Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory (1657 Views)

Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} / Is Purgatory In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
source;www.bibletruthsaboutcatholics.

Where do you think some of your dead relations and friends’ maybe? Can you do anything to help them, now they are dead or to even help those who you do not know, but who are dead, thus praying for one another, even after death in this world. Can your dead relations, friends, strangers or fellow Christians do anything to assist you in this life, or of benefit to you?

THE SOULS IN PURGATORY HUNGER FOR HOLY MASS
King sancho of Leon in 950 appeared to Queen Gilda after death and after she had booked many Holy masses, prayed at his tomb and at feet of the Blessed Virgin Mary, recommending her departed husband’s soul to the blessed mother. Sancho appeared clad in garment of mourning, double row of red, hot chain around waist and thanked her and said “help me, for am devoured by those flames; he requested for more alms to the poor, gifts to people and the HOLY MASSES. This the Queen did. After 40 days, he appeared in dazzling whiteness and said “behold my dear Gilda, thanks, your prayers delivered me from all suffering”.

A mother was greatly grieved by the death of her daughter and cried and mourned the loss for long. The daughter appeared to her and revealed” mother, it is you, it is these tears, which you shed over me that moisten and soil my garments and retard my entrance into Heaven. Cease to abandon your self to a blind and useless grief, open your heart to more Christian sentiments if you truly love me, relieve me in my sufferings, apply some indulgences to me, say prayers, give alms, obtain for me the FRUITS OF THE HOLY MASS that you will prove your love for me, by so doing you will deliver me from prison, where I languish and bring me forth in eternal life, which is far more than the life terrestrial you have given me.

THE HOLY COMMUNION WHEN OFFERED TO SOULS IN PURGATORY WORKS GREAT WONDERS.
The poor souls in purgatory desire that we offer many times the Holy Communion we receive for their intentions. One of such souls in purgatory appeared to St. Gregory the great’ if you wish to do good for me, offer up for me the Bread of the Eucharist and after saying this, he disappeared. It was revealed to St Margaret Mary also that each time the Holy Communion is offered for them, their dreadful torments are reduced.

THE SOULS IN PURGATORY REWARD GENEROUSLY THOSE WHO REMEMBER THEM.
St. Bridget heard a voice from the depths of purgatorial flames pronouncing these words” may those be blessed, may those be rewarded who relieve us in these pains!! On another occasion she heard “o Lord, show thy Almighty power in recompensing a hundred fold those who assists us by their suffrage's, and make the rays of the divine light shine upon us. The souls in purgatory intercede for those who remember them in several ways. While still in purgatory, they by their prayers obtain God’s assistance for those who pray for their relief. When they leave the place of torment and enter heaven, they will never stop talking on our behalf to our Lord and coming to assist us in our needs. They also come to warn us, reveal God’s secrets for us, help us by physical appearance in the world, especially when we are in dangers of mind, soul or body. They sometimes appear to say thank you after their release from purgatory on their way to heaven, as revealed by personal experiences and from the life of saints in the books like PURGATORY EXPLAINED by Fr. Schouppe, READ ME OR RUE IT by Fr Paul O Sullivan and HIDDEN TREASURE-HOLY MASS by St Leonard.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW!!
Write down the names of all those you know who are dead, whether relations or friends, and begin now to remember them in your prayers. Pray for them along bible guidelines, if they are in hellfire God will use the prayers for others. Do not pray for their repentance, for there is no repentance in the grave, but like St. Paul, “may it be the Lord’s will that he (they) shall find the Lord’s mercy on that day (judgment day) 2 Tim. 2:18 and as forgiveness of sin in this world or in next (after their death) for certain sins, not including sins against the holy spirit Mt. 12:32.

BIBLE MEDITATIONS ON PURGATORY
“For if he had not expected the fallen to rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. Whereas if he had in view the splendid recompense reserved for those who make a pious end, the thought was holy and devout ,sacrifice offered for the dead, so that might be released from their sin (2 Mac. 12:44-45).

WHY PURGATORY EXISTS.
Since “there shall not enter into heaven anything that is not pure (Rev 21; 27) and scriptures say nobody is perfect (holy) (Rev. 15:4) then if we die, not being perfect, *Holy) then purgatory is required to make us pure as if by fire 1 Cor 3;15. If you are not pure-you have in you venial sins-sins that do not lead to death of soul (small sins) (1 john 5:16-17).

