Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah (18894 Views)

Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari / Buhari, Osinbajo Declare Assets / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by free2ryhme: 8:23am On Oct 02, 2015
The Bishop is damn right!
Ministers must declare their assets now and after leaving office.
But if my children are schooling abroad before I'm appointed a minister, the source of funding should be declared as well.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by free2ryhme: 8:23am On Oct 02, 2015
My dear Bishop, you always confuse me especially when I remember you are a Bishop and should be able to call sin sin. I don't understand what you mean by saying that many good people in Nigeria are doing bad things? Pray Bishop what is that? Each time you wander into the political arena , you always make a controversial statement. I know we are all sinners but when you say many good people are doing bad things, I sincerely become confused cause I don't get it. If you are a good person, why will you be doing bad things? The fact that you are doing bad things makes you a bad person. Somebody should please rescue me from this tautology.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by rottenegg: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Same music, different singer! Singing to deaf listeners.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by tinsel: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Why is it always Buhari do this buhari do that. How many people have called senators to declare asset. Kukah has been silent on Saraki issue?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by kingdompropty: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2015
I believe that if this happens many of them will hide their assets, and i pray whoever takes over in future will smoke them out or the benefactors will seize them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by miki1(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2015
We are watching
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by farihafaheemah(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Kukah u played major role in jonathan administration, and we know where ur body language tilted to. Pls keep ur advise, u never supported Buhari. why are u now clamouring for his Ministers to declare office publicly. Pls give that advice to ur CAN president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by drss(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2015
kodlins:
Bishop Kukah really delivered a great lecture yesterday.

Every single person in the auditorium gave an overwhelming applause and standing ovation.

He was my best speaker. Seconded by Mrs Bolanle Peters.

Bishop kuka is one of d best if not d best speakers in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Kx: 8:27am On Oct 02, 2015
jabbok:
he is speaking as a good Nigerian.

Good Nigerian?
Well, no need remembering how "some good Nigerians" made effort to speak out against PMB's supposed quest to probe the most recent administration.
Be that as it may, I am totally in support IF AND ONLY IF the constitution says so.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by jomoh: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by kodlins(f): 8:32am On Oct 02, 2015
CCT takes over from there.
webshopng1:
Amen my bishop.

But what happens wen they lie about it undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Sultanchidi(m): 8:37am On Oct 02, 2015
Exactly let's c how those ex governors wil tel us dat dey ar nt corrupt and they are saints unless the CCB wil aid dem 2 deceive us
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by kode12: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2015
shiinihost:
Listening to this man speak yesterday at the platform, i became ashamed of my faith. Kukah and his likes are some of the persons holding Nigeria sway.
Seriously use simple English I really want to understand what your statement means
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by macolino(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2015
largehead:
Young John the wicked Producer
By the mention of his name my leg began to shakitibobo
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by LordMecuzy(m): 8:40am On Oct 02, 2015
shiinihost:
Listening to this man speak yesterday at the platform, i became ashamed of my faith. Kukah and his likes are some of the persons holding Nigeria sway.

how do you mean Bro?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Ubenedictus(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Kx:
Needless to say that incoming ministers should be made to declare their assets IF the Nigerian constitution says so,

however,one would equally like to reconfirm if Kukah is now speaking from the religious pulpit or from the political campaign pulpit.
it is the duty of clerics to speak truth to power. Kukah is within the confines of his power as a Catholic bishop he has the right to voice his opinion on how government should go. Infact it will be sinful if he refuses to speak.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Buhari has always emphasized his ministers must declare their asserts if he does not see it true then he is a man of double standards.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by wiseoneking: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Aminat508:

Source:http://www.punchng.com/politics/buharis-ministers-must-declare-assets-publicly-kukah/
If Buhari does it, Fashola and Fayemi would be in trouble. I hope they scale through the senate who already knew their corrupt pasts.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by amazingspiderma: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2015
This man has insight.
God bless you sir.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by uridiwan(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2015
omusiliyu:
For those that are castigating the politicians read what Aristotle said about you.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."
Aristole really referred to ekiti people and their dumb ass gover***
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Neyomickey1: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2015
Kukah can be seen to be making good suggestion here but where was father Kukah when GEJ was there to give him this advice. And is it not the same father Kukah pleading that Buhari should not probe GEJ's regime? Talking from two side of the mouth.....
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by DjAduba(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2015
Mr Kukah cant you just face your church business and let our leaders be for a moment...Stop bringing confusions here please..Doz Seven Billions you guys shared last time i dont think you can still have such opportunity.....Remember PMB the new Sheriff is around and stealing is now corruption... Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by onyeogalu1(m): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2015
I listen to the Bishop's speech and I must say I agree with 80% of his point .
However, for the fact that the supposed good people are doing bad things, the bad they do qualifies them as bad people.
My humble opinion.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by wristbangle: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2015
Okay.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by mikeapollo: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2015
If that is the case, then let us wait for Fashola's asset declaration because I remember it is on record that he was using a Benz 200 and Sagem phone when he was appointed Chief of Staff by Tinubu in 2003

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by UnknownT: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2015
farihafaheemah:
Kukah u played major role in jonathan administration, and we know where ur body language tilted to. Pls keep ur advise, u never supported Buhari. why are u now clamouring for his Ministers to declare office publicly. Pls give that advice to ur CAN president
pray tell us the major role he played in Jonathan's administration?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by stevealibi: 8:54am On Oct 02, 2015
crycode of conduct burea shall be dia portion. Amen my bishop.

But what happens wen they lie about it undecided[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by AndroBlaze: 8:54am On Oct 02, 2015
“Corrupt people are not necessarily bad people. A lot of them are not bad people because they do a lot of good things. But we live in a country where too many good people are doing too many bad things.”

Anyone who steals (which is what corruption is) from a nation like Nigeria where one is surrounded by abject poverty CAN NEVER be a good person!! Never!!

These ministers should learn from the God they claim to serve, if he made sure his only begotten son was not born to a king/rich man, but to a lowly carpeneter, no MOG will ever be able to tell me the lust for money/material things is not wrong. They should learn to use their Bibles and common sense when they talk.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by blackpanda: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2015
Honestly as a catholic I am ashamed of Kukah! He should just shut and go into hiding. Corrupt human being!
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by dongodfrey(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2015
Nice speech from bishop kukah. Declaring of assets is very very good but asking their children to school here I think is a matter of choice because we still have good public universities in Nigeria. The last time I checked I think bishop kukah schooled abroad
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by banio: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2015
Funny Nigerians. Did PMB declare his assets, that U are now saying his ministers shud declare theirs. Was it not his media aid that wrote some lines and some say that's their President declaring his assets. Later PMB will say he never made any asset declaration to the public as his party said PMB did not promise anything within 100days.
Moreover what Garuba did is not asset declaration, the worth of each asset not stated. Is PMB scared to state that his Asokoro Mansion is worth billions of naire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Militants Disrupt Elections In South Ijaw / Buhari Directs Nigerian Flags To Fly At Half-mast For Three Days / Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.