Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) (67970 Views)

Only A Genius Can Crack The Code(pics) / Ever Had A Classmate That Cheated Like This? (Photo) / A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2015
You guys are all wrong. Its simply means it takes less time for venus to spin round the sun(a year) than for it to spin on its own axis(a day) grin
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by adanny01(m): 7:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Autopin:
It seemly means Venus has no 'nights' I studied Astronomy in sec school

There are nights.

Unfortunately nights last for 122.5days equvalent to half a Venusian day. Daylight when the sun is visible is also 122.5 days making a total of 245days which is 1 Venusian day.

Amazingly, an hour in vesus is like 10.2days which means the sun will remain visible from the planet at same position for that period.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by prof2015(m): 7:45am On Oct 02, 2015
the rate at which Venus moves around the sun is faster than its rotation simple and short
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Feranmicharles(m): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2015
solodox:

Adultbase is a 'genius'
oh. I hear u oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by nicebaby: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2015
emmatok:
Theory of Venus Revolution(round the sun) and Rotation(on its axis anti-clockwise )
INTROVERT:

Venus spins backwards compared to most of the other planets. It spins or rotates in the opposite direction that Earth rotates. This means that on Venus the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east. On Earth the Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

BE EDUCATED OKAY... grin
2kris:
bro how u have broding my knowledge today
INTROVERT:

Venus spins backwards compared to most of the other planets. It spins or rotates in the opposite direction that Earth rotates. This means that on Venus the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east. On Earth the Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

BE EDUCATED OKAY... grin
nice one
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by hadura29(m): 8:32am On Oct 02, 2015
mowah:
The venus is closer to the sun than the earth so it would experience more gravitational force than the earth even though it's mass is quite lesser than that of the earth , so the centripetal force of the venus would be more than that of the earth because of the square distance factor , leading to a higher revolutionary velocity which can be interpreted into a short year, but due to the relatively large radius of venus compared to that of the orbit , According to the popular equation wr=v, the angular velocity of venus would be very small relatively to the revolutionary velocity, infact smaller than the revolutionary velocity which leads to a longer day than year. grin

Nice postulate bro.. But what will be the relationship between the gravitational force and magnetic fOrce?
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by demoore1(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2015
IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT 1 VENUS DAY IS MORE 365DAY.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2015
akbenbus:

mumu...scotch egg kor Irish egg ni. instead of u to learn now u dey say nonsense angry
mumu...scotch egg kor Irish egg ni. instead of u to learn now u dey say nonsense
You are very stoopid. If you don't know how to talk without insulting then you are an animal that has no business on social media
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 02, 2015
portable23:
Olodo like u try learn abeg
I know sey i sabi book pass you if you no fit see say na joke i dey joke. Odofion fellow
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Beckybecky30(f): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Nawa ooo, u sabi vex oo grin
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by eljimmah: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
dumb comment.... Think b4 yu talk. Not hating buh seem yu jux a born idiiooot

funny enough my friend that comment is correct, venus rotates opposite direction to the earths rotation, it is called retrograde motion.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Lumidee007(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
genius ke, a mere secodary school Geography student should be able to answer this.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by TalkingBird: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
It takes longer time to rotate on its axis compare to the time it takes to orbit around the sun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by sandracoopert(f): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
Venus rotates counter-clockwise:
Also known as retrograde rotation. A possible reason might be a collision in the past with an asteroid or other object that caused the planet to alter its rotational path.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by benELOHIM7(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
Revolution is faster than rotation
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by heeqhmart(f): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
mowah:
The venus is closer to the sun than the earth so it would experience more gravitational force than the earth even though it's mass is quite lesser than that of the earth , so the centripetal force of the venus would be more than that of the earth because of the square distance factor , leading to a higher revolutionary velocity which can be interpreted into a short year, but due to the relatively large radius of venus compared to that of the orbit , According to the popular equation wr=v, the angular velocity of venus would be very small relatively to the revolutionary velocity, infact smaller than the revolutionary velocity which leads to a longer day than year. grin
Absolutely brilliant explanation
Tnx
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by zomoears(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
A Venusian sidereal day thus lasts longer than a Venusian year (243 versus 224.7 Earth days).

It takes 243 earh days for Venus to complete a spin on its axis, and it takes 224.7 earth days to complete an orbit around he sun!
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by EverestdeBliu(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
MarieSucre:

You don speak big English sotey you speak spoil. HYPOTHETICAL simply means its a supposition or an assumption that can be subject to further observation or evaluation. His statement was definite. It was imperative hence not a hypothesis.

FLUKE - a lucky or improbable occurrence that is unlikely to happen again. I don't understand what exactly you're calling a 'fluke' here. Is it his proposed theory or what? That Venus rotates in reverse order? That is a 'lucky' or 'improbable occurence' that is unlikely to happen?

Make sure of the terns you use and that they're used in their proper context. Thank you.
Hey ma'am,I know what I wrote. "Hypothesis" in the context means a supposition made with limited evidence. In science,an hypothesis is also referred to as a "guess". Its imperative to note that most scientific theories are borne from guesses(hypothesis). If verified through series of experiments,an hypothesis becomes a theory,and further test and scrutiny transcends it into a scientific law. Therefore the way Introvert,the moniker I quoted jumped to purport that Venus rotates anti-clockwise,made it simple for one to perceive that such conclusion was borne from a 'guess' or 'trial and error' strategy. Conceiving this,I was apt to dare her to further clarify her point or twill be considered as being a Fluke(unsure,uncertain and flawed).
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by Donyswit(m): 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
It takes 225 Earth days or 7 1/5 months for Venus to make a complete orbit around the sun (that\'s 1 Venus year). However, it takes 243 Earth days for Venus to spin around its own axis (1 Venus day). Therefore: 1 Venus year=225 Earth days and 1 Venus day=243 Earth days.
Re: Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) by portable23: 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
Foolish boy abeg carry ur wahala go front
MoltenMagma:

I know sey i sabi book pass you if you no fit see say na joke i dey joke. Odofion fellow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malachy Chizoba: Student Sleeps In His Matriculation Gown, Cooks With It / 'Why Amala Needs To Be Banned' - Coventry Student Makes Presentation / "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.