Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times (63799 Views)

Mohammed Barkindo & Family Visit Buhari In London (Photos) / Picture Of Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa'adatu Barkindo-Musdafa / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by 48noble(m): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries Adamawa Princess - Premium Times

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally tied the knot with his rumoured heartthrob, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo-Musdafa.

The 18-year old becomes the emir’s fourth wife. She recently completed secondary school and is been enrolled for advanced level studies.

In addition to his first wife, Sadiya, who is the daughter of the late emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, Mr. Sanusi has two other wives — Maryam and Rakiya.
The secret wedding was contracted in a low-keyed ceremony in the town of Yola on Friday.

Palace sources in Yola told PREMIUM TIMES the wedding fatiha held inside the palace of the Lamido minutes after Jumma’at prayer.

Insiders say that the influential emir only sent out invitation to some dignitaries across the country, as Kano government officials sneaked into Yola for the wedding fatiha to avoid journalists.

The Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, was said to have acted as the guardian for the groom, while his Adamawa counterpart, Jibrilla Bindow, played the role of the bride’s guardian, who gave her hands out in marriage to the monarch.

Mr. Sanusi’s rumoured marriage to the princess was debunked in the past.

“His decision to take a new wife is in line with Islamic injunction.

Islam allows having a maximum of four wives for those who can treat all of them equally and provide for a large family,’’ said a top Kano state government official who travelled to Yola for the wedding.

A social commentator, Dan’Almajiri Ibrahim, argued that in ancient times, links between empires were tightened by marriages among royals and nobles across boundaries.

“So, the engagement of the Adamawa princess to Emir Sanusi II may also be a move to deepen royal bond between Adamawa and Kano.

“You see, historically, both emirates have similar origins in the 19th Century Uthman Bn Fodio’s jihad,’’ he concluded.

Emir Sanusi could not be reached for comments as he is currently away in Saudi Arabia, where he is acting as leader of Nigeria’s delegation to this year’s hajj.

A highly placed palace source however confirmed the development to PREMIUM TIMES, saying Sa’adatu would not move in with the emir immediately.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190644-emir-sanusi-secretly-marries-adamawa-princess.html

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by SeverusSnape(m): 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
Even the educated and influential among them are not spared from this backward mentality.

Anyways, Happy Married Life.

264 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Mogidi: 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
The #8bil scam that happened under his watch would come in handy.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by doublewisdom: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
An 18 year old is not too bad.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by greatness22(m): 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
Emir, na so d tin sweet u reach? abeg, allow her finish school first.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by WHOcarex: 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hehehehehe...sanusi

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by ERAKAMUS: 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Mogidi: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
Same Sanusi sleeping with other people's wives.

Twenty minutes to midnight on February 25, 2013, and a day before the board of the Central Bank of Nigeria was due to meet, Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi developed a craving for romance—he badly needed a kiss.

The governor, married, with children, grabbed his mobile phone and typed out a message. “Maybe you should come kiss me before board meeting tomorrow,” Mr. Sanusi wrote and then squeezed the send button.

At about 9 a.m. the next day, Mrs. Maryam Yaro, a married mother of two, an assistant director and subordinate to the governor at the CBN, arrived Sanusi’s unnamed Abuja hotel, seeking to keep the date and help address her boss’ craving for a kiss. (Insiders say board members, including those who live in Abuja, are usually lodged in hotels ahead of board meetings).

But by the time Mrs. Yaro left the hotel to return to her official desk at the CBN, the duo had also struck out an arrangement to spend the rest of the week together in Lagos. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/137242-exclusive-sanusi-lamido-his-cbn-mistress-and-their-sweetheart-escapades.html

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Chanchit: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
Where's the pix? We need to know if its worth it.

5 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by temitemi1(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
Northerners with so many negativity undecided

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by prof800(m): 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
He is entitled to four na.
jaiye jaiye.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by 989900: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
WTF!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by obontami: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omo dis sanusi go like toto Ooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 27, 2015
Sanusi my crush.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy embarassed embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by ruggedboy01: 12:05am On Sep 27, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by tobtap: 12:05am On Sep 27, 2015
pedophile undecided

50 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by sirugos(m): 12:06am On Sep 27, 2015
Is their religion and tradition, so not my concern

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by danduj(m): 12:06am On Sep 27, 2015
18 is old enuf 4 marriage na grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Shaadey: 12:06am On Sep 27, 2015
She's legal already; fresh water

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by An2elect2(f): 12:07am On Sep 27, 2015
Lol @ all the predictable comments. grin

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by davimiles(m): 12:07am On Sep 27, 2015
Young blood
Tight bullet

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by okooloyun1(m): 12:08am On Sep 27, 2015
Abok'i Will always be abok*i no matter how educated they are.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by TeGaTeGa1(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2015
K o
Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 27, 2015
Nice one grin
Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Noloss(f): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2015
Chai, dis OP be aproko ooo, keep secret a secret joor, don't let pple hear about it jare.

5 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by Simitrendy: 12:09am On Sep 27, 2015
Another Senator Yerima.. I thought this Emir is educated now 18 year old girl now a housewife OMG. so she WL prolly give birth at least 19.. Northern people should stop this gullible behavior its irritating. My opinion tho. The girl is supposed to be in school, That's why their children start causing commotion because they lack western education. The age limit for marriage should be 24 and above. Its so sad that a educated man like SLS would do this. BTW I'm looking for LadyF and Introvert.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by cococandy(f): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2015
Mtchew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by TreasuredGlory: 12:10am On Sep 27, 2015
But for Islamic injunction, I would have commented my reserve!
Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by RealAdewole(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2015
cf
Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by elkhalifah(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2015
Too much conji no Goood o!
Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by RealAdewole(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2015
what am i suppose to do?
Re: Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times by kekakuz(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2015
[size=20pt]. ew
upon all his education
I guess the old saying is right
"you can take the abokiness out of a man
but you cannot take the abokiness out of a man"
that dint sound right but I hope u got my point [/size]

40 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Warns Saraki, Spotted At Osun Government House (Photos) / The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) / Victoria Fayose Celebrates Her Birthday, Seen With Donald Trump Lookalike In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.