Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,752 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA (1266 Views)

"Release Nnamdi Kanu's Corpse If You Have Killed Him"- Kanu's Brother Tells Army / IGP Ibrahim K Idris, Meets With Squadron Commanders Of NPF / Militant Leader And His Commanders Killed In Rivers (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by HungerBAD: 4:07am On Sep 29, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that many commanders of the once dreaded Islamist sect, Boko Haram, have been killed or captured by government troops.

While addressing the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York on a sub-topic he called ‘Peace’, Buhari noted that activities of Boko Haram was against Islam and that their campaign was against the weak.

“Peace, Mr. President, is close to the hearts of Nigerians, as we are in the front line in the war on terror. Boko Haram’s war against the people of Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon may not attract as much worldwide attention as the wars in the Middle East but the suffering is just as great and the human cost is equally high.

“This is a war about values between progress and chaos; between democracy and the rule of law. Boko Haram celebrates violence against the weak and the innocent and deplorably, they hide behind their perverted interpretation of Islam. Boko Haram is as far away from Islam as any one can think of.

Many of my colleagues attending this forum would want to know how our new government intends to tackle the huge problems the government has inherited. Friends of Nigeria and foreign investor partners will be encouraged to know that the new Government is attacking the problems we inherited head-on.

Buhari then outlined his agenda for employment in Nigeria. “We intend to tackle inequalities arising from massive unemployment and previous government policies favouring a few people to the detriment of the many. We intend to emphasize quality technological education for development and lay foundation for comprehensive care of the aged, the disadvantaged and the infirm. But for now terrorism is the immediate problem.

He afterwards stated the achievement of his government. “Accordingly, Mr. President, Members of the General Assembly, the new Nigerian Government which I have the honour to head, moved with dispatch to put in a bold and robust strategy to defeat Boko Haram.

Nigeria and her neighbours Cameroon, Chad and Niger plus Benin are working together to face this common threat within the regional framework of the Lake Chad Basin Commission. We have established a multinational joint task force to confront, degrade and defeat Boko Haram.

We have driven them away from many of their strongholds, killed or captured many of their operatives or commanders and freed several hundreds of hostages.

“Mr. President, one of our major aims is to rescue the Chibok girls alive and unharmed. We are working round the clock to ensure their safety and eventual reunion with their families. Chibok girls are constantly on our minds and in our plans,” he said of the over 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/09/29/we-have-killed-captured-commanders-of-boko-haram-buhari-tells-unga/

1 Like

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by temitemi1(m): 4:15am On Sep 29, 2015
Which of the commanders is this liar talking abt embarassed

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by BALLOSKI: 4:21am On Sep 29, 2015
He say it as it is ; buhari doesn't lie.

1 Like

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by BALLOSKI: 4:23am On Sep 29, 2015
temitemi1:
the guy with an agbero hero and a role model, what's this? Did u learn this from your hero too?
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 29, 2015
we pray
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by Tee2902(m): 4:30am On Sep 29, 2015
Gist... shocked
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 29, 2015
As a liar, what do you expect him to say? Did he go to UN meeting to count perceived achievements? As am typing now, I just foresees a fallen iroko tree. Nigeria is going down.
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by likila: 4:57am On Sep 29, 2015
what of all the ones he release?
bubuhari! the father of lies!
dumbass of daura!
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 29, 2015
I believe you absolutely my amiable Presido. God will continue to give you the wisdom to take this country to greater heights for those of us that believe, for those that doesn't wish you well, their palava!

1 Like

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by suxkill: 5:22am On Sep 29, 2015
PMB can lie!!! Federal college of terrorism Sambisa forest...

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 29, 2015
stickncarrot:
As am typing now, I just foresees a fallen iroko tree. Nigeria is going down.
...... Pessimist, i think it will start from your family going all down. Pessimistic wailer.

1 Like

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:42am On Sep 29, 2015
stickncarrot:
As a liar, what do you expect him to say? Did he go to UN meeting to count perceived achievements? As am typing now, I just foresees a fallen iroko tree. Nigeria is going down.
It is your house that's falling down

1 Like

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by jazinogold(m): 5:45am On Sep 29, 2015
embarassed
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by amii131(f): 5:48am On Sep 29, 2015
cheesy

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by Sanchez01: 5:50am On Sep 29, 2015
stickncarrot:
As am typing now, I just foresees a fallen iroko tree. Nigeria is going down.
Holy prophet! I think you should "forsees" and check your grammar before Nigeria'sgrin

2 Likes

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by onyekabe(m): 6:46am On Sep 29, 2015
Boko haram no longer exist in Nigeria. Bravo to PMB
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by cyberdurable(m): 6:54am On Sep 29, 2015
grin
temitemi1:
Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 29, 2015
Sanchez01:

Holy prophet! I think you should "forsees" and check your grammar before Nigeria'sgrin

Hhaaaaaaa! grin

Re: We Have Killed, Captured Commanders Of Boko Haram, Buhari Tells UNGA by ishiamu(m): 7:29am On Sep 29, 2015
temitemi1:

They keep lying like their no tomorrow eeewww

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED! How Dasuki Helped Boko Haram Import Weapons / Lai Mohammed Pays Courtesy Visit To Wole Soyinka (PHOTOS) / How To Identify A Zombie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.