Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki (2168 Views)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi / Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by olillywales(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
Senate President Bukola Saraki Tuesday hinted that those who are expecting him to throw in the towel may have to wait till eternity as that would amount to allowing external forces to have their way.

Mr. Saraki who was addressing his colleagues at the resumption of plenary after six weeks recess, said he would not be a party to subversion of separation of powers as enshrined in Nigeria’s constitution.

He therefore, commended President Muhammadu Buhari, “for refusing to interfere in the election of the National Assembly leadership, even in the face of enormous pressures on him to do so. He has proven quite concretely that he is indeed a born-again democrat.”

His words, “Distinguished Senators, I believe you have all followed with keen interest, my trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal. I shall avoid discussing the details of that case here for obvious reasons.

“Meanwhile, I wish to reiterate my remarks before the Tribunal, that I have no iota of doubt that I am on trial today because I am the president of the Nigerian Senate, against the wishes of some powerful individuals outside this Chambers.

“But what is clear to me also, is that the laws of Nigeria, and the rules of the National Assembly give consideration only to the wishes and desires of those of you who are here today as members of the Senate, to elect as you wish, one of your peers as President of the Senate.
Advertisement

“This, in your wisdom, is what you have done by electing me to be the first among all of you who are my equals. The laws of Nigeria do not give any consideration to any other forces outside the Senate in the election of its President.

“And to yield the ground on this note is to be complicit in the subversion of democracy and its core principles of separation of powers as enshrined in our constitution.

“Too many people have fought and died for the democracy that we enjoy today. We would not be honouring them and their memories if we allow the sad chapters of our history to continue to repeat themselves like a bad curse.

“As for me, I am prepared to do my duty in defence of our democracy and in safeguarding the independence of the National Assembly. My duty, as I see it, is to do justice and honour to the memory of those who have paid even higher prices to give us this democracy and this constitution.

“Primarily as a Senator of the Federal Republic and as Senate President I owe it to this Senate to stand strong in the face of relentless persecution.

“I invite all of you to stand with me to defend this Senate and preserve its sanctity. Ultimately, our legacies would not be defined by how long we stay here and in whatever position; but by what we did with this great opportunity that our people have given us by the grace of Almighty God.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/09/i-wont-resign-as-senate-president-saraki.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by donTbone(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
.“As for me, I am prepared to do my duty in defence of our democracy and in safeguarding the independence of the National Assembly. My duty, as I see it, is to do justice and honour to the memory of those who have paid even higher prices to give us this democracy and this constitution.

If truly he is ready for justice, why cant he just save him self some time by resigning?
#mythought

“I invite all of you to stand with me to defend this Senate and preserve its sanctity

bros, you not the only one eligible to defend and preserve it faa!
If you cant be transparent with your assets, then where is the preservation coming from

All I want is justice. You are not guilty, you ride on... you are guilty, you surrender those assets!
Sinece the beginning, you've not even countered the allegations! I means, Nigerians are not Dumb again! angry

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by benedictnsi(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Lolllzzz...... Supported grin
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by ORACLE1975(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Eh
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by ibrams(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
na sooo
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
Simple and short

Haters should go to mount Kilimanjaro and do the needful

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by udemejack(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
ohk wait for your butt to be kick out nansix

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by seunmsg(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
Good for him. He should be prepared to defend himself.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
"as long as ameachi makes PMB ministerial list, saraki is fit to rule the senate". Quote me anywhere

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by funlord(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
grin
Oh yes you shall bukky! Either by fire or by force! "Looter vandross" like you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by BlackBaron: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
It's a shame he's failed to counter any of the allegations so far. (No integrity)

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by Ghandi12: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
"Story for the gods".

Dog is man best friend. When it behaves man cares for it but when it goes rabid man chains it down or keeps it away in a cage.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by socialmediaman: 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
When he falls and gets disgraced, who falls with him? Yes, they are using your past against you, but are you guilty of those allegations? Use the honorable path of resignation and save yourself and your name more embarrassment. This is a question of morals, once they dig up your past, just give way in the interest of the office you're holding...

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by mayor2984(m): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
Time will tell.
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
As PMB's handbag Amaechi is still buzzing round the president, then there is no prerogative to remove Saraki on moral grounds

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by omowolewa: 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
Let me observe PMB's body language first.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by socialmediaman: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
OldJohn:
As PMB's handbag Amaechi is still buzzing round the president, then there is no prerogative to remove Saraki on moral grounds

What position is Amaechi holding? Which court of law is he being docked presently?
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by sammyj: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
You can die their if you want to but if found guilty of the charges laid against you, you can continue to run the senate from jail. !!! angry shocked cool

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

What position is Amaechi holding? Which court of law is he being docked presently?

He doesn't have to hold a position. But to see a corrupt man who had many projects abandoned, shut down law courts for months and was a chief sponsor of an electoral campaign with money which obviously his salary can't pay hanging around the president, is a spit on the face to the president and his anti corruption war

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by shakaZuIlu: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
ngeneukwenu shey you dey hear that

she-male mugu

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by kheart(m): 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
Politics is the autoritative witch hunting of percieved witches, saraki is guilty from his body language. Drop ur arrogance cos 90% of Nigerians ll like to see u in kirikiri
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by socialmediaman: 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
OldJohn:

He doesn't have to hold a position. But to see a corrupt man who had many projects abandoned, shut down law courts for months and was a chief sponsor of an electoral campaign with money which obviously his salary can't pay hanging around the president, is a spit on the face to the president and his anti corruption war

No, what is actually a slap on the face of the anticorruption war is that you are asking a sitting senate president who is charged with corruption to continue sitting on that position just because others haven't been caught.
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by tomakint: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
funlord:
grin

Oh yes you shall bukky! Either by fire or by force! "Looter vandross" like you!
Lol @ 'Looter Vandoss' grin cheesy
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by socially4fun: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
When the pressure becomes more intense, he'll take back his words.
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
I agree with all of Saraki's submission
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

No, what is actually a slap on the face of the anticorruption war is that you are asking a sitting senate president who is charged with corruption to continue sitting on that position just because others haven't been caught.
A corrupt person like Ameachi should be made a minister but Senate President should resign? You guys are clowns

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by pharmagba: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
Postponing the evil day. This is not a legislative or solidarity war. It is judiciary and law which respect no one.
It is not because I like or don't like your face it is about towering facts and evidences.
Head or tail it will be difficult to survive. The die is cast, you've decided to fight till you could fight no more trusting God, your arsenal and luck.
Goodluck and let's see
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by okeyley: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
no evil is coming his way
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by omenka(m): 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
I hope he doesn't. Would like to see him convicted and booted out of office by the CCB.
Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

I think the slap comes from the fact that the corrupt Sp is far from the chairman of the anti-corruption war, while corruption personified in the human form of Amaethief is walking around with the president grin grin grin tongue grin grin

Show me your friend............

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

We are supporting Saraki to continue , because Tinubu and all AC N governors supported Atiku to contiue during Atiku vs Obj PTDF era. Have you forgton so soon?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Jailed For Insulting Congo President; How Many Will Be Jailed In Nigeria / Abia: Tinubu, Okorocha Deny Ikpeazu Access / Nigerian React After Played Wrong Anthem For Nigeria Olympic Football Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.