Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text (32866 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari 57th Independence Speech (video) / Fayose's Presidential Declaration Address/Speech (Full Text & Photos) / Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by tempel(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2015
What a nice speech I hope this change you preach comes to pass in a great nation Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by mizmia: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
Niceiroko:
U n ur family eat thrice a day n pe r hungry n bcux of ur slowness pple r losing der jobs evryday bastard,If ministers r noise makers what use to appoint them when u hv settled fr dictatorship If ministers r noise makers what use to appoint them when u hv settled fr dictatorship
My question: Were you eating 3 times a day when the clueless one was the president

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by iwaeda: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
President Jonathan has become a reference point to our democracy,God bless him greatly and God blesd Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by simdam500(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2015
ORACLE1975: So Op u have decided not to allow me to be first to comment again well thank I guess it time for me to leave the forum,

To leave over first to comment

Who on nairaland still read FTC sef... better relax and enjoy the independent
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by simdam500(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2015
iwaeda: President Jonathan has become a reference point to our democracy,God bless him greatly and God blesd Nigeria.

GEJ is not perfect but he has attained the level of greatness everyone would wish for at least *hating aside*
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by chukkiephil(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2015
Happy Independence day cool

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by MrGerald(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2015
Nigeria is ninth most populous country in the world, and so what? vision less and directionless regime/leadership
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by toonzay(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2015
ganja06:
Still blaming GEJ

So it took him 4 months to know how many ministries to run his government. How many months will it take him to formulate his policies?

PMB stop blaming GEJ
If you keep looking back you cannot move forward
you have short sight...... or you forgot?
"order is more vital than speed"
mehn.....I don't just get it. some people still spit shit
if this is a comprehension passage... mehn...u'v failed
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by feyilag(f): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2015
awesome speech 4rm PMB,precise& straight 2 d point.hapi new month y'all& hapi 55th independence anniversary 2 dis great nation NIGERIA!!change begins with u,eradication of corruption begins wit u,a greater Nigeria of our dreams begins with u!!! divided we fall,united we stand!!!#say no 2 terrorism,say no 2 tribalism#i luv 9ja grin
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by toonzay(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2015
mizmia:

My question: Were you eating 3 times a day when the clueless one was the president
she's a b*tch you know....... she's even barking. no1 cares for a local dog
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by toonzay(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2015
Marcelinho:
I DON'T BELIEVE IF CHANGE IS NOT ACHIVE
CHANGE THAT IS WHAT HE PROMISE N THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE NOT SEEN
see for yourself "BELIEVE IF CHANGE IS NOT ACHIVE"
even you need change
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by Phatbutty: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2015
LMAyedun:
What a useless speech.
Talking like the late Umaru Musa Yar'Adua in his dying days
(May he continue to rest in peace)

I'm tired of Buhari and his talkative, Instagram & photo addicted team... Too much talks with very little to show.

No economic & employment direction/Policies, No Plans.
how can u urself measure senselessness, y can't u go to d power &nd perform miracles in 3 months, miracles like constant power, #50 per liter petrol, defeat boko haram, #1 to $1 etc. Like there was no government b4 his own &nd why didn't they do the supposed, b4 Buhari's administration, mumu set of idiots. Pls all nairalanders, let us join our hands to cure this person's stupidity

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by jossyr(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Well Done Mr president, we r right behind u
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by dantewest: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2015
Buhari's supporters will do anything to make it look like Buhari is faultless, stainless, all knowing, saint, purer than saints, holier than holy, cleanest, sanest, most hardworking, and most sincere man in Nigeria. Non is holier or better than Buhari.

That is just sad, cos Buhari is definitely not who the media propaganda paint him to be.

Although, there has been light so far. I just pray the Nation won't be misruled as we have always been.

And for those shouting Wailing wailers at anyone who questions Buhari, those people are the most dangerous people to give any sorts of relevance to.

Instead of them to argue with sense and fact, they resort to silly abuses and name calling. That is simply immature, brutal and wicked.

The term wailing wailer is used to discredit any other point of view that any legitimate Nigerian have. I see it as a wicked type of censorship, attacking the sub consciousness of anyone who doesnt fall in line with the party's point of view.