According to the catechism of the catholic church, “all who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation ; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.”

The church gives the name PURGATORY to this final purification of the elect, which is entirely different from the punishment of the damned,the church formulated her doctrine of faith on purgatory especially at the councils of Florence and Trent. The Bible speaks of a cleansing fire 1 Cor. 3:!5, 1 Pt. 1:7 and this teaching is also based on the practice of prayer for the dead, 2 Macc. 12:46. The church also say that alms giving, indulgences and works of penance be undertaken on behalf of the dead.

In the catholic religion by Msgr J H. Bur Bach” The souls in purgatory are called the church suffering, because they are still suffering for their sins in the purifying fires of purgatory”

A LITTLE SECRET THAT WORKS WITH TIME
One can obtain the help of the souls in purgatory for any important need by promising to pray for them always, if such requests are obtained from God through the prayers of the holy souls in purgatory.

1 Like

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Scholar8200(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Let me ask:

1. In the story of Lazarus and the Rich man ( Luke 16:19-31), where do we insert purgatory?
2. Revelations 7:14 speaks of saints in Heaven haven being purified in the Blood of the Lamb (not the fires of purgatory). What would you say about this?
3. Revelations 1:5,6 speaks of pre-tribulation saints as being washed in the same Blood of the Lamb. Did this occur while they were alive or after death? If after death, why did John write it as an accomplished task and not a future action? If while alive, do we infer that the Blood is just as powerless as that of the animals in the OT?

4. Why did Christ assure the thief on the cross of paradise (that same day) when there was still a term to serve in purgatory for purification?!

5. By what do the souls consigned to purgatory 'achieve' holiness? If you say faith, then what is the difference between faith before and after death?

Let's start with these.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by misreal(m): 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hmm. No biblical reference

1 Like

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hmmm Catholics, The most deceived set of people. Just like their muslim counterparts
Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
1.not everyone can pass through the purifying fire of purgatory as some go to heaven directly after death as the case with the good thief.
2.not every one can attain holiness without which none can see God ,hence the bible speaks as in this article those who will be purified as if by fire.others would be purified by the blood of the lamb ,especially those who don't need to go to purgatory.
3.the belief in purgatory leads one to try his best to avoid it ,hence the person would put more effort into going to heaven and avoiding the slightest offense against God.
4.the existence of purgatory was believed by all Christians for thousands of year until martin Luther broke away from the church.

1 Like

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by trapQ: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
To the poster above me..THERE IS NO PURGATORY.
After death is judgement. Stop spreading heresies. The catholic church brings disunity among christians. I repeat, there is no purgatory. There is heaven and hell, no inbetweens, no place of temporary suffering, no hades, nothing. After death, you either go to heaven or hell where you'd spend eternity.

Not even one biblical reference!
Bye!!

1 Like

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Scholar8200(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
oracle2012:
1.not everyone can pass through the purifying fire of purgatory as some go to heaven directly after death as the case with the good thief.
What made the thief on the cross good? Since his faith in Christ earned him a purgatory-waiver and made him fit for a one-way Heaven ticket, then how come you say those who likewise believe on Jesus may still need extra purging when what they did is the same as what the thief did?

2.not every one can attain holiness without which none can see God ,hence the bible speaks as in this article those who will be purified as if by fire.others would be purified by the blood of the lamb ,especially those who don't need to go to purgatory.
Why will only a special group be purified by the Blood?!
By what means do those that attain holiness attain it? Is the resource available for all? The Bible passage you are referring to talks of the works to be rewarded, not the soul! Besides, the activities described in 1 Corinth 3:13-15 will take place on a day when the Lord will reward the works of the believers done while they were on Earth meaning the passage refers not to salvation/purification but our works!
Let's see:

If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved--even though only as one escaping through the flames.
1 Corinth 3:15
Meaning that person whose works will be burnt up will not be expelled from Heaven but will be like the thief on the cross- died without any service to be rewarded!

