Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria (2323 Views)

Photos From 55th Independence Celebration In Abuja (Live) / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Buhari Celebrates Benin's 55th Independence Anniversary In Cotonou (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Please, stop it already. It is a perfect example of a witch-hunt.

We weren't told he overestimated his wealth in order to enrich himself thereafter rather that he under declared his assets for which no formal query nor invitation was issued to him by CCB to ratify or reconcile the Assets declared according to the law establishing CCB before running to the Court.

All these abracadabra were to stop Sen. Saraki from presiding over the confirmation of ministerial nominee and to stop Power sector probe during OBJ tenure.

In general the Executive wanted to use CCB and CCT to intimidate and control the NASS.

Thank goodness, there is a provision for reconciliation by invite before CCB can move to the tribunal
When Zuma was relieved of his duties, he was in the running against Mbeki for the Presidency of ANC. Nevertheless, he accepted the relief and presented himself for investigation and prosecution. The message is that political differences or perceived political differences is no excuse to shield someone from his alleged crime. A spade must be called a spade Sir!
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by temitemi1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nigeria @55 but acting like 6 months old baby @ d moment!
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

When Zuma was relieved of his duties, he was in the running against Mbeki for the Presidency of ANC. Nevertheless, he accepted the relief and presented himself for investigation and prosecution. The message is that political differences or perceived political differences is no excuse to shield someone from his alleged crime. A spade must be called a spade Sir!

It has been confirmed that CCB broke its own rule by not inviting Sen Saraki to reconcile the Assets form before proceeding to CCT hence every sane Nigeria should decode the handwriting on the wall.

As I said before, the Executive wants to use Saraki as a case study thereby controlling both the National Assembly and the States using the powers vested on the CCT to sack and ban politicians at will as a threat and object of commanding loyalty.

I may not like Dr Saraki but I am duty bound to protect our nascent democracy from slipping into dictatorship.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by ifyan(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
erunz:
Barca!!!!!! Barca!!!!!! Barca!!!!!!, it is well, long live PDP long live NIGERIA

You can say that again.

Article like is purely welcome from all parties involved in greatness of the Nation.

Nigeria shall be great at any cost

Long love to everyone
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by ifyan(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Long Live PDP

Don't start any nonsense,Mr Barki
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
Observant:
A lot of horror was into our polity in APCs quest to wrestle power from the PDP.
This has seriously denigrated the principles of political parties as can still be seen by the infighting going on within the said party.

While your message is one bore out of respect for national image, morality and democracy, it's unfortunate that polity is populated by people of low moral standards which robs of on the citizenery in all sphere of human development.
Sad but true..
The difference between us and them is that we recognise a problem and trend that we admit is damaging, but unlike them we should tow the path that will fix things rather than further destroy. That's my point
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by ifyan(m): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
Dannyset:
This is just affirming the fact that PDP is as corrupt as Saraki. Our legislative arm has been encroached and dented with thieves and rogues. Imagine!
And these same people want to make laws to fight corruption! We aren't ready yet!
OUR SENATORS ARE THIEVES IN SARAKI UNIFORM

Excuse me sir don't you think it will be wise to shun anything that will start problem in any place for a better country.

Beside the op focus is nor about anything party but how our ought to be @55
Thank you for your to understanding

You know............
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by ifyan(m): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The difference between us and them is that we recognise a problem and trend that we admit is damaging, but unlike them we should tow the path that will fix things rather than further destroy. That's my point

Love this
Fucking love this
Really fucking love this
Oh! Really fucking love this
Wow oh ! Really fucking love this
You said wow
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
You believe that 'unknown source' CCB? Anyway, that should be left for the court. This is a case that should be left to the court to decide and not for one 'unknown' source. Like I posit earlier, the court will vindicate him.
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

It has been confirmed that CCB broke its own rule by not inviting Sen Saraki to reconcile the Assets form before proceeding to CCT hence every sane Nigeria should decode the handwriting on the wall.

As I said before, the Executive wants to use Saraki as a case study thereby controlling both the National Assembly and the States using the powers vested on the CCT to sack and ban politicians at will as a threat and object of commanding loyalty.

I may not like Dr Saraki but I am duty bound to protect our nascent democracy from slipping into dictatorship.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
ifyan:

Love this
Fucking love this
Really fucking love this
Oh! Really fucking love this
Wow oh ! Really fucking love this
You said wow
Let's ask the view of Obinoscopy and Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by dialfa: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
Abeg shut up mumu. Nothing good can come out of a zoo except the freeing of the caged animals.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by ifyan(m): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Let's ask the view of Obinoscopy and Lalasticlala

Meaning
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
ifyan:

Meaning
I was actually calling on Obinoscopy and Lalasticlala to the thread. grin
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
You believe that 'unknown source' CCB? Anyway, that should be left for the court. This is a case that should be left to the court to decide and not for one 'unknown' source. Like I posit earlier, the court will vindicate him.

I believed Dr Saraki the day he tutored the Judge on the interpretation of the law as amended by the 7th National Assembly.

The accused must be invited by the CCB for questioning and possible reconciliation before taking the accused to the court - Fact

Dr Saraki was never invited by the CCB but was taken to court straightaway because the mission was a calculated witch-hunt to remove him from Senate leadership which was far from securing conviction.

As I said before, I repeat, You and I may not like Dr Saraki but we have a duty to protect and secure our nascent democracy from drifting to any resemblance of dictatorship.

