Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1086979 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by cychioma: 1:58am On Oct 26, 2015
m sorry doctor.
Lagusta:

A medical student or a medical doctor.....

Isn't that document the MDCN full registration

Well, I'm also hoping too.... embarassed
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by cychioma: 2:00am On Oct 26, 2015
m sorry doctor. so wher were u posted n its friday late
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by cheaphost: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2015
I'm getting a bit worried. I'm a foreign student and was posted to Imo. I uploaded two O level results to cover the 5 credits in two sitting thingy. But the problem is that one is GCE while the other is NECO. I hope it's OK to combine GCE with NECO.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 6:29am On Oct 26, 2015
cheaphost:
I'm getting a bit worried. I'm a foreign student and was posted to Imo. I uploaded two O level results to cover the 5 credits in two sitting thingy. But the problem is that one is GCE while the other is NECO. I hope it's OK to combine GCE with NECO.

Don't worry, I was in the same situation. Its ok to combined. Just look at it as two different exam bodies.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 6:31am On Oct 26, 2015
walad4yhu:
DC ain't an NYSC official...She's just helping base on her capacity.

I think some of the questions is better u ask NYSC handle on twitter. They reply instantly.

DC, I wish u well in all ur endeavors and may ur hand neva get tire of typing...

Abi ooo...lmao!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by cheaphost: 8:10am On Oct 26, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Don't worry, I was in the same situation. Its ok to combined. Just look at it as two different exam bodies.
OK, thanks. I feel better now.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Smeeky(m): 9:19am On Oct 26, 2015
cheaphost:

You have no problem combining two results for Nysc.

But if you plan on working here in Nigeria,it Might be a problem,as companies only accept 5credit in one sitting. I remembered years back a friend of mine had issues with this during job search,he had to write GCE before he got a job.

PS: This is just through experience,it may not be entirely true.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by cheaphost: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2015
Smeeky:

You have no problem combining two results for Nysc.

But if you plan on working here in Nigeria,it Might be a problem,as companies only accept 5credit in one sitting. I remembered years back a friend of mine had issues with this during job search,he had to write GCE before he got a job.

PS: This is just through experience,it may not be entirely true.
I actually have 5 credits in one sitting but its just the English and Mathematics thing. One has a D in mathematics while the other has a D in English. Weird right?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Lagusta(m): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2015
cychioma:
m sorry doctor. so wher were u posted n its friday late

I was posted to ondo.....

Our ARD president is seriously trying his best to get our full registration ready, we are just hoping and praying for good outcome....

Usually, the receipt suffices, but now with the CHANGE we have wished for....... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Smeeky(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2015
cheaphost:

I actually have 5 credits in one sitting but its just the English and Mathematics thing. One has a D in mathematics while the other has a D in English. Weird right?
Not weird...Exams could be annoying sometimes.

