Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,047 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Even If Nigeria Breaks..... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even If Nigeria Breaks..... (856 Views)

Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani / If Nigeria Breaks Up, Abuja Will Be A Separate Country – Sumner Shagari Sambo / Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even If Nigeria Breaks..... by pipeewa(m): 11:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
I have watched with interest the clamour of our dearly beloved south east brothers for a Biafra nation. I wonder why some of us will call them names because they feel cheated in being part of a nation that seem to be going no where after 45years of independence. I don't think it is a crime for a people to seek revolution and a country that feels like home to them when they feel marginalized in the sharing of the big national cake. Nigeria is not fighting a war where we would preach of not being divided. But every sensible mind should think about this. Nigerians are united in sports. Nobody feels marginalized representing Naija then even our so called biafran warlords. We all celebrate our victories and cry against our loss. How does that work for us. Nigerians unite in corruption. We all are corrupt in one way or the other and some people cry foul when they feel they don't get enough or stolen as much as the other tribes. What a drama.

So let's us look at our scenario.

We instituted corruption in all spheres of life and government. We shield corrupt men who are brothers and celebrate them when they dole out stipends to us not making them accountable for their stewardship. We cry witch hunting when a corrupt officer is tried as long as he or she is our brother. We elect inexperienced hands who got things wrong, bastardized our institutions and made wrong decisions most of the time but instead of making amendments we shouted for them to continue. Who gives a total failure second chance in their own company even if it were your son or brother you will ask him to step aside and watch.

It seems this epidemic called corruption and stealing is woven into our skin so we don't repel it. It lives with us.
We should kill this disease first before breaking away. In 45years of independence we have been choosing regional and state leaders and none of them have been able to make good decisions to better the lot of their region and people. None of them parading themselves as leaders of the tribes now will not still be able to do well in the new heaven we are trying to build. We have tested them all. What have they done with the little they got. They stacked them in foreign lands. It will just be an avenue to steal more same story another day another country.
So even if Nigeria breaks today, will each tribe be able to choose a good leader, will corruption stop and people stop to shield corrupt people? Are we going to channel our resources towards nation building and people development?
Will each new country be able to feature better leaders than we have now and their well wishers who shut opposition down when they are accused or tried?
Even if Nigeria breaks today, will the South east brothers leave their businesses behind in Lagos and move their houses to the east claiming they are hated by the Yorubas. Will they stop transacting with these same people they claim don't love them. Truth is the eastern manufacturing companies will only thrive on the large population of Nigeria.
Each tribe is blessed by nature with so many beautiful features and minerals embedded in the crust of our earth. So no need of depending on other's resources. We are just being killed by laziness. If Nigeria breaks we are all going to survive but I don't advocate breaking sha. So let us come together as a people and make better decisions to choose able leaders by our power and make them accountable. Nigerian youths are powerful to change the situation of our county for the better If we start now. Long live Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Even If Nigeria Breaks..... by NOBODYY: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
If i told u i read this
I swear i lied...
Re: Even If Nigeria Breaks..... by DaBullIT(m): 4:29am On Sep 29, 2015
They are still licking the plate of National cake dem never ready to commot
Re: Even If Nigeria Breaks..... by EasternLionn: 6:02am On Sep 29, 2015
Rubbish.
Re: Even If Nigeria Breaks..... by ArodewilliamsT: 6:52am On Sep 29, 2015
pipeewa:
[s]
I have watched with interest the clamour of our dearly beloved south east brothers for a Biafra nation. I wonder why some of us will call them names because they feel cheated in being part of a nation that seem to be going no where after 45years of independence. I don't think it is a crime for a people to seek revolution and a country that feels like home to them when they feel marginalized in the sharing of the big national cake. Nigeria is not fighting a war where we would preach of not being divided. But every sensible mind should think about this. Nigerians are united in sports. Nobody feels marginalized representing Naija then even our so called biafran warlords. We all celebrate our victories and cry against our loss. How does that work for us. Nigerians unite in corruption. We all are corrupt in one way or the other and some people cry foul when they feel they don't get enough or stolen as much as the other tribes. What a drama.

So let's us look at our scenario.

We instituted corruption in all spheres of life and government. We shield corrupt men who are brothers and celebrate them when they dole out stipends to us not making them accountable for their stewardship. We cry witch hunting when a corrupt officer is tried as long as he or she is our brother. We elect inexperienced hands who got things wrong, bastardized our institutions and made wrong decisions most of the time but instead of making amendments we shouted for them to continue. Who gives a total failure second chance in their own company even if it were your son or brother you will ask him to step aside and watch.

It seems this epidemic called corruption and stealing is woven into our skin so we don't repel it. It lives with us.
We should kill this disease first before breaking away. In 45years of independence we have been choosing regional and state leaders and none of them have been able to make good decisions to better the lot of their region and people. None of them parading themselves as leaders of the tribes now will not still be able to do well in the new heaven we are trying to build. We have tested them all. What have they done with the little they got. They stacked them in foreign lands. It will just be an avenue to steal more same story another day another country.
So even if Nigeria breaks today, will each tribe be able to choose a good leader, will corruption stop and people stop to shield corrupt people? Are we going to channel our resources towards nation building and people development?
Will each new country be able to feature better leaders than we have now and their well wishers who shut opposition down when they are accused or tried?
Even if Nigeria breaks today, will the South east brothers leave their businesses behind in Lagos and move their houses to the east claiming they are hated by the Yorubas. Will they stop transacting with these same people they claim don't love them. Truth is the eastern manufacturing companies will only thrive on the large population of Nigeria.
Each tribe is blessed by nature with so many beautiful features and minerals embedded in the crust of our earth. So no need of depending on other's resources. We are just being killed by laziness. If Nigeria breaks we are all going to survive but I don't advocate breaking sha. So let us come together as a people and make better decisions to choose able leaders by our power and make them accountable. Nigerian youths are powerful to change the situation of our county for the better If we start now. Long live Nigeria![/s]

The Biafrans do not hate anyone they just want to be left alone. Do yorubas in Benin republic hate yorubas in nigeria? Don't they still do business together?
Biafrans know the stakes are high, and the world will expecting them to emerge as the African world power in a devoids docile bloodthirsty abduls and lateefs.

Let Biafra perch, let Arewa-Oduastan perch too, but on their own trees. May 'Nigger area' dissolve, the fate of Africa depends on it's dissolution.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obama Says Russian Airstrikes Will Only Strengthen ISIS / BREAKING: Chief Edwin Clark Dumps PDP, Vows Not To Join APC / What Is The Best Caption For This Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.