Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? (3941 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
The bible says God called abraham and promised him and his generations alot, but what i want to knw is where people like d ancient chinese who wer not mentiond in d bible or even africans went wen they died, if they went to hell it dozn't seem fair cuz d gospel wasn't brough to them in d first place, anybody with answers shld pls explain
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by mazaje(m): 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2009
will the present day jews living in israel most of which do not believe in jesus go to heaven? grin grin grin
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Lady2(f): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2009
tudor:

The bible says God called abraham and promised him and his generations alot, but what i want to knw is where people like d ancient chinese who wer not mentiond in d bible or even africans went wen they died, if they went to hell it dozn't seem fair cuz d gospel wasn't brough to them in d first place, anybody with answers shld pls explain

that is why the doctrine of purgatory is biblical. And the Bible says Jesus descended unto the land of the dead (Hades, Sheol, Purgatory all the same place), and he preached to those in prison, and they were saved there. They heard the gospel sir or madam.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 9:58am On Apr 22, 2009
So all i need do is sin like hell,go to pugatory and d messiah will cum preach to me and i'm saved, dat sounds lyk d best deal i've heard in years!
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by vwvw(m): 10:08am On Apr 22, 2009
some questions don't have answers
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 11:19am On Apr 22, 2009
There has to be answers,afterall some pple claim to speak wiv God,some say they see him;surely they cn ask him his plans 4 doz doomed fellows
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Lady2(f): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
tudor:

So all i need do is sin like hell,go to pugatory and d messiah will cum preach to me and i'm saved, dat sounds lyk d best deal i've heard in years!

Wrong that isn't the doctrine of purgatory. Those who were preached to in prison were those who stayed in line with God. Those who believed in him and who followed him. God is the God of the universe, not of the Israelites alone, so yes he did reveal himself to them in the way they would understand, however he chose one people and named them as his own to lead the path to bringing his salvation to the world. So those who believed in him were in purgatory or hades or sheol (it is all the same place with different names by the way) and when Christ came he descended to them and released them from prison after preaching to them, they had to accept him.
For example, the Jewish atriarchs were not in heaven with God, they were in the land of the dead.

Purgatory doesn't get erased, however, ask Christ said he holds the keys to the place of the dead, Christ wouldn't hold the keys to the place that doesn't exist.
So purgatory is not for bad people who like to sin. It is for those who've accepted Christ and believe in the One Triune God that go to purgatory, they will all make it to heaven, but they have to get purged from their attachment to sin, hence the name purgatory. But initially it was called hades by the greek and sheol by the hebrews.
So that's where they went.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2009
u see why people dnt reply to ur answer its cos its not valid and if they continue replying u its like talking to a lunatic cos u will never listen always arguying blindlly, dear nairalander continue ur ill ways am sure u wil be guarantied purgatory by paying for mass for forgiveness of ur sins,humm i pity u
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Lady2(f): 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2009
uplawal:

u see why people dnt reply to ur answer its cos its not valid and if they continue replying u its like talking to a lunatic cos u will never listen always arguying blindlly, dear nairalander continue ur ill ways am sure u wil be guarantied purgatory by paying for mass for forgiveness of ur sins,humm i pity u

DID THE JEWS BELIEVE IN SHEOL?
DID THE GREEKS BELIEVE IN HADES?

DUDE STOP TRAILING ME BEFORE I REPORT YOU, THIS ISN'T FUNNY!!!
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2009
Why would God send people who served and obeyed him to prison when they die? What kind of God is that.and i hear dat purgatory is a place of tortoure and punishment, funny heh? Besides where did disobedient ones like the poor blokes in sodom and gomorrah go when they wer iced by the lord?
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2009
Why would God send people who served and obeyed him to prison when they die? What kind of God is that.and i hear dat purgatory is a place of tortoure and punishment, funny heh? Besides where did disobedient ones like the poor blokes in sodom and gomorrah go when they wer iced by the lord?
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2009
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2009
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by noetic1: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2009
tudor:

and did u have to post this rubbish 4 times?

since u dont believe in God, why is it important to u what GOD does to you or them at death. irrational insanity best defines many of the atheistic postulations. why constructively discuss the actions and inactions of a being u dont believe in? This is medically called madness.