During my O level days,my waec was complete but I had D in economics which was one of my best subject. I had to take GCE just to proof a point cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Mwada: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
NYSC stands for national youth service corps but to people you have actually went through it often refer to it as now your suffering continues.
The condition in which most graduate are subjected to in the name of service to their fatherland is so pathetic. After years of struggle in higher institution of learning graduates are subjected to another struggle in the name NYSC.
With the current condition of living, N19, 800, is not enough for most students up keep. Though, the current president has promise to increase the corps members allowance from N19, 800 to N50, 000 in one of his interview with pressmen in 2014, the president has also reaffirm that he has a special package for youth corps members, no body know how this package is going to be but many hope that it will include the allowance increment.
The program should be improved because it is not career wise, corps member are not sent to the right place during their secontinue reading
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Engrappacino1: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2015
f u reside in lagos and u where posted to Ogun state then you are in luck cos a private car can pick you from anywhere and take you to camp on Wednesday with no stress. So why not go to camp in luxury and comfort. Call or watsapp me for arrangements 07060987593 see u soon batch b stream 1.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Asound: 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
I rep the next batch going for service, but I don't know when the next batch of corp members will be leaving for service after B'15 and please I want to know if they have increased the allawee to the proposed amount.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by biookuta(m): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
please have they started calling those who made. the final list of presidential national award ?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
Thank u somuch dear Darkchocolate,u re wonderful. Pls i wanna ask.
That 4am to 4:30,so am expected 2 bath,brush,get dressed and b @ d camp ground? The time short o.
2ndly,if during the day,i feel sweaty and want 2 shower,do i have the liberty?
Lastly,wat is the duration like for the breakfast,lunch and dinner,wat other free time can i have? And how crowded can the hostel rooms be?
Thanks somuch 2 u all answering our questions,am grateful smiley
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
EstyBle:
Thank u somuch dear Darkchocolate,u re wonderful. Pls i wanna ask.
That 4am to 4:30,so am expected 2 bath,brush,get dressed and b @ d camp ground? The time short o.
2ndly,if during the day,i feel sweaty and want 2 shower,do i have the liberty?
Lastly,wat is the duration like for the breakfast,lunch and dinner,wat other free time can i have? And how crowded can the hostel rooms be?
Thanks somuch 2 u all answering our questions,am grateful smiley

Yes...you have to wake up by 3am to shower. That s the time most people. wake up. You can always wait till after PT but water may have run out by then.

Showering is whenever you have free time..

Hostels in Lagos was 26 per room.

Goodluck
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Lagusta(m): 5:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Yes...you have to wake up by 3am to shower. That s the time most people wake up.....

Chaiii!!! embarassed
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by chimexview: 8:41am On Oct 28, 2015
How many batch will there be next year 2016?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by xpac01(m): 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
Hi Darkchocolate and the rest, nice job so far.
My worries still remain the age 30 yrs and above disqualification. I clocked 30yrs last month and am so much interested in going for service. What are your takes on this issue Any hope of making come February/March with the age ish
Thanks in anticipation...
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Glclimited: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
NB: THIS IS NOT GNLD,THE COMPANY IS URGENTLY RECRUITING FOR THESE VARIOUS POSITIONS. CHECK THE COMPANY'S WEBSITE

COMPANY INFORMATION

Goldmine Liberty Concept is a unique and fully integrated mentoring center with a focus to raise, empower and mentor aspiring entrepreneurs who are passionate by the desire to become financial independent. We envision a business climate that will gradually revolutionize into a global hub by key universal business principles. To this end, the Company is currently recruiting to fill the position of Marketers/Account Advisers & Media Bloggers/ Customer Care

Marketers
We are looking to urgently employ future-thinking marketers with Account planning experience who are ready to bring a whole new wealth of fresh experience. Interested Applicants must possess strong, viable and good communication skills.

Roles
Marketers who would help build and increase the company’s clientele through online and offline marketing.

Professional Bloggers
Develop and maintain corporate blogs. Research articles in a conversational style, consistent online updates, which engage readers. Interface with key departments (executive, marketing, customer service, IT and also help to ensure that the targets are achieved etc.) to insure blog content captures readers' interest, ensure that readers become captivated while promoting company message.

Roles

Bloggers who would build and maintain an online platform for the company and translate the vision and passion of the company to members of the public with conversational write ups and responses.

Experience and Qualification

A minimum of a OND/HND/ Bachelors of Arts or equivalent Marketing experience in any field or organization (Marketers)

A minimum of OND/HND/Bachelor of Arts or any certified computer training institute with an experience in blogging and internet marketing.

