Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! - Dating And Meet-up Zone (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! (7844 Views)

I Am Giving Away Up To 100k On This Thread And Lots More / Ladies: 7 Signs To Know If Ur BF Is A Cultist.. / If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:16am On Jan 30, 2016
zaragal:

Does dude no dey represent ooo...talking frm experience

Akwaibom dudes do not "represent"? Such self-hating stereotypical hogwash which is being propagandised by the South-Western media!

They try to distort our reputation by projecting us as dregs of the society. Thank the Heavens for the aggressive campaign of infrastructural, social and economic rebranding by the administration of God'sWill Akpabio.

I was sold the same cowdung about the Akwaibom people while growing up...not until I relocated to Uyo years ago did I come to the afore-explained realization.
WE TOWER ABOVE THE REST!

I'm an Akwaibomite! I'm an Ibibio dude! Above all, I stand out positively with a rare kind of superior aura offline and online (not excluding Nairaland) and my antecedent comments bear me witness.

There are countless Akwaibom males like me - I frolick with them everyday- and we are in the majority.

I do not speak with any distinctive Nigerian accent (not to mention the much maligned Akwaibom accent) and my diction is (quasi-)perfect. Same with my siblings and friends.

I bet you even speak the English Language with a tinge of Yoruba accent which is dismally ironic.

That ship you are standing on is sinking in the thawing ice of western prejucidice against us. Akwaibomites are amongst the most educated natives and yes! Zaragal, we do "represent" whether in Lagos, Uyo, Abuja or Auckland!

Emancipate yourself from the Yoruba media prejudice!

Cc:

Firstking01

Peeparty

Annangboy

Sparklered

Udysweet

Siamia
[/b]
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Akwaibom dudes do not "represent"? Such self-hating stereotypical hogwash which is being propagandised by the South-Western media!

They try to distort our reputation by projecting us as dregs of the society. Thank the Heavens for the aggressive campaign of infrastructural, social and economic rebranding by the administration of God'sWill Akpabio.

I was sold the same cowdung about the Akwaibom people while growing up...not until I relocated to Uyo years ago did I come to the afore-explained realization.
WE TOWER ABOVE THE REST!

I'm an Akwaibomite! I'm an Ibibio dude! Above all, I stand out positively with a rare kind of superior aura offline and online (not excluding Nairaland) and my antecedent comments bear me witness.

There are countless Akwaibom males like me - I frolick with them everyday- and we are in the majority.

I do not speak with any distinctive Nigerian accent (not to mention the much maligned Akwaibom accent) and my diction is (quasi-)perfect. Same with my siblings and friends.

I bet you even speak the English Language with a tinge of Yoruba accent which is dismally ironic.

That ship you are standing on is sinking in the thawing ice of western prejucidice against us. Akwaibomites are amongst the most educated natives and yes! Zaragal, we do "represent" whether in Lagos, Uyo, Abuja or Auckland!

Cc:

Firstking01

Peeparty

Annangboy

Siamia
[/b]

undecided
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by udysweet(f): 11:02am On Jan 30, 2016
Mbon ufok emesiere,mkpo abadie?
Chisos! TheSonofmark ado dieh?Jus opened my eyes now afta d small sleep from d nite vigil,to log in to NL and I see a few mentions. This ur grammar mbok tone it down,lol! Its making my head ache,and no strenght to go find my dictionary,lol! I think dat Zaragal's post is been long and she's only givin her own opinion(wch I tink she's entitled to)based on wat her experience has been so far. Am only on this thread becos of the mention and that I followed it back then and got a notification so it won't be nice if I bypass.
Likely to be in Uyo all things been equal and by His grace,next week(if plans don't change o)I will surely look out for a lot of my "ayin ekas"and maybe other NLers living in Uyo.
Have a great weekend all,need to complete this sleep,lol
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by firstking01(m): 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

WE TOWER ABOVE THE REST!

Cc:

Firstking01

Peeparty

Annangboy

Sparklered

Udysweet

Siamia
[/b]
no mind that mpapana iwot grin
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

WE TOWER ABOVE THE REST!

Cc:

Firstking01

Peeparty

Annangboy

Sparklered

Udysweet

Siamia
[/b]

dont i have the right to my chioice again...wat is wrong with nairaland...can u guys give a break wuth this tribe tin....pls get off my mention dude
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by sparkleRed(f): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

WE TOWER ABOVE THE REST!

