Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

"Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi (14627 Views)

Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) / Evidence That Igbos Developed Lagos / How Igbos Developed Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

"Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by hornyofife: 2:01pm On May 08, 2017
What do you make of the title given to Fayose by IPOB, Honorary Governor of Biafra?

(Laughs hysterically) I think that’s part of the fun of the moment. Biafra is not a state, so how come it has a governor? But I think that his move should inspire a number of people. People forget that one of the great heroes of Biafra was (Prof.) Wole Soyinka. He was actually jailed for speaking up (against) the injustices of 1966/1967 that happened to the Igbo people. He was harassed. So, it is not a new tradition from Yorubaland that people of conscience recognise that something is wrong somewhere. Therefore, wherever there are opportunistic people who try to capitalise on these in their own interests, there are people of goodwill and strong conscience who recognise differently. And I think this must be the project now, to get those people of good conscience to break this thing.

What do you make of the title given to Fayose by IPOB, Honorary Governor of Biafra?

(Laughs hysterically) I think that’s part of the fun of the moment. Biafra is not a state, so how come it has a governor? But I think that his move should inspire a number of people. People forget that one of the great heroes of Biafra was (Prof.) Wole Soyinka. He was actually jailed for speaking up (against) the injustices of 1966/1967 that happened to the Igbo people. He was harassed. So, it is not a new tradition from Yorubaland that people of conscience recognise that something is wrong somewhere. Therefore, wherever there are opportunistic people who try to capitalise on these in their own interests, there are people of goodwill and strong conscience who recognise differently. And I think this must be the project now, to get those people of good conscience to break this thing.

The reason Lagos is as developed as it is, to the envy of everybody, is every simple. During the Civil War, the divide-and-rule game played by the Federal Government led to Igbos being eviscerated in Port Harcourt (Rivers State), which is part of Igboland. Igbos then turned to Lagos and the people of Lagos were welcoming of the Igbo people, and that is why Lagos is the way it is today as a strong centre of commerce in the world. I think that the lessons from that, which is the point I tried to make when the Oba (of Lagos) made a joking remark during the election that people took too far.

http://punchng.com/abandoning-nnamdi-kanu-may-haunt-south-east-leaders-in-2019-pat-utomi/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by lilmaydee(m): 2:03pm On May 08, 2017
Ftc since 2012 of being a member on this forum.
Oga Seun na cash I want oo not cheque.
Back to post. We thank Igbos for helping us develop Lagos. Please let them go and develop their region too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Eastwalk(m): 2:07pm On May 08, 2017
We even developed Abuja, we only allow Onitsha to be the most polluted city in the world.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by PenisCaP: 2:12pm On May 08, 2017
Sadly its true

9 Likes

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Blue3k2: 2:20pm On May 08, 2017
Why are you spinning quote. He obviously meant Lagos was a welcoming place in time of exclusion. That's why it grew into commercial hub due to its friendly policies.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Igboesika: 2:32pm On May 08, 2017
Afonjas how far ?

9 Likes

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by uglyafonja: 2:35pm On May 08, 2017
Eastwalk:
We even developed Abuja, we only allow Onitsha to be the most polluted city in the world.

Since yesterday you are just been frustrated from all side....considering the thread been created lately....

I will advice you to take it easy before you die of envy.......Everything is not about tribalism.... try to live above tribalism and hatred and see how handsome and healthy you will look in the next few days.....

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Jaabioro(m): 2:36pm On May 08, 2017
The main IPOB problem are Yoruba.. the have developed the hatred beyond....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Basic123: 2:40pm On May 08, 2017
What is so special?

He is only bragging and chest beating like his brothers have always done.He is only living up to expectations.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Basic123: 2:41pm On May 08, 2017
Some one above who's is monicker is shouting tribalism is advising against tribalism.The world is really getting old.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:42pm On May 08, 2017
Eastwalk:

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:43pm On May 08, 2017
Eastwalk:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Basic123: 3:01pm On May 08, 2017
The "ibadan brown roof fetishists"IBFR like the one above me illogicality and hypocrisy are legendary and you just exposed yourself.

By the way,with the post above are you trying to say you dirt lagos like you did to ONITSHA,ABA and UMAIHA in this WHO data or what?...this is the illogicality we always talk of.

when lagos is good its a no man's land when its bad it belongs to the yorubas.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Eastwalk(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2017
uglyafonja:

Since yesterday you are just been frustrated from all side....considering the thread been created lately....

