Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend (2547 Views)

Google Sued By 4.4 Million Iphone Users For Secretly Collecting Data / Prices Of Iphone 7 And Iphone 7 Plus In Nigeria - Jumia, Konga And Slot / Deactivate MTN Music Plus In My Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Techoftoday: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
The new iPhone6s and iPhone6s Plus just smashed last year's record set by the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets, that's according to their maker Apple Inc. The company revealed earlier today through its Chief Executive Officer Timothy Cook that it sold a whooping 13 million new iPhone® 6s and iPhone 6s Plus models in just three days of launch in the United States and other nations on September 25. Thus beating analysts expectations of 12 million.

In the same period last year, Apple revealed that it sold more than 10 million iPhone6 and iPhone 6 handsets and said it was their best opening weekend sales ever. This new feat just shatters any previous first weekend sales results in the Cupertino-based company's history. The Company CEO shared the milestone report in a statement today.

Credit:http://www.wearobo.com/2015/09/apple-sold-13-million-iphone-6s-and.html#sthash.uCwxZxtj.dpuf

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by ThePeacemaker(m): 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
Space booked
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sales were actually disappointing. Higher figures were expected
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Oyetboy(m): 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
how many tecno phantom 5 was sold on its First weekend? grin

3 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by ireneony(f): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
I wish to have an iPhone6s sad
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
ireneony:

Call me by the end of the day bae, I'll send you 145K to go get one. Why? Just because wink
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Hotdiamond(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
How i wish Android os it's as i optimized as ios. most phonrs would be future proof. We wont be needing 12 core processors clocked at 5ghz with 10GB of RAM.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nsonaso(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
I wonder why people still buy that ugly thing despite the Exorbitant price tag.... In deed Apple is enjoying goodwill

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nsonaso(m): 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hotdiamond:
How i wish Android os it's as i optimized as ios. most phonrs would be future proof. We wont be needing 12 core processors clocked at 5ghz with 10GB of RAM.
[b]Do you really know what optimising OS is? No I bet you don't. Because if you do, you will not come to the Internet to spell trash like this...

iOS is optimized,
1. why do older i devices lag when new iOS is released?
2. Why that is only iPad Air and later version supports true multi tasking (I.e split screen)?
3. Why that only iPhone 6s and 6s plus can set video as wallpaper
4. Etc
5. Why don't older i devices have the above features like the newer i devices since your precious little iOS is optimized to run on 1byte RAM and 0.00000001GHz processor

Please let's try to be realistic and be transparent instead of taking sides or judging from what we saw on blogs...

I run iOS 9.1 public beta2 on iPhone 5s 64GB, hope you understand what that means?

I can't remember how many times I've hard restart it as the cause of the phone freezes. sometimes it hangs even in Opera Mini.. Etc. iOS has it flows too (But am not bothered because I know the programs that am running on the phone)

I have HTC One that I don't use frequently, only play music make calls nd install some lite Apps (I can't remember the last time it hang nor freezes)

Or my GiONEE M2 that I only use for tethering ( never hang nor freeze for a day)

Even my HP laptop with 8GB RAM, core i5 lags when I over load it.

Let's be realistic and transparent.... Lagging depends on the programs you install

Note: Is not that am talking sides, you check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2574948/please-what-exactly-people-iphones I wrote cool things about iOS (Am just being transparent saying the truth) and I know a lot of Apple fans will be so pained but am sorry if I broke anybody's heart
[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Chidexter(m): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Overrated piece of Technology
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Chidexter(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
ireneony:

If horses were wishes, beggars would ride.

Dont wish, act on it.
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Chidexter(m): 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
Even if apple release an iphone that has 512mb ram and 1gig rom, it will still smash expectations,......

Seriously it has come to that.
Mtcheew
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by jmichlins(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
[quote author=Nsonaso post=38508867][b]Do you really know what optimising OS is? No I bet you don't. Because if you do, you will not come to the Internet to spell trash like this...

iOS is optimized,
1. why do older i devices lag when new OS is released?
2. Why that is only iPad Air and later version supports true multi tasking (I.e split screen)?
4. Etc
5. Why don't older i devices have the above features like the newer i devices
guy only you get all those devices, hope you don get C of O if not, your on a long thing. please before you tell me that it is your money, this is nigeria where the only sustainable investment is a landed property .even a change in government can tumble the stock market, your not guaranted of ordinary pension not to mention gratiuty. even job security no dey. i hope to see a better and prosperous nigeria but until then, i will live the way life turns out now.
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Hotdiamond(m): 1:37am On Sep 30, 2015
Nsonaso:
[b]Do you really know what optimising OS is? No I bet you don't. Because if you do, you will not come to the Internet to spell trash like this...

iOS is optimized,
1. why do older i devices lag when new OS is released?
4. Etc
5. Why don't older i devices have the above features like the newer i devices since your precious iOS is optimized to run on 1byte RAM and 0.00000001GHz processor

Please let's try to be realistic and be transparent instead of taking sides or judging from what we saw on blogs...

I run iOS 9.1 public beta2 on iPhone 5s 64GB, hope you understand what that means?

