Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,359 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi (25133 Views)

Ben Bruce And El-Rufai Trade Words On Twitter Over Abuja-Kaduna Railway / Photos Of Air Force Helicopters Providing Cover Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway / Amaechi, Sirika Appear Before Senate Over Abuja Airport Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by alcmene: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
ABUJA-Minister of Transport, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi has said that he doesn’t want to resign his appointment on the account of any eventuality that may occur if the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport is not closed down for repairs.

The Minister was responding to the concerns raised by the President of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Frank Udenba-Jacobs, who made a presentation on behalf of the Organised Private Sector (OPS) at the Second Presidential Business Forum, presided over by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday.

The Forum provides a platform to engage and interact with the private sector to inform about the government’s policies, programmes and activities. Ameachi said that the gear of an aircraft belonging to a foreign airline has damaged by the airport tarmac, saying that it was originally meant to last for 20 years but has lasted for 34 years now. He insisted on the closure of the airport to effect the repairs for good of Nigerians.

“We are not going back on closure of Abuja airport. I understand that ‎Lufthansa landed and damaged their gear and has been here for three days. The runaway was built to last for 20 years but it has been in use now for 34 years. “We cannot do it only at night. We don’t want to loose anybody. We are not repairing but re-building. If anything happens you will ask us to resign and we don’t want to resign”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/wont-resign-abuja-airport-closure-ameachi-declares/

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by alcmene: 2:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
Like Jammeh like Amaechi and his lanky employer currently bed-ridden in London hospital.

26 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by blaise00700(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
Here is one of the "Change" agent that subjected us to so much hardship.

Anyone wanna join me for lunch?

37 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by adonbilivit: 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
wallahi mutane basuda kiriki. alhaji Amaechi, ka ci gaba kawai. bura ubansu haters!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by publicenemy(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
No wonder Goodluck Jonathan could not govern this country effectively. sometimes you can't help but wonder what Nigerians really want.

They cry that Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world and its tarnishing our image. If only we can have a president that can tackle corruption Nigeria will be the richest country on earth. Now we have a president tackling corruption and 80% of Nigerians are insulting him.

They cry that Nigeria has no maintenance culture yet an airport is being scheduled for maintenance and they are all crying,then when an air plane crashes as a result of lack of maintenance they will all call for Buhari's head.

We just want to eat our cake and have it.

Nigeria needs leaders like Buhari. A leader strong enough to make unpopular decisions.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by blazetitov: 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
alcmene:
Like Jammeh like Amaechi and his lanky employer currently bed-ridden in London hospital.

What a comment!!

Reasoning faculty is possibly diseased. Of all the things he mentioned which majorly revolve around human lives and safety, all you see is Politics. APC vs PDP, PMB vs GEJ bla bla.... undecided undecided

Also, the topic is misleading. There is a difference between I won't resign and If anything happens you will ask us to resign and we don’t want to resign”

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by obembet(f): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
??

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Bigajeff(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Yahyah Jammeh saga, a lesson for all politician. No status or position be una fada birth right
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by nedu2000(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
You won't resign 'cause you are a black man

4 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by dunkem21(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Africans and their sit tight mentality ..SMH.

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by adonbilivit: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
nedu2000:
You won't resign 'cause thats not what blacks do
Amaechi namu ne
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Jimyn(f): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lion of ibiza abi where them call am
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by gurunlocker: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lol... that's the norms in Naija or Africa, Public office holder no dey resign.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by OnowuOra(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ofeke........that's African style

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by dechriscool(m): 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lamed excuse from a misfit personality who studied English and linguistic but end up having a portfolio to double for minister of transport and Aviation.Where does he have the brain to think engineering.
What's the work of flood light at a construction site?All the construction work done by Julius Berger during the night. How many death has being recorded?
If your fear is to resign at any misfortune that occur during the night work at the airport tarmac.There you lied cos no politicians resign in this country for any death cause directly or indirectly by them.
Recent southern kaduna massacre comes to mind.No body made an attempt to arrest the perpetrator or prosecute the security agencies for lack of prompt respond to arrest the situation

7 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by UnknownT: 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
Considering the amount he invested in this government, getting his ROI may take upto 8years and so he can't resign

5 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by mytime24(f): 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
i dey come
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Lasskeey: 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
grin
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by ifedayor: 3:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
OK
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by ifedayor: 3:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Noted
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by MalcoImX: 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Good man. The little inconvenience of traveling from Kaduna to Abuja is what they don't want. If anything happens they'll be the first to wail as usual.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by phkka1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Amechi may be thinking that he knows it all. When the chips are down, he will come to say, had I known.

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Emeks008(m): 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Resign? That will never happen in Nigeria and Africa at whole. He can ask his son to take over after him if possible. Africa and power are like 5&6

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by holutee(m): 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
If you put the present federal government in charge of the Sahara desert, obviously in 5 years, there 'd be a shortage of sand. Change is here!

6 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Emeks008(m): 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Resign? That will never happen in Nigeria and Africa at whole. He can even ask his son to take over after him if possible. Africa and power are like 5&6
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by maasoap(m): 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
alcmene:
Lanky? Do you have additional adjective to use? He is 74, I hope you get it.
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Bari22: 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
we are behind u lion of ubima, if you neglect the airport wailers will wail, now that you are trying to fix it they are still wailing.

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Frankbaro(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
Amaechi matter don tire me
Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
MalcoImX:
Good man. The little inconvenience of traveling from Kaduna to Abuja is what they don't want. If anything happens they'll be the first to wail as usual.
They don't want to lose their lives, yet they don't want inconvenience for just few weeks.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by voicelez: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
Closure of the only international airport in the FCT is not a welcome development

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi by Sammiejokes(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
amechi ride on even if the closure is for one year ride on, a runway built to last 20years now used for 34 years if major accident occurs all this mofos will shout buhariiiii ooooo. just do your job the way it should be done

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasts President Buhari Over Speech On Plateau Killings / APC To Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming Loss / IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home On October 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.