Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com (76906 Views)

Picture Of Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa'adatu Barkindo-Musdafa / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) / Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by bukatyne(f): 12:26am On Sep 30, 2015
happney65:

But a Dude here in the Southwest Married Omotola then?And omotola was 18 then isnt it?So what the Fuss?..She is an Adult and not a child..Note am not a Fan of Sanusi,but on this he hasnt done anything Bad..Skikena!

And How old was Omotola's husband when he married her?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by 989900: 12:26am On Sep 30, 2015
whizpa:
i don't think there's anything wrong with the marriage. The girl is legal and hence ripe for marriage. However, I think Sanusi's marriage to her is a sham.. Seeeee age difference.. chai!!!! He has sons and daughters that are older than this girl. He talks about consent like we don't know what happens in the north.. The girl had no choice. She can't protest. Consent my foot.

I had a friend in secondary school who was betrothed at age 14, to a man old enough to be called grandpa. This man visits her almost everyday and even complains when he sees her talking to boys. No one understood their relationship and the girl was too ashamed to say it but you could tell by her body language and frown that she hasn't signed up for it. At one point, her father came to school to warn the boys to keep away from her. "She's married and the only thing delaying her ceremony is her secondary education". She was 14 ooooo.. 14.....

Your story here does not do Sanusi any justice. He has only managed to convince me that the girl in question was born to be his wife. He also managed to tell us how the marriage might be political rather the regular lovey-dovey kind(Not that it even matters these days).

So... If you in anyway think the marriage between an 18 Year old girl and a 54 year old man is OK, then ask yourself; How How will they converse? What would they converse about? What exactly is in it for her?? She'll only hear a bell ring notifying her it's 'shag day'. That's the only thing she'd be good for. And even if she gave her consent, how does/can a teenager handle married life.?

Now, As long as i have a brain, i will always be opinionated. If you manage to convince me that a 54 year old man marrying an 18 year old girl is right in all ramification, then i'll be cool and you'll be boss.

Well said, then factor-in when she hits her sexual prime (30-44), how much can an 80 year old Sanusi give then?

I guess they have an arrangement for that . . .
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by babywhite(f): 12:27am On Sep 30, 2015
kishimi8:

Better go find husband you are here talking, Olympus has already fallen, and you still get mouth https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/xwr3glv3six4d9rgdjria50xudfv0rkn1501723
pls o,u Don marry
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by stinggy(m): 12:29am On Sep 30, 2015
OCHOdee:

Haba! You just read my mind ooo... why must a 50+ man marry an 18yr old. seems to me as if he only waited for her to clock 18 before marrying her

Well, I'll say CHOICES.

While some men are weirdly attracted to far older women, some are to far younger ladies.

Allowing the lady to clock 18 before marrying her is commendable, at least she is past consent age.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by seguntijan(m): 12:32am On Sep 30, 2015
This Sanusi and his 18 year old bride ...before one talks about its
rightness or wrongness, a lot of questions have to be answered.
Questions like:
1) Is it legal, moral?
2) Is she mature?
3) Was she forced to marry him?
4) Were you sexually active at 18?
5)Can she vote?
6) Can an 18year old be in love?
7) Can an 18year old handle marriage? coolDoes Omotola who married at 18 have 2
heads?
9) Why are you angry?
10) Do you know Kylie Jenner?
11) Do you know Kylie Jenner is 18, has been dating since 17, is a $ multimillionaire and has her own house?
12) Do you know Jeff who just won Project Fame is 18?
13) Do you know that tech &
other factors has ensured kids get mature/wiser earlier?
14) Do you know ManU's Martial is married and has a child? He is 19.
How old was he when he got married? How old do you think his wife is?
15) Do you know an 18 year old could be more exposed, intelligent, experienced, and a BETTER spouse than some 30
year olds? Before you attack Sanusi or scream # ChildNotBride
, please ask yourself these15 questions and answer them with the
fear of God. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by mhbabanna: 12:32am On Sep 30, 2015
After carefully reading the comments above I observed most of the people commenting against the marriage are be clouded by sentiments, hatred and lack of objective reasoning.
Well we all hv to understand that every society has its own culture and tradition and hating another person's tradition would never make them change there mind least of all the Northerners.
No amount of explanation would change some people's understanding because there brains is configured to be anti north/islam/ hausa/fulani.
Well we are very proud of who and what we are so you should be more concerned with the ills in your own society instead of having sleepless nights over our culture and tradition

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by Niyinficient(m): 12:32am On Sep 30, 2015
generaldagash:

just one state in north guy in everything in life there are odds.. secondly he never said south. he said "There are parts of this country where parents expect their daughters to live with their boyfriends for years and actually get pregnant before they marry"....

