Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1086827 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
jadetola:
I am in America now, and I have little to no info on what I'm supposed to be doing and how to serve. I don/t know how to register via my uni, or what these white shirts are for, or if there are rats in the camp and unsanitary situations that I don't think I would be able to handle.... I'm just kinda lost. I would also want to serve in a clinic/ hospital/ medically related area as opposed to teaching that it seems most corpers do. I just need general help biko

Find the batch (A,B, or C) you want to join...search Google for approx dates schedule. The dates are usually around the same time...give or take a couple of weeks. From that information you should also see dates of 'foreign graduate registration'. This will be around the time you need to start hovering over nysc website.

Constantly Check NYSC website for when foreign reg opens up for your batch.

Register online when open and scan all the required documents. You don't need to post anything to nysc directly.

When I did mine 2014, they gave me an interview date when I was to attend abuja to show them my physical docs. I am not sure if they still do this now...anyways follow their instructions.

When you eventually get your call up number and state, go to camp on the date shown on your call up information.

Reread camp requirements...read the internet...you woukd find the answer to all your questions. In camp you can only wear white top and white shorts for 3weeks hence the white tops. You need at least 6 white t shirts and 6 bottoms. Check previous posts for other requirements.

There are rats everywhere in Nigeria so expect to see Rats in camp although I didn't see any in Lagos camp.

If you truly want to serve then I'm afraid you have to brave the 'unsanitary' conditions. A bit of dettol and you are good to go!!! If you are a doctor, you are very likely to be posted to a medical ppa as doctors are in demand. They also get paid heaps and heaps by the state. They also work in camp clinics which means they pretty much dictate their own camp schedules. I think they get to choose their ppa...not sure. Its not that bad.

Only issue is 26 people to one room (Lagos camp) which was a bit strange at first but you soon get used to it as everyone is more or less in the same boat as you!!

Giddy up. It's not that bad aii. Goodluck!!!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
MrArtino:

Wooow thanks. Just asking cos I love directing people. Nutyn else o

smiley
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
dancok:
Pls I have a very important question concerning my NYSC, I just clock 30 this year, I have 2 year extra delay in school, I should have serve since. So, my problem is now that have submitted my mobilization form and am 30 already, with my jamb number NYSC will detect am 30,pls how can I go about it, I still want to serve because I like it. Bro u can do me a favor by quoting me or sending the solution (if any) to krexdele@yahoo.co.uk.thanks

I'm sure you can serve if you really insist. NYSC just gives you the option of opting out if you received your first degree above 30.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
lanrex101:
Hi everyone,
Is it possible for someone who's below thirty years of age and graduated from two different institutions in different years be allowed to go for his/her NYSC programme twice?[b]Hi everyone,
Is it possible for someone who's below thirty years of age and graduated from two different institutions in different years be allowed to go for his/her NYSC programme twice?[/b]Hi everyone,
Is it possible for someone who's below thirty years of age and graduated from two different institutions in different years be allowed to go for his/her NYSC programme twice?

Why would you want to do it twice shocked! This allowee is sweeting you too much ooo grin
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Why would you want to do it twice shocked! This allowee is sweeting you too much ooo grin

I tire O, ma guy nor know say Nigeria broke undecided

Anyways, thanks for the queries so far treated, I've benefited a thing or two from your responses. I've heard a few disturbing things about camp life, which I would love for you to either corroborate or dismiss as the case maybe.

First, is the feeding aspect. I am aware that meals will be served in camp, what I want to know however, is, who prepares these meals? I'm asking because somebody whispered to my hearing that, corp members do the cooking. If so, are certain persons assigned to do the cooking, and how can one evade being assigned to that task if possible? I'm asking because, as I dey so I nor fit cook shi shi and the last thing I want is for ppl to start cursing after eating what I partook in cooking.

Secondly, could you please help with a rough idea on the number of occupants usually assigned to a room? Hope say dem nor go sandwich us inside one room ni

sips kunu whilst patiently awaiting her response
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
Darkchocolate:

I'm sure you can serve if you really insist. NYSC just gives you the option of opting out if you received your first degree above 30.
thanks,
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by lanrex101: 2:22am On Dec 30, 2015
Darkchocolate:

lolx. . .
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by mohsaaf: 8:10am On Dec 30, 2015
pls help me out! I paid for JAMB regularisation sometime in October bt my school is yet to gv me d number nd it appears they are making no smart move to get the number 4 the upcoming 16A. pls house what shld I do. tnx
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Renahmikes: 11:30am On Dec 30, 2015
Good morning, am a corper that redeployed to ondo state. Haven't been to the state before, please where are the good LGA's that I can serve and which places can I get a ppa and they accept corpers. Please I will appreciate it if there is a reply. My digit is 07017178430
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
jayloms:

I tire O, ma guy nor know say Nigeria broke undecided

Anyways, thanks for the queries so far treated, I've benefited a thing or two from your responses. I've heard a few disturbing things about camp life, which I would love for you to either corroborate or dismiss as the case maybe.

First, is the feeding aspect. I am aware that meals will be served in camp, what I want to know however, is, who prepares these meals? I'm asking because somebody whispered to my hearing that, corp members do the cooking. If so, are certain persons assigned to do the cooking, and how can one evade being assigned to that task if possible? I'm asking because, as I dey so I nor fit cook shi shi and the last thing I want is for ppl to start cursing after eating what I partook in cooking.

