Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

We All Killed Him (maybe) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We All Killed Him (maybe) (583 Views)

Maybe We Have To Get A Little Messed Up Before We Can Step Up: Alex Karev, / You All Killed Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We All Killed Him (maybe) by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 30, 2015
You And I Might Have Contributed To Someone's Death

You heard he is a cultist. You snapped and developed hatred immediately, the hatred was not just a conventional hatred that might diminish soon, the hatred was directly proportional to the story you heard about him. Therefore you could not believe it, you said “He is so young and He is just 16 and in SS1”. Out of the hatred, you still decided to investigate a little, and alas! You confirmed it! Now, you have seen him; Marijuana parting his lips, a tattooed of snake embrace his arm, and in his hand is a bottle of Vodka which he happily refer to as "AK-47". With what you've seen and heard of him before, your hatred towards him grew at a geometrical proportion, you stood afar and criticized him, you concluded within you that he has gone beyond "repair", you believed he had traveled beyond the path of redemption. With this, you happily told your friends that hell awaits him, you shook your head and said to yourself, “He is already doomed”.

But you do not know that within the “bad, hard guy” lies a fragile, aching heart, wanting to be loved and showed a little care. He only finds solace in his gang because his parent are on the brink of divorce. Since your types who are the "saints" and "religious" had already condemned him, he believed he's also doomed. But because his gangs showed him "love" and unrivaled "compassion", he believed them and will do whatever they asked him to do.

You failed to bring the “bad, hard guy” close and show him the truth, and now, he has fulfilled the request of his gang by raping his younger sister, leaving his whole family distraught and confused. His gang finally metamorphosed to robbery gang, he was caught and burnt beyond recognition. Though people are happy that they've killed a thief, but in the real sense, you have just contributed to the death of another soul.

She knocked on your door asking you to help her, all she need is just little money to eat and take simple care of herself. You looked at her again from head to toe, you were torn between pity and disbelief. You know her uncle to be a rich and religious, an elder in his church; a "front seat occupier", someone who was always called upon to lead in prayers, a "role model" in the church and a member of the Church's Advisory boards. You can't help but wonder why she will be in this sorry state. Then you concluded that she has been wayward and disrespectful, and this is her Uncle's way of punishing her for some time.

Without asking her any questions, you managed to give her a rumpled ₦100 note, sent her away and told her never to come back to you again. She leaves, fighting tears, wondering how she would go back to her uncle who had sworn not to take care of her except she warms his bed.

Your ₦100 could not help that young girl, for she had finally yielded to the advances of her “rich and religious” uncle. Now, she has been deflowered, and all hormones have been let loose. She has been selling her body to all and sundry, and she has gotten pregnant. At present, her cold body is lying in a mortuary because of a failed D&C, just because you refused to bring her close and show her the ideals of life.

That man that stepped on you recently has been going through a hard time. He is a job-hunting father who just lost his only son and has been pondering on how to bury his dead. Yes, he bumped into you out of thinking, and before he could apologize, you have rained insults on him. You saw the tears well up in his eyes, and you think you have scored a point by treating his "Bleep up", because of that, you did not bother to show any empathy. To you, he is just a depressed fellow who should not bother others with his woes.

That depressed man you insulted was seen hanging from a mango tree recently. His suicide note read “I am too weak to carry on”. If you had shown him any form of sympathy, perhaps, he might have shared his burden with you. Then you would have let him know that in his weakness, God's strength is manifested.

You saw her in a bar, wreaking of alcohol. She kept laughing and muttering to herself “Why me? Why me?” You walked past her, even though a voice inside of you kept telling you to find out her problem. You shut the voice down and tagged her “A cheap drunk. A woman for that matter”. You even went as far as taking a photograph of her in order to put it on Facebook so that you can warn other females to be more "responsible".

But that "cheap drunk" is a widow who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Moreover, she just lost her job a month ago. Now, she thinks those bottles of alcohol could wash away her sorrow, or at least to temporarily forget her situation.

That “cheap drunk” is now on the hospital bed staring into the space in despair, waiting for death to knock on the door. All she needs when she was drinking was a message of hope, a message that would give her life – the God kind of life. But you ignored her and called her unprincipled names.

You claim to have the light, you claim you have the calling, you neither use earrings nor lip sticks so as to show the world that you are not worldly. You boast in the scriptures because you know only the letters, but yet you did not understand the revelations in the letters. You see many Biblical Prophets and Apostles as your role models, but yet you did not practice what they stood for.

Many are dead today, not because they deserve to die, but because you and I contributed in one way or the other. We love the word of God and many of us never go late to church services, but the main ingredients are missing, the main creation of God, creation of His own image are ignored on daily basis. We tag them "useless", "cheap", "witches", "good-for-nothing" etc. These set of people are the ones we are sent to touch their lives, these are the people that deserve our attention most, not our over-fed Pastors, not the wig-carrying chief Imams, not the already-satisfied deacons and not the ready-made Pastors' wives. We are sent to the LOST and the DEPRESSED, but instead of locating them, we are compounding their woes. Who knows? You and I might have contributed to someone's death.

When you have a chance to touch lives, please don't delay it, you might just be saving souls heading to perdition. Religious people, good morning.

P:S (Article not written by me)
Re: We All Killed Him (maybe) by bewla(m): 2:14am On Sep 30, 2015
c book
Re: We All Killed Him (maybe) by mccoy1111: 4:52am On Sep 30, 2015
cool[/color][color=#990000][i][/i]wow!!! This is beautiful......

(1) (Reply)

Lesotho Is Like Stepping Into A Frosty Fairytale By M V Sematlane 18 / Wave Of Nostalgia For Tari My First Love / The Love that Killed My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.