Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi (5051 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Francis5: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
"We need to decongest Lagos not by forcing people out of Lagos, but by attracting people out of Lagos... Pat Utomi

Modified by me with the material in bold below for emphasis:

"We need to decongest Lagos not by forcing people out of Lagos (like Fashola deportation ?) but by attracting people out of Lagos...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Francis5: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
I hope Utomi can become the minister of national planning. He is very right about Lagos.
How do you expect people not to flock to Lagos where the FG concentrated everything that is national in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by asha80(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:
I hope Utomi can become the minister of national planning. He is very right about Lagos.
How do you expect people not to flock to Lagos where the FG concentrated everything that is national in Nigeria?
when and where did he say that?
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by youngeagle(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
was really a nice speech he delivered
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Ofodirinwa: 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
Minister of National Planning for saying something that's total common sense. I would like to hear someone put science behind what they plan to do outside of saying the obvious, because it's clearly deeper than the obvious.

8 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Francis5: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
Minister of National Planning for saying something that's total common sense. I would like to hear someone put science behind what they plan to do outside of saying the obvious, because it's clearly deeper than the obvious.

Some others will deport you to your own part of Nigeria. Between that and what Utomi said, which one do you prefer?
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by asha80(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

Some others will deport you to your own part of Nigeria. Between that and what Utomi said, which one do you prefer?
do you have the whole speech?
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Ofodirinwa: 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

They're both stupid, and i'm beginning to wonder if this is all we have in brain power. How can you deport someone from a place they drove to freely, they'll just drive back.

How can you present 'lets make other places more attractive' as a plan to decongest Lagos? Will the Lagos State government halt their own development so that others will surpass them? Will the businesses in Lagos stop hiring? Will people stop investing there even though it's the best market in the country?

People invest in PH, Enugu, Makurdi etc. But for every 1 business that goes to these places 20 go to Lagos. Lagos is now building Eko Atlantic. Will we tell them to stop? Will we build one in Ibadan, Kano, Katsina and Uyo just to make sure Lagos isn't too attractive? Will he increase the budget of Non-Lagosian states?

It's obvious to all of us that we would be advantaged by other placed being as strong as Lagos. This isn't an 'idea'. We would be advantaged if we call have N1 billion naira as well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Francis5: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
do you have the whole speech?

Dude, you are in Nigeria, I am in America, 1000s of miles away. You should be better able to find the whole transcript than me.

1 Like

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Ofodirinwa: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

Dude, you are in Nigeria, I am in America, 1000s of miles away. You should be better able to find the whole transcript than me.

LMFAOOOOO
to be fair it's easier to know what's happening in Nigeria from America than it is in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by sammyj: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Obrigardo: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
Yes, very correct.

The SE leaders need to bring their heads together and stop this disunity between them
Onitsha, Aba, Awka, Enugu, Umuahia all have the ingredients to be far better than Lagos X 1000 if they could leave their selfish ambitions behind and "attract" their brothers from Lagos. None of them is even pushing the SE development agenda either in the senate or the presidency and some fools are shouting Biafra, so who go come develop Biafra when no one gives a shyt about south east then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Francis5: 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

LMFAOOOOO
to be fair it's easier to know what's happening in Nigeria from America than it is in Nigeria.

I know, but Asha is a particularly news-lazy guy. Was just teasing him cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by asha80(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

internet has no boundaries..moreover I am not aware he made any speech until now..no light

2 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by bugzbunny: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
Step one~dredge river Niger
Step two~relocate some multinational H.q offices to other part of the country..
Step three~build cargo airports across the country especially the east
Step four~create jobs

Half of lagos populace are fed up with the stress...but they gat to eat..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Francis5: 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
internet has no boundaries..moreover I am not aware he made any speech until now..no light

In space, yes news has no boundaries but in time, not really. It takes more time to upload breaking news onto cyberspace, and then for it to be available globally than it would be just sitting down and watching it in real time on TV in the source country/location.
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by asha80(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
bugzbunny:
Step four~create jobs

I think building another deep sea port on an appropriate place on the other side of niger will be much better

1 Like

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Bevista: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
They're both stupid, and i'm beginning to wonder if this is all we have in brain power. How can you deport someone from a place they drove to freely, they'll just drive back.

How can you present 'lets make other places more attractive' as a plan to decongest Lagos? Will the Lagos State government halt their own development so that others will surpass them? Will the businesses in Lagos stop hiring? Will people stop investing there even though it's the best market in the country?

People invest in PH, Enugu, Makurdi etc. But for every 1 business that goes to these places 20 go to Lagos. Lagos is now building Eko Atlantic. Will we tell them to stop? Will we build one in Ibadan, Kano, Katsina and Uyo just to make sure Lagos isn't too attractive? Will he increase the budget of Non-Lagosian states?