Bros, read btw his lines, we all know whr he's referring to by 'parts' of the country, and mind u, I av not been to just one state of the north, dat I served in one doesn't mean I avnt been to others. Sleep well.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by whizpa(m): 12:33am On Sep 30, 2015
989900:

Well said, then factor-in when she hits her sexual prime (34-44), how much can an 80 year old Sanusi give then?

I guess they have an arrangement for that . . .

Abi o??!!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by lastpage: 12:35am On Sep 30, 2015
Sanusi:

The young lady in question gave her free consent and even after the contract the wedding will not happen for a few years. By then she may be 21. If she freely consents to this I do not know on what moral grounds anyone has a grouse. She is an adult, she gave her consent, and her education is not being in anyway interrupted.
The real issue is that people do not accept cultural difference. And you can see it in the approach to these issues. I am supposed to be urbane and western educated. Yes but I am not European. I am a northern Nigerian Fulani Muslim brought up in a setting exactly like the one my children are being brought up in.
If you read this and it improves your understanding of this issue that is fine. If it does not just remember it is not your life, it is not your daughter and you are not my wife therefore it is not your business.

I obviously cannot stoop to the level of responding publicly to these kinds of articles. I have always been an advocate of girls marrying after maturing. I personally like the minimum age of 18 even though I understand those who say 16 is fine and indeed this is the law in most so called advanced countries.

Is this something that I expect a European or western trained or feminist mind to appreciate or endorse? Not at all. But has any American been bothered about my views on men marrying men or women marrying women who frankly I find primitive and bestial? No and my views do not matter. These are cultural issues.

Even in Nigeria I have heard all this stuff as in Pius article about “north” and northerners. Again it is a failure to respect difference. There are parts of this country where parents expect their daughters to live with their boyfriends for years and actually get pregnant before they marry. It has become culture. We do not have that in the north and if your daughter gets pregnant before marriage she brings nothing but shame to the name. But we do not issue condemnations. We agree that this is how they choose to live. And I can give many other examples.

Let us be honest with ourselves and stop being silly and bigoted.

A lot of Under-Grad girls are under 18 and their sexual experience with multiple men is beyond that of a GrandMa in most cases.
Some of them have had serial abortion to-boot!
Some of the ladies ranting here, regularly "CLIMB ARISTOS" that are older than Sanusi, for money! angry undecided undecided
So, whats with these HYPOCRISY?

What are the "criteria for marriage" that Sanusi is expected to adhere to?
Who sets those criterion?
What does Nigerian constitution , or that of the UN Charter, say about Marriage-Age?

Where exactly has Sanusi breached ANY of this criterion/Laws?
Show me and l will take it up with you.

Constitutionally, at 18, the lady is an adult, with universal suffrage and can aspire to ANYTHING, like ANYONE, in life.

Even in Europe and America, at 18yrs, you are responsible to yourself! Jailable for LIFE, if you commit murder! undecided

So, whats the fuse about?

I know that this campaign of calumny, is from a certain part of the country whose stock-in-trade is HATRED for other tribes.

I am a South Western, Christian and as l far as l know, Sanusi has not done ANYTHING against the law (Secular or Spiritual, Christian or Islamic) to justify these attacks.

On the issue of age, the fact is that: as long as both parties are of adult/marriageable age, the age difference between them is INCONSEQUENTIAL

In America, you see a Grandma of 70yrs marrying a 21yr old lad and you are like WTFK! .....but it does not make it bad or unlawful.
When it comes to "two mature adults", LOVE TRANSCENDS AGE DIFFERENCE.
I guess we all know the age difference between someone like George Clooney.. and his wife?
I dont even want to go the way of the warped, perverted, twisted and mentally-deranged Lesbians and Homosexuals, that seems acceptable to you clowns!