I will advice you to take it easy before you die of envy.......Everything is not about tribalism.... try to live above tribalism and hatred and see how handsome and healthy you will look in the next few days.....
Pieces of bunkum......, I am talking of onitsha as a city you are fiddling on trabalism. nw who is tribalistic. Going through your signature all your post are tribalistic infact you should check ur username. And if envy really kills then half of your kinsmen should be dead by now, you deal with ur inferiority complex by claiming other people ahcievement. PH is own by the ijaw you claim its igboland. Lagos is developed by all tribe but majorly by the owners the yorubas. and you claim you developed it. What enviousness can be more than that you are even jelous of the beautiful yoruba people by bearing a stupid username.

Let me come and be going

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ODVanguard: 3:16pm On May 08, 2017
Basic123:
The "ibadan brown roof fetishists"IBFR like the one above me illogicality and hypocrisy are legendary and you just exposed yourself.

By the way,with the post above are you trying to say you dirt lagos like you did to onitsha or what?...this is the illogicality we always talk of.

when lagos is good its a no man's land when its bad it belongs to the yorubas.

Are you minding them? Even the PH sef is more developed than anywhere in the SE. Upon all their noise about developing everywhere else nowhere in their entire region is as developed as Lagos, Abuja, PH, or even Ibadan sef. cheesy

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ExplorerReturns(m): 3:20pm On May 08, 2017
@eastwalk and ODVanguardoung you must be foolish to claim that port Harcourt is owned by ijaws. porthacourt is pure Igbo land and the satellite city and expansion is obigbo which is still Igbo land.

we already know that Yoruba land is landlocked. Lagos coastlines is owned by the binis and history support this while Ogun and ondo is owned by ilajes which is an ijaw sub group known as apo ijaws. you guys used population and political influence to carve this people into Yoruba land shame on you!!!!!

ODVanguard:

Can you please quit spamming my mention Mr. IPob. Yorubas are not your problem, OK?? It's not my fault nor concern if Ikwerres denounce their igbo affiliation just to keep PH out of SE sphere of influence, or that ijaws lay claim to PH. Plus, I don't understand this ipob fascination with Lagos sef. You are a nobody and too inconsequential for me to even dignify your trolling about Lagos ownership with a response, really.

When you all get your Biafraa, una fit name una capital Lagos coz this Lagos right here will forever remain Yorubaland and the heritage of the Yoruba. The Lagoon is there for you to help yourself with if you got a problem with that. undecided

ogbomosho man you started looking for trouble when you fell into a thread meant for Igbo's like your oduduwa and started spilling trash. will anybody have talked of Lagos if not for your mischievous and Hippocratic claim. what concerns port Harcourt and Yoruba's? allow Igbo's who the thread concerns to comment but you carried your bile into this place.

you should have been more concerned why amadioha kicked out oduduwa from the sky.

NB it is also my fault that the oba of Lagos denied any affiliation with the Yoruba's

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ExplorerReturns(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2017
ODVanguard:

Are you minding them? Even the PH sef is more developed than anywhere in the SE. Upon all their noise about developing everywhere else nowhere in their entire region is as developed as Lagos, Abuja, PH, or even Ibadan sef. cheesy

stop claiming Lagos and accept you are from the rusty leaky roof of Ibadan. don't stay in your ogbomosho and mowe idp camp and tell us where is Igbo land and where is not. the PH your claiming belongs to ijaws,how many ijaws has ruled rivers state?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Cooly100: 3:26pm On May 08, 2017
Eastwalk:
Pieces of bunkum......, I am talking of onitsha as a city you are fiddling on trabalism. nw who is tribalistic. Going through your signature all your post are tribalistic infact you should check ur username. And if envy really kills then half of your kinsmen should be dead by now, you deal with ur inferiority complex by claiming other people ahcievement. PH is own by the ijaw you claim its igboland. Lagos is developed by all tribe but majorly by the owners the yorubas. and you claim you developed it. What enviousness can be more than that you are even jelous of the beautiful yoruba people by bearing a stupid username.

Port Harcourt (Ikwerre: Ígúọ́cha;[12][13][14] Pidgin: Po-ta-kot[3][Note 1]) is the capital and largest city of Rivers State, Nigeria. It lies along the Bonny River and is located in the Niger Delta. As of 2016, the Port Harcourt urban area has an estimated population of 1,865,000 inhabitants, up from 1,382,592 as of 2006.[15][9]

The area that became Port Harcourt in 1912 was before that part of the farmlands of the Diobu village group of the Ikwerre, an Igbo sub-group (a controversial claim).[16] The colonial administration of Nigeria created the port to export coal from the collieries of Enugu located 243 kilometres (151 mi) north of Port Harcourt,[17] to which it was linked by a railway called the Eastern Line, also built by the British.[2][17][18] Wiki..

