Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive (1472 Views)

Nigeria Pleads For Death Row Nationals As Indonesia’s Top Diplomat Visits / PDP On Death Row, APC Gasping For Breath – Osinbajo / Wike Pays Condolence Visit To NYSC On Death Of Corps Member (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by siraj1402(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
In 1982 Mpagi Edward Edmary, a Ugandan taxi driver, was sentenced to death for the brutal murder of his neighbour. But not only was Edward an innocent man, there hadn’t even been a murder. Edward had been framed after a land dispute between families in the village got out of hand.
Witnesses were bribed to say they had seen him kill the man and dispose of the body. He spent the next 20 years in Kampala’s notorious Luzira prison and was only released when his family proved that the dead man had been hiding out in another part of the country.
As Edward says, “In Uganda, conditions for death row prisoners are cruel, degrading, and inhumane. We were always denied medicines. There were lice, flies, and other vermin in the prison, and this resulted in many illnesses – and many prisoners died from these illnesses.
In 1984 my brother developed malaria and stomach complications because of inadequate food and skin conditions. I pleaded with the prison authorities to give my brother medication and treatment.
However, they told me that we were brought to death row to face death, that it was a waste of taxpayer’s money to treat him. My brother died in 1985. This really scared me.
Life is terrible on death row in Uganda, Africa. No one was ever given any notice that they would be executed. Each time we were taken by complete surprise. We lived in complete fear of any unusual activity from the wardens.
During my stay in prison there were five rounds of executions. The last one was in 1999 in which the state executed 28 prisoners.
The coffins for the prisoners to be executed were made in the prison. During the three days before executions, we could all hear the making of the coffins. The black hoods and clothes for prisoners to be executed were made by other prisoners. We knew how many people were to be executed by counting the number of hoods being made.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/man-spent-20-years-on-death-row-for-murder-of-a-man-who-was-alive/

Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by siraj1402(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
undecided iya aimadi leleyi,Olohun maje kaba won je.

1 Like

Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by donholy28(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
wetin man no go hear for dix world sef
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by luvablesam(m): 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
The supposed dead neighbour should now replace the taxi driver in prison n spend d rest of his life there

1 Like

Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by ebbybest(f): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
jesu!!
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by Bambless1(m): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
Life Drama.........
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by Greyworld: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hmmmm!
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by Firefire(m): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
siraj1402:
undecided iya imadi leleyi,Olohun maje kaba won je.

Oga Siraji, I presume you mean, Iya Aimodi ?

Ki Olorun Oba ma je ki aba won jiya, aimodi. Akoba, adaba, ki Olorun le jina siwa ni oru awole sun yi. embarassed
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by Bondesniger(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
ONLY GOD knows
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by Blackfire(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
*Tears in my eyes*.

Why are we human wicked?

1 Like

Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by rawpadgin(m): 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
for what na! the man must die for real
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
Many people suffer for crimes they never commited.
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by ruffhandu: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Everyone involved should be jailed for life, including the prosecutors and the false witnesses.
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by laudate: 12:57am On Oct 02, 2015
Chisos!! shocked shocked Talk about man's inhumanity to man!! Those who framed him, should be made to spend the next 20 years of their own lives in jail! angry
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by daddysprincess(f): 6:28am On Oct 02, 2015
Terrible I must say. When will africa get there. Such things happens in africa countries all the time
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by miki1(m): 6:35am On Oct 02, 2015
Now that cruel!
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by englishmart(m): 6:38am On Oct 02, 2015
what are they saying? can you murder a dead man before?

1 Like

Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by Springz(f): 6:51am On Oct 02, 2015
Being framed for what you did not do is soooo painful. The wasted years.
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by otukpo(f): 7:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Terrible. Nigeria is still better than many countries.
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by sinkhole: 7:20am On Oct 02, 2015
If na me, after my release I will "kuku ma" commit the real crime they jailed me for!
After reading I just SMH for Africa!
Re: Man Spent 20 Years On Death Row For Murder Of A Man Who Was Alive by godoluwa(m): 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
terrible

(1) (Reply)

APC Can’t Penetrate Into My Constituency – David Mark / Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari / Breaking News : Biafra Peaceful Protest Not Suspended - Uche Mefor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.