Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Careers In Cyber Security Science - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Careers In Cyber Security Science (1785 Views)

6 Careers That Will Be Extinct In 10 Years / 3 Jobs You Should Never Make Careers / Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Careers In Cyber Security Science by Misanthrope: 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
Please I need more information on this disciple, I know the job is on demand in many developed countries and, the remuneration is attractive. but I don't know if studying this said course can provide you a good job in a country like Nigeria.

Please don't tell me that "it's nolonger what you studied," because, to me, that statement is preposterous.

Someone with a Ph.D. In Quantum Biology in Nigeria is as relevant as nothing.
Re: Careers In Cyber Security Science by jobskills: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
I think your question might be "is there a need for someone skilled in Cyber security in Nigeria?" The answer is yes but the level of awareness and engagement of experts in this area is still low. This is partly due to the fact that we have few organisations in Nigeria into cyberspace. What we normally have is people involved in information security.

You might want to become an expert in this area and champion creating awareness for more cyber security than information security.

The Warwick Manufacturing Group of the University of Warwick is very good in this area.
Re: Careers In Cyber Security Science by Misanthrope: 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
jobskills:
I think your question might be "is there a need for someone skilled in Cyber security in Nigeria?" The answer is yes but the level of awareness and engagement of experts in this area is still low. This is partly due to the fact that we have few organisations in Nigeria into cyberspace. What we normally have is people involved in information security.

You might want to become an expert in this area and champion creating awareness for more cyber security than information security.

The Warwick Manufacturing Group of the University of Warwick is very good in this area.

Thank you for your response.

What about Actuary jobs right here in Nigeria?
Re: Careers In Cyber Security Science by baba11(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2015
jobskills:

@ the bolded:Can you shed more light on it?

(1) (Reply)

Earn Real Money Online, U Can Earn 2500$ Dollars Weekly Guaranteed / Too Sophisticated: Should I Choose Mba, Med Or Other Prof Progs / How Can I Become A Sailor??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.