Jealousy is also a major factor in all these, especially from most indolent and jobless young people.
But it is not Sanusi's problem that your own parents are not of Royal lineage or put you in "pole-position" to pick and chose! grin grin

The best you can do is to work hard and put your own children at such advantage, if you will take time to spend your own time wisely rather than fuming HATE, FRUSTRATION AND ANGER on Sanusi!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by lastpage: 12:38am On Sep 30, 2015
seguntijan:
This Sanusi and his 18 year old bride ...before one talks about its
rightness or wrongness, a lot of questions have to be answered.
Questions like:
1) Is it legal, moral?
2) Is she mature?
3) Was she forced to marry him?
4) Were you sexually active at 18?
5)Can she vote?
6) Can an 18year old be in love?
7) Can an 18year old handle marriage? coolDoes Omotola who married at 18 have 2
heads?
9) Why are you angry?
10) Do you know Kylie Jenner?
11) Do you know Kylie Jenner is 18, has been dating since 17, is a $ multimillionaire and has her own house?
12) Do you know Jeff who just won Project Fame is 18?
13) Do you know that tech &
other factors has ensured kids get mature/wiser earlier?
14) Do you know ManU's Martial is married and has a child? He is 19.
How old was he when he got married? How old do you think his wife is?
15) Do you know an 18 year old could be more exposed, intelligent, experienced, and a BETTER spouse than some 30
year olds? Before you attack Sanusi or scream # ChildNotBride
, please ask yourself these15 questions and answer them with the
fear of God. Thank you

They are not interested in FACTS.... its just their HATE-FILLED MIND that is playing tricks on their SAW-DUST FILLED brain, if they have one! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by favourlove1: 12:38am On Sep 30, 2015
First he denied nursing plans to get a second wife. Second d age diff is so wide dat I wonder if he would allow such happen to his daughter third, its an arrengi marriage n finally its gono be a master slave kind of union weather he admits it or not n lastly replying at all means he was pained by d public criticisms. Dosent deny d fact that its tax payers money he is gono use to fun her education.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by mine42: 12:41am On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Honestly, the lady is 18 already. Left for me, this will only be an issue if she didn't consent to it. This is different from the case of Oga Yerima

Funny!!!!
Let factor the age bracket.
So, is it right to marry someone u cld give birth to?
For God sake, that young girl cld be his daughter. Haba.
He for marry the girl to any of his young boys now.
There is God o.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by mhbabanna: 12:43am On Sep 30, 2015
msbbash:
them they make noise only because
1.,its in line with Islamic law
2. it an house man who dd
Bt is it not better than all this useless girls on our campuses today , olosho every corner of lagos ?
make una go but Brian.
Bt if to say na 18 yrs girl dey do olosho , that one good ..........
And most of them that patronize brothels specifically look out for 16-18yrs of age bracket.
When there wayward sisters get pregnant at 15 while still in ss1 or 2 dey are married off to the father of the child and that is normal
When there sisters sleep around at 18 it's OK but when a northern girl is married off at that same age it's child abuse. So she rather sleeps around doing more than she could possibly be doing in marriage sexually since when married it's only her husband.
There older sisters stay single at 40 after several abortions for different men who refused to go to the alter with them and that I'd normal.
Every society has its culture and tradition and if the other person looks deeper he's definately going to find ills in it. You must not accept other people's culture and tradition but try to respect it

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by 989900: 12:45am On Sep 30, 2015
mine42:

Funny!!!!
There is God o.

Mallam is not that benevolent -- especially . . . you know na? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by buggaboo: 12:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Well, it's really simple.

If you support him and you don't mind the same for your daughter, fine.