3.the belief in purgatory leads one to try his best to avoid it ,hence the person would put more effort into going to heaven and avoiding the slightest offense against God.
On the contrary, it encourages moral laxity because, "afterall I will eventually be admitted to Heaven unlike the Heaven or Hell option!"
Moreover, Jesus spoke about the Broad and Narrow Way, on which do the purgatory inmates travel on Earth?
Is the doctrine of Purgatory not a smart (but rather deceptive) way of assuring some Broadway travellers that there is a remedial class that will eventually see them being admitted into the destination of the travellers on the Narrow way?!

4.the existence of purgatory was believed by all Christians for thousands of year until martin Luther broke away from the church.
Doesnt make it right! Why is the NT and all the Epistles by the Apostles silent about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Jessicha(f): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
They both belive in an intermediate state for the dead .

Catholic = purgatory ( where they will be before going to heaven)

Protestants purgatory = Abraham Bossom . ( where they will be before going to heaven) .

Both refers to an intermediate state .

The protestants can never leave the footstep of their mother , the Catholic Church .

2 Likes

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
I only Smh at the level at which Catholics walk in darkness! The deceptions in their teachings are worse than that of the Quran grin On a more serious note, these people are NOT followers of the teaching of Jesus Christ. It's another religion entirely grin LOL

Well, that's what happens when you don't study your Bible...It's written;

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Anas09: 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
Stuff like this makes Catholics don't study the Bible for themselves, if they do, their idealogies will be Shattered.
I mean, can the Op seriously say he is a Christian? A Bible following, Holy Spirit led Christian? Like really? Thank God they refer to it as "The Catholic Religion", for that's what it is, a religion.
Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by btoks: 4:32am On Oct 03, 2015
Anas09:
Stuff like this makes Catholics don't study the Bible for themselves, if they do, their idealogies will be Shattered.
I mean, can the Op seriously say he is a Christian? A Bible following, Holy Spirit led Christian? Like really? Thank God they refer to it as "The Catholic Religion", for that's what it is, a religion.
Catholics study the bible and do it with the Church's guidance as it's always been. The church is the pillar and foundation of truth.
It is the same church that decided what the bible is, not individuals deciding for themselves. Jesus never said oya everybody take your bible and decide yourself.He left a guiding church(guided by the holy spirit)
Talking about ideologies, it is the inumerable protestant denominations that teach doctrines based on each pastor's interpretation.

Please go back to Acts 15 to understand how the church has always worked. It declares the correct teaching for all the faithful . Purgatory is one of those teachings just like Trinity, the books of the bible,communion of saints etc
Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by btoks: 4:54am On Oct 03, 2015
DoubleDeeX:
I only Smh at the level at which Catholics walk in darkness! The deceptions in their teachings are worse than that of the Quran grin On a more serious note, these people are NOT followers of the teaching of Jesus Christ. It's another religion entirely grin LOL

Well, that's what happens when you don't study your Bible...It's written;

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Will you also class the catholic canonisation of the bible as a deception? How do you even know that the book of Timothy is scripture?
You've outrightly decided that catholics are not followers of Jesus. At what church council was this confirmed?
You've got your own understanding of what christianity is but that doesn't mean it's correct.
Every teaching of the church has been disputed by one group or another but the truth has still got to be taught no matter how absurd it sounds.
Jesus is God - some denominations don't believe this.
God is a Trinity- some denominations don't believe this.
Likewise,the teaching on Purgatory.
How does one discern the truth?
Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 03, 2015
btoks:

Will you also class the catholic canonisation of the bible as a deception? How do you even know that the book of Timothy is scripture?
You've outrightly decided that catholics are not followers of Jesus. At what church council was this confirmed?
You've got your own understanding of what christianity is but that doesn't mean it's correct.
Every teaching of the church has been disputed by one group or another but the truth has still got to be taught no matter how absurd it sounds.
Jesus is God - some denominations don't believe this.
God is a Trinity- some denominations don't believe this.
Likewise,the teaching on Purgatory.
How does one discern the truth?

The truth is discerned by the holy spirit! If you don't have Him in you, you would never understand the things of God. For you not to know that everything that has to do with the compilation of the Bible we study today was programmed by God Himself shows that you are spiritually blind. Do you think God will abandon His word when the scriptures says "He honors His word above all His names" (Psalm 138:2)?

