Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing (1087 Views)

The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. / Deutoronumy 18:18 Analyst. / Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 18, 2009
pls could nairalanders explain it because it says brother to the Isrealites meaning an Ishmealite, so could it be Muhammad
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Lady2(f): 2:55am On Apr 18, 2009
You'll have to be more direct than that. No one knows what ur talking about.
You could try posting deuteronomy and then develop your question from there.
But I can honestly tell u that it couldn't be talking about muhammad, Deuteronomy was written way before muhammad and no one is disputing whether the israelites and ishmaelites are brothers. They are and we accept them as so, and Ishmael wasn't an evil person in the Bible, I don't know why the muslims are desperate to make it seem so. I guess it shatters their whole argument.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2009
you said it could not be Muhammed,then who was it, could u count down to new testament and point out the prophet that was refers to and the prophet should be an Ishmaelite not an Isrealite,because God said we should listen to him anyway and jesus could not be the prophet so was it then pls.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by noetic(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2009
uplawal:

you said it could not be Muhammed,then who was it, could u count down to new testament and point out the prophet that was refers to and the prophet should be an Ishmaelite not an Isrealite,because God said we should listen to him anyway and jesus could not be the prophet so was it then pls.
thou hypocrite!!!

if the bible is corrupt and the koran is real, how can mohammed be in it?
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2009
why are nairalanders so aggressive?am not saying the Holy bible is corrupt and the koran is real but asking to get answer from cos i dnt know the prophet thats all
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2009
none of the books is corrupt cos even old and new testaments are in the koran and the koran is the final message from God revealed to his last prophet MUHAMMAD.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Backslider(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2009
@uplawal

Dont worry you will soon find out that one of the books is corrupt. just keep reading.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Bobbyaf(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ uplawal

Obviously either you are a Moslem, or leaning towards being one. The prophet that Moses spoke of could not have been Mohammed since he descended from Ismael, and not Isaac.

Isaac was the chosen lineage through which the prophet spoken of would come. Satan attempted to get Abraham to mess up God's plan, by showing doubt and getting involved with his wife's hand maiden Hagar.

Now we see two nations side by side ever since Hagar and her son Ishmael were separated from the camp. God had made provisions for Ismael to have started a great nation, but He never intended to renege on His promise to raise up a nation from Isaac that would have been the people through whom the Messiah would come.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Bobbyaf(m): 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2009
why are nairalanders so aggressive?am not saying the Holy bible is corrupt and the koran is real but asking to get answer from cos i dnt know the prophet thats all

Don't worry too much we all face the same issues on religious fora. Learn to be patient with people's weaknesses, because we all have our faults.

If you have any questions I will relate to you. I will be here.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Lady2(f): 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2009
Ok so I went and looked up Deuteronomy, and it very well doesn't mention the Ishmaelites. Infact at this point in time when the Israelites mention brothers they are only referencing themselves. The tribe of Israel is very well established, and note that they weren't allowed to marry outside of their kinsmen and they certainly weren't allowed to marry ishmaelites, therefore the kinsmen referred to there was that from one of the tribes of Israel, they wouldn't have two different meanings for kinship. Infact the other time when Ishmaelites were mentioned is when the sons if Israel sold Joseph to the Ishmaelites and not once did they mention them as their brothers. To the Islraelites the prophet that will rise up was to rise up from within the tribes of Israel, and then as the Bible continues and the prophecies become even clear this prophet was to be born of the tribe of Judah, last time I checked muhammad wasn't from the tribe of Judah.

I know you had yourself convinced, and I knew there was a reason you didn't want to post the actual passage because you know you were being deceiving, I bet you were hoping no one would bother to look for the passage. We're not fools, we know that the kinsmen referred to there was not the ishmaelites. The Ishmaelites were long gone from the kinship of Israel.

uplawal:

Who told you the prophet should be an ishmaelite? couldn't the isrealites be brothers to themselves? last i checked israel didn't start with isaac, it started with jacob. Abraham wasn't an israelite, neither was Isaac, so the brother couldn't be an ishmaelite. you would have a better chance saying the brother referred to was from Esau's line, and well muhammad isn't from Esau's line. sorry but your so called facts are wrong. try something else because this attempt failed badly.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
making people understand ur point doesn't mean it should come in rash manner, and i think nairalanders are so good at doing that,they are too harsh,i just joined and i think christians are to be tolerant not aggressive in nature u'll later now say o muslims are too aggressive rerereee. if u say christ is the prophet is fine just wanted to know,later we will argue that christ is not a prophet
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Bobbyaf(m): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2009
I agree. Don't get personal with people. Discuss the issues rather than people.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Lady2(f): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2009
uplawal:

making people understand ur point doesn't mean it should come in rash manner, and i think nairalanders are so good at doing that,they are too harsh,i just joined and i think christians are to be tolerant not aggressive in nature u'll later now say o muslims are too aggressive rerereee. if u say christ is the prophet is fine just wanted to know,later we will argue that christ is not a prophet

Take your own advice.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by mandiiee(f): 2:47am On Apr 20, 2009
~Lady~:

Take your own advice.

EXACTLY![b][/b] you can check this link http://www.wrestedscriptures.com/A08Islam/deuteronomy18v18-19.html
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Lady2(f): 7:17am On Apr 20, 2009
mandiiee:

EXACTLY![b][/b] you can check this link http://www.wrestedscriptures.com/A08Islam/deuteronomy18v18-19.html

Girl I've dealt with this argument way too much. There is not an argument about my faith that I haven't heard and debunked. There will be more. I accept that, and will continue to fight the battle.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by georgecso(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2009
You guys claim that the Bible is corrupt. I seems to wondering why u're struggling to find Prophet Muhd inside. God speaks in clear terms in Deu 18:18 so its not Prophet Muhd. Find him else where but not in the Bible
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Gold24: 8:04am On Apr 20, 2009
We are not living in the old testament we are living in the
new testament.I will advice you to read the new testament
if you want to grow as a christian.
Re: Why Is Deutoronomy 18 18 Confusing by Lady2(f): 12:52am On Apr 21, 2009
Gold24:

We are not living in the old testament we are living in the
new testament.I will advice you to read the new testament
if you want to grow as a christian.

You will not understand the New unless you understand the Old. The New takes place with the Old as the background. Ppl misunderstand what is happening and being said in the New because they do not know of the prophecies in the Old, and do not know of the practices in the Old. The Old isn't done away with, it is given life in the New.
As one of my favourite saints said "The Old Testament is the New concealed, the New Testament is the Old revealed"

Pax Christi

(1) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Please Explain "thighing" Or Condemn It / Africans Among World's Most Religious People Study Finds. / The Gospel Of Satan [ Part 1 ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.