To answer ur question, who ever makes the laws passes judgement. If He says u are not worthy, so be it.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Lady2(f): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2009
Dude (Reply, Click ONCE) not four times mehn.

The prison isn't a literal prison as in bondage. No it is a place where these people are kept until they go through a cleansing from their attachment to original sin. St. Peter describes it as a Prison because in it there isn't always fun, not that they can physically feel pain, but that the pain comes because they will have such a longing for God that it pains them that they have sinned even once against God, and they will see God but not be able to get to him.

It's kinda like a fat kid who sees the big juicy fat cake but he can't get to it, and he thinks he's going to die for not getting that cake. It is that longing to be with God, and they get cleansed from their attachment to sin. WHy? Because nothing unclean can enter heaven.
Well purgatory isn't a place of torture or punishment, it is a place of cleansing. However it will feel like torture, imagine being able to see God and not get to him, that's all the torture there is.

Those sodomites, I can't tell u where they go as I cannot pronounce judgement on people, only God can do that. If he felt some of them were to go to hell, so be it, to purgatory to be cleansed then so be it
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2009
@noetic- you are a BLOODY slowpoke! Even if i dnt believe in god it doesn't mean i cnt ask questions. ''Irrational insanity best describes atheistic postulations''.dude cmon!wat wuld u call a belief dat sum guy was immaculately conceivd,or a guy rose 4rm d dead,or d belief dat your pastor (a fraudster)makes miracles. Dats classic medical stupidity.Afterall xtians lyk u go around d world preaching d gospel,we have a right to answers. As 4 ur answer,it shows your stupidity and gullibility,i'm sure a self righteous ass lyk u wuld claim to have d holy spirit.why dnt u ask him heh?
@lady,thanks 4 trying to answer my question,unlike d previous 'ignoramus'.what is d original sin if i might ask?
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2009
As 4 d multiple posts,u shld talk 2 seun.i click it says error again and again it finally posts only 4 me to see it 4 times, noetic culd pray 4 divine intervention if he wants
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by noetic1: 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2009
tudor:

@noetic- you are a BLOODY slowpoke! Even if i dnt believe in god it doesn't mean i cnt ask questions. ''Irrational insanity best describes atheistic postulations''.dude cmon!wat wuld u call a belief dat sum guy was immaculately conceivd,or a guy rose 4rm d dead,or d belief dat your pastor (a fraudster)makes miracles. Dats classic medical stupidity.Afterall xtians lyk u go around d world preaching d gospel,we have a right to answers. As 4 ur answer,it shows your stupidity and gullibility,i'm sure a self righteous ass lyk u wuld claim to have d holy spirit.why dnt u ask him heh?
Again u display ur legendary irrationality and inability to make a meaningful postulation, this is very goat-like

Who is the God u dont believe in?
what/who is the Holy Spirit?
Any intelligent reason to disbelieve HIS "immaculate conception" sinless life, death and resurrection?

I wont be surprised if you have none or cannot answer this questions, cos its obvious from ur posts that there are lots of similarities between u and a goat . Though I sincerely dont know any differences between u two.

ur (u and the goat ) similarities however include, irrationality, inability to talk or make sense, ability to chat bullshit and legendary dullness.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2009
All those non-Israelites were judged according to what they had at that time . . . Enoch was righteous, Noah found favor with God, Abraham was called of God . . . but there was no Judaism then, no sacrifice of rams for sin, no passover rites . . . no temple, no word of God . . . how then did these men find favour with God?

Paul makes us understand this issue a bit better . . . Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

What law where these gentiles following? There is a natural law put in the hearts of EVERY MAN by which they shall be judged [size=18pt]IF[/size] they died WITHOUT hearing the gospel of salvation.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by mazaje(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2009
n_o_e_t_ic:

Again u display ur legendary irrationality and inability to make a meaningful postulation, this is very goat-like  

Who is the God u dont believe in?
what/who is the Holy Spirit?
Any intelligent reason to disbelieve HIS "immaculate conception" sinless life, death and resurrection?

