Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Maybe We Have To Get A Little Messed Up Before We Can Step Up: Alex Karev, - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Maybe We Have To Get A Little Messed Up Before We Can Step Up: Alex Karev, (433 Views)

Maybe This Is Why My Post Is Banned / Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / Why I'm Messed Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maybe We Have To Get A Little Messed Up Before We Can Step Up: Alex Karev, by Mgeorgewrites(f): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2018
Hello Guys!!!

My name is Michelle Yetunde George. I'm a blogger and writer - Writing To Improve. I am trying to turn a hobby into a skill. Kindly read, like and comment to give constructive critism.

To kick start my weekly write-ups, I decided to start with one of my favorite series – Grey's Anatomy (GA; a fictional US medical series on the lives of surgeons). After completing my chores on Saturday, I considered watching a movie (as NEPA no gree bring light�), however, Scrolling through my collection of movies got tiring, so I decided to watch old seasons of GA. This is an old habit � but this time I chose the fifth season and the nineteenth episode. I was thereafter influenced to write about a particular phrase that got to me. The quote “Maybe we have to get a little messed up before we can step up” is one of those that I don’t think I have personally verified if true. I am only sharing my opinion based on this episode of GA, to which the phrase was coined. I will also advise on whether I think people can step up after they have hit rock bottom – lowest place�.

This episode of Grey's Anatomy began with Alex Karev (surgical resident) narrating and suggesting that surgeons are “messed up knife happy butchers.” Owen Hunt (trauma surgeon - retired army) was seen strangling his girlfriend (Kristina Yang – surgical resident), as a result of the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) he suffers from being in the army. Derek Shepherd (neurosurgeon) was seen coming out of his “dark hole” by showing the engagement ring he once threw in the bush, to his girlfriend (Meredith Grey – surgical resident) and later practicing his technique to surgically remove the tumors in Izzy Steven’s (Cancer patient/surgical resident) brain. Finally, an elderly woman who was given three months to live was being revived after her heart stopped the 100th time, years later. Her family members present were furious; claiming to be ready for her death.

To read the full write up, please visit http://mgeorgewrites..com.ng/2018/03/messeduotostepup-greys-anatomy.html?m=1[url][/url]http://mgeorgewrites..com.ng/2018/03/messeduotostepup-greys-anatomy.html?m=1[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

When Your Encounter With Destiny Attracts Opposition, Do This / Flora My Flawa / The Old Beggar Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.