Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. (2576 Views)

Amazing Photo Of Trousers Been Used As Vase For Growing Flowers (photos) / Buy Fresh Exotic Fruits In Lagos And Have Them Delivered To You / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
Please i would like to know how cold Nsukka can be and if it is favorable for apples and vines to thrive there. Is it a jos kind of climate?
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by christejames(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
I don't think its as cold as Jos climate (don't even know how the climate in Jos feels like) but the weather in Nsukka is favourably mild especially around the hilly valleys, its not as harsh as normal weather elsewhere around Nigeria that I have been to (not even Enugu that is situated south of the town)... I have never seen or heard about grape being cultivated in NSK, not even from the agriculture faculty of UNN, although the faculty has this greenhouse where I believe most of this low temperature crops are cultivated (I am not in the faculty though). #my token!!!
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
christejames:
I don't think its as cold as Jos climate (don't even know how the climate in Jos feels like) but the weather in Nsukka is favourably mild especially around the hilly valleys, its not as harsh as normal weather elsewhere around Nigeria that I have been to (not even Enugu that is situated south of the town)... I have never seen or heard about grape being cultivated in NSK, not even from the agriculture faculty of UNN, although the faculty has this greenhouse where I believe most of this low temperature crops are cultivated (I am not in the faculty though). #my token!!!

i heard during the harmattan, it can dip as low as 20 degrees c at night, that's cold man
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by asha80(m): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
willow0802:

i heard during the harmattan, it can dip as low as 20 degrees c at night, that's cold man
20 degrees Celsius is not cold...from 16 downwards then you are talking
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
asha80:
20 degrees Celsius is not cold...from 16 downwards then you are talking

Actually it can dip as low as that... Check the 2014 weather report for nsukka from accuweather

Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by christejames(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
willow0802:

...not just during the Hamarttan, on normal days (apart from the heat period of February-march) the temperature is always cold; coming down very low at night. During Hamarttan its triples the normal low temperature especially at night...
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
christejames:
...not just during the Hamarttan, on normal days (apart from the heat period of February-march) the temperature is always cold; coming down very low at night. During Hamarttan its triples the normal low temperature especially at night...

then nsukka needs massive development, it should be a city for prime real estate. considering the weather, which of course is pretty rare in Nigeria, im considering investing in enugu when its ripe for me, as an architect and business man. nsukka can be a great place to build mansions, i mean prime mansions where the rich can always vacate to when needs be. oh i love Her greenery + her semi temperate climate (my be i'm wrong) , with the way enugu is developing, in few years time, we all as Nigerians will be proud to have her amongst our beautiful cities.

Imagine having this modern house in nsukka, her undulating lanscape, Rolling hills and Greenery, oh la la. this will be a new trend when the right people think in this direction.

Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by christejames(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
willow0802:

then nsukka needs massive development, it should be a city for prime real estate. considering the weather, which of course is pretty rare in Nigeria, im considering investing in enugu when its ripe for me, as an architect and business man. nsukka can be a great place to build mansions, i mean prime mansions where the rich can always vacate to when needs be. oh i love Her greenery + her semi temperate climate (my be i'm wrong) , with the way enugu is developing, in few years time, we all as Nigerians will be proud to have her amongst our beautiful cities.

Imagine having this modern house in nsukka, her undulating lanscape, Rolling hills and Greenery, oh la la. this will be a new trend when the right people think in this direction.

Quote me anywhere.
LOL!!! NSK currently is developing rapidly in terms of private properties, there is this new area on a hill/escarpment opposite the old GRA, just around ugwuawara (where the finest hotels in that town are located), the kind of mansions and duplex individuals are building there no one needs to tell you that that place is sort of the new GRA. Nsk is developing as a fast pace through the help of affluent individuals... The town has two housing estate own by the state govt; one at Obukpa layout while the other is at Echara layout close to Umuakashi industrial layout... The major problem in the town is poor state of public infrastructures especially roads...
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
christejames:
LOL!!! NSK currently is developing rapidly in terms of private properties, there is this new area on a hill/escarpment opposite the old GRA, just around ugwuawara (where the finest hotels in that town are located), the kind of mansions and duplex individuals are building there no one needs to tell you that that place is sort of the new GRA. Nsk is developing as a fast pace through the help of affluent individuals... The town has two housing estate own by the state govt; one at Obukpa layout while the other is at Echara layout close to Umuakashi industrial layout... The major problem in the town is poor state of public infrastructures especially roads...

With time brother, with time! smiley ... meanwhile let the development continue, i hope to add my own quota to the development of a modern igbo capital.

Please take pictures of the nsukka/ enugu country side, the thread on enugu is not doing much justice to her landscape.. we need to show case and sell enugu to the world positively, Nairaland is not only read by blue blood Nigerians, other people from different parts of the world go thru our threads.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by ahaz: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
willow0802:

Quote me anywhere.
bros i love ur spirit and vision may God bless and give you d resources to accomplish, amen.
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
ahaz:
bros i love ur spirit and vision may God bless and give you d resources to accomplish, amen.

