Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:25 PM

Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah (18878 Views)

Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari / Buhari, Osinbajo Declare Assets / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by greatest31: 9:59am On Oct 02, 2015
sirmmykay:
me personally will appreciate if d so called spiritual fathers will try nd stay away frm all dis political question dt wil mk pple to talk to them anyhow. I think it wil be good if dey cn learn of pastor Adeboye, kumuyi (not always on d news), mountain of fire G.O etc

If you are Christian, go through your bible and if you are not, borrow bible and read. It is the men of God that talk to the kings and when you keep quite, God will punish you.

Ask those ones that are keeping quite who they are representing because if you are representing God, you must talk when things are bad.

Quote me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by MrLaw101(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2015
yeah....bt isit a must since d constitution does nt provide 4 that?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by snellsun(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2015
bjdon:

What he's saying is that the Nigerian System makes people corrupt, even if they are good by Nature. My brother if you've never been in a govt position you will not know how hard it is. The corruption is all pervasive and all around you. There was story recently of a solider who was deployed to the Niger Detla, when they where out on patrol and encountered some oil smugglers, he witnessed his superior officer collect bribe from the smugglers. The officer proceeded to divide out the bribe among the men, and this soilder did not want to take his share. He was told in very clear terms that if he does not join in, then it means he can't be trusted.... you know what that means. In a country where the system works, that solider would have the confidence to go and report the matter to the Military police, but of course we all know he can't do that in Nigeria. So eventually the solider accept his share of the bribe. That is a clear example of a good person, being corrupted by the system. It is a very sad fact.

exactly. many do not understand wat d man was saying. I am reading so many comments here & I begin 2 see reasons y many of our graduates are unemployable.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 02, 2015
corrupt people r not necessarily bad people?...nawa o.. Bishop wit all due respect, u r just trying to justify what ur corrupt benefactor did when he was president.. u r trying to lecture Buhari on setting standards when u can't lace his shoes when it comes to integrity, transparency, n other virtues...Jona was in power for six years yet u didn't lecture him about setting standards, u didn't advice him to force d children of his corrupt ministers to study in naija etc etc, rather u kept quiet while he n his gang dried our national Treasury n now u hv d guts to lecture some one who just came in forgetting dat u had six years to lecture d clueless n corrupt one who happened to be ur benefactor..Baba go park well abeg...if u n oda religious leaders had done ur jobs Nigeria will not have been dis fukked up...May Jesus bless n guide n protect Buhari from clueless n corrupt n selfish religious leaders...God bless Nigeria...#nomoreprivateJetsForPastorsOrBishopsToAsoRock
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by otokx(m): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2015
This man has been talking a lot lately, there is something we do not know.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by victord1st: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2015
omusiliyu:
For those that are castigating the politicians read what Aristotle said about you.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by anthony86(m): 10:10am On Oct 02, 2015
“Corrupt people are not necessarily bad people. A
lot of them are not bad people because they do a
lot of good things. But we live in a country where
too many good people are doing too many bad
things.”

That's why you find many church full on Sundays with good tithe paying Christians, Even OBJ is a deacon but when they leave the church you see them doing many bad things.

Nigerians are good people when you meet them in their "church mind"

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by largehead: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2015
macolino:
By the mention of his name my leg began to shakitibobo
lol
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2015
snellsun:

exactly. many do not understand wat d man was saying. I am reading so many comments here & I begin 2 see reasons y many of our graduates are unemployable.
been educated means been able to read between d lines in order to decipher what ordinary people can't....Bishop Kukah to me is just trying to justify the corrupt ways of Jonathan. why didn't he say all this during his benefactor's tenure?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by emerged01(m): 10:13am On Oct 02, 2015
greatest31:

Sleep and wake up then you will be able to digest the statement. Don't rush to comment.

Be wise.

