Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. (4977 Views)

Boko Haram Surrender II, Shekau Whereabouts Unknown - Satellite Pictures! / Nigerian Sat X Satellite Pictures Are Perfect / Satellite Pictures Of Nigeria Cities( Fraud Population) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2009
I want to show which state is better to be created from delta state. Is it Anioma state or coastal state.
So we compare the coastal state for the Ijaw, Isoko and Itsekiri. with anioma
Coastal state when compare to anioma state, 

1 It as more than 10 times the population of Anioma state
2. It produce oil. and in large quatity.
3. This would resolve the issue of militias and oil crisis.
4 the land size is nearly 5 times of anioma

Lagos A leader of Itsekiri women, Mrs Rita Lori Ogbebor, yesterday called for the creation of a coastal atate, and urged politicians in the Niger Delta to disarm their youth groups. Alleging plans by majority tribes in Delta State, to exterminate the Itsekiris, Ogbebor said the region can only have a say in Niger Delta, if the proposed Coastal State is created.The state, Ogbebor said, should comp,

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=13262

There is no better answer than satellite pictures of the two areas. Let see the satellite picture of anioma state first.

Anioma state

Asaba

http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/asaba858.jpg
others

Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 8:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
Isoko region
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Isoko is a region of Delta State in southern Nigeria and is inhabited by an ethnic group of the same name, the Isoko people. The region is divided into two Local Government Areas, Isoko North (headquartered at Ozoro) and Isoko South (headquartered at Oleh).

Contents [hide]
1 History
2 Geography and Climate
2.1 Location
2.2 Local Climatic conditions
2.3 Towns in Isoko
3 Economy
4 Demographics
5 Transport
6 Education
7 References

[edit] History
This region used to be a part of the defunct "Mid-West Region". It later became part of Bendel State, before Bendel State was split to form Edo and Delta states.

[edit] Geography and Climate

[edit] Location
The Isoko region is located in Delta State of modern Nigeria.

[edit] Local Climatic conditions
Isoko region is in the tropical rain forest area of the Niger-delta. The region experiences high rainfall and high humidity most of the year. The climate is equatorial and is marked by two distinct seasons. The Dry and Rainy seasons. The Dry season lasts from about November to April and is significantly marked by the cool "harmarttan" dusty haze from the north-east winds. The Rainy season spans May to October with a brief dry spell in August.

[edit] Towns in Isoko
Some major towns in Isoko region are:

Ada
Aradhe
Aviara
Bethel
Ellu
Emede
Emevor
Enhwe
Erowa
Ibrede
Idheze
Igbide
Igbuku
owehlogbo
Irri
Ivori
Ivrogbo
Iyede
Ofagbe
Okpe
Oleh
Olomoro
Onogboko
Orie
Otor-Owhe
Ovrode
Owhe
Otibio
Oyede
Ozoro
Umeh
Uro
Utue
Uzere

[edit] Economy
The main economic activity is food crop farming. And the staple food crops include cassava and yams. There is also the widespread production of palm oil and palm kernels. Limited amount of hunting and fishing is also done. Women form a large proportion of the farming population. They also engage in trade of food crops for cash to meet other basic household needs. On market days, it is common to see Isoko women peddling their assorted goods around neighboring villages.

Cassava is the source of most of the foods consumed by the Isoko people. Garri, starch meal (Ozi), Egu are cassava derivatives.

Food crop production has been declining rapidly recently. This has been largely attributed to soil damage resulting from frequent crude oil spills from pipelines belonging to some of the major oil producing companies (including Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), whose pipeline network transverse the landscape). This has led to large-scale frustrations with Shell Petroleum Development Company, and has resulted in skirmishes and, recently, kidnappings for ransom in some neighboring communities.

[edit] Demographics
There is no definitive population census figure on the region of Isoko and, indeed, most of Nigeria. The various Nigerian census figures have been controversial and are deemed unsupportable.[1]

[edit] Transport
Popular mode of transport is the motorcycle and bicycle. Inter-city travel is by bus or car.

[edit] Education
Several secondary schools and post-secondary schools exist in the region. The Isoko people know the value of education and encourage their young to attend school. The Isoko people have been known to be very passionate about location of education infrastructure in their communities, believing it is a mark of progress.

Early emphasis was on teacher-training schools and this led to a glut of teachers in the community. This is rapidly changing as opportunities offered by other professions are recognized.

Major post-primary educational institutions in the region include Notre Dame College, Ozoro; James Welch Grammar School, Emevor; Saint Joseph's Teacher's College, Ozoro; Saint Michael's College Oleh; Bribina Grammar School, Ozoro, and several more. Post-secondary schools include a campus of the Delta State University at Oleh and a Polytechnic at Ozoro.