Many are called but only a few are chosen...Any teaching that is contrary to the teachings of the early Apostles as compiled in today's general Bible is not from the spirit of God; it doesn't matter who compiled the Bible because God can use anybody to do His will. Have you ever wondered why those who compiled the Bible never added those Catholic doctrines and traditions in it even when the had the power to do so? With their so-called papal infallibility, the Catholic Church would have easily smuggled anything they wanted into the Bible but the Lord never allowed it because he was using them for His purpose.

God uses whoever He wants, at any given time for His purpose....He created all things for his pleasure, His counsel shall stand and He will do His will. Even unbelievers are used for God's purpose...Just like he used King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon to enslave the Israelites for their disobedience and King Cyrus to free them (After 70 years in captivity).

This was what he said of Nebuchadnezzar an unbeliever King through the Prophet Jeremiah;

Jeremiah 26:7 read to v9

And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.

Some of us are "revelated"....without the spirit of revelations you would never understand the things of God! To you the book of Timothy is an "ordinary book" but the spirit of truth in me knows that it's the word of God! You Catholics err too much for thinking that God would abandon His word to a point that no one would recognize which is "truth"....whatever is inspired by men would show its carnal nature but that which comes from God is like fire that consumes, like hammer that breaks a rock in pieces and sharper than any two edged sword...

This was what he said of Cyrus (An unbeliever King);

Isaiah 45:13

I will raise up Cyrus to fulfill my righteous purpose, and I will guide his actions. He will restore my city and free my captive people without seeking a reward! I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!"

His purpose for raising the Pharoah of Egypt in the time of Moses;

Exodus 9:16

And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

In conclusion;

Proverbs 16:4

The LORD has made all things for himself : yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Anything contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ, early Apostles and Prophets of old is not of God....They are the foundation of the entire household of God, Jesus Himself being the chief cornerstone. The Lord Changeth NOT!

Shalom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by btoks: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

The truth is discerned by the holy spirit! If you don't have Him in you, you would never understand the things of God. For you not to know that everything that has to do with the compilation of the Bible we study today was programmed by God Himself shows that you are spiritually blind. Do you think God will abandon His word when the scriptures says "He honors His word above all His names" (Psalm 138:2)?

Many are called but only a few are chosen...Any teaching that is contrary to the teachings of the early Apostles as compiled in today's general Bible is not from the spirit of God; it doesn't matter who compiled the Bible because God can use anybody to do His will. Have you ever wondered why those who compiled the Bible never added those Catholic doctrines and traditions in it even when the had the power to do so? With their so-called papal infallibility, the Catholic Church would have easily smuggled anything they wanted into the Bible but the Lord never allowed it because he was using them for His purpose.

God uses whoever He wants, at any given time for His purpose....He created all things for his pleasure, His counsel shall stand and He will do His will. Even unbelievers are used for God's purpose...Just like he used King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon to enslave the Israelites for their disobedience and King Cyrus to free them (After 70 years in captivity).

Some of us are "revelated"....without the spirit of revelations you would never understand the things of God! To you the book of Timothy is an "ordinary book" but the spirit of truth in me knows that it's the word of God! You Catholics err too much for thinking that God would abandon His word to a point that no one would recognize which is "truth"....whatever is inspired by men would show its carnal nature but that which comes from God is like fire that consumes, like hammer that breaks a rock in pieces and sharper than any two edged sword...

This was what he said of Cyrus (An unbeliever King);

Isaiah 45:13

I will raise up Cyrus to fulfill my righteous purpose, and I will guide his actions. He will restore my city and free my captive people without seeking a reward! I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!"

His purpose for raising the Pharoah of Egypt in the time of Moses;

Exodus 9:16

And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

In conclusion;

Proverbs 16:4

The LORD has made all things for himself : yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Anything contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ, early Apostles and Prophets of old is not of God....They are the foundation of the entire household of God, Jesus Himself being the chief cornerstone. The Lord Changeth NOT!

Shalom!
So it's the holy spirit that has led to countless contradictory doctrines within the different denominations?and you accuse me of being spiritually blind!!

You believe the catholic church was used to compile the scriptures but you believe the same church is not a follower of Jesus. How do you know it got the scriptures right? Where did you get your information that God used the church?At what point did it stop being God's church?

The church teaches the truth, it has the power to bind and loose .It is this authority that's been used to declare the correct teachings e.g the books of the bible.