On the issue of waiting for the court to decide, this case has already been botched and the precedence intended to be established neutralized hence whatever be the outcome of the trial is invalid to the initiators unless OBJ who wants probe on Power Sector Expenditures dropped
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I believed Dr Saraki the day he tutored the Judge on the interpretation of the law as amended by the 7th National Assembly.

The accused must be invited by the CCB for questioning and possible reconciliation before taking the accused to the court - Fact

Dr Saraki was never invited by the CCB but was taken to court straightaway because the mission was a calculated witch-hunt to remove him from Senate leadership which was far from securing conviction.

As I said before, I repeat, You and I may not like Dr Saraki but we have a duty to protect and secure our nascent democracy from drifting to any resemblance of dictatorship.

The case has been botched and the precedence intended to be established neutralized hence whatever be the outcome of the trial is invalid to the initiators unless OBJ who wants probe on Power Sector Expenditures dropped
I've said a lot on this Saraki issue and I maintain that Saraki should prove himself to the judge. I don't like to comment on matter that is before the court. All I will always do is to allow for people to prove themselves in court. That's the duty I owe my country as a citizen
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by biafranqueen: 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
Leaders are a reflection of the people they lead a good leader can not govern a bad people.......
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I've said a lot on this Saraki issue and I maintain that Saraki should prove himself to the judge. I don't like to comment on matter that is before the court. All I will always do is to allow for people to prove themselves in court. That's the duty I owe my country as a citizen

We are on the same plain with regards to the issue of Judicial prosecution of Dr Saraki if he is found to have violated any law.

However, we cannot support a politically motivated trial by court of pubic opinion meant to sack Dr Saraki from Senate Leadership before the commencement of a perceived flawed and politically motivated proceedings which tried to jump due process thereby establishing a precedence based on dictatorship and not on due process of the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

We are on the same plain with regards to the issue of Judicial prosecution of Dr Saraki if he is found to have violated any law.

However, we cannot support a politically motivated trial by court of pubic opinion meant to sack Dr Saraki from Senate Leadership before the commencement of a perceived flawed and politically motivated proceedings which tried to jump due process thereby establishing a precedence based on dictatorship and not on due process of the law.
Asking Saraki to step down does not in anyway mean convicting Saraki. It is for the sake of moral justice to save the image of the institution of the Senate and the office of the senate president. If vindicated, he'll come out head high! But remaining in office is tantamount to dragging the office into disrepute. Look at the cases of Blagojevich and Zuma.
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
biafranqueen:
Leaders are a reflection of the people they lead a good leader can not govern a bad people.......
Well, I can't dispute this ma'am

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Asking Saraki to step down does not in anyway mean convicting Saraki. It is for the sake of moral justice to save the image of the institution of the Senate and the office of the senate president. If vindicated, he'll come out head high! But remaining in office is tantamount to dragging the office into disrepute. Look at the cases of Blagojevich and Zuma.

We all know that Dr Saraki is not the party's candidate for senate presidency and every effort is targeted at getting him off from that position hence all your examples are null and void.

The position of Senate president and not Dr Saraki is actually what is on trial hence the Senators are taking a stand against such interference through passing a vote of confidence on Senate Leadership.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

We all know that Dr Saraki is not the party's candidate for senate presidency and every effort is targeted at getting him off from that position hence all your examples are null and void.

The position of Senate president and not Dr Saraki is actually what is on trial hence the Senators are taking a stand against such interference through passing a vote of confidence on Senate Leadership.
It's like we are running on a circle grin
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by chukkiephil(m): 8:26am On Oct 01, 2015
MORNDEW:
Pdp analyst indicting his party. This boy too confuse i swear.
u see your life? that we support Pdp or Apc should not make us blind zombies!!! Please change ur ways if u reason like this. Don't swallow everything ur party does hook line and sinker! Ask questions!! Criticize constructively, This is why God gave you have a brain!!!
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by chukkiephil(m): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This is talk of witch-hunt is only valid in a bankrupt society. That A is alleged to be corrupt does not mean B should be defended for corruption. That C supported his corrupt friend is not a justification for D to support his corrupt friend. I want people to answer to their crimes irrespective of who the prosecutor is. The court should decide on the merit or otherwise.
"political witch-hunt " is the phrase they use to get public sympathy ! And the public always falls for this, sadly enough!! angry
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by chukkiephil(m): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This is talk of witch-hunt is only valid in a bankrupt society. That A is alleged to be corrupt does not mean B should be defended for corruption. That C supported his corrupt friend is not a justification for D to support his corrupt friend. I want people to answer to their crimes irrespective of who the prosecutor is. The court should decide on the merit or otherwise.
"political witch-hunt " is the phrase they use to get public sympathy and the public always falls for this!! angry
Re: Nigeria 55th Independence Anniversary: A Case For Better Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2015
chukkiephil:
"political witch-hunt " is the phrase they use to get public sympathy ! And the public always falls for this, sadly enough!! angry
The era of public sympathy is over, let them get the sympathy of the judge by proving they never did the crime

chukkiephil:
u see your life? that we support Pdp or Apc should not make us blind zombies!!! Please change ur ways if u reason like this. Don't swallow everything ur party does hook line and sinker! Ask questions!! Criticize constructively, This is why God gave you have a brain!!!
That's the problem with some people. They don't know that the party is an institution and it superced the position of individuals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GOD IS GOOD / Is Nigeria Jumping From Frying Pan To Fire? / I'm Not A Happy Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.