It's obvious to all of us that we would be advantaged by other placed being as strong as Lagos. This isn't an 'idea'. We would be advantaged if we call have N1 billion naira as well.
I do agree that Lagos still offers the most attractive choice for investors. However, I think there is merit in Pat's comment.

I do think that there are a lot of people who would seriously consider relocating from Lagos just to escape traffic stress, if only opportunities were to spring up elsewhere that can match similar opportunities in Lagos.

Even if 3 opportunities were to spring up in Lagos for every 1 that spring up in other states, the AGGREGATE opportunities from other states would still exceed that of Lagos leading to a NET outflow of residents.

So, yes, I believe that if there are sufficient investments in other states, it just might decongest Lagos or at the very minimum, reduce the population growth rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by scribble: 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
Former US President
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by kettykin: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
Cost of doing business in Lagos is very high.
By the time a deep sea port is located in Akwa Ibom state most of eastern business men would relocate.

The oil companies headquarters in Lagos like chevron, Total, mobil have no business staying in Lagos, they should be made relocate to the niger delta hosting the oil wells.
Including NNPC too.

Consulate offices of the major destinations should open office in Port Harcourt and Enugu. Like China, Britain, France Germany, US, South Africa.

The federal government should invest in infrastructure like repairs of highways linking major cities in the niger delta.,making Enugu international airport same standard as Abuja international airport.
More than half of the visitors in Lagos would gladly leave. Lagos would become less congested, the cries of marginalization will reduce, dissent and plans for Secession will die out. The economy will be boosted and reinvigorated. And the gdp of the country would improve with more jobs created.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Yeske2(m): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
when and where did he say that?
Channels TV on platform, i heard it too.
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Yeske2(m): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
Relocation of the multinationals, dredging the Niger, giving us a valuable seaport, an enviable airport like MMIA2 Lagos and NAIA Abuja, persuading embassies to open consular offices in the east and opening up seaports along the south south would've done so much but the clueless one felt otherwise

2 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by lincolnj88: 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
Share d country and watch everybody run back to thier zone
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by alaoeri: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
bugzbunny:
Step four~create jobs

Dredging of Niger is capital intensive & the process must be continuous so its not advisable, Yar'adua try am no show.
Most multinational once relocated their head offices, they have to come back to Lagos due to insecurity.
Cargo airports won't solve the problem, 85% of goods or more come through the sea & vice versa because its cheaper.
Only jobs in hinterlands may have little effects.

2 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

What are the "things" the FG concentrated in Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by bugzbunny: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
alaoeri:

Dredging of Niger is capital intensive & the process must be continuous so its not advisable, Yar'adua try am no show.
Most multinational once relocated their head offices, they have to come back to Lagos due to insecurity.
Cargo airports won't solve the problem, 85% of goods or more come through the sea & vice versa because its cheaper.
Only jobs in hinterlands may have little effects.
All these can be done if the govt. is sincere
But its all political.. U knw this

1 Like

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Omololu007(m): 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
bugzbunny:
you better stop deceiving yourself,,River Niger will never be dredge by the federal government...so are you saying the federal government to force companies to move there headquarters from lagos state? Cause I don't really understand.....the federal government can't build cargo airports across the country..let the state government build it

2 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Omololu007(m): 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
kettykin:
Cost of doing business in Lagos is very high.
By the time a deep sea port is located in Akwa Ibom state most of eastern business men would relocate.
so what is stoPping the akwa ibom state government from building this una sea port?

2 Likes

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by Omololu007(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

please can you explain what you mean by this?

1 Like

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by chigoizie7(m): 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Yes, he is correct,

1. FG should site other sea ports in other parts of naija, and watch lagos de-congest.

2. FG should make other federal airports in naija to be as standardized as MMI airport and watch lagos de-congest.

And so many of them.
Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by chigoizie7(m): 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Omololu007:
so what is stoPping the akwa ibom state government from building this una sea port?

Sea ports is a very big capital intensive project that can only be embarked on by FG considering the current economic situation. And akwa-ibom Can not just do that.

Lagos state govt did not build the port in Lagos, FG did, and with money generated from naija exports.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Decongest Lagos-pat Utomi by ibedun: 12:31am On Oct 02, 2015
That overhyped fraudulent flatheaded cross-eyed albino should deport himself from Lagos first. Pat Utomidiot, thief go and return bank Phb money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Muslims Share Equal Responsibilty For Terror Attacks / First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers, June 1959 - Photo / Tension As Pillar Of Light Appears From The Sky During IPOB Peaceful March-PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.