Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing (68116 Views)

What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / What's The Funniest Nickname You Gave Your Teacher While In School? / World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crysallis(m): 1:31am On Sep 24, 2022
The curriculum of Nigeria basic schools is becoming something else. Why will a child of 5 to 6 years be asked to draw her teacher?!

A Nigerian Dad has reacted to the social studies assignment given to his daughter.

The assignment on the social studies booklet reads DRAW YOUR TEACHER IN THE BOX.

The kid took her time making a beautiful drawing of her teacher which the dad reacted to

" This Your Teacher is fine o, what is the name of your teacher? Mrs Laris...This is you. Your hair is fine o.... Weldone."

Watch video: grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wRyJmLp55M

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci3UmEdjWFs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

8 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by duro4chang(m): 1:34am On Sep 24, 2022
It is just to make the child creative. The curriculum is ok.

197 Likes 19 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crysallis(m): 1:40am On Sep 24, 2022
duro4chang:
It is just to make the child creative the curriculum is ok.

Wrong creativity.... Ask the child to draw a house or cat

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by duro4chang(m): 1:45am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

It is very good. How much of education do you know?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crysallis(m): 1:56am On Sep 24, 2022
duro4chang:

None actually... I nor finish primary school

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by duro4chang(m): 2:03am On Sep 24, 2022
duro4chang:
Now, if you check very well the topic under which the assignment was given must be related to human being not house, tree or car. The assignment has a purpose to fulfil. The assignment must be related to the lesson taught.

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by ValCon888: 5:00am On Sep 24, 2022
The girl hasn't even started drawing anything, and he's saying the teacher is fine. This man is the number one cheerleader of his daughter.

Very sweet, but false praises don't let your kids do well especially when the praise is unearned.

Sometimes, you need to be critical so (in a positive way) to challenge them to do better.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Vulcanheph(m): 5:30am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

None actually... I nor finish primary school
Your type of Sarcasm is on another level.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Olachase(m): 6:35am On Sep 24, 2022
I saw one of my old drawing book I was in pry4 then around 2004 (na wa hoo see how time flies) con see the Map of Nigeria I drew then, I con day ask myself na me draw this rubbish thing grin grin

Well the Nigeria self Don rubbish already
Bread way I day buy #50 then is now #200 cry cry

21 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by jahson19(m): 7:12am On Sep 24, 2022
Lol
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2022
When they run out of what to teach, this is what happens.

There are other ways a child can be creative. Like more practical art and craft works that requires the use of artistic tools for kids but because the school is not willing to spend money, they settle for such yeye creative works.

Why not ask them to draw their parents grin.

Even if you want them to draw, let it be something age appropriate. Iike during our time, when were made to draw bold leafs, fish and balls that had hexagon shapes. Chai good old days.

Some schools don't know what to teach kids these days.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by phemmyfour: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:
The curriculum of Nigeria basic schools is becoming something else. Why will a child of 5 to 6 years be asked to draw her teacher?!

A Nigerian Dad has reacted to the social studies assignment given to his daughter.

The assignment on the social studies booklet reads DRAW YOUR TEACHER IN THE BOX.

The kid took her time making a beautiful drawing of her teacher which the dad reacted to

" This Your Teacher is fine o, what is the name of your teacher? Mrs Laris...This is you. Your hair is fine o.... Weldone."

Watch video: grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wRyJmLp55M

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci3UmEdjWFs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
The topic should be under creative art not social studies

2 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by kambili999(f): 7:29am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

at that age of the child, it's not wrong sir. No one expects the child to go into details when drawing her class teacher. This art tests if the child is able to take note of certain features in a human being like the eyes, hands, ears, legs, trunk, hair and about. Drawing animals too also fits in to the same reason.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2022
kambili999:
at that age of the child, it's not wrong sir. No one expects the child to go into details when drawing her class teacher. This art tests of the child is able to take note of certain features in a human being like the eyes, hands, ears, legs, trunk, hair and about. Drawing animals too also fots in to the same reason.

It is very wrong.

Can the child draw a proper human face? A cat or ball would have been more appropriate.

Even in junior secondary, you don't start drawing human beings except if your naturally gifted with artistry.
You start by drawing logos, and simple objects. Talk more a pry pupil.

3 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by kambili999(f): 7:41am On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

It is very wrong.

Can the child draw a proper human face? A cat or ball would have been more appropriate.

Even in junior secondary, you don't start drawing human beings except if your naturally gifted with artistry.
You start by drawing logos, and simple objects. Talk more a pry pupil.

who expects a child to draw a proper human face?? They are taught parts of the body from that age so what is wrong if she can define those parts when she draws?

10 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2022
kambili999:
who expects a child to draw a proper human face?? They are taught parts of the body from that age so what is wrong if she can define those parts when she draws?

Was that the objective of this lesson? Did you see anywhere it was stated that she should label the body parts? Is it now a science topic?
To think it's in a social studies textbook.

Confusion everywhere.

1 Like

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by kambili999(f): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Was that the objective of this lesson? Did you see anywhere it was stated that she should label the body parts? Is it now a science topic?
To think it's in a social studies textbook.

Confusion everywhere.
I too know mentality. You are not her dad and not her teacher. I'm sure the man just made that video for humor. But over serious oversabi people like you will always find faults in everything.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 24, 2022
kambili999:
I too know mentality. You are not her dad and not her teacher. I'm sure the man just made that video for humor. But over serious oversabi people like you will always find faults in everything.

Lol.. stop burning already and try to reason.

I'm only talking from the perspective of a qualified early child educator who has been in the system for years to know the right thing enough not to point out a wrong practice when I see one. It's not a matter of ITK but experience and the father clearly didn't make this up.

Good day!

2 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by kambili999(f): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Lol.. stop burning already and try to reason.

I'm only talking from the perspective of a qualified early child educator who has been in the system for years to know the right thing enough not to point out a wrong practice when I see one. It's not a matter of ITK but experience and the father clearly didn't make this up.

Good day!
qualified child educator good day to you too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by emorse(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2022
kambili999:
Can the child draw a proper cat face? Just wondering.

By the way, I don't see anything wrong in that assignment. The child could draw a 'stick-man' and won't be wrong. The purpose of the lesson is most likely to identify shapes and parts of the body.

4 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by AntiChristian: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2022
lipsrsealed

Of what importance is this gwanu?
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Tonypen247(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2022
H
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Thisis2raw(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2022
He cheering his lovely daughter

1 Like

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2022
Lol
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by ThePolemicist: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2022
This adult baby just wants to trend online..
Who is more mature in the child doing her assignment or the adult making noise and distorting her creative process?
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by zed7: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2022
No news here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! / Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian / What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.