Grab a book, not just any book. Read 1984 by George Orwell. Read it and gain insights to how the government is not to be trusted, especially in this modern age.

Be wise.
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by jadek2015(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2015
seunlayi:
Thank you, I was unable to pick his word while the broadcast was on. His speech needs to be subtitled.
I do sell hearing aid.
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by ALISMILE(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2015
Olisah Metuh and d PDP will ve difficulty criticizing this man! The man is jus perfect! PDP doomed for generations to come!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by teamchocolate: 10:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Order is more vital than speed

wink

LMAyedun:
What a useless speech.

I'm tired of Buhari and his talkative, Instagram & photo addicted team... Too much talks with very little to show.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by samsongbemisola(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2015
gassdon:
The dullards celebration
you wey u sabi where u dey?
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by ALISMILE(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2015
dantewest:

Be wise.
they re wailer because this govt. is yet to give anybdy any reason to criticise! They accuse d Presidnt of tins he is nt! So wat else do we call pple who blindly criticise?
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by Sulaimon01(m): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2015
LMAyedun:
What a useless speech.

I just pray you don't end up hanging yourself over this PMB issue!
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by Sulaimon01(m): 10:34am On Oct 01, 2015
LMAyedun:
What a useless speech.

I just pray you don't end up hanging yourself over this PMB issue!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by Haderoncare(f): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2015
Keneking:

What is an ear doctor called?
otorrlaryngologist
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 01, 2015
Wow!!!
GOD bless Mr president
GOD bless Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by repogirl(f): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2015
Keneking:

What is an ear doctor called?
dis one pass ear doctor capabilities! angry
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by citygarden(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2015
Great !!!
Grandpa
Happy independent day
“I would like to end my address this morning on our agenda for CHANGE. Change does not just happen. You and I and all of us must appreciate that we all have our part to play if we want to bring change about. We must change our lawless habits, our attitude to public office and public trust. We must change our unruly behaviour in schools, hospitals, market places, motor parks, on the roads, in homes and offices. To bring about change, we must change ourselves by being law-abiding citizens.
“Happy Independence Celebrations. Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by omooba969(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2015
PassingShot:
Good he acknowledged GEJ's sportsmanship.

Overall, the speech is brief but succinct and touched on all important aspects.

Inpatience is not a virtue indeed. It is a major factor that brought us where we are today.

@bolded,

'Brief & succinct' are almost the same in meaning, not appropriate to use the two words in the same context because 'Succinct' encompasses 'Brief'. smiley

cool
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by Kemakolamoha(m): 11:14am On Oct 01, 2015
Nigeria and nigerians will definitely survive. In due course the era of sorrow shall be over. Happy independence all.
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by kazey123(m): 11:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Am happy I voted this man called PBM.. Good address.new nigeria has arrive. God bless NIGERIA!
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by dazdilijae(m): 11:28am On Oct 01, 2015
seunlayi:
Thank you, I was unable to pick his word while the broadcast was on. His speech needs to be subtitled. Even my guests were just staying at the screen until they asked me after the speech that what did he spoke about? I ask them to wait, I quickly opened this thread before I can understand the speech. God will help you to fulfill your wish for this country

cheesy cheesy my daughter asked me wat he was saying n I said that's president Buhari giving an independence speech she den asked if dats hw he talks n if I understand the words he was speaking so it's nt jus u cheesy
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by LaconicINC: 11:32am On Oct 01, 2015
"Order is more vital than speed. Careful and deliberate decisions after consultations get far better results" I love this part!
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by LaconicINC: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2015
LMAyedun:
What a useless speech.

there goes Orubebe, your source of income has been cut off, I understand your anger! But order is more important than speed
Re: President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text by ORACLE1975(m): 11:50am On Oct 01, 2015
simdam500:

To leave over first to comment

Who on nairaland still read FTC sef... better relax and enjoy the independent
so is good for one take your life and give it to others?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme’s Body At His Enugu Residence (Photos) / Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa / House of Representatives Adopt Motion Over Removal Of Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.