I wont be surprised if you have none or cannot answer this questions, cos its obvious from ur posts that there are lots of similarities between u and a goat . Though I sincerely dont know any differences between u two.

ur (u and the goat  ) similarities however include, irrationality, inability to talk or make sense, ability to chat bullshit and legendary dullness.

grin grin grin idiot shut up and be quite. . .do you know anything or can you think for yourself? what do you know apart from copying and pasting the apologies of others that you did not even bother to read and check if it agrees with what is written in the bible. . . .  the guy asked you a very simple question instead of answering your are insulting him. . . let me ask you two simple question this time make sure you read the apologies that you are going to copy and paste to make sure that they agree with what is written in the bible so that you don't make a fool of yourself like you did on the other thread. . .

1. the bible says that jesus will come, die and be raised on the 3rd day according to the scriptures, i want to know which scripture that is. . .because there is no such thing in the old testament. . . .

2. according to Mt 12:40, christ will be buried for three nights, but he died on a Friday and by Sunday the tomb was empty. between friday and sunday, there are just two nights, not three so how did the writer get it so wrong. . . .by the way you are still yet to tell me where jesus first appeared to the 11 of his disciples after he was allegedly raised from the dead. . . .was it in jerusalem or galilee. . .?
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by noetic1: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2009
mazaje:

grin grin grin idiot shut up and be quite. . .do you know anything or can you think for yourself? what do you know apart from copying and pasting the apologies of others that you did not even bother to read and check if it agrees with what is written in the bible. . . .  the guy asked you a very simple question instead of answering your are insulting him. . . let me ask you two simple question this time make sure you read the apologies that you are going to copy and paste to make sure that they agree with what is written in the bible so that you don't make a fool of yourself like you did on the other thread. . .
Thou friend of a goat grin . . . .did a dog bite u? so y are u so worked up?
your friend was asking a senseless question like u are fond of, it seems to me like u are both from the same place, where ignorant and unintelligent folks are bred. grin grin grin

CAN U PLEASE SHOW ONE EXAMPLE WHERE I HAVE USED GOOGLE TO PLAGIARISE? thou ignorant atheist. , . full of bullshit.

1. the bible says that jesus will come, die and be raised on the 3rd day according to the scriptures, i want to know which scripture that is. . .because there is no such thing in the old testament. . . .
Isaiah 53
1 Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression [a] and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

[b]9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the LORD makes [c] his life a guilt offering,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

satisfied?

2. according to Mt 12:40, christ will be buried for three nights, but he died on a Friday and by Sunday the tomb was empty. between friday and sunday, there are just two nights, not three so how did the writer get it so wrong. . . .by the way you are still yet to tell me where jesus first appeared to the 11 of his disciples after he was allegedly raised from the dead. . . .was it in jerusalem or galilee. . .?  
He died and rose up on the third day. what's ur problem or question?. . . . . thou beclouded atheist!!!
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ no-slowpoke-etic . The god i dnt believe is d one u claim to represent and worship, Dude i cnt believe you! U ask me 4 any intelligent reason to disbelieve imaculate conception,sinless life & ressurection? U've just showed your fish-like brain in debating and asking questionr. Tell me,any intelligent reason to believe dan the writings of four blokes who say they re disciples and cudn't even get their stories straight abt their 'beloveth' master's last word?for all we knw dey made it up.and super-goats lyk u swallow it hook line an sinker! SELF-RIGHTEOUS ASS!
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by noetic1: 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2009
tudor:

@ no-slowpoke-etic . The god i dnt believe is d one u claim to represent and worship, Dude i cnt believe you! U ask me 4 any intelligent reason to disbelieve imaculate conception,sinless life & ressurection? U've just showed your fish-like brain in debating and asking questionr. Tell me,any intelligent reason to believe dan the writings of four blokes who say they re disciples and cudn't even get their stories straight abt their 'beloveth' master's last word?for all we knw dey made it up.and super-goats lyk u swallow it hook line an sinker! SELF-RIGHTEOUS ASS!
what exactly are u saying? I am allergic to rantings.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2009
@davidalyn, ,hmmmn so we have 'natural law in us'?examples please, ,wat ur saying is god is gonna hold dem responsible,even as they didn't knw a whiff who he was and his rules and regulations,dats outrageous!
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 10:18pm On Apr 23, 2009
@noetic ANSWER MY QUESTION U BLOODY IDIOT!! Stop being evasive! Give me INTELLIGENT reasons to believe your imaculate conception and ressurection.COWARD!
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2009
tudor:

@davidalyn, ,hmmmn so we have 'natural law in us'?examples please, ,wat ur saying is god is gonna hold dem responsible,even as they didn't knw a whiff who he was and his rules and regulations,dats outrageous!

You dont seem to be interested in understanding this issue as much as scoring another point for godless humans FC. Paul talks about "natural law" as being written in their hearts and goes further to explain it by adding this - their conscience also bearing witness.

Every man has a conscience that tells you whether what you're doing is right or wrong. Noah didnt know God, never read a bible all his life, didnt know about the 10 commandments, had never heard of sin or forgiveness . . . YET he found favor with God. A clear indication that EVEN THEN there were men and women who lived by the natural laws of the human conscience. That law that tells you deep in your heart that stealing, lying or killing your neighbour is wrong!
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2009
tudor:

@noetic ANSWER MY QUESTION U BLOODY IDIOT!! Stop being evasive! Give me INTELLIGENT reasons to believe your imaculate conception and ressurection.COWARD!

You dont want an answer . . . stop screaming your lungs out. You simply are out to score a point . . . even if this were explained to you 100 times you'd either slink away like huxley does all the time or stay here yelling that your questions have been evaded. I answered the very question pertaining to the thread, it seems you're trying to avoid that now by bringing up two completely different questions irrelevant to the topic of the thread. We are already used to such rigmarolling.

Besides why are you asking for "intelligent" reasons? Do you assume you are actually intelligent enough to understand intelligent reasoning? I think not. You seem to misconstrue ad hominems for intelligence.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by mazaje(m): 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2009
n_o_e_t_ic:

Thou friend of a goat grin . . . .did a dog bite u? so y are u so worked up?
your friend was asking a senseless question like u are fond of, it seems to me like u are both from the same place, where ignorant and unintelligent folks are bred.  grin grin grin

you have just perfectly described your self thou deluded goat. . . .

CAN U PLEASE SHOW ONE EXAMPLE WHERE I HAVE USED GOOGLE TO PLAGIARISE? thou ignorant atheist. ,  .

easy. . . why are you shouting? in you haste to sound stupid and foolish you did not even bother to read what i wrote(make sure you read and understand things before shouting like a headless chicken), you were so in a hurry to ejaculate and make yourself look stupid. . . where did i say that you plagiarized? do you know what plagiarism means? its very clear you do not know what plagiarism means, i said you COPY AND PASTED  the apologies of another person without reading it. . . . .copying and pasting is not plagiarism thou ignorant goat go check your dictionary and get the meaning of plagiarism before ejaculating. . .

full of bullshit.Isaiah 53
1 Who has believed our message
      and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
      and like a root out of dry ground.
      He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
      nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by men,
      a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
      Like one from whom men hide their faces
      he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities
      and carried our sorrows,
      yet we considered him stricken by God,
      smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
      he was crushed for our iniquities;
      the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
      and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
      each of us has turned to his own way;
      and the LORD has laid on him
      the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
      yet he did not open his mouth;
      he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
      and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
      so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression [a] and judgment he was taken away.
      And who can speak of his descendants?
      For he was cut off from the land of the living;
      for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

[b]9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,

10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
      and though the LORD makes [c] his life a guilt offering,
      he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
      and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.  

satisfied?

what is this?  grin grin grin it says that jesus will die and be resurrected after 3 days and you are showing me a verse that is not even talking about jesus?

