Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,142 members, 7,957,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard (1405 Views)

Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed / Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi / Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Chimarto: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
By Ndahi Marama
MAIDUGURI- Several female suicide bombers on
Thursday evening, sneaked into Sageri, Ajilari and
other outskirts of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital,
carrying out multiple blasts, which sources said,
scores of innocent civilians were feared dead and
injured.
File photo: Gombe presidential rally Car-Bomb-
Blast
Ajilari ward which is an outskirt of Maiduguri had
two days before the Eid witnessed a deadly suicide
bombings, including an attack on a mosque which
left over 100 people dead with 97 seriously injured.
The multiple explosions in Sageri and Ajilari
occurred simultaneously at about 7:30pm after
which men of the 7 Division, Nigerian Army
responded with their artelary fire power towards
that affected area, a situation that left many
residents fleeing into the main city for safety.
A source close to the scene at Sageri told our
Correspondent that the female suicide bombers who
sneaked into the area on tricycle detonated their
explosives at a popular public gathering near a tea
seller joint (Mai Shai) in Hausa, while luck ran out of
the other female suicide bomber, as she was
apprehended by vigilante youths. The explosives
wrapped into her body, however, failed to explode at
her targeting point.
When contacted, the Deputy Director, Army Public
Relations, Col. Tukur Gusau said troops were
immediately deployed to the affected area to
ascertain the incident, but declined comment on any
casualties.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/independence-day-bombing-scores-feared-killed-injured-as-female-suicide-bombers-hit-bornu/

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by hotice01: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
Na wa oooo
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by danio24ng(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
This is not a palatable news, these cowards are so silly. Rip to the lost heroes.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by mormoni(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2015

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Alexander001(m): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
on independence day? common sense no be common oo.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by okeyley: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
this is is serious ........

come

where is buhari
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Onyejiuwaokoh: 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
Posterity will judge us for allowing terrorism and its religion to exist on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Borderless: 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
okeyley:
this is is serious ........come, where is buhari

Where is Buhari?

He is busy doing push ups with Oga Buratai. grin

3 Likes

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by MaziARINZE01: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
The DSS and Army intelligence must be so silly not to foresee it coming.

Even an ordinary civilian knows that such act would be attempted by those 1$lamic 1diots on October 1. sad

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Image123(m): 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
MaziARINZE01:
The DSS and Army intelligence must be so silly not to foresee it coming.

Even an ordinary civilian knows that such act would be attempted by those 1$lamic 1diots on October 1. sad

Suggest solutions. A fellow mad man did his own too in US killing 13 and injuring 20.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Akpan107(m): 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
okeyley:
this is is serious ........

come

where is buhari
Buhari: Military Offensive against Boko Haram, Anti-north , Articles www​.thisdaylive.com/... against -boko - ... APC need to apologise to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by arewamobile: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
subhanallahi!
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by hinwazaka: 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
I WANT TO GIVE A BIG SHOUTOUT TO THE ARMY CHIEF, GENERAL BURUTAI, THE PRESIDENT, THE ARMY SPOKESMAN AND ALL THOSE WHO TOLD US THE BOKO HARAM SECT HAS BEEN DEFEATED. I WANT TO WISH THEM A HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, ON BEHALF OF THE SCORES OF SOULS WHICH WERE WASTED TODAY, DUE TO THE ARROGANCE AND INCOMPETENCE OF OUR GOVERNMENT. MY SHOUTOUT WON'T BE COMPLETE WITHOUT GIVING A TWALE TO THE ONE AND ONLY VP DWARF, PROF OSINBAJO, WHO MADE US UNDERSTAND THAT BOMBS WERE FOR MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS ALIKE. MR VP, I LISTENED TO THE RIDICULOUS INTERVIEW YOU HAD TODAY ON THE PLATFORM, WHICH WAS HOSTED BY THE COVENANT CHURCH. PROF WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE 5K ALLOWANCE YOU PROMISED US. PLEASE DON'T TAKE TOO LONG, AND ALSO, PLEASE PASS ON MY CONDOLENCES TO THE JAGABAN FOR ME. I HEARD HE WAS ADMITTED INTO THE ER, AFTER SARAKI AND THE BBON( BIG BOYS OF NIGERIA) FLOORED AND DESTROYED HIS DEFT MOVES. BABA, THERE ARE WORSE DAYS AHEAD, SO PLEASE SAVE YOUR STRENGTH. AND FINALLY I WISH THE ARMY SERVICE CHIEFS, THE PRESIDENT, HIS VICE, THE APC GOVERNMENT, THE APC PARTY, AND MOST ESPECIALLY, THEIR E- MEDIA TEAM( NGENEUKWENU, PASSING SHOT, GBAWE, OMENKA) A HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by ERAKAMUS: 12:02am On Oct 02, 2015
Ban Hi.jab they will say their prophet ordered them so 5-6years back their prophet never ordered them then USELESS ISLAMIST.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by GaniLAb(m): 12:14am On Oct 02, 2015
Chimarto:

By Ndahi Marama
MAIDUGURI- Several female suicide bombers on
Thursday evening, sneaked into Sageri, Ajilari and
other outskirts of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital,
carrying out multiple blasts, which sources said,
scores of innocent civilians were feared dead and
injured.
File photo: Gombe presidential rally Car-Bomb-
Blast
Ajilari ward which is an outskirt of Maiduguri had
two days before the Eid witnessed a deadly suicide
bombings, including an attack on a mosque which
left over 100 people dead with 97 seriously injured.
The multiple explosions in Sageri and Ajilari
occurred simultaneously at about 7:30pm after
which men of the 7 Division, Nigerian Army
responded with their artelary fire power towards
that affected area, a situation that left many
residents fleeing into the main city for safety.
A source close to the scene at Sageri told our
Correspondent that the female suicide bombers who
sneaked into the area on tricycle detonated their
explosives at a popular public gathering near a tea
seller joint (Mai Shai) in Hausa, while luck ran out of
the other female suicide bomber, as she was
apprehended by vigilante youths. The explosives
wrapped into her body, however, failed to explode at
her targeting point.
When contacted, the Deputy Director, Army Public
Relations, Col. Tukur Gusau said troops were
immediately deployed to the affected area to
ascertain the incident, but declined comment on any
casualties.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/independence-day-bombing-scores-feared-killed-injured-as-female-suicide-bombers-hit-bornu/
o my God
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by leofab(f): 12:19am On Oct 02, 2015
this is bad reallly bad...
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Bekwarra(m): 12:51am On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by kamair237(m): 2:12am On Oct 02, 2015
weh naija...
Wen will it end
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by Image123(m): 2:18am On Oct 02, 2015
hinwazaka:
I WANT TO GIVE A BIG SHOUTOUT TO THE ARMY CHIEF, GENERAL BURUTAI, THE PRESIDENT, THE ARMY SPOKESMAN AND ALL THOSE WHO TOLD US THE BOKO HARAM SECT HAS BEEN DEFEATED. I WANT TO WISH THEM A HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, ON BEHALF OF THE SCORES OF SOULS WHICH WERE WASTED TODAY, DUE TO THE ARROGANCE AND INCOMPETENCE OF OUR GOVERNMENT. MY SHOUTOUT WON'T BE COMPLETE WITHOUT GIVING A TWALE TO THE ONE AND ONLY VP DWARF, PROF OSINBAJO, WHO MADE US UNDERSTAND THAT BOMBS WERE FOR MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS ALIKE. MR VP, I LISTENED TO THE RIDICULOUS INTERVIEW YOU HAD TODAY ON THE PLATFORM, WHICH WAS HOSTED BY THE COVENANT CHURCH. PROF WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE 5K ALLOWANCE YOU PROMISED US. PLEASE DON'T TAKE TOO LONG, AND ALSO, PLEASE PASS ON MY CONDOLENCES TO THE JAGABAN FOR ME. I HEARD HE WAS ADMITTED INTO THE ER, AFTER SARAKI AND THE BBON( BIG BOYS OF NIGERIA) FLOORED AND DESTROYED HIS DEFT MOVES. BABA, THERE ARE WORSE DAYS AHEAD, SO PLEASE SAVE YOUR STRENGTH. AND FINALLY I WISH THE ARMY SERVICE CHIEFS, THE PRESIDENT, HIS VICE, THE APC GOVERNMENT, THE APC PARTY, AND MOST ESPECIALLY, THEIR E- MEDIA TEAM( NGENEUKWENU, PASSING SHOT, GBAWE, OMENKA) A HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.

America also had one mad man doing similar on soft targets today, any comments?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by khassy(m): 4:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Independence day and bomb blast are becoming synonymous undecided

BTW today's my mums birthday

can I get some likes crycrycry
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by juman(m): 4:46am On Oct 02, 2015
The masses are the casualty of the bad governance.

Ordinary people are killed anyhow.

Very unfortunate.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: Scores Feared Killed : Vanguard by pet4ril(f): 5:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Oh no angry

(1) (Reply)

We Started Investigating Alison-madueke Since 2013 – UK National Crime Agency / Debunking Gov. Fayose's Claims On Alamiesiegha's Death -by Zeezarapture / See What This White Girl Said About Black Africans On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.