I can't remember how many times I've hard restart it as the cause of the phone freezes. sometimes it hands even in Opera Mini.. Etc. iOS has it flows too (But am not bothered because I know the programs that am running on the phone)

I have HTC One that I don't use frequently, only play music make calls nd install some lite Apps (I can't remember the last time it hang nor freezes)

Or my GiONEE M2 that I only use for tethering ( never hang nor freeze for a day)

Let's be realistic and transparent.... Lagging depends on the programs you install
[/b]
Relax. No need to write a book. If you don't know anytin just read and pass.

5 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nsonaso(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2015
Hotdiamond:

Is not about what is written on paper... We're talking about reality
Check the screen shots below

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2015
Nsonaso:

iOS is optimized,
4. Etc
5. Why don't older i devices have the above features like the newer i devices since your precious little iOS is optimized to run on 1byte RAM and 0.00000001GHz processor

I can't remember how many times I've hard restart it as the cause of the phone freezes. sometimes it hangs even in Opera Mini.. Etc. iOS has it flows too (But am not bothered because I know the programs that am running on the phone)

[/b]

Can't believe you came on the Internet to write this. smh

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2015
dmyke:

where did you expect him to write it? on paper and post it to u?

6 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Elxandre(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2015
interesting
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nsonaso(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2015
dmyke:

Yeah, I know you never believed that someone someday will come clean to say the truth. (In deed the truth they say is so bitter ) Instead of joining others to paint iOS white and paint Android black I decided to say the truth. Please am sorry if I broke your heart

3 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 30, 2015
Nsonaso:

iOS is optimized,
4. Etc

Note: Is not that am talking sides, you check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2574948/please-what-exactly-people-iphones I wrote cool things about iOS (Am just being transparent saying the truth) and I know a lot of Apple fans will be so pained but am sorry if I broke anybody's heart
[/b]
I updated to ios 9 and has been lagging for awhile now. Whatsapp is always misbehaving so also various apps like snapseed etc

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by LordReed(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2015
Nsonaso:

iOS is optimized,
4. Etc

[/b]

Thank you jor! All these people perpetuating iOS myths like gospel truths need an education in real world experience with Apple devices. I have an iPad and would take it over an android tablet but I won't touch an iPhone or a Mac.
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by LordReed(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2015
Hotdiamond:

You are the one who knows nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2015
LordReed:

Thank you jor! All these people perpetuating iOS myths like gospel truths need an education in real world experience with Apple devices. I have an iPad and would take it over an android tablet but I won't touch an iPhone or a Mac.

Thats whats up bro. They make it look like its a device made in heaven so its perfect and won't come to say its problems cos that would dent its high price tag

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by martineverest(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
U av started again o...guess u saw google launchd pixel c( surface pro wannabe) yesterday..the keyboard is overpriced like ipad pro's.
ollah1:

Thats whats up bro. They make it look like its a device made in heaven so its perfect and won't come to say its problems cos that would dent its high price tag
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
martineverest:
U av started again o...guess u saw google launchd pixel c( surface pro wannabe) yesterday..the keyboard is overpriced like ipad pro's.

What did i start? lol, where did you read me talk about the latest products from Google? I'm waiting
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by martineverest(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
Apple bashing
ollah1:

What did i start? lol, where did you read me talk about the latest products from Google? I'm waiting

1 Like

Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
martineverest:
Apple bashing

how did i start Apple bashing? i didn't create the thread. I didn't upload images regarding iOS 9 crashing. I didn't talk about having iDevices crashing on iOS 9. How did i bash them then?
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by dival247(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
ICLOUD UNLOCK SOLUTION 24/48 HOURS 100% WORKING AND TESTED IPHONE,/5G/5C/5S/6G&6+ IPAD,IPOD
DONT MISS OUT
EMAIL DR101TECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Hotdiamond(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nsonaso:

Is not about what is written on paper... We're talking about reality
Check the screen shots below
Your own case could be isolated.
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
LordReed:

It's the other way bro. The Mac is what you should have and never bother about the pad or phone. Why would I say so? Performance wise, you can enjoy the best of both worlds with aa Mac and for cost, it was way more value for the cost than most laptops in same price bracket.

Anyway, to each his own!
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by iker: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2015
Nsonaso:
I wonder why people still buy that ugly thing despite the Exorbitant price tag.... In deed Apple is enjoying goodwill

lol, you and your sufferman sense
Re: Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 01, 2015
Nsonaso:
Yeah, I know you never believed that someone someday will come clean to say the truth. (In deed the truth they say is so bitter ) Instead of joining others to paint iOS white and paint Android black I decided to say the truth. Please am sorry if I broke your heart

For your mind now, you said the truth abi? It is a fact that iOS is much more optimized for Apple hardware than Android is for Android hardware. There can be no argument about this. Even Pichai will tell you same. Last year's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus had just 1gb of ram each. Just 1gb! Yet they ran smoother than most (if not all) Android flagships. That's optimisation. Doesn't mean the iPhone is better than Android phones. Just means it's better optimized (which is hardly surprising seeing as Apple controls everything top down).

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Defence Of My Tecno W4. / Get 2,000naira With Just N100 On Airtel Network / Anticipate The Fast And Furious!! Infinix Note 4 #takecharge Leaked Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.