Secondly, could you please help with a rough idea on the number of occupants usually assigned to a room? Hope say dem nor go sandwich us inside one room ni

sips kunu whilst patiently awaiting her response

Only kunu...zobo nko! Smh

Anyho...
CMs are divided into platoons. Each Platoon will be on duty everyday. If your platoon is on duty, some of you will be assigned kitchen duty. Those on kitchen duty only help in the kitchen and serving, they don't do the actual cooking. It's like a madam and her housegirl...so you are basically the house girl...lol

If you want to get out of that duty, join a really good group in camp (see previous posts for best groups to join), and use the group as an excuse not to do any platoon duties.

2ndly...in my time, there were 26people to a room. Yours could be more or less depending on the size of the room. Very little space though. Don't expect Four Points! Its only for 3wks so I'm sure you ll manage.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by chisco8: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Does anyone know of any self contain apartment in jos south with the price range? Any information will be greatly appreciated!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by cityboyxx: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Pls I want to know how much Ministries pay Youth Corpers in Abuja.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Abdul4trust1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
vingeophysicist:
pls dark chocolate I finished my clearance last two weeks and am hoping to join this February/March batch and I will be going to school to collect my statement of result and temporary identification card to be use in camp.is there any other thing I need from my school that will be requested in camp.And after that what next and how would i know my area of deployment.How will I collect my call up letter.Thanks and GOd bless you.
your final year school id Card, statement of result, call-up letter and green card. Any other thing is by the way.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year Everyone ... grin
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
Darkchocolate:

Only kunu...zobo nko! Smh

Anyho...
CMs are divided into platoons. Each Platoon will be on duty everyday. If your platoon is on duty, some of you will be assigned kitchen duty. Those on kitchen duty only help in the kitchen and serving, they don't do the actual cooking. It's like a madam and her housegirl...so you are basically the house girl...lol

If you want to get out of that duty, join a really good group in camp (see previous posts for best groups to join), and use the group as an excuse not to do any platoon duties.

2ndly...in my time, there were 26people to a room. Yours could be more or less depending on the size of the room. Very little space though. Don't expect Four Points! Its only for 3wks so I'm sure you ll manage.

Tanx...

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
Darkchocolate:
Happy New Year Everyone ... grin

Same to ya pretty lips. keep up da good jab.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2016
jayloms:

Tanx...

You're welcome
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:37am On Jan 02, 2016
jayloms:

Same to ya pretty lips. keep up da good jab.

Only my lips deserve a happy new year? undecided embarassed
kiss grin
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
chisco8:
Does anyone know of any self contain apartment in jos south with the price range? Any information will be greatly appreciated!
. Depending on the area,could be approx 65k-80k
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DopeMonies: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
nice work darkchocolate sometimes I wonder who pays you for this nice job. God will reward you and oda low key heroes around the country. I wanna ask if its compulsory to fill mobilization form with your school b4 mobilized or by jus going thru d normal clearance exercise. graduate of UNiben.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Cent91: 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Abdul4trust1:
your final year school id Card, statement of result, call-up letter and green card. Any other thing is by the way.
. Pls what do you mean by 'green card'?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Cent91: 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Question pls.
According to the Mob time table, before when should we do our clearance in school and collect statement of result to avoid missing out? For example, is it before collation of prospective corp members' data by CPI Pls forgive me for the question is confusing.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jayloms: 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
Darkchocolate:

Only my lips deserve a happy new year? undecided embarassed
kiss grin

God No! but you got to admit ya lips gives us some serious imaginations

Anyways, does the service year actually last up to a year (12 months) and do corp members get off periods? if as a corp member I have some urgent activities to tend to, which will of course require me to take a leave of absence, where would be the right place to go for the LOA and how long can I be absent? If unfortunately I happen to exceed the time frame what's the worse that could happen? Please If these questions are answered on the NYSC handbook, don't stress yourself answering, I'll probably read it anyways.

Also, does NYSC regulate through its officials, the amount/kind of work given to CMs at their PPA or they just allow the employers at the PPA to do whatever they like with CMs. I'm asking cause I can't imagine being turned into a slave because of N19,500.

God bless you. cool
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Abdul4trust1(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2016
Cent91:
. Pls what do you mean by 'green card'?
green card is a slip that contains your bio-data which you are expected to print upon the completion of your online registration.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 04, 2016
Must I do my clearance before NYSC online registration. (Unn graduate)
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DopeDudee(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
Pls wen is Nysc Mobilization and registration kicking off...
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Cent91: 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Abdul4trust1:
green card is a slip that contains your bio-data which you are expected to print upon the completion of your online registration.
Thank you sooooo much.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by benELOHIM7(m): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
I am yet to clear, will it stop me from been mobilized? What is this mobilization about and what proactive steps can I take towards it?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Cent91:
Thank you sooooo much.
you're welcome.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by angusakpuogwu: 4:02am On Jan 05, 2016
chisco8:

I live in Jos south and I think I know done contact me so that we can talk 07066676944
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by angusakpuogwu: 4:04am On Jan 05, 2016
Abdul4trust1:
pls dear which one is green card?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:40am On Jan 05, 2016
angusakpuogwu:

pls dear which one is green card?
is a slip or a document that contains your bio data which you are expected to print upon the completion of your NYSC registration. And it's only those who paid the #3,000 fee that are entitled to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (394) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.