Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is N70m Too Much For This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is N70m Too Much For This? (1969 Views)

FG Proposes N70m For Training Livestock Rearers, Cattlemen / If You Think Fashola's N70m Website Is A Corruption See This Inside 2016 Budget / CCT To Arraign Orubebe For False Asset Declaration & Acceptance Of N70m Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is N70m Too Much For This? by maximilian19(m): 5:58am On Oct 02, 2015
Goodmorning Nigerians, yesterday was the independent were Nigeria added another year to its year, but as we heard the president signed N70m for the independent day.
On 30th day of september i was in the central area i did not see any decoration showing Nigeria will be having their Independent that next day been 1st of Oct. It was just dry, unlike last year, 2014, were u see in almost every car with the Nigeria flag flying on them, but this time i saw just 2 cars, a range autobiograpy and the 2nd is on S.p car.

On 1st Oct. Only NTA was allowed to televise the occation, even ait was getting it signer from NTA, channels was on a platform in lagos, silverbird are busy with sportnews, i want to ask, were this television lisenced station ban from taking coverage? FOI is it fading away?

In aso villa on oct 1, 2015, people on match parade are just the Nig. Army, what about the Airforce, Navy, police NSCDC, man 'o' war, NYSC, students, let take it the N70m may not get to all the state to display their cultural Heritage as last oct 1, 2014, it was just the Nigeria Army that matched.

The people present in the occation as i was watching from NTA television station are, the president, the vice, the senate president, not sure if Dogara was there, their wifes are absents, i was able to see not up to 8 parm. Secs, 3 elderstate men, 3 foreign envoy, and about 60 Apc members, catholic Bishop and chife Iman. Which both say the prayers. After prayer PHCN took the light.

was N70m too much all this?
Leave ur opinion, like, if it much it share if u thought it small.

2 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by macolino(m): 6:02am On Oct 02, 2015
Didn't you hear Baba then that Ait and channels will not cover our national events again?..op do U mean 70m or 70b?

5 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by disloman(m): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2015
Hmmm.Don't know what to say.
Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Baawaa(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2015
macolino:
Didn't you hear Baba then that Ait and channels will not cover our national events again?..op do U mean 70m or 70b?
Yes,70 million, Jonathan is a prodigal son.Last year Jonathan spent 6.7 billion on this same anniversary.

7 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Greyworld: 6:13am On Oct 02, 2015
Dah! This year's independence was a huge sham.

We shud av skipped it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by macolino(m): 6:20am On Oct 02, 2015
Baawaa:

Yes,70 million, Jonathan is a prodigal son.Last year Jonathan spent 6.7 billion on this same anniversary.
,But did baba tell you he spent 70m?

2 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by softvio(m): 6:23am On Oct 02, 2015
Baawaa:

why are you lying with a lost conscience? Last year? You must be joking,cause that amount was only spent on our 50th anniversary

1 Like

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by maximilian19(m): 6:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Baawaa:

6.7bn, with all Cultural heritage displayed, schools, teachers, army airforce police, navy, NSCDC, Man 'O'war, NYSC, children, foreign envoy, head of states, president, from different countries, and so many. 70m for matching parade alone.

4 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by khassy(m): 6:25am On Oct 02, 2015
maximilian19:
Goodmorning Nigerians, yesterday was the independent were Nigeria added another year to its year, but as we heard the president signed N70m for the independent day.
On 30th day of september i was in the central area i did not see any decoration showing Nigeria will be having their Independent that next day been 1st of Oct. It was just dry, unlike last year, 2014, were u see in almost every car with the Nigeria flag flying on them, but this time i saw just 2 cars, a range autobiograpy and the 2nd is on S.p car.

On 1st Oct. Only NTA was allowed to televise the occation, even ait was getting it signer from NTA, channels was on a platform in lagos, silverbird are busy with sportnews, i want to ask, were this television lisenced station ban from taking coverage? FOI is it fading away?

In aso villa on oct 1, 2015, people on match parade are just the Nig. Army, what about the Airforce, Navy, police NSCDC, man 'o' war, NYSC, students, let take it the N70m may not get to all the state to display their cultural Heritage as last oct 1, 2014, it was just the Nigeria Army that matched.

The people present in the occation as i was watching from NTA television station are, the president, the vice, the senate president, not sure if Dogara was there, their wifes are absents, i was able to see not up to 8 parm. Secs, 3 elderstate men, 3 foreign envoy, and about 60 Apc members, catholic Bishop and chife Iman. Which both say the prayers. After prayer PHCN took the light.

so what do you want us to say undecidedundecided

BTW
Today's my mom's birthday

can I get some likes for her

4 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Dbboy(m): 6:30am On Oct 02, 2015
To be sincere this is the driest independence celebration ever and of there words of using 70 million is to be agreed then that's the problem. We all marvel when Russia, china and common North Korea celebrate there's showing the world what they realy are made up of and you budget just 70 million for a national event the whole world is watching, then what are you telling the world. Keeping up appearance is a strategy and Nigeria fails in that respect. For the past 6 years I could recall all event that happens in the celebration of our national event but that of yesterday held no meaning to me period. Buhari should not that such celebration was meant for the whole Nigeria not for him and his cohort.

2 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Tomorrow Apc will say they wanted to say 700million, how are we sure is only 70 million,because they are are covering their failure with tarnishing GEJ's image

2 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 02, 2015
Na wa oo wetin baba go do to please these children of Satan

If the celebration was flamboyant you will say its waste of resources now baba want to cut cost you say it's dry?

may you not die sooner

7 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Tallesty1(m): 6:58am On Oct 02, 2015
Baawaa:

Though your assert is unfounded but let's assume you're saying the truth, Why must we always talk about where the man bleeped up?

Jonathan spent years in office without building any helipad, Buhari hasn't spent half a year there and he's building one already.

2 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 02, 2015
Everybody knows that 70m was too much for the indoor "celebration" yesterday. That is why they dispatched El Rufai to tell Nigerians about the billion billion the past admin of jona used

3 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 02, 2015
USarmy:
Tomorrow Apc will say they wanted to say 700million, how are we sure is only 70 million,because they are are covering their failure with tarnishing GEJ's image

you be big fool. Gbagam.

5 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Scatterscatter(m): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2015
What has flamboyant celebration brought to the table in the past 5yrs? Noting but #67billion wasted and drenched down the drain. We need to face more important issues in this country and stop being childish. Let's fix more important things.
At least I'm happy I had light for like 18hrs yesterday.

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN

8 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by Scatterscatter(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2015
Dbboy:
To be sincere this is the driest independence celebration ever and of there words of using 70 million is to be agreed then that's the problem. We all marvel when Russia, china and common North Korea celebrate there's showing the world what they realy are made up of and you budget just 70 million for a national event the whole world is watching, then what are you telling the world. Keeping up appearance is a strategy and Nigeria fails in that respect. For the past 6 years I could recall all event that happens in the celebration of our national event but that of yesterday held no meaning to me period. Buhari should not that such celebration was meant for the whole Nigeria not for him and his cohort.

So after watching and celebrating in the past, GEJ gave every graduate an automatic employment or rather still, USA and China gave poor Nigerians a life line. Lets stop deceiving ourselves and set our priorities right

7 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by azzima(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2015
Dbboy:
what is it really to celebrate? tell me?mediocrity??Malaysia and others that got their independence about a decade after Nigeria is light years away from Nigeria in terms of development. And your Drunkard was spending Billions to celebrate mediocrity. Buhari is soooooooo right about spending 70M. That man is just too focused!

2 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by stinggy(m): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2015
maximilian19:

6.7bn, with all Cultural heritage displayed, schools, teachers, army airforce police, navy, NSCDC, Man 'O'war, NYSC, children, foreign envoy, head of states, president, from different countries, and so many. 70m for matching parade alone.

Is it reasonable to continue all these in the light of dwindling income from oil and almost all state of the federation owing workers' salary?
Truth is we have to cut down our spendings and you should be glad he managed to save a huge sum that would have been spent of frivolities.

1 Like

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2015
khassy:

so what do you want us to say undecidedundecided

BTW
Today's my mom's birthday

can I get some likes for her
Is your mom on Nairaland? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by missmaris020(f): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2015
maximilian19:

Habbah! Nigerians, why are we alwaz going after unnecessary things. What will flamboyant celebration do 4 us. Is dat wot will solve d problem of unemployment in the country or will it stop terrorism? Why nt face the important thing. What are we even celebrating? Independent indeed..

5 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by morbeta(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
Though your assert is unfounded but let's assume you're saying the truth, Why must we always talk about where the man bleeped up?

Jonathan spent years in office without building any helipad, Buhari hasn't spent half a year there and he's building one already.

It funny the way some of you reason, what is helipad, i have mine here in Lekki and so does anyone that has need for it. Jona has too for your information. The bottomline is that PMB is here to redeem already damaged reputation of this great nation, so lets appreciate God for a man like this.

2 Likes

Re: Is N70m Too Much For This? by IDGAF(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2015
@ OP(Maximilian19) it is not Independent day but independence day

Others av already made my point about how irrelevant ur complain is at this state of dwindling economy.You should be thankul to Buhari!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HILARIOUS!!! Biafra Religion: Biafra Priests On Evangelism / SEE Photo: Ibrahim Babangida IBB Rocks His Agbada With Canvass / Who Saw The Way Saraki Bluffed Akpabio Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.