Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Help! He Snores - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! He Snores (1077 Views)

My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night / Help! He Is Blocking My Marriage And Happiness / I Can't Sleep Because My Room Mate Snores Like A 19th Century Motor Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! He Snores by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2015
I was formally working at a branch of a multinational company before I was transferred to another branch out side town. Few months into the new posting,an ex-office mate,with whom, I worked at my former office was deployed to my new branch. On his way coming, he called that he has been asked to come to our branch. After his first day at work,he asked if he can bunk with me as he will be with us for few days. Being an old friend, I said no probs. The issue now is that the guy is fat and snores heavily. I am a very light sleeper and any little sound, will jeer me out of sleep. Sincerely this guy has joined me,I haven't slept. Once it's 12am or 1am, I'll stand up and wouldn't be able to sleep again. He has been with me now for 5 days and in those days, no sleep for me. It seems the company is planning to retain him,and my not sleeping is already affecting me as I sometimes dozes off during meetings. Pls house,what do I do,as I can't house him anymore. How do I tell him without offence.

NB: Mods,in case I miss the right heading kindly assist in moving it there.

Thank you(Only sincere advice,pls)
Re: Help! He Snores by Jackeeh(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2015
I once had a room mate who could shake any building's foundation with his snoring. I needed cash so when he offered to move in with me,I didn't object. I'd wake up many nights frustrated and unable to sleep again till dawn. I'd get up and pinch his nostrils together so he couldn't breath well for some seconds( I wasn't trying to kill him. I was desperate). So don't judge me. he'd wake up,momentarily stop snoring only to resume again with full force. I'd hit him with a broom. He would wake up only to find me pretending to be deeply asleep. He would sit there wondering what hit him only to lie down again and resume with full force. I opted for headphones every night. It didn't work. I talked to him. He apologised. Yet the snoring didn't stop. Finally I was advised to make him sleep without a pillow. Yes. No pillow. Nothing to elevate his head. For the first time since he moved in,I was able to sleep well. Laying his head on a flat surface(no pillow) worked wonders.

5 Likes

Re: Help! He Snores by Laitesmart(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2015
Is he someone worthkeeping awake for? If not... its ur decision
Re: Help! He Snores by zinachidi(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2015
cover his mouth with enough masking tape while he sleeps,, and then cover one of his nostrils with tissue paper(1 oo, not the two nostrils b4 u suffocate him to death).. He won't snore again.
Re: Help! He Snores by Tallesty1(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2015
Oga, a man snore when his balls fall over his a**holes and he vapor-lock.

So what you are gonna do is, go to him while he's snoring.

Unzip his pants and remove his balls from his butt-hole.

But remember, he will think you are ritualist is he catches you...........

3 Likes

Re: Help! He Snores by Jackeeh(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2015
zinachidi:
cover his mouth with enough masking tape while he sleeps,, and then cover one of his nostrils with tissue paper(1 oo, not the two nostrils b4 u suffocate him to death).. He won't snore again.

grin
Re: Help! He Snores by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
Oga, a man snore when his balls fall over his a**holes and he vapor-lock.

So what you are gonna do is, go to him while he's snoring.

Unzip his pants and remove his balls from his butt-hole.

But remember, he will think you are ritualist is he catches you...........

Haba bros! Have you forgotten that I said he is big, don't you think he fit give me blow for mouth?
Re: Help! He Snores by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
zinachidi:

grin
Re: Help! He Snores by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
Jackeeh:
I once had a room mate who could shake any building's foundation with his snoring. I needed cash so when he offered to move in with me,I didn't object. I'd wake up many nights frustrated and unable to sleep again till dawn. I'd get up and pinch his nostrils together so he couldn't breath well for some seconds( I wasn't trying to kill him. I was desperate). So don't judge me. he'd wake up,momentarily stop snoring only to resume again with full force. I'd hit him with a broom. He would wake up only to find me pretending to be deeply asleep. He would sit there wondering what hit him only to lie down again and resume with full force. I opted for headphones every night. It didn't work. I talked to him. He apologised. Yet the snoring didn't stop. Finally I was advised to make him sleep without a pillow. Yes. No pillow. Nothing to elevate his head. For the first time since he moved in,I was able to sleep well. Laying his head on a flat surface(no pillow) worked wonders.

This is not a pillow controlled snoring as he doesn't use pillow yet he snores like a chain saw!
Re: Help! He Snores by yetseyi(f): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
[quote author=egbedore post=38495771]

This is not a pillow controlled snoring as he doesn't use pillow yet he snores like a chain saw![/quote

Chain saw ke loool. I know of a four year old who snores so loud. We had to tell his mum to take him for medical check. It was not funny we were hearing his snores in our rooms from where he and his mum slept.
Re: Help! He Snores by Wenebadu(f): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
zinachidi:
you bad oh,you wan kill am?
Re: Help! He Snores by Wenebadu(f): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
I think he should see a doctor
Re: Help! He Snores by Jackeeh(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
egbedore:

This is not a pillow controlled snoring as he doesn't use pillow yet he snores like a chain saw!

grin grin grin grin @ chainsaw. You better serve him quit notice then. Or maybe he has to work on his weight.
Re: Help! He Snores by Zi: 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
1. Snore free tablets

2. Anti-snore spray

3. Magnetic silicon snore free nose clip

I'm snore occasionally too, so I use number 3 when I have to sleep with someone in the same room smiley
Re: Help! He Snores by cococandy(f): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
Buy earplugs

1 Like

Re: Help! He Snores by yougosee: 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
Zinachidi please for the love of God, edit your post. There are juveniles and unintelligent peeps on this forum too, they will take your advice and cover both nostrils angry

(1) (Reply)

Married But Separated / Anger Management - How Do You Manage Anger? / What Do U Think About This Picture, A Hit Or Miss On Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.