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,

lets assume that this passage was talking about jesus(which it definitely is not) where does it talk about resurrection, where does it say that that jesus will be dead for 3 days? where does it say he will rise from the dead after 3 days? you are a complete goon. . . .  grin grin, new testament passages said that it was written in the scriptures that jesus will be crucified, and be resurrected after 3 days. . . . i am still waiting for you to provide that scripture where it is written as the writers of the new testament said that jesus will die and be resurrected after 3 days. . .

He died and rose up on the third day. what's ur problem or question?. . . . . thou beclouded atheist!!!

he died and rose on the 3rd day in your imaginations abi according to what your parents forced you to believe since when you were a baby. . . ? deluded goat. . . . .
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2009
@davidalny, guy open your eyes,d issue abt intelligent reasons was brought up by your team mate 'noetic',and he doesn't evn hv d nerve to answer my question.
Contrary to what u might believe i'm asking an honest question and not out to score points,your answers re nt satisfactory and i'm seeking clarification, d problem with religious pple is when pple ask questions,they think u're out to get them,
As 4 paul and his sayings,you are not born with a concience,your concience is made by what you are taught as right and wrong,and it prompts u wen u go against d principles you wer taught, so there's nothing lyk 'written in their hearts',when ur born you're a blank slate,shaped by what u see,hear,feel and touch.
As per your brother noetic,the issue whether i can handle intelligent reasons is irrelevant,give me the reasons/points FIRST,then we knw if am capable or not
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by mazaje(m): 12:06am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

What law where these gentiles following? There is a natural law put in the hearts of EVERY MAN by which they shall be judged [size=18pt]IF[/size] they died WITHOUT hearing the gospel of salvation.

there is no natural law that exist in the hearts of very man. . . that is a fallacy. . .your conscience is made by what you are taught as right and wrong, moslems believe that it is right to kill the unbelievers because allah tells them to do so. . .ancient jews believe it is right to kill the canaanites, jebusites, etc because they were living on the land that was promised them by their tribal god. . . .even the ancient jew believed that slavery was a good thing. . . incest is now considered a bad thing but it wasn't during the time of abraham because his wife sarah was his half sister according to the bible. . .into days world such a union will be considered a crime. i was watching a documentary on aljareera, a guy went to pakistan and documented how the taliban had completely polluted the minds of little children, the children were taught to kill without feeling any remorse the pakistani soldiers, they talibans taught the children that they were pleasing allah their creator if they did that and they will be rewarded excellently by allah when they die. . .that might be wrong to you but to them they were made to believe it is a holy thing to do. . . .stoning to death a person's child was acceptable in the old testament times but it is not in today's world. . .lying to save a person's life is not a bad thing at all. . . .stealing to feed your starving family is not a bad thing at all. . .during the early 1900 americans were taught to believe that blacks were less human and deserved to be treated as slaves, some even used the bible to justify it. . .so many arabs grew up believing that it was ok for them to kill people and force them into islam, some grew up believing that it was ok to enslave others. . .THERE IS NO NATURAL LAW WRITTEN IN THE HEART OF ANY MAN. . . people learn what ever they know because they were taught about it. . . . .morality is always evolving. . . during the old testament times there was nothing like decrees when engaging in wars nothing like war crime existed then, you kill your enemies and take away all their possessions including women and animals, that is impossible in today's world the IDF can never do such a thing in gaza or tehran . .so your assertion abi paul's assertion is very false. . .
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2009
tudor:

As 4 paul and his sayings,you are not born with a concience,your concience is made by what you are taught as right and wrong,and it prompts u wen u go against d principles you wer taught, so there's nothing lyk 'written in their hearts',when ur born you're a blank slate,shaped by what u see,hear,feel and touch.
As per your brother noetic,the issue whether i can handle intelligent reasons is irrelevant,give me the reasons/points FIRST,then we knw if am capable or not

dont blame us tudor, after spending 6 months with bone heads like mazaje and huxley you cant help but feel that most of you are simply out looking to score points rather than asking because you want genuine answers.