-------------------------------

Afonja, you need some education.

Very soon you will say Onitsha belongs to the Binis, Enugu to the Wawas, Owerri to the Opobos...You can claim the Igbos have no city... to make you happy...Rubbish...

13 Likes

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ExplorerReturns(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2017
Cooly100:

Port Harcourt (Ikwerre: Ígúọ́cha;[12][13][14] Pidgin: Po-ta-kot[3][Note 1]) is the capital and largest city of Rivers State, Nigeria. It lies along the Bonny River and is located in the Niger Delta. As of 2016, the Port Harcourt urban area has an estimated population of 1,865,000 inhabitants, up from 1,382,592 as of 2006.[15][9]

The area that became Port Harcourt in 1912 was before that part of the farmlands of the Diobu village group of the Ikwerre, an Igbo sub-group (a controversial claim).[16] The colonial administration of Nigeria created the port to export coal from the collieries of Enugu located 243 kilometres (151 mi) north of Port Harcourt,[17] to which it was linked by a railway called the Eastern Line, also built by the British.[2][17][18] Wiki..

-------------------------------

Afonja, you need some education.

Very soon you will say Onitsha belongs to the Binis, Enugu to the Wawas, Owerri to the Opobos...You can claim the Igbos have no city... to make you happy...Rubbish...

can you imagine an afonja will sit in his idp camp in ogbomosho and be dictating to a rivers man where and where is not igboland.?

14 Likes

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Eastwalk(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2017
ExplorerReturns:
@eastwalk and ODVanguardoung you must be foolish to claim that port Harcourt is owned by ijaws. porthacourt is pure Igbo land and the satellite city and expansion is obigbo which is still Igbo land.

we already know that Yoruba land is landlocked. Lagos coastlines is owned by the binis and history support this while Ogun and ondo is owned by ilajes which is an ijaw sub group known as apo ijaws. you guys used population and political influence to carve this people into Yoruba land shame on you!!!!!
Trash I don't engage overly ignorant folks.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ExplorerReturns(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2017
Eastwalk:

oba of Lagos has told you guys time without numbers that Lagos is belongs to Bini. what relationship has oni of ife and oba of Lagos? there is no connection!
go back and live in your idp camp below and stop claiming peoples land

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by softmind24: 3:37pm On May 08, 2017
angry
Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ODVanguard: 3:38pm On May 08, 2017
ExplorerReturns:

stop claiming Lagos and accept you are from the rusty leaky roof of Ibadan. don't stay in your ogbomosho and mowe idp camp and tell us where is Igbo land and where is not. the PH your claiming belongs to ijaws,how many ijaws has ruled rivers state?
Can you please quit spamming my mention Mr. IPob. Yorubas are not your problem, OK?? It's not my fault nor concern if Ikwerres denounce their igbo affiliation just to keep PH out of SE sphere of influence, or that ijaws lay claim to PH. Plus, I don't understand this ipob fascination with Lagos sef. You are a nobody and too inconsequential for me to even dignify your trolling about Lagos ownership with a response, really.

When you all get your Biafraa, una fit name una capital Lagos coz this Lagos right here will forever remain Yorubaland and the heritage of the Yoruba. The Lagoon is there for you to help yourself with if you got a problem with that. undecided

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Akshow: 3:38pm On May 08, 2017
Yeah Portharcourt is part of igbo land, just like Israel and yeah, they developed Lagos just like they did Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, South Africa etc. Smello flaaaatiiiiess

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by hucienda: 3:38pm On May 08, 2017
e-battle looming over here ...
Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by obajoey(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2017
this people again...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On May 08, 2017
I'm yet to find where he made the assertion in the quoted text. Can someone help me pls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ExplorerReturns(m): 3:39pm On May 08, 2017
Eastwalk:
Trash I don't engage overly ignorant folks.
what ignorance is greater than saying that porthacourt is ijaw land?

you forgot that your Almighty Lagos belongs to the benis as the oba of Lagos claimed.

go back to ogbomosho which is 100% undisputable Yoruba land

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by hollywater: 3:39pm On May 08, 2017
Afonjas over to you. Tell him how he used to sale drug and the rest.

3 Likes

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by Amberon: 3:39pm On May 08, 2017
If PH was igboland they would have never run away from it during the war. All Igbo's went to their homes during the war and the fact they ran away from PH tells you it isn't theirs.

14 Likes

Re: "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi by ajalaolanr(m): 3:40pm On May 08, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Lagos 2019: PDP Members Kick Against Alleged Imposition Of Candidate / Salami Panel Report: Fear Grips Magu’s Boys / Fact Check: Crude Oil Never Sold For $100 Per Barrel Under Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.