Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi (1191 Views)

Photos Of The Money Uncovered By EFCC In Ikoyi, Lagos / EFCC Discovers Hidden Money In Ikoyi Lagos Home (Photos, Video) / Zahra Buhari's Experience At The Burial Of The 7 Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by Jimdonnet(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hello guys good evening please I have an issue disturbing me.i was called last week Thursday to come and collect my international passport and came on Friday last week to ikoyi passport office but they were closed.actually I was at akwa ibom and I ran down to ikoyi to get the passport on getting there the whole place was closed I had to go back to akwa ibom that same day. Sunday the dude that did it for me called me and told me to come and get it.so I told him I will come Wednesday which was yesterday.i came to ikoyi yesterday from akwa ibom and thumb printed and collected my passport.then I went to the guy that did it for me and he asked for my passport which I gave him.then he said I should go.but I asked for my passport back he said my mum who is abroad by the way said he should seize it.my uncle who stood in as my guarantor also said they should hold it and when he comes they should give it to him. The issue is I have issues with my mum and uncle at the moment but does it affect my passport because I know my uncle can use it for some criminal purpose and he was my guarantor. Please I am thinking of calling in the police but I need someone to help me with someone that can get it back for me. Please note I raised alarm and the immigration officers there gathered and took the passport from him but he was insisting they should not give it to me.i am not a criminal but the guy called me criminal and all sort of unprintable names.i really want to sue him and get my passport back. Please if we have police officers here or anyone with the relevant authorities should please help me out.i have limited funds please cc-lalasticlala,obinoscopy,royalroy, seun please help me on front page I was harassed at ikoyi passport office
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
Call them and ask them why. They should be the first people you iron out the matter with.

What reason(s) did they give for withholding your passport?

To the police this will be treated as a family matter. You have no evidence to prove you uncle will use it for criminal purposes. Also are you above 18?
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by RoyalRoy(m): 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jimdonnet:
Hello guys good evening please I have an issue disturbing me.i was
called last week Thursday to come and collect my international
passport and came on Friday last week to ikoyi passport office but
they were closed.actually I was at akwa ibom and I ran down to
ikoyi to get the passport on getting there the whole place was
closed I had to go back to akwa ibom that same day.
Sunday the dude that did it for me called me and told me to come
and get it.so I told him I will come Wednesday which was
yesterday.i came to ikoyi yesterday from akwa ibom and thumb
printed and collected my passport.then I went to the guy that did
it for me and he asked for my passport which I gave him.then he
said I should go.but I asked for my passport back he said my mum
who is abroad by the way said he should seize it.my uncle who stood
in as my guarantor also said they should hold it and when he comes
they should give it to him.
The issue is I have issues with my mum and uncle at the moment but
does it affect my passport because I know my uncle can use it for
some criminal purpose and he was my guarantor. Please I am
thinking of calling in the police but I need someone to help me with
someone that can get it back for me.
Please note I raised alarm and the immigration officers there
gathered and took the passport from him but he was insisting they
should not give it to me.i am not a criminal but the guy called me
criminal and all sort of unprintable names.i really want to sue him
and get my passport back.
Please if we have police officers here or anyone with the relevant
authorities should please help me out.i have limited funds please
cc-lalasticlala,obinoscopy,royalroy, seun please help me on front page I was
harassed at ikoyi passport office

The problem is not with the Immigration office but with your family.

Your mum asked your Uncle who is also your guarantor to seize the passport from you?

Have u been planning to run away for any reason?

Your passport is your own, legitimately nobody else has a right to hold your passport except yourself.

Report to the nearest police station and probably get a lawyer to sue the agent and your Uncle.

Hoping this is settled amicably though.

All the best.

Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by Jimdonnet(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
RoyalRoy:

The problem is not with the Immigration office but with your family.

Your mum asked your Uncle who is also your guarantor to seize the passport from you?

Have u been planning to run away for any reason?

Your passport is your own, legitimately nobody else has a right to hold your passport except yourself.

Report to the nearest police station and probably get a lawyer to sue the agent and your Uncle.

Hoping this is settled amicably though.

All the best.

boss please do you have someone that can help me sir.actually I have no plan to run away at least I have always wanted to own a passport and it was snatched from me
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by Jimdonnet(m): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
dabriggs:

Call them and ask them why. They should be the first people you iron out the matter with.

What reason(s) did they give for withholding your passport?

To the police this will be treated as a family matter. You have no evidence to prove you uncle will use it for criminal purposes. Also are you above 18?

yes I am above 18.
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by RoyalRoy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jimdonnet:

boss please do you have someone that can help me sir.actually I have no plan to run away at least I have always wanted to own a passport and it was snatched from me

Will mail you soon as I can.
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by subzidi: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Op please send an email to chinedu.pavina@gmail.com will help get you a very good lawyer FOC. Sorry about what you are going through it breaks my heart to read your own mother hates YOU! Ha God have mercy!
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by onatisi(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is a family matter? If your uncle is the one that scared as your guarantor then he can sieze your passport if he believes you will use it for a criminal purpose. Secondly ,who paid for the passport or who funded its acquisition?was it you,your mother or uncle?
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by Joeace3000(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by Jimdonnet(m): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
Joeace3000:

I read your story and also stumbled on another one about you wanting a job when i checked your profile. Things must be really difficult for you. Well ill help you out on both issues. I am an immigration officer and i will help you retrieve your passport and also see if i can fix you up for a small job, not paying much but should be enough to survive on. You can gimme a bottle later call me up on 0706656434 2 let's work things out.

I also have accommodation issues sir
Re: My Harrowing Experience At Ikoyi by TCD: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
OP solution to your problem is simple. Just get a police report and declare your old passport missing/stolen. with this you can go to any immigration office and apply for a new one. this time do it in akwaibom. why travel all the way to Lagos in the first place is there no passport office in akwaibom?

(1) (Reply)

Live On AIT: Rivers State Govt Thanksgiving Service! / Portharcourt: Igwe-ocha / Police Arrest 125 Biafra Protesters In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.