Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" (3024 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by MSY: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2006
This is a must-see for everyone . Gripping video on Babangida and
Maman Vatsa !

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/3791/55
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Odeku(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2006
I saw that video already, and this is the same IBB [some] people want to rule Nigeria, a man with no compassion, emotion and just brutal. I know a man is not supposed to cry but I shed tears after seeing that tape.
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by omofineboy(m): 12:51am On Oct 09, 2006
Well its painful to hear the poor woman now, but all I know is that coup planing has a price, and the price must be paid by whoever thats involved, either good or bad. The issue of roping in of vatsa, is between IBB and his God if he has any, but we must be careful at making comments on this except we are very sure of what we are saying, becuase we will all give account of ALL we do, think or say while here some day. If truly Vatsa was roped then that is added to many ignoble acts of IBB while in power and I am sure he will pay dearly for it, if otherwise then no case. God is the greatest Judge and he will do justice to all withour fear or favour.

Olorun lo mo ejo da
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by BigB11(m): 1:34am On Oct 09, 2006
First of all, Respect to Vatsa's family and others.

Guys, it is very very important to understand the military protocol before passing judgment on this issue. For the respect that I have for others, especially the folks that lost love ones, I will not comment on this issue. But it is fair to get the inside story and understand the risk that is associated to being part of a coup.

Coup is a serious business, not a joke.

May the dead ones rest in peace.
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Odeku(m): 1:46am On Oct 09, 2006
yes if they are guilty, but we are yet to find evidence to convict this guy your day is one dangerous and wicked man that kill his best friend, gosh it makes me sick to my stomach hear you speak, IBB should have been kill in the second coup that took the life of his ADC, what a wicked man
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Seun(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2006
Why do coupists have to be killed in the first place? What happened to life imprisonment?
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Chxta(m): 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2006
If you look at the ten most populous countries in the world, none of them have stood, or are standing for the crap we've been dealt. Correct me if I'm wrong:

1. China. Population of over a billion. How free are they? Not very. However, modern China was founded on Mao's Cultural Revolution, which the Chinese believe/believed in. China is changing rapidly, and the people there are effecting change.
2. India. World's largest democracy. Free.
3. USA. Democracy. Free.
4. Indonesia. General Suharto ruled fo 30 years, before being pushed out in 1998, during the Indonesian Revolution. It took 30 years but the people still did it.
5. Brazil. Democracy. Even though they had military presidents between 1969 and 1985, Brazilians still had a large say in how they were governed. In 1985, people power put pressure on the government, and the military was sent back to the barracks.
6. Pakistan. Military dictatorship. General Musharraf came to power in 2001 after the military had been out of power since 1998. Something is brewing in Pakistan. Musharraf is a pro-US, war on teror supporter. The people under him seem to be trying to undermine him, by, say, supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan
7. Bangladesh. Democracy. Free.
8. Russia. Democracy-ish. Free-ish. Putin's authoritarian streak is the complaint.
9. Nigeria. Democracy. Free, but never fought for anything. Military let Nigerians have power, and then gave them their very own civilian military president. Surprise, surprise.
10. Japan. Democracy. Free.

See my point? Most countries do something, but we're just happy to sit there and let things happen to us. How can you subdue 120 million people? You can't, unless they're Nigerian.

Culled from African Shirts.
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Seun(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2006
Actually, Nigeria is doing pretty ok from my vantage point. We in the private sector are working hard.

On the less significant political front, the fight between president and VP is reaping great dividends. Bravo!
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Odeku(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2006
Seun? what is the percentage of people in the private sector? and please don't include the local traders in this percentage. i just don't see Nigeria advancing with the likes of IBB trying to infiltrate out government again.
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Odeku(m): 3:27am On Oct 13, 2006
Everyone should share this video to all Nigerians across the globe, we should stop IBB
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by Odeku(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2006
Does anyone knows why IBB wont come to America? I was told its directly linked to Gloria Okon.
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by amaikama(m): 10:26am On Feb 04, 2009
If trully the leaders have the citizens in mind, they wouldn't be any coup or any form of upraising from its people.
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by maxsiollun: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2009
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by bawomolo(m): 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
Seun:

Actually, Nigeria is doing pretty ok from my vantage point. We in the private sector are working hard.

On the less significant political front, the fight between president and VP is reaping great dividends. Bravo!

how large and diverse is this private sector?
Re: Video On "babangida And Vatsa: A Widow's Pain, A General's Burden" by hajifaty: 12:45am On Feb 05, 2009
Only God can safe this country.

(1) (Reply)

Generator Fumes Kill 17 At Nigeria Prayer Meeting / Anambra To Spend N1.3Bn On Dredging Of Flood Channels / Pictures of Abandoned Road Project In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.