Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply (5765 Views)

Edo APC Ridicules PDP On Facebook, See Public Reaction (snapshots) / Staunch Saraki Supporter Posted This On Facebook; See Reactions From Kwarans / See What El Rufai Posted After Army Killed 3 Of Zakzaky's Children Last Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by biafranqueen: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
basilo101:
And why is nobody asking of the proof?
That would take cognitive thinking skills which is unavailable to 95%ers

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by maestroferddi: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
As Usual I knew it will be my Igbo people that will not be happy with this development

The truth is that Igbos hate Buhari and can never see any good in him. Even if he turns Enugu into Dubai, they will still hate him just because he has stopped their meal ticket after he defeated the clueless one.

Whether Igbos like it or not, Buhari will rule this country for the next 4 years and another 4 hopefully. Nigeria will change for the better with or without Igbo majority support.

A government slashed spending by over 350% and yet Igbos are complaining.

SMH ....
You are obviously not making full use of your mental faculties.

No-one is justifying reckless wastefulness but if I were you I would take the claim of spending only N70 million for the independence celebration with a pinch of salt.

Firstly, the party APC has achieved infamy for mindless propaganda. The party is making a name for itself in the manipulation of public opinion. APC knows how to launch hollowness into the public space with the sole aim of deflecting attention from the litany of failed promises and ineptitude.

You were told that seventy million was spent. Where is the proof? Is it that most of the service providers for the event rendered their services ex gratia or free of charge? What is the breakdown of the expenses? One would have expected misguided people like El Rufai to have availed Nigerians with some semblance of documentary evidence if he wanted to be taken seriously.

Nigerians elected APC into office to foster measurable and tangible socio-economic development and not to engage in gratuitous propaganda.

Jonathan is history, Buhari is the present. We are however yet to see Buhari's presents. Improved power supply is, by the way, Jonathan's brainchild.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
kheart:

There is clear difference between being bitter and being an opposition.

U re wisdom so I bet u get my point

Who else can be so bitter and angry that the Igbos chose to exercise their franchise rights by casting their votes for an Ijaw man in 2015, when in reality Igbos have worked with other ethnic groups to vote Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas for the presidency at different political dispensations?

Who else can be so bitter and angry at the peace-loving Igbos for being more successful than their 'host'?

Who will not fail to use every given opportunity to remind Igbos that they should be grateful for being 'accommodated' in the same country as if Igbos are being given lands for free?

Who else can be so bitter and will not hesitate to remind Igbos of the horrors of the civil war of 1967-70, caused by their greedy and wicked forbears who committed genocide on Igbos for daring to have a separate existence?

Who else can be so bitter and enraged as to spew venoms against the peace-loving Igbo people for daring to seek self-determination?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
obailala:
..And what exactly is this opinion if I may ask?... Is it justifying and defending the spending of billions on independence celebration?... is that an opinion or isn't that just pure display of foolishness in public?.... Someone in those pictures actually claimed it was only a yearly event and that since Nigeria was a rich country, there was nothing wrong with such waste; is that what you refer to as opinion?... Whatever happened to just keeping quiet when there is really nothing to say?...

I am a full blooded Igbo man but I am ashamed of most of my tribesmen lately.

Mister, that last line of yours is totally uncalled for just because you're still bitter that a people have the guts to seek a separate existence.
You don't need to claim to be an Igbo man to make such frivolous, provocative statements in a public forum.

Tell, in the past decades which other tribe other than the Igbos have so clamoured for the restructuring of the polity to ensure probity, accountability, justice, equity and fair play?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by obailala(m): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
xtrorse:

Mister, that last line of yours is totally uncalled for just because you're still bitter that a people have the guts to seek a separate existence.
You don't need to claim to be an Igbo man to make such frivolous, provocative statements in a public forum.

Tell, in the past decades which other tribe other than the Igbos have so clamoured for the restructuring of the polity to ensure probity, accountability, justice, equity and fair play?
Well I'm sorry, but in this particular context, I just had to say it to express exactly how irritated I was. I don't have a problem with people seeking a separate existence or whatever you call it, but when the actions of these people brings ridicule to me, you can't blame me for feeling incensed... and if I didn't identify my origins, my statement would have simply come across as the words of another one of the silly tribalists on this forum.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
grin
juman:
Hmmmm.

Kai, billions spent for cerebrating failure.
grin
juman:
Hmmmm.

Kai, billions spent for cerebrating failure.
awwww salah ram like you is that the spelling of celebrate

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
obailala:
Well I'm sorry, but in this particular context, I just had to say it to express exactly how irritated I was. I don't have a problem with people seeking a separate existence or whatever you call it, but when the actions of these people brings ridicule to me, you can't blame me for feeling incensed... and if I didn't identify my origins, my statement would have simply come across as the words of another one of the silly tribalists on this forum.

It's honourable not to make frivolous statements like equating the call for self-determination to being seen as a ridicule...

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by obailala(m): 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
xtrorse:

It's honourable not to make frivolous statements like equating the call for self-determination to being seen as a ridicule...
Are you lost or what?... My comment was directed at a person who was indirectly defending the previous government's expenses on October 1 celebrations... Seeking self determination does not mean making ridiculous arguments in defense of the indefensible all because you think you have a do-or-die duty to oppose the government of a man you hate so much... Self determination indeed! all because a man lost an election... There is a point where you cross the line and start bringing ridicule to yourselves... and like the popular saying, "It is the brother of a madman that bears the shame"
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
obailala:
Are you lost or what?... My comment was directed at a person who was indirectly defending the previous government's expenses on October 1 celebrations... Seeking self determination does not mean making ridiculous arguments in defense of the indefensible all because you think you have a do-or-die duty to oppose the government of a man you hate so much... Self determination indeed! all because a man lost an election... There is a point where you cross the line and start bringing ridicule to yourselves... and like the popular saying, "It is the brother of a madman that bears the shame"

You appear to be the lost fellow here for dare dragging the Igbos into your misery.

