Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,210 members, 7,836,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Hard up in the Foreign Legion - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Hard up in the Foreign Legion (1536 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard up in the Foreign Legion by Jakumo(m): 9:18am On Oct 28, 2005
A young man who had lived a sheltered life longed for adventure, and so decided to enlist as a soldier in the French Foreign Legion.  To his dismay, his first military posting was for his platoon to spend some years in a cluster of tents way out in the middle of the desolate barren wastes of the Gobi Desert, with no sign of human habitation as far as the eye could see.

After a few days the new recruit approached the sargeant, and asked him what on earth a young soldier could do to find female company in such a god-forsaken desert.  In response the sargeant took the new recruit some distance away from the encampment to a fenced enclosure where a number of hideously ugly camels were kept.

Before the sargeant could say another word, the recruit silenced him with a bellow of indignant outrage.  "Sarge, what you were about to tell me here would have been the most disgusting and perverted confession ever uttered in my presence.   Please do not say another word about the depraved activities that you and your man have been conducting here, and for my part, I will henceforth pretend that we never had this conversation."

The sargeant shrugged his shoulders and walked away.  Weeks turned to months, and months to years, till eventually, with his youthfull hormones raging out of control, the desperate and frustrated recruit found himself one moonlit night out in the camel paddock, surveying the towering beasts, and steeling his nerves for what he knew he had to do without further delay.

The next morning, the recruit, now thoroughly relaxed, exhilarated and content, sauntered over to the sargeant at breakfast in the mess hall, and offered a profuse apology.   " Sarge, I take back all I said during my ignorant outburst all those years ago when you showed me the camel paddock for the first time.  I have just returned from spending a surprisingly enjoyable evening out there with the camels, and I discovered that despite their profound ugliness, hairiness, foul odor, flea infestations and ungainly height, those beasts did in fact provide me with very pleasurable company, and I can't wait to get back in there tonight."

After a very long silence, the sargeant finally spoke. "Well son, that is a truly inspirational story you have just shared with me, but as for the rest of us, we have always just ridden the camels into town to meet the women there."

1 Like

Re: Hard up in the Foreign Legion by PaypalGod(m): 9:32am On Oct 28, 2005
lol. its better listening than talking
Re: Hard up in the Foreign Legion by clemcykul(f): 11:46am On Oct 10, 2008
rofmlo
Re: Hard up in the Foreign Legion by Scopium: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2008
[size=13pt]Chai grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Hole / Once Bitten Twice Shy / Nigeria's Mentality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.