Amen brother, we all want a conducive and modern environment for the next unborn generation.
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by christejames(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
willow0802:

With time brother, with time! smiley ... meanwhile let the development continue, i hope to add my own quota to the development of a modern igbo capital.

Please take pictures of the nsukka/ enugu country side, the thread on enugu is not doing much justice to her landscape.. we need to show case and sell enugu to the world positively, Nairaland is not only read by blue blood Nigerians, other people from different parts of the world go thru our threads.
you are right big brother...
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
christejames:
you are right big brother...

I hope to see more of nsukka pictures from you james.
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by OKKO(m): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
My country home at (Nru) NSUKKA (Enugu State) is at the belle of a hill. At onset of rainy season, it is a bit warm inside the rooms but cool outside. We enjoy evening breezes under a bright moon and shiny scattered stars, at times, at night it would be as bright as a white fluorescent bulb...but at intervals a thick cloud covers the sky leaving us in temporal darkness- as we lie on mats enjoying the natural scenery, if it stays that way for about 15 to 20min, mummy will start waking us to go inside, its about to rain, yes and surely it will start drizlling and the rooms will become cool too.

Hammartan is extremely cold, windy, dusty and dry, mid rainy season is as well cold always. We experience double maxima of rain and a 2 wks August brake!

You may not like the soil, it is predominantly red, dusty and sandy (dirty sheos and fabric a lot) but my area is pebbles all through, it gets very cold in the early morning, punching our bare feet as if it has developed thorns.

An undulating hilly and plateau landscape (yet I have never seen a major erosion), covered with a half-sudan-half-guinea savanna kind of vegetation, (palm) trees and shrubs scattered over an extensive grass land. Oh! my home of orchards- the highest producer of all kind of fruits (apart from our Benue State neighbors) in Nigeria. I regret why we don't have major rivers, coasts or beach- save only River Adada!

Varieties of savanna animals, domestic and wide; of interest to me is various species of birds singing 2 hourly with a nature made roster, to entertain you with a dynamic melody apt for the prevailing weather condition.

Traditional dishes (I once wrote an article of about 80 of them), morals (especially of the girl child), education (home of finest secondary schools and University of Nigeria), cultural heritage (biannual masquerade festivals) religion (christianity and traditional) are all yours. NSUKKA!
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by christejames(m): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
willow0802:

I hope to see more of nsukka pictures from you james.
...i would have loved to but the camera of my phone is bad. Moreover, I'm currently far from Nsk on holiday. Nsk is truly a beautiful town!!!
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by christejames(m): 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
OKKO:
My country home at (Nru) NSUKKA (Enugu State) is at the belle of a hill. At onset of rainy season, it is a bit warm inside the rooms but cool outside. We enjoy evening breezes under a bright moon and shiny scattered stars, at times, at night it would be as bright as a white fluorescent bulb...but at intervals a thick cloud covers the sky leaving us in temporal darkness- as we lie on mats enjoying the natural scenery, if it stays that way for about 15 to 20min, mummy will start waking us to go inside, its about to rain, yes and surely it will start drizlling and the rooms will become cool too.

Hammartan is extremely cold, windy, dusty and dry, mid rainy season is as well cold always. We experience double maxima of rain and a 2 wks August brake!

You may not like the soil, it is predominantly red, dusty and sandy (dirty sheos and fabric a lot) but my area is pebbles all through, it gets very cold in the early morning, punching our bare feet as if it has developed thorns.

An undulating hilly and plateau landscape (yet I have never seen a major erosion), covered with a half-sudan-half-guinea savanna kind of vegetation, (palm) trees and shrubs scattered over an extensive grass land. Oh! my home of orchards- the highest producer of all kind of fruits (apart from our Benue State neighbors) in Nigeria. I regret why we don't have major rivers, coasts or beach- save only River Adada!

Varieties of savanna animals, domestic and wide; of interest to me is various species of birds singing 2 hourly with a nature made roster, to entertain you with a dynamic melody apt for the prevailing weather condition.

Traditional dishes (I once wrote an article of about 80 of them), morals (especially of the girl child), education (home of finest secondary schools and University of Nigeria), cultural heritage (biannual masquerade festivals) religion (christianity and traditional) are all yours. NSUKKA!
nwanne, you have summarized everything one needs to know about Nsk in a single post. Hmmm, Nsukka shir' ike. Abum onye Obukpa...
Re: Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
christejames:
...i would have loved to but the camera of my phone is bad. Moreover, I'm currently far from Nsk on holiday. Nsk is truly a beautiful town!!!

i Hope to visit Enugu before the year runs out, i'll bombard Enugu threads with high definition pictures of her countryside.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need 100kg Of Pure Shea Butter Or Cocoa Butter / I Want To Clear Up 5 Acres / Why We Must Say No To Genetically Modified Food (GM Foods)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.