If you support him but don't want the same for your daughter, then you are a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by Dindondin(m): 12:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Nasman:
Nice one my emir. Congratulations on your wedding. As for the wailers no amount of your wailing can make us change our noble cultural values. It better to get marry at 16yrs than to be a prostitute at the same age. Our noble cultural value is not influence by European like yours. Whether you like or not, we will continue upholding our culture anywhere anytime. Don't you think your hatred towards (Fulani/Hausa/Northerners/Muslim) has any influence on our day-to-day activities? We don't give a damn about what you think of us. And it will remain so till the end of time. We have more than centuries long of tradition. Unlike most of u, that your culture started with the coming of Europeans to our shores. The Hypocrisy of southern Nigerians is just funny. Your pathetic #ChildnotBride hasn't yield any positive result, if I were u. I will stop. It like asking the Vatican to be adopt atheism as their official religion. Stop trying to change what can't be change.
of you are mentioning southern Nigeria, be specific and dey look face wella.
Sanusi has a point here. I as a south western believe the girl is also 18 and she's an adult. I v no problem with that. But your fellow northerner Yerima and his paedophile men like married 13 year old girls.
The way I condemn this act is the same way I condemn negative civilization of girls in Nigeria, feminism and homosexuality.

So...take time!
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by mhbabanna: 12:46am On Sep 30, 2015
lastpage:

Let us be honest with ourselves and stop being silly and bigoted.

A lot of Under-Grad girls are under 18 and their sexual experience with multiple men is beyond that of a GrandMa in most cases.
Some of them have had serial abortion to-boot!
Some of the ladies ranting here, regularly "CLIMB ARISTOS" that are older than Sanusi, for money! angry undecided undecided
So, whats with these HYPOCRISY?

What are the "criteria for marriage" that Sanusi is expected to adhere to?
Who sets those criterion?
What does Nigerian constitution , or that of the UN Charter, say about Marriage-Age?

Where exactly has Sanusi breached ANY of this criterion/Laws?
Show me and l will take it up with you.

Constitutionally, at 18, the lady is an adult, with universal suffrage and can aspire to ANYTHING, like ANYONE, in life.

Even in Europe and America, at 18yrs, you are responsible to yourself! Jailable for LIFE, if you commit murder! undecided

So, whats the fuse about?

I know that this campaign of calumny, is from a certain part of the country whose stock-in-trade is HATRED for other tribes.

I am a South Western, Christian and as l far as l know, Sanusi has not done ANYTHING against the law (Secular or Spiritual, Christian or Islamic) to justify these attacks.

On the issue of age, the fact is that: as long as both parties are of adult/marriageable age, the age difference between them is INCONSEQUENTIAL

In America, you see a Grandma of 70yrs marrying a 21yr old lad and you are like WTFK! .....but it does not make it bad or unlawful.
When it comes to "two mature adults", LOVE TRANSCENDS AGE DIFFERENCE.
I guess we all know the age difference between someone like George Clooney.. and his wife?
I dont even want to go the way of the warped, perverted, twisted and mentally-deranged Lesbians and Homosexuals, that seems acceptable to you clowns!

Jealousy is also a major factor in all these, especially from most indolent and jobless young people.
But it is not Sanusi's problem that your own parents are not of Royal lineage or put you in "pole-position" to pick and chose! grin grin

The best you can do is to work hard and put your own children at such advantage, if you will take time to spend your own time wisely rather than fuming HATE, FRUSTRATION AND ANGER on Sanusi!

Lastpage!
Thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by lastpage: 12:48am On Sep 30, 2015
mine42:

Funny!!!!
There is God o.

If you call a woman of 18yrs .... a YOUNG GIRL, then you need to be flogged!

Girl my foot! Did he give birth to her?
Silly excuses here and there.
Why are you people dying of headache, for another man's love! tongue tongue

Lastpage!
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by bukatyne(f): 12:49am On Sep 30, 2015
buggaboo:

If you support him but don't want the same for your daughter, then you are a slowpoke.

grin grin grin
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by lastpage: 12:52am On Sep 30, 2015
buggaboo:

When my own daughter is 18yrs, she is FREE to DECIDE who she wants to marry.
My personal opinion will be secondary ... and for guidance only.

There are 18 -21yrs olds in European Parliament, they dont only decide for themselves, they also decide for their country!