I dont get it when you say my answers are "unsatisfactory" . . . in what sense is it? That it does not mirror EXACTLY your own pre-conceived idea of what the answer shld be?
You asked a biblical question and i responded with the biblical answer and its still "unsatisfactory"? Why? Are you the one who set the criteria for those who can and cannot go to heaven? So why do you expect the answer to mirror your mind?

The question was whether non-israelites/gentiles would go to hell IF they NEVER heard about the God of Israel . . . the bible EXPRESSLY says no. What sort of answer where you looking for?

Now to tackle your above questions . . . to claim that "we were not born with a conscience" is FALLACY. Who teaches a 3 yr old to lie? But he wakes up one day and effortlessly tells a lie to get out of trouble . . . what experience taught him to do that?

Did you have to attend classes that taught you that stealing your neighbours goat was wrong? Did you have to visit ethics class to know that stealing meat from the pot was wrong?

My dear, no body is EVER born with a blank slate . . . that is just a flat out LIE you desperately need to force your own opinions into the bible.
Re: Where Did The Non-isrealites(gentiles) During Ancient Times Go Heaven Or Hell? by mazaje(m): 12:46am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

dont blame us tudor, after spending 6 months with bone heads like mazaje and huxley you cant help but feel that most of you are simply out looking to score points rather than asking because you want genuine answers.

I dont get it when you say my answers are "unsatisfactory" . . . in what sense is it? That it does not mirror EXACTLY your own  pre-conceived idea of what the answer shld be?
You asked a biblical question and i responded with the biblical answer and its still "unsatisfactory"? Why? Are you the one who set the criteria for those who can and cannot go to heaven? So why do you expect the answer to mirror your mind?

The question was whether non-israelites/gentiles would go to hell IF they NEVER heard about the God of Israel . . . the bible EXPRESSLY says no. What sort of answer where you looking for?

Now to tackle your above questions . . . to claim that "we were not born with a conscience" is FALLACY. Who teaches a 3 yr old to lie? But he wakes up one day and effortlessly tells a lie to get out of trouble . . . what experience taught him to do that?

Did you have to attend classes that taught you that stealing your neighbours goat was wrong? Did you have to visit ethics class to know that stealing meat from the pot was wrong?

My dear, no body is EVER born with a blank slate . . . that is just a flat out LIE you desperately need to force your own opinions into the bible.

this goon is just saying things that do not make sense. . . .this is another lie. . . .when abraham married his half sister sarah was incest considered a bad thing then? there is a tribe in australia that used to believe that if they eat human flesh it will make them better hunters so they caught people killed them and ate them. . . . do these people that practised cannibalism believe that is was wrong? if they were born with a conscience will they do that? if we were born with a conscience will abraham marry his half sister? i told you that the ancient jews do not believe that stealing was wrong because they stole the animals of their neighbour when they engage them in war. . .why is it that the present israeli forces can not do that? if we are born with a natural conscience will the ancient jews steal the animals and women of their neighbours when they fight them in wars? will they forcefully enslave them? will they kill off innocent children and women? do we intentionally kill off innocent children and women in today's conventional  wars? why are there war crimes today? do they exist when moses and his foot soldiers were killing innocent children and raping innocent women and burning entire cities to the ground as was written in the bible? you are a complete goon. . . .people are born with a BLANK slate. . . do the children of the australian cannibal tribe know that killing and eating other people is wrong? were they not taught to believe that it was right? if we were born with a conscience will their children kill other people and eat them?  do the taliban children know that it is wrong to kill others that are not like them? were they not taught to believe that? people are taught what is good and what is bad. its like you have never been around kids before. . . if you have you will not say such a thing. . .a kid will see a thing and pick it up and begin to play with it or assume that it is his. . .haven't you seen parents slap or shout on their little kids and teach them not to take things that do not belong to them because it isn't theirs and it is a bad thing to do? if we are born with a conscience will a baby do that? are we not taught every thing that we know? if we are born with a conscience then why is morality evolving? 70 years ago you will not be allowed to attended the same class with whites in the united state. . .now things have changed. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buddhism / If The Adam And Eve Story Is True, It Means That Every Science Is Lie. / BBC documentary:Dstv Pulls Down T. B. Joshua Channel, Emmanuel Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.