Application Closing Date

29th October, 2015 (Please note that successful applicants will resume work immediately you are selected after interview and screening, 2015).
Send applications to career@goldmineliberty.com: using the position applied for as subject
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Skmoda360(m): 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
please is next year NYSC batches gonna be in three? skmoda...
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by blaqkenny: 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dear Nigerian Youth Corpers,

This is a clarion call you must heed. Luck, they say, is when opportunity meets preparedness. If you are a corp member currently serving our fatherland Nigeria, count yourself lucky. What I'm about revealing is a potential gold mine! What would you do if you found one I bet your thoughts are as good as mine. Some may have heard of this gold mine but then, what have they done? Now is the time to take a share of your national cake...ewa...moin moin...okpa...suya...whatever you choose to call it, but the BIG QUESTION is...how do I gain access to this gold mine? If you are curious to know how, please read on...

GOLD MINE LOCATION: The NYSC/BOI Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund (GEF) ACCESS DENIED! Awww...poor corper. cry You feeling disappointed already? Not to worry. Here is your access key!

HOW TO GAIN ACCESS
Now you've found your gold mine but then, how do you start mining away? Are you equipped with the right tools, equipment and know-how. If YES, you are welcome. But if your response is in the negative, not to worry. That is the reason why I'm HERE! To equip you with the right tools for mining. You have that which you need but another big question is ARE YOU READY TO ACQUIRE, PROCURE THAT WHICH YOU NEED

ACCESS KEY A Detailed Business Plan.

Come join me on whatsapp where I hand over your access keys to you. Join the NYSC/BOI GEF CORPERS HUB on 07031813005. I'll see you on the inside. Till then, in the words of my mentor John Obidi,

Be Phenomenal or Be Forgotten!

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
xpac01:
Hi Darkchocolate and the rest, nice job so far.
My worries still remain the age 30 yrs and above disqualification. I clocked 30yrs last month and am so much interested in going for service. What are your takes on this issue Any hope of making come February/March with the age ish
Thanks in anticipation...

Please read NYSC website on exemption rules. If your first degree was obtained whilst you were below 30, you are eligible for nysc at anyage. If not, you can apply for exemption.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by frisby: 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
Darkchocolate:
Congratulations to the incoming NYSC otondos ... You should all be proud of yourselves. I just finished my service year in July and I am here to answer any NYsC related questions you might have (to the best of my ability).

Camp confusions
How much you need
How to conduct or not conduct yourself wink
Activities to take up that might be beneficial in determining where you are posted to
Best CDS groups
Etc etc

Are you also a foreign student? Wondering how you will survive those 3 ghastly weeks? You are in the right place then!!!

Ask and it shall be answered!

Disclaimer: I speak from Lagos Camp experiences...other camps in other states and how they function may be different but any answer I provide should give you a general guide. I encourage you to conduct your own research and get a varied source for whatever information you seek.

P.s. Yokiti, how have you been? I've missed you like a fat kid misses cake grin

***New rule
If you want me to respond to your question, it might be advisable to NOT type in shorthand! cheesy ;DD cool

And guys...I have no idea how to access the email links. Im not ignoring you. Just post your message here and i ll try to answer it. smiley
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Meek75(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2015
when is batch 16A...is coming
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by whizqueen(f): 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Please is it possible for me to have a successful redeployment from benue state to ogun state. I dunno anybody, am not married and I don't have any medical condition embarassed

But I Want to redeploy
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
whizqueen:
Please is it possible for me to have a successful redeployment from benue state to ogun state. I dunno anybody, am not married and I don't have any medical condition embarassed

But I Want to redeploy

You'll probably have a better chance of walking through the eye of a needle but never say never. Anything is possible. See how much connections you can make during your camp and utilise it.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ambient: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2015
darkchocolate pls is it possible to go to camp with pregenancy or will i be screened out?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by gadafi101(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
You will not be screened for out. You will go to camp and register like everyone else, but u won't stay in camp for the 3 weeks. You just go thru the normal registration procedures, nd the nysc officials will tell u wat to do so u leave the camp immediately nd just come bk after the 20days20days for ur id and money
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
Pls is it true that if i bring my child of 1yr6mnths i will be registered quicker?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (394) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.