You have no guarantee of the Apostles' teachings except the church tells you and all you've stated is just taking things for granted after the centuries of disputes,schisms, councils etc

Believe what you wish but don't think you have the authority or pedigree to decide who is a follower of Jesus or not.

1 Like

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2015
btoks:
So it's the holy spirit that has led to countless contradictory doctrines within the different denominations?and you accuse me of being spiritually blind!!

You believe the catholic church was used to compile the scriptures but you believe the same church is not a follower of Jesus. How do you know it got the scriptures right? Where did you get your information that God used the church?At what point did it stop being God's church?

The church teaches the truth, it has the power to bind and loose .It is this authority that's been used to declare the correct teachings e.g the books of the bible.

You have no guarantee of the Apostles' teachings except the church tells you and all you've stated is just taking things for granted after the centuries of disputes,schisms, councils etc

Believe what you wish but don't think you have the authority or pedigree to decide who is a follower of Jesus or not.

Sorry to disappoint you bro...none of the apostles of Christ was a member of the Roman catholic church or any denomination! Just because the Bible was compiled by the early Catholic Church doesn't mean they wrote or own and have authority over it; which was why they couldn't add their carnal traditions to it because it wasn't written by them. No one has authority over the word of God! It is the word of God that has authority over people.

The early Apostles started many gathering of the gospel of Jesus Christ (Church of Jesus Christ) in different places with the same doctrines and teachings which were all scriptural; the epistles of the apostles were exhortations and explanations of the teachings of Jesus Christ and mysteries of the old tastament which was already in existence as the holy scripture. There was nothing like the Roman Catholic Church and its branches back then...it was Church at...this and that place; with same teachings and doctrines!

Well, believe whatever you want to...I will hold on to the Bible and personal revelations from God, you can hold on to your Catholic doctrines...The end will tell who holds the truth.

Acts 17:11

And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.

^^^

As you can see the scriptures has been in existence before it was compiled. If Apostle Paul's teachings were verified from the scriptures, then I believe it's safe to say the scriptures has authority over all and not the other way round.

I can only Smh at the folly of any man who thinks his Church has authority over the word of Jesus Christ and those of the Prophets of old. Try studying the Bible bro, don't just follow like a zombie...God is in His word! Do not be deceived, salvation is a personal thing!

Shalom!
Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 03, 2015
am a born catholic but am realy confused about the purgartory doctrine....

i dont doubt it but......
Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by btoks: 10:48am On Oct 03, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Sorry to disappoint you bro...none of the apostles of Christ was a member of the Roman catholic church or any denomination! Just because the Bible was compiled by the early Catholic Church doesn't mean the wrote or own and have authority over it; which was why they couldn't add their carnal traditions to it because it wasn't written by them. No one has authority over the word of God! It is the word of God that has authority over people.

The early Apostles started many gathering of the gospel of Jesus Christ (Church of Jesus Christ) in different places with the same doctrines and teachings which were all scriptural; the epistles of the apostles were exhortations and explanations of the teachings of Jesus Christ and mysteries of the old tastament which was already in existence as the holy scripture. There was nothing like the Roman Catholic Church and its branches back then...it was Church at...this and that place; with same teachings and doctrines!

Well, believe whatever you want...I will hold on to the Bible and personal revelation from God, you can hold on to your Catholic doctrines...The end will tell who has the truth.

Acts 17:11

And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.

^^^

As you can see the scripture has been in existence before it was compiled. If Apostle Paul's teachings were verified from the scriptures, then I believe it's safe the say the scriptures has authority over all and not the other way round.

I can only Smh at the folly of any man who thinks his Church has authority over the word of Jesus Christ and those of the Prophets of old. Try studying the Bible bro, don't just follow like zombie...God is in His word! Do not be deceived, salvation is a personal thing!

Shalom!

The apostles and early christians were part of the one church that came became known as the catholic church to distinguish it from the heretical gatherings of the time.check st Ignatius(bishop of Antioch) writings from the 1st century.
So the apostles gathered all the scriptures,.where do you find this and how do you know that Hebrews is scripture for instance? You'll find that the apostles wrote to churches that were already in existence before the NT books were written

Following your point on the Bereans, how come the Tessalonians did not agree with Paul’s teaching after going through the same scriptures in the preceding verses Acts 17:1-10 but tried to put Paul into trouble?? Also,New Testament books were not completed at this point, so the Bereans were looking through the OT. I wonder why the majority of Jews never accepted Jesus as Messiah after all they’ve been reading the Torah for Centuries. This does not even prove that the NT books are scripture .