What correlation has self-determination got to do with hate for a man? Is the call for self-determination a recent phenomenon? Are you alright at all?

This is not the first time you have exhibited your callousness and anger at the Igbos for not following your line of reasoning.

You've been in the habit of defending the indefensible with your arrogant and selfish stance against the Igbos.

There's freedom of association and so do well to channel your negative energies towards consolidating your OduaArewanistan republic...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Enahi(f): 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:

It is his business because the federal government is currently controlled by his own party and has been able to save Nigerians billions of Naira that would have ended up in private pockets on a day like this.

Despite the fact that El Rufai is a governor, he is also a Nigerian

Buhari is God sent

Elrufia is a fulani herdsman. He should go back to where he belongs.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by obailala(m): 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
xtrorse:

You appear to be the lost fellow here for dare dragging the Igbos into your misery.

What correlation has self-determination got to do with hate for a man? Is the call for self-determination a recent phenomenon? Are you alright at all?

This is not the first time you have exhibited your callousness and anger at the Igbos for not following your line of reasoning.

You've been in the habit of defending the indefensible with your arrogant and selfish stance against the Igbos.

There's freedom of association and so do well to channel your negative energies towards consolidating your OduaArewanistan republic...
Oh pleeease! it's no news that the idea of self determination was only re-awakened after GEJ lost an election and PMB took over. So please save that your weak storyfor kids on this forum.... and once again, self determination doesnt mean bringing ridicule to your tribe.
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
obailala:

Oh pleeease! it's no news that the idea of self determination was only re-awakened after GEJ lost an election and PMB took over. So please save that your weak storyfor kids on this forum.... and once again, self determination doesnt mean bringing ridicule to your tribe.

You're simply irredeemable for dare stating that the call for self-determination was recently re-awakened!

Once again, the call for self-determination is not a crime and should never mean bringing ridicule to a tribe.

Do well to direct your allegiance to OduaArewanistan republic or else be ready for more heartaches...

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by oliverbraks: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
Is not all abt making comparism on paper were is the surplus n masses are stil suffering n workers salary ar pending el mai_wari. Tell nigeria d truth u cant fool us we ar elites n not zombi... [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by obailala(m): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
xtrorse:

You're simply irredeemable for dare stating that the call for self-determination was recently re-awakened!

Once again, the call for self-determination is not a crime and should never mean bringing ridicule to a tribe.

Do well to direct your allegiance to OduaArewanistan republic or else be ready for more heartaches...
I'm sorry but my allegiance is to Nigeria my country and not some xenophobic hate themed republic which is being promoted by some albino in london and his confused followers.
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
obailala:
I'm sorry but my allegiance is to Nigeria my country and not some xenophobic hate themed republic which is being promoted by some albino in london and his confused followers.

A Fraudulent union, that's been maintained and continued to be maintained with the sacrifice of millions/thousands of innocent people while some parasitic ingrates refused every right step to restructuring the system but kept on changing the goal-post to suit their whims and caprices as their slavish cheerleaders hail them from the sideline, is worse than a Xenophobic republic whose purpose and direction is known already...

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by denko(m): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
If Buhari is that prudent he will not be building telepad in Katsina for his plane to land when his predecessor used secondary school for same purpose

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Donchkus(m): 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hypocrisy....... Talking wt two mouth....have u forgotten ur own time wt obj.....idiot....
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Bobola62: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
keshprince:
Wetin dem use all that billions do? The way government waste nigerian money under gej regime nawa o.
. Only God knows ooooo. I weep for Nigeria. Even people's comments on serious issues can make one sick.
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Fess: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
The pint-sized governor of Kaduna State didn't tell us how much was spent from 1999. The midget pulled down other people's houses and reallocated the lands to his cronies.

He has been designed to fail as a public officer just like his co-traveler Daura President.
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by churchmind: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
sammyomal:
Photos
wen an eskimo specie or zacheus,yet still a very dwarf being like el-rufai speak it is just like one wanting to b notice or heard in a crowd it is on record dat he paid abuja prostitute,slept wit peoples wife n stole abuja land shared it wit his wives n prostitute .el-rufai u r common criminal breed wit our common resource.
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by mikolo80: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
Dannyset:
Different feelings, different reactions.
That's Nigerians for you. We can't sleep and face the same direction. But while dis is good, I won't commend El-Rufai for it. He should be busy than dragging the names of past leaders in the mud. He should leave Nigerians to do this.
thats the difference between a winner and a loser.
he is planning for 2019 and beyond
you are thinking of now
why he will continue to hammer while you continue to complain(achieving nothing)
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by ruggedtimi(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
but buhari's helipad thng is suprising....abi the helipad na mansion?...lookng forwrd to the nxt governmnt, Fayose: " Ribadu N 70million for presidential helipad in the 36 states / buhari 70mill for helipad in daura..new dimension govt we voted for"
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by wytecat: 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hmm, I got something more valuable from the comments that follow.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by Borderless: 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
jabbok:
I wonder how El Rufai sleeps at night.

Like a "manahiki" bat of course!
Re: El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply by nigerianvenom(m): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
basilo101:
And why is nobody asking of the proof?

Because d are all sycophants and ill informed nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

1,000 Naira Note: Will there be inflation? / Massob Are On Government Payroll / Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.