Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise (2239 Views)

Dasukigate: 6 Reasons Why Jonathan Must Be Made To Break His Silence / NNPC: Buhari Set To Replace Kachikwu, Shortlists Three Northerners - Daily Post / #TheList: DSS Begins Screening As Buhari Set To Drop Nominees With Fake Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by stalyf(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on September 7th in Aburi, Ghana said and I quote:

“After I was sworn in, I said I WILL have my CABINET in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so.”

http://leadership.ng/news/459378/i-will-name-my-ministers-before-sept-30-pmb

He stated that in response to a question on the appointment of ministers.

President Buhari clearly stated that he would HAVE his cabinet on or before September ending and not that he would send the ministerial list to Senate for approval.

So unless the Senate would receive the ministerial list today and approve the list today, Buhari has already failed in his promise of getting his cabinet before the end of September.

This says a lot about the integrity of the one and only Nigerian "Saint" that he cannot keep to his own words

Anyway, I'm waiting for the excuse or the person the #LyingLiers would blame, maybe the typist, or Saraki CCT issue or one white lie this time

May God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by bettercreature(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
Infact i will find it difficult to trust him again if he fails to deliever today
I wonder why he find it difficult to announce the names before sending it to the senate
Beside na ordinary electricity i still dey enjoy nothing else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by tolexy007(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
shocked
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by DropShot: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
No let Buhari matter kill you o.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by Riodiao(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
President Buhari
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by dustmalik: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, he has fulfilled his part, which is to forward the names to the senate for confirmation. It's now the senate delaying confirmation.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by ki02020(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
stalyf:

President Buhari clearly stated that he would HAVE his cabinet on or before September ending and not that he would send the ministerial list to Senate for approval.

So unless the Senate would receive the ministerial list today and approve the list today, Buhari has already failed in his promise of getting his cabinet before the end of September.

This says a lot about the integrity of the one and only Nigerian "Saint" that he cannot keep to his own words

Anyway, I'm waiting for the excuse or the person the #LyingLiers would blame, maybe the typist, or Saraki CCT issue or one white lie this time

May God bless Nigeria

The problem now is those senators making unneccesary remarks regarding the independent rather than deliberate on the major major matter before them which is the list.....most of them laughing and playing when when their colleague is speaking.....watching them on AIT

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by ki02020(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
stalyf:

May God bless Nigeria

The problem now is those senators making unneccesary remarks regarding the independent rather than deliberate on the major major matter before them which is the list.....most of them laughing and playing when their colleague is speaking.....watching them on AIT
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by stalyf(m): 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
ki02020:

The problem now is those senators making unnecessary remarks regarding the independent rather than deliberate on the major major matter before them which is the list.....most of them laughing and playing when their colleague is speaking.....watching them on AIT

The senate has stated in the past that Saraki issue would not delay the ministerial screening if they got the list from the presidency
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by stalyf(m): 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
dustmalik:
As far as I'm concerned, he has fulfilled his part, which is to forward the names to the senate for confirmation. It's now the senate delaying confirmation.

How sure are you that the senate have the list?
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by ki02020(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
stalyf:

The senate has stated in the past that Saraki issue would not delay the ministerial screening if they got the list from the presidency

He has the list jor
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by baralatie(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by Feraz(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2015
Today is 30th of September, 2015. Why not allow today fade into history before writing the above? If by 11:59pm today, you do not see the list, then you have every reason to criticize him. undecided

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
@stalyf: The president is his own problem

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by hinwazaka: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
stalyf:

How sure are you that the senate have the list?
LEAVE HIM TO HIS FOOLISHNESS. THE SENATE HAS CONFIRMED THAT IT HAS NO LIST FROM THE EXECUTIVE. IF THE SENATE HAD A LIST OF MINISTERIAL NOMINEES, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WOULD KNOW BY NOW. THE PRESIDENT, EITHER INTENDS TO CONTINUE WITHOUT MINISTERS, OR IS PRESENTLY PUTING A MISHMASH LIST, AFTER TREMENDOUS PRESSURE FROM VARIOUS SPHERES OF OUR SOCIETY. WHEN THE LIST, DOES MAKES ITS WAY TO THE NASS, I WILL CONFIRM IT ON THIS FORUM.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by baralatie(m): 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
Feraz:
Today is 30th of September, 2015. Why not allow today fade into history before writing the above? If by 11:59pm today, you do not see the list, then you have every reason to criticize him. undecided
the time is 2:03 p.m
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by olujuwonj(m): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
I still so much believe in the President, and am sure u know the situation of things as at today.... so I say to u, watch out, because a Yoruba adage says when woods falls on one another, the one one top is removed first...
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by stalyf(m): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
hinwazaka:

LEAVE HIM TO HIS FOOLISHNESS. THE SENATE HAS CONFIRMED THAT IT HAS NO LIST FROM THE EXECUTIVE. IF THE SENATE HAD A LIST OF MINISTERIAL NOMINEES, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WOULD KNOW BY NOW. THE PRESIDENT, EITHER INTENDS TO CONTINUE WITHOUT MINISTERS, OR IS PRESENTLY PUTING A MISHMASH LIST, AFTER TREMENDOUS PRESSURE FROM VARIOUS SPHERES OF OUR SOCIETY. WHEN THE LIST, DOES MAKES ITS WAY TO THE NASS, I WILL CONFIRM IT ON THIS FORUM.

Bless you
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by viktagorion: 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
The time is 2.24 pm still no list sad

Baba how far?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by Nnemuka(f): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
lol.... i laugh at how you expect a dullard to keep his promises grin grin grin
the man already denied his campaign promises remember?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by Nnemuka(f): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Feraz:
Read to understand first before you comment....
The dullard said if by 30th he doesnt have a minister......
its 30th already and yet no minister.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by Dosinspector(m): 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
When buhari said september,he neva mentioned the year so he may not mean september 2015

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by eagleeye2: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
The promise has already been broken.

see.
eagleeye2:
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday, said that he will not appoint ministers until September, saying that such appointments “cannot and should not be rushed.”
Buhari made this known in an article he authored titled, “Nigeria committed to good governance and fighting terror”, and published by the Washington Post on Monday, July 20, 2015, before he met with President Barack Obama.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by saintopus(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
Dosinspector:
When buhari said september,he neva said it must mentioned the year so he may not mean september 2015

Nigerians!! SMH.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by Feraz(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
“After I was sworn in, I said I WILL have my CABINET in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so.
Nnemuka:

Read to understand first before you comment....
The dullard said if by 30th he doesnt have a minister......
its 30th already and yet no minister.
So what does the bolded mean? I do not know the workings of The Senate with respect to time but I believe 30th September ends 11:59:59pm so please, educate me.

bettercreature:
Infact i will find it difficult to trust him again if he fails to deliever today
I wonder why he find it difficult to announce the names before sending it to the senate
Beside na ordinary electricity i still dey enjoy nothing else
I no dey see the constant power supply wee Nigerians dey scream for my side of Kano state.

Dosinspector:
When buhari said september,he neva mentioned the year so he may not mean september 2015
Haba! Bros, you well know it is 30th September 2015 except you are being sarcastic with this comment.
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by suxkill: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
Where are those APC supporters who attacked me,about the dullard not keeping to his words.

shame on you all,woe unto you,come and defend your kunu sipping dullard president.
may God dash PMB,APC and it's supporters sense.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by stalyf(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
Dosinspector:

Kiaaa..This change bad
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by feedthenation(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
The ministerial list has since been forwarded to the Senate, the onus is on the Senate to release the list.
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by stalyf(m): 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
The Senate on Wednesday said it was yet to receive the ministerial list from the Presidency.
Reports were rife that President Muhammadu Buhari had concluded work on the list and sent it to the Senate for the screening of the nominees.
However, as at the close of plenary on Wednesday, the names of the nominees were not read out.

The spokesperson of the Senate, Senator Dino Melaye, said the ministerial list was yet to be received by the Red Chamber.
Melaye said there was no need for agitation as the deadline given by Buhari, the end of September, was still hours away.

He promised that the Senate will conduct proper screening of the nominees, adding that those with moral issues will not be cleared.
The Senate has adjourned till Tuesday.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/were-yet-to-get-ministerial-list-senate/
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by Hashimu: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
Let us wait and see how the drama will unfold.
Re: President Buhari Set To Break His Own Promise by khassy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
stalyf:

May God bless Nigeria

make 12reach first na undecidedundecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reavealed:abuja Electricity Boss’ N36mill Monthly Pay,others Tear Apart Firm / Misterial Portfolio: Igbos Commend Buhari / Where Do You See Nigeria In The Next 35 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.