You clowns should focus your attention on more important things and stop pretending to be miffed.

U may not like him but SANUSI has not done anything wrong here

Lastpage!
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by lastpage: 1:01am On Sep 30, 2015
arabianights:

That is not even it, its how he put it clearly!!! her job is to give birth to princes. The educated illiterate.I dont blame him! how can he value a sit he got via dirty politics?

mscheeeew ode oshi

..and what is wrong if a princess married a king... and give birth to other princes and princesses?
Or what do you expect a King to give birth to? ...a non-entity like yourself?
Is procreation not one, if not the most important reason we all marry?

Why are you people so insanely jealous and bigoted that you can even engage your brain anymore?
And you dont like someone for saying the truth, just as it is, right? shocked shocked

The woman herself is off to UK in January, to further her education while you are here wasting your time on Nairaland, crying on behalf of her! grin grin

I did not see where she is complaining if his older age, yet Olosho like you will mount a 70yr old Aristo, if he puts money on the table ... and that is acceptable, right?

Foolish Hypocrites!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by eitsei(m): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2015
Ameerfpi:
This is d civilization we found ourselves, committing adultery b4 18yrs is normal while marriage at the age of 18 is abnormal. God have mercy on our generation.
u rightly said what is in my mind
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by laudate: 1:14am On Sep 30, 2015
48noble:

Did u see what I am saw? Buy ursef a brain!

Guy, take am easy and stop repeating Sanusi's words like a parrot. He has 3 wives already, with a large number of sons and daughters. Why does he need a 4th one? Am not convinced about all that story he has concocted up here. He does not have to marry the girl to establish links or friendship with Adamawa kingdom. His unmarried, single sons can grow up to do that on his behalf.

Look at him still talking about marrying a princess who will give birth to princes, at his age which is over 50! shocked shocked

All the pikin wey im get, never reach??! shocked Chai!!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by shut(f): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2015
I knew he was goan come up with a nice defense. However it still doesn't seem right but it's his soup and how he eats it is his to decide. Didn't start nd won't end today,Let's let sleeping dogs lie

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by mbulela: 1:15am On Sep 30, 2015
zoelife:

PHD holder at 18? In dis Nigeria?
Kikikikiki!

And she'll be heading for the UK for studies AFTER marriage?

Accept it Bro! You keep being scammed.

Lol
Now I believe what hey said about hiding stuff from a black man in a book
Did you actually read the article?
I doubt it, else you would have known who the PhD holder is.
All of you and talking about moral rights are probably sleeping with a girl who is not your wife at the moment or the females are into runs. Yet you mouth moral rights with no irony of hypocrisy.

While I still do not understand how a man in this age can marry four wives, I have been greatly enlightened by his comments. I still have my dislike for the issue but I appreciate his culture better.
Above all else, it is his private business.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by Lanre4sure: 1:16am On Sep 30, 2015
Independence is around the corner yet here we are after 55 years,the youth who are expected 2 be 2moro's leaders all here making sentimental,judgemental n tribalistic statements. We should learn 2 put aside our differences,if we were in Europe or america,this sorta marriage won't make d news... well apart frm d fact dat both parties are royalty,and the polygamous nature of traditional rulers.western culture wud see no oda special tin about the union. If it were a Yoruba monarch who did something similar I'm sure the northerners won't be running Dier mouths. We jus all try 2 stop being hypocrites. We all want better lives 4 ourselves,we shud learn 2 want better lives for each other and one another. It begins with you and i.we can make or mar this great nation, I pray God touches d hearts of all Nigerians and Africans as a whole. We need 2 change from our wicked n crude ways of thinking n judging people. If sanusi decides 2 take a 5th wife 2moro it's nt supposed 2 be that much of a big deal except that his religion doesn't allow else if d bride jus clocked 18 dat day and gives her consent and her parents agree,i see no reason why I shud run my mouth and be judgemental. We all have our own business 2 mind. Pray God gives all the previous people who dint even think b4 posting wateva came in2 Dier perverted minds sense. Common sense is needed in dis country esp 4 d youth. I pray 4 this country and I congratulate sanusi,she is or is gon 2 be a pretty bride and I pray shez a gon be a better house wife. *quote me anywhere* Goodnight Nigerians. I'm supposing this is d last post 4 tonight.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by Raxxye(m): 1:20am On Sep 30, 2015
If you read this and it improves your understanding of this issue that is fine. If it does not just remember it is not your life, it is not your daughter and you are not my wife therefore it is not your business.
This part truly amused me!
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by bashsani(m): 1:22am On Sep 30, 2015
DollyParton1:

Lamido is old enough to father that young girl.
Was capt Ekeinde Old enough to father Omotola Jalade when he married her?
Have u ever read her story? Did u not come across the part where she said her mother objected to the marriage cos she considered it early. Thats is the difference, Omotola wanted it for herself, she went for it.

But in the case of this young girl, it is not like that. Am sure the consent they said the young girl granted to the marriage request was because she knew she can't really say no. We all know that a female child has no say in that part of the country.
Plus was Captain Ekeinde married to four wives and with gazillions of kids before marrying Omotola?

You can try to justify Emir's action with religion and culture, its fine. But its a mistake to compare it with Omotola's early marriage.
let me tel u a fact if SLS wife was to b the winner of a beauty pagent na una biafra under aged girls go contest past including all ur families
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by mbulela: 1:31am On Sep 30, 2015
arabianights:

TONYE,SERIOUSLY AM PISSED THIS EVENING AT THIS MAN'S RESPONSE.IF AFTER THIS RESPONSE PEOPLE STILL RESPECT HIM THEN WE ARE IN TROUBLE.

When the news on his marriage was posted her ,all those that analyzed the marriage were dealt with by his agents or who ever but here it is in clear terms.....with out mincing words, he has stated why the marriage was sealed nothing on love and of course the lady must give her consent she dares not say no this is a tradition on going for years.

Just go through that part he dared to state that shes from a royal home so is her mom so she will give birth to princes etc....... imagine!!! is that her job ?? is that her value

Royalty isnt like before so he should not flatter his dying image and ego,No one gives a damn.His post caries no weight like other royalties eg uk,saudi arabia, morocco etc

rubbish! PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL

If this is your understanding of the piece, then you are of all men and women most pitied.
Your comprehension skills is seriously below-par.

Arranged marriages are nothing new. Igbos in dispora do it, Indians around the globe do it too. Why is Sanusi's own getting you got a under the collar!
A princess married to a king will give birth to a prince. What were you expecting? For her to birthcan abobaku?

Royalty night not be like before in your culture maybe it remains same in his. How did you earn the right to diminish and denigrate his culture over a lawful issue?
How did you arrive at that your Saudi, morroco and UK scale? You think the weight of a culture is measures by the level of razzmatazz seen in the media? Is that your sole yardstick?
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by mbulela: 1:34am On Sep 30, 2015
laudate:

Guy, take am easy and stop repeating Sanusi's words like a parrot. He has 3 wives already, with a large number of sons and daughters. Why does he need a 4th one? Am not convinced about all that story he has concocted up here. He does not have to marry the girl to establish links or friendship with Adamawa kingdom. His unmarried, single sons can grow up to do that on his behalf.

Look at him still talking about marrying a princess who will give birth to princes, at his age which is over 50! shocked shocked

All the pikin wey im get, never reach??! shocked Chai!!
While you have a point, it is not your business nor is it mine.
I doubt he chose your girlfriend for you? If he was not party to your choice ,what effontery empowers you to question his choice in such a private matter?
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by breakeven: 1:36am On Sep 30, 2015
PhD is only a degree. It cannot give you sence or morality. #childnotbride.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com by InvertedHammer: 1:44am On Sep 30, 2015
/
Sanusi should know that responding makes it worse.

What? He expects his critics to read this thesis on young bride and clap for him.
/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

A Voter Was Beaten In Onipanu, Lagos For Voting Peter Obi - Eyewitness. VIDEO / Army Withdraws Military Escort For IBB, Obasanjo, Others / Simon Ekpa Declares Sit-At-Home In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.