The church was given the authority to teach what is correct.the declaration of what books make up the bible being one of these truths.
Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by David0(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2015
I just wanted who among this two is actually a christian who studies d Bible and knows where he's heading:

DoubleDeex: Everything he's said, he'd defended using the Bible quotations. Shows he's doing what needed to be done as an individual who wants to make heaven.

btoks: Obviously a Catholic, but never quoted even 1 verse of the Bible to defend his claim. Every thing he's said is based on what he's learnt over time from the church.

I've followed comments and counter comment from this two guys, and my advice to anyone is to understand that making heaven has nothing to do with ur church, ur family, ur pastor, ur bishop, ur career, and so on. It's about u. It's personal 2Tim 4:7, Phil3:14, meaning u must seek the truth from the word of truth(The Bible). Not everything ur pastor tells u has to b right, read ur Bible, ask God for spiritual guidance.

btoks, can u give me any Bible reference that talks about purgatory?

1 Like

Re: BIBLE Truths:what You Should Know About The Souls In Purgatory by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 03, 2015
btoks:

The apostles and early christians were part of the one church that came became known as the catholic church to distinguish it from the heretical gatherings of the time.check st Ignatius(bishop of Antioch) writings from the 1st century.
So the apostles gathered all the scriptures,.where do you find this and how do you know that Hebrews is scripture for instance? You'll find that the apostles wrote to churches that were already in existence before the NT books were written

Following your point on the Bereans, how come the Tessalonians did not agree with Paul’s teaching after going through the same scriptures in the preceding verses Acts 17:1-10 but tried to put Paul into trouble?? Also,New Testament books were not completed at this point, so the Bereans were looking through the OT. I wonder why the majority of Jews never accepted Jesus as Messiah after all they’ve been reading the Torah for Centuries. This does not even prove that the NT books are scripture .

The church was given the authority to teach what is correct.the declaration of what books make up the bible being one of these truths.

Paul was attacked because the Jews thought he was teaching things that were contrary to their tradition, the same way they attacked Jesus Christ. Paul was a Pharisee and also persecuted the followers of Jesus Christ before he was arrested by Jesus Himself and converted...It was through revelations and personal relationship he had with the holy spirit that opened his eyes to the truth. And he never went to the other Apostles but went ahead teaching new converts the same thing they were teaching because he had the same teacher (The Holy spirit) as them!

Galatians 1:15-17

But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not rush to consult with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to the apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia and returned again to Damascus.

^^^

Paul started preaching the same gospel as the other Apostles when he converted before he met any of them because the had the same teacher (The Holy spirit) as them. If you read that scripture down to verse 20 and beyond, you will see where Paul was even saying that God bears him witness that what he was teaching them wasn't a lie! Have you ever wondered why Jesus Christ told his disciples to wait for the comforter (Holy spirit) before they can start evangelism? It's so that the spirit would reveal hidden truth to them and also give them power for signs and wonders! That was why their epistles became the NT because it was the inspiration of the holy spirit!

1 Corinthians 14:37

If anyone considers himself a prophet or spiritual person, let him acknowledge that what I am writing you is the Lord's command.

^^^

So if any Church claims to be the Church of Jesus Christ let them acknowledge that what the early Apostles wrote was God's commandments!

If the Pharisees and teachers of the law were studying their Torah diligently with all sincerity they would have recognized Jesus Christ when he came; because the Prophets of old prophesied of His coming...same way some people who are busy claiming that their Church has authority over the word of God would miss the rapture when Jesus Christ returns.

Leave your Church and all you've learned from her carnal doctrine aside; study the Bible first and ask God to reveal Himself to you and I assure you, you won't miss it! God will lead you to the right place for justification, sanctification and baptism of the holy ghost which are the three works of grace required for salvation.

(1) (Reply)

World’s Oldest Copies Of The Quran Is Online!guess Where It Was Found / Fear Of Atheists / What Is Wisdom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.