The Early IPA
By Binaebi Oguoko
The early Ijo community in London evolved around the Ijaw People’s Association (IPA), which was founded in 1948 by the enlightened efforts of a few ordinary Ijo men. The main impetus came from Mr Young Kpiaye (Founding President of the IPA), He was not an educated man in the academic sense, but he had a keen sense of Ijo cultural and political awareness. He felt the need for an organisation that could bring the individuals and their families under one community umbrella. Thus the birth of the Ijaw People’s Association (IPA) of the United Kingdom & Ireland. He went around rallying and convincing the Ijaw men living in London at the time, on the need for an Ijaw organisation that could act as a cultural and social/welfare focus. It all started in Bethnal Green East London in the house of Mr James Ingobor (deceased). The original foundation members who had joined before 1957 include messrs; H A Ofiniama (1st secretary of the IPA from 1948-1965), Lawrence Okorodudu (18 years as president and 7 years as vice president), A Zitubo, M B Oguoko (chairman 1964), J K Okoro (foundation treasurer till 1967), Y Kpiaye (foundation President till 1967), Y K Mieboh, W Oloula, D Appiah, Stephen Okpokpo, M Kantel (foundation vice president till 1969, he later moved to Manchester), M Suwari, I Alagoa, M Abeki, P Kalabeke, L Enekeme, L E Okudu, P Norman, J Ingobor and C Ijebu. Others joined in the 1960’s onwards and include a wide cross section of Ijos drawn from the different parts of Ijawland.

The various occupations of the individuals who came to the UK at this time ranged from railway workers (engineers, examiners, labourers), factory workers and clerical staff. Many sought to improve their education by going to night school and college. Many of these early pioneers married from the local white community or went back to Nigeria to marry an Ijo wife. Most of the children of these marriages have grown-up and become full adults and form what is now known as the British born Ijo (Ijaw) community in London. Some are members of the present IPA.

The Ijo community the UK, from the late 1940’s took an interest in the political development of Nigeria. When the late Chief HR Dappa Biriye, as a young Barrister and representative of THE RIVERS PEOPLE & CHIEFS CONFERENCE representing the Ijos and Niger Delta Peoples, attended the 1957 Constitutional Conference, he met with the IPA of London at 40 Grove Road East London. He briefed them on the political developments of the time and the need for the Ijos to rise out of poverty and underdevelopment.

The Ijaw People’s Association is currently under the leadership of Mr Rowland Ekperi, the President.

Warri city in coastal state( just only one city , so imagine the others.)

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri542.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri1278.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri2243.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri3972.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri4601.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri5258.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri6567.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri7290.jpg[/img]

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri8293.jpg[/img]
[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08436/warri9645.jpg[/img]
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2009
I know a good Pschiatrist who would be of much help to you.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by jazzsoul: 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2009
Why are you advocating the creation of states based on ethnic origins? This is a slippery slope that shows no end in sight. Will you create a state for the 300 or so linguistic areas of Nigeria?

Most of the current states in Nigeria are not economically viable and Nigeria does not need any more new states.

I wonder how people put up with your tribalism in Ontario.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2009
what tribalism, that i told you the truth and show you the picture is that tribalism. Hi, am I an ijaw man or isoko man or itsekiri. I am not so what tribalism are you talking about.

So you want them not to give the people who produce the oil a state, while they create for people that do not . How fair is that. Sorry. If i upset you. but i cant stop telling the truth. it is in my nature.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by ikeyman00(m): 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2009
listen become-confused

na ur time u de waste'

na baifra get those ppl

so u wana leaves, hurry up and mend up with benin
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by jazzsoul: 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2009
Mr Becommrich, you did not address any of my questions to you. Giving the people that produce oil a state will not the lack of leadership and absolute corruption that has adversely affected people in that region.

How many states do you believe is ideal for Nigeria given that most of the existing states are not economically viable? I am not in favour of the environmental degradation or the lack of resources in the oil producing areas of Nigeria. Creation of new states will not be the panacea to those problems.

Most of your posts appear to pit one tribe against the other in Nigeria. If one sounds and writes like a tribalist, then he/she is most likey a tribalist.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by ikeyman00(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2009
jazz

becomerich is so tribalistic, no denyin that!!

it speak for itself; nevertheless the so called tribe that got kings still let the yoruba poeple down big time
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
If you want to talk about benin republic, than i would reply you. but i am only showing you this pictures. so that you would see, and not be push to beleive nonsense.

When you are ready to talk about benin republic. contact me.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by ikeyman00(m): 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2009
k me heard u

but emm i understand a lot of yorubas arent interested in your movement

so me guessing u stressin just on your village
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 11:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
see you reply on the other thread.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 4:00am On Apr 22, 2009
o no
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 1:30am On Apr 23, 2009
Ikey do you know that the portion in red as about the same population as ibadan but the census claim more than 10 million people there.

So that means Ibadan is more 10 million

Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Strength10: 2:50am On Apr 23, 2009
Becomrich, you are just a stupid, bombastic, uncircumsized, slowpoke. Infact, i think your're a big bastard because do not know your father because if your father raised you right, you would'nt come to this forum spueing all the rubbish, stupidity and division you like to create. I'll piss on your grave slowpoke. What the hell is wrong with you and what fcking division and peopaganda are you trying to portray?. Idiot.
How could you use satelite pictures to judge the population of a people. Onitsha people do not live in singe houses you slowpoke. Almost all houses in onitsha are 4 floors/story high because of too much populatoin in the state compared to land. So how could youl quote there huge population based on some stupid freaking satelite pictures you may or maynot have manufactured you basatard?. What is the essence of this thread. To follow the crowd, your illerate brother Obasanjo and your norther counterparts to under count a peoplE?. That strategy does not work anymore, so you should go find your self a better thing to do. Foolish monkey . Nobody messes with my poepl without getting stung, Bastardistic asshole,
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by sherifatou: 2:52am On Apr 23, 2009
lol

pepper na pain! grin
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Abagworo(m): 4:35am On Apr 23, 2009
lets compare

Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by ikeyman00(m): 6:42am On Apr 23, 2009
hahhhahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

haha o well
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2009
I am right and you are wrong, have you ever heard of the word density and linear settlement before.

what you see of igboland are 80% mostly linearly settlement.

Who can not compare a cluster settlement with a nearly settlement . the population of cluster settlement is alway high.

see the picture when i zoom in into igboland. And also when i zoom in to Ibadan. Ibadan is the first picture. The second picture is igboland. And you see space of empty land inbetween the picture, But the first picture in Ibadan have less than 200,000 people. Is that possible. Now check the other picture of Igboland. So you see by the end of the day. IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT 5 to 8 PICTURES of IGBOLAND pictures to make up 1 IBADAN picture.apart from onitsha and owerri. All of the others are linear settlement.

I would be back with pictures.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2009
You see Yar adua group kill himself when they destroy the south west PDP. This is where the population is.

Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Abagworo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2009
@becomerich.i always try my best to be diplomatic with you.i know map reading too and there is something called loose cluster and dense cluster.igbo heartland comprises of loose cluster and not linear as u stated.3x of loose cluster is equals to a dense cluster.again you have to visit igboland and notice the height of the houses as compared to ibadan with older bungalows and pockets of tall buildings.i challenge you to show me picture of a street in ibadan with six 3storey buildings in a row as residential houses.i ld produce pictures of streets from aba,onitsha and enugu.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Abagworo(m): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2009
@becomerich.i always try my best to be diplomatic with you.i know map reading too and there is something called loose cluster and dense cluster.igbo heartland comprises of loose cluster and not linear as u stated.3x of loose cluster is equals to a dense cluster.again you have to visit igboland and notice the height of the houses as compared to ibadan with older bungalows and pockets of tall buildings.i challenge you to show me picture of a street in ibadan with six 3storey buildings in a row as residential houses.i ld produce pictures of streets from aba,onitsha and enugu.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Abagworo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2009
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by ezeagu(m): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2009
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2009
from what i see I see linear settle mostly. I cant help you. Even with your linearly settlement. you are still better than the northern small settlement. If that would make you happy.
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2009
If you make  a crusted settlemet linear. You can make it reach ilorin from ibadan. that is if you make them linear.

But I did not get the same satellite picture like you. I notice, you have been playing with the picture like ezeagu. I would assume, you are the ezeagu with a new name.  What you did was bend the picture at an angle. You think you are smart. I was wondering how did you make ibadan look small. You be 419.

Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2009
You can see from the picture below. I can only fit. 3 Ibadan into the igboland picture.

So it tell me. the igboland is about 3 time the land space of ibadan.  But when I zoom if. the picture shows me linear settle. And it would take more than 3, 4 or 5 to fill up one of ibadan. so I know there are about the same.

Now, I notice the new scale use by google it was not there before. But what you use is the eye altitude. Which is to the right hand corner of picture.

See material by google. refering to eye altitude (the elevation of your viewpoint).

http://earth.google.com/userguide/v4/tutorials/navigating.html

Now compare kano small town to the igbo towns. You would see another reason the south is more than the north.

Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Becomrrich: 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2009
compare igboland small towns . with the north average towns. You see the north  is noway nearly the south.

Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by ikeyman00(m): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2009
linear settlement!!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahhhh

u see how these yoruba get lost each time they come out from the cave to east!!!

not suprised!!

my friend u are sturborn loser

u soon reaslise that!!
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2009
Ikeyman, everytime I see your post, you dey always yab pesin.

Kilo de? dem curse you ni? shocked shocked
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by blacksta(m): 10:58pm On Apr 23, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Ikeyman, everytime I see your post, you dey always yab pesin.

Kilo de? dem curse you ni?  shocked shocked

u dey look for trouble  - please let sleeping dog lie  grin
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Hauwa1: 10:58pm On Apr 23, 2009
interesting, lipsrsealed

anyway looking for grandad's home in that pix, Becomerich. maybe you could help me locate it  wink
Re: Coastal State From Delta State Compare To Anioma, Satellite Pictures. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2009
blacksta:

u dey look for trouble - please let sleeping dog lie grin
I know he'll come back with more grammatical errors grin grin

Trouble, I love. tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Plans Nationwide Electricity-Demand Survey / Why Igbo Must Reject Goodluck Jonathan Now. / Omg!!! Suddenly Nta News Now Tell Us Gen Buhari Actually Has A Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.