I'm willing to learn, you can as well help me to digest the statement " A corrupt man is not necessarily bad man". help me plsssss.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2015
otokx:
This man has been talking a lot lately, there is something we do not know.
him de fear probe na Cuz Jona na him benefactor
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Bolade005: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2015
ushafe:
I think u got it wrong, if my father is a minister or a public office holder and the children school aboard that tells the public he dont believe in the system he is benefiting from, is the problem of public institutions today because their children are in Nigeria they dont care about what happens to public sectors, look at former akea ibom gov. Claimed to build a world class hospital bt he could not take treatment there.
Are the current crop of ministers responsible for the woes in the education sector?, if no, why should their kids now be compelled to go through a decayed educational sector when they can afford to send their kids abroad?.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Bolade005: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2015
castel428:
ar u serious @who is Mr Kukah?ar u a Nigerian?who does not know tha renowned cleric who never feel intimidated to stand 4 d truth right frm obj regime in oputa panel.mehn if spend a minute with this Bishop ur mentality abt Nigeria wil automaticaly change.was opportuned to schl in sokoto,was there when he was installed as the Bishop of Sokoto diocese,u need to see how the Muslims filled the arena u wld thnk that it was a muslim Iman instead of bishop that was being installed.his close friend His Eminence Sultan Abubakar of Sokoto evn had to release his boys quater for the bishop guests who came late wen the accomodation in the hotels were filled up.he teased Sultan for stealing his show because because their common friend the Obi of Onitcha chose to stay at Sultan's instead of Bishop's quaters.dnt let those haters who know nothng abt Kukah tell u otherwise;His Lordship Most Rev.Kukah is the only true statesman that Nigeria can ever have,the Pride of Christianity,his religious tolerance is unqual no wonder he is always on the Pope's top list of the delegates of conflict resolution to countries troubled with religious conflicts.
Thanks for the education.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by omazus: 10:20am On Oct 02, 2015
You are actually faithless. Kukah made me and all Catholics who heard him proud. He spoke truth to power as a shepherd ought to do. Currently I'm only scared for his life in the hands of shameless people like you.
shiinihost:
Listening to this man speak yesterday at the platform, i became ashamed of my faith. Kukah and his likes are some of the persons holding Nigeria sway.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by greatest31: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2015
emerged01:

I'm willing to learn, you can as well help me to digest the statement " A corrupt man is not necessarily bad man". help me plsssss.

You said that you are ready to learn, first a good student will do what the teacher said, sleep and wake up then you can tell me to teach you.

It is a simple instruction.

Learn to obey instructions so that you will always pass your exams.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2015
shiinihost:
Listening to this man speak yesterday at the platform, i became ashamed of my faith. Kukah and his likes are some of the persons holding Nigeria sway.
God bless u bro....some have eyes but cannot see
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by adconline(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2015
Bolade005:
I agree with the public declaration of assets, they all should be compelled to do so but telling them their children must school in Nigeria is pure nonsense.

So because my father is a minister I should be denied the opportunity to get educated at one of the best schools in the world?, father better not accept the post then. Rubbish talk.

Btw, who is this Mr Kukah?
Typical Naija looting mindset.. What ur dad couldnt afford to give u when he was struggling as a party supporter he shall not give u as a govt minister..

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2015
bjdon:

What he's saying is that the Nigerian System makes people corrupt, even if they are good by Nature. My brother if you've never been in a govt position you will not know how hard it is. The corruption is all pervasive and all around you. There was story recently of a solider who was deployed to the Niger Detla, when they where out on patrol and encountered some oil smugglers, he witnessed his superior officer collect bribe from the smugglers. The officer proceeded to divide out the bribe among the men, and this soilder did not want to take his share. He was told in very clear terms that if he does not join in, then it means he can't be trusted.... you know what that means. In a country where the system works, that solider would have the confidence to go and report the matter to the Military police, but of course we all know he can't do that in Nigeria. So eventually the solider accept his share of the bribe. That is a clear example of a good person, being corrupted by the system. It is a very sad fact.

omo, na to smoke all dose soldiers sure pass men, wen dia backs r turn angry
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by adconline(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2015
shiinihost:
It's either you a beneficiary of the status quo or a politician.. Kukah has never held political office and has always been called by politicians and military to help develop a way forward-- maybe you are too young or bereft of political history-Google is ur friend-Oputa Panel, his inter-faith dialogue and National Peace Committee.. He was part of the group that set ground rules b4 the election- which made GEJ to immediately accept the defeat and congratulate PMB.. He has give more help to Naija than ur idol politicians.
Back to his sermon, he is of the opinion that Naija is a place where where 60% are vunerable to corruption, 20% are in between whike 20% are incorruptible, but over time, 20% would join 60% to overwhemingly dominate and stifle 20% incorruptible minority.. You imagine in ur house 80% of family members want to do things the wrong way- fight, cheat, steal-and u r in the silent minorituy.. It would be near impossible to change them

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by teebaxy(m): 11:10am On Oct 02, 2015
Kx:
Needless to say that incoming ministers should be made to declare their assets IF the Nigerian constitution says so,

however,one would equally like to reconfirm if Kukah is now speaking from the religious pulpit or from the political campaign pulpit.
Dude, the pulpit or whatever he's talking doesn't Mara. what Mara most is that he's making sense period .
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by kodlins(f): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2015
adaweezy:

So Pius adesanmi no dey your list
Mediocrity at it's peak....

My dear, it has not called for insult. I just mentioned my best 2. Do you know where he is on my list?

Why don't you create your own list. All the speakers were great. These were simply my best 2.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by kodlins(f): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2015
cbaba:
Would. Have beenn there but the boko haram fear no gree me. U guys were too much and too young and vibrant. Imagine what if....can i get transcripts of everyone that spoke.

You can order for the DVD. Just go to the website
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by kodlins(f): 11:35am On Oct 02, 2015
maestroferddi:
How come you didn't pick Prof Pat Utomi?

I thought I was the only one who found his speech banal and boring...

Prof is a great speaker.
However, his concepts and ideas cannot be easily understood by the common Nigerian.

Example : When Prof Pius talked about the shower head experience, everyone could relate with what he was trying to say.
Maybe, some people will say otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by free13: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2015
Kukah...... lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by gingerbeb: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2015
go cook.shey dem neva do toro investigation on dem.abeg,go bring angel 4rm heaven nw
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by dukecharles(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
webshopng1:
Amen my bishop.

But what happens wen they lie about it undecided

Their case will be like Saraki and CCT
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by skak(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatest31:

I can see a lot of people don't respect themselves again, be careful the way you talk to ordained man of God. He is not a pastor that you can insult anyhow. If you don't know, read and research to respect an ordained bishop. He is not a general overseer or acclaimed bishop.

He is not a politician that is looking for appointment.

Be guided.

Hmmm! Every human being is man of God except those that exempt themselves to be. Therefore, I too is a man of God

As for the research on bishops, i dont need to do so because the headlines on media from around the world on child abuses like guy and raping by the so called men of God is enought evidence to judge ones personality.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by skak(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatest31:

I can see a lot of people don't respect themselves again, be careful the way you talk to ordained man of God. He is not a pastor that you can insult anyhow. If you don't know, read and research to respect an ordained bishop. He is not a general overseer or acclaimed bishop.

He is not a politician that is looking for appointment.

Be guided.

Hmmm! Every human being is man of God except those that exempted themselves to be. Therefore, I too is a man of God

As for the research on bishops, i dont need to do so because the headlines on media from around the world on child abuses like guy and raping by the so called men of God is enought evidence to judge ones personality.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by adaweezy(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
kodlins:

My dear, it has not called for insult. I just mentioned my best 2. Do you know where he is on my list?

Why don't you create your own list. All the speakers were great. These were simply my best 2.
I was just being honest and if you cant see my pun...............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Bathed In Gutter To Celebrate Ganduje's Victory At The Tribunal / Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) / Electricity Has Been Restored In My Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.