess he is now paying the price for him to be made Deputy Governorship candidate to Mr Sylva, but if what we observed on the primaries is how they play politics i would say bye-bye to democracy.
When politics is played with decorum and respect for constituted authority, no state chairman would call his national chairman to order as the Bayelsa State Chairman of the Apc Chief Tiwe has done. Maybe will submit the Apc nomination without passing thru the National Secretariat, but i do know that Inec only receive the names of candidates from the party national headquarters.

(1) (Reply)

IG Of Police..is That A Baton Or A Pistol In His Pocket..? / 'Stateism' Among Igbo People / APC Reveals How Much Of Nigeria's Funds Buhari Has Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.