Cc:

Firstking01

Peeparty

Annangboy

Sparklered

Udysweet

Siamia
[/b]

Wats happening am lost
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 12:29am On Jan 31, 2016
Yes dear.... Abadie
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 12:37am On Jan 31, 2016
Nice meeting u too sister.... M from uyo.... Ifa atai etoi to be precise
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 12:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Hy.... Abadie
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 12:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Oku clan...... He hehehe... Kinda funny tho
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 12:41am On Jan 31, 2016
Yes dear... I speak hausa very fluently... I also speak ibibio fluently too.... M also hoping to settle down with an akwa ibomite someday by God's grace.... No place like home jor....
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 12:43am On Jan 31, 2016
Yes dear... Etoi is a clan... My mum is from mbiabong etoi while my dad is from ifa atai etoi.... Neighbouring villages sha....
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by etenyong(m): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2016
Princess4ng:
Oku clan...... He hehehe... Kinda funny tho

Oku clan. Funny?
That`s my clan. Proud to be from Ikot Ntuen Oku.

1 Like

Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Heineken(m): 10:01am On Jan 31, 2016
I just rounded off my Nysc in uyo last year October. I lived then in udo udoma.. I love uyo people and akwaibom state. Wow, I remember Plaza, Tropicana and abak road.
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Ndifreke12(m): 9:53am On Feb 03, 2016
Ndito eka, abadie?
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Maccoy1(m): 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
peace be unto this house
very happy to bump into this thread.
Born in lag grew up in different cities including Uyo
Single but not searching.
never been home for a while now
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Mznaett: 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
grin
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by paste007(m): 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by jabojafa(m): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
Princess4ng:
Yes dear... I speak hausa very fluently... I also speak ibibio fluently too.... M also hoping to settle down with an akwa ibomite someday by God's grace.... No place like home jor....
good to knw u wanna settle down with an akwa ibomite. Well i cud link you up wit my bro who wants to get married dis yr. He resides in Abak. He is a teacher wit state sec sch.
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Raphael81(m): 9:38am On Mar 11, 2017
Princess4ng:
am from Akwa ibom state but born and brought up in the north although I usually go home often

wink
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Raphael81(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2017
zaragal:
Walks into thread majestically

Kwaibom Isong!!

Akwaibom full blood but lagos born and bred cheesy

I don't like calabar or akwaibom guys sha...

Forgive me

Why na?

1 Like

Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Raphael81(m): 9:52am On Mar 11, 2017
sparkleRed:

oh really be deceiving ursef dats was I was forming modern till they killed my fada I dey look u dey life, terrible witches, dat will always look for ways to pull their family members down undecided

Hmmmmm
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Raphael81(m): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2017
Princess4ng:
Yes dear... Etoi is a clan... My mum is from mbiabong etoi while my dad is from ifa atai etoi.... Neighbouring villages sha....

Mbiabong Etoi?
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Raphael81(m): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2017
Mznaett:
grin
[size=8pt][/size] grin cool
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
Raphael81:

Mbiabong Etoi?

Yes dear
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Raphael81(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
Princess4ng:

Yes dear

Wow that is my mum's village oh, hope we can be friends
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by talk2uwem(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2017
Am an AkwaIbomite, from Ikot abasi, edemeya community, but I reside in Abuja,I have bin to Lagos on two ocassion, but didnt stay up to two weeks, is it possible to be here and make friends. Because i love to mypeople.
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2017
Princess4ng:
come and settle down with me and let me wash your sorrows away grin
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Princess4ng(f): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Foxyn:
come and settle down with me and let me wash your sorrows away grin

Hahahahaha.... U funny sha
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by OgaBuhari: 2:19am On Jul 14, 2017
talk2uwem:
Am an AkwaIbomite, from Ikot abasi, edemeya community, but I reside in Abuja,I have bin to Lagos on two ocassion, but didnt stay up to two weeks, is it possible to be here and make friends. Because i love to mypeople.
oga uwem abadie?
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice thread. Is it still alive, I would definitely love to make friends with my Akwa Ibom peeps here
Re: If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! by Brown253(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2017
ibibio dude, based in lagos.
09026561491..pls add me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Looking For A Smart And Honest Male Nigerian For Friendship Or Relationship. / How Do I Get Rich Sugar Daddy Whatsapp Numbers In Nigeria.? / I Need A Girlfriend{abuja Girls Only]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.