Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,792 members, 7,862,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:05 PM

244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured (685 Views)

Bukola Saraki Organizes Dinner For 71 First Class Graduate In Kwara State (photo / Missing 71 Trailers Of Rice For Adamawa IDPs Should Be Probed - Tsamdu / Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by captainprogress(m): 7:36am On Sep 30, 2015
The number of Nigerians who died in last Thursday’s stampede at the Jamarat (symbolic stoning of the devil) in Mina, Saudi Arabia, has risen to 64 with 71 others sustaining injuries while 244 are still missing.

Spokesman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) Mallam Uba Mana, told newsmen yesterday in Makkah that the commission was doing all within its powers to locate the whereabouts of those still missing.

“We have 64 Nigerians dead from the stampede, 71 injured and 244 still missing. Out of those that died, 48 are from the state Pilgrims Welfare Boards and 12 from tour operators. The 226 missing are from state pilgrims boards and 18 from tour operators.

“We have set up various committees to track those missing and we are not limiting the search to Makkah, Mina or Madinah but the whole of Saudi Arabia as helicopters were used to airlift victims to the nearest hospitals with several hospitals used,” Mana said.

He said the missing pilgrims are from Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Ekiti, FCT, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi and Kwara States.
Others are from Nasarawa, Niger, Ondo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.

While noting that some of the dead pilgrims had been buried in Makkah, he added that if the family of any of the victims intended to have the body of their loved ones sent back to Nigeria, it would be at the expense of the family.

He said: “The commission will do all that is humanly possible to assist families of the dead get befitting burials for their loved ones but if they intend to have the body sent home, I don’t think the Saudi authorities will pick the bills.”

He however said the commission would not rush to declare the missing pilgrims dead as several committees had been constituted to search for them by combing the whole of Saudi Arabia.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/244-nigerians-missing-64-dead-71-injured/113070.html
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by adioolayi(m): 7:37am On Sep 30, 2015
This is so sad.....Pilgrimage turned SOUR
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by Uncleodi(m): 7:37am On Sep 30, 2015
Chai
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by agarawu23(m): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2015
angry sad
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by adedayourt(m): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2015
it is well
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by Gozzzy(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2015
Some fit don from there, jand o
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by powerfulsettingz: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2015
Jesus christ
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by ruffp: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2015
Missing ke! How do people "miss" in such circumstance? Hmmmm....i trust my 9ja brothers n sisters...dem no de fall hand.
Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2015
"you leave the devil in nigeria to go stone the one for Saudi, I pity una life". Quote me anywhere

2 Likes

Re: 244 Nigerians Missing, 64 Dead, 71 Injured by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"you leave the devil in nigeria to go stone the one for Saudi, I pity una life". Quote me anywhere

Lack of "Common sense" you mean? Devil sit down him own jeje ooo! Them say na to travel thousands of miles to go stone the old lucifer, the king of Tyrus, prince of darkness and Persia! If these number had gone after Boko Haram with stones, may be insurgency in the NE would have been a thing of the past.

Moral: Do not challenge the devil unless you have the power to defeat him (JESUS).

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Your Best Teacher And What Do You Love Most About Him/her? / Stop Fulani’s Genocide, Don’t Interfere In Election Tribunal; Buhari, Sultan Tol / Russia Most